Hokuto No Ken

I need every reaction image, panel, page and screenshot you've got. Also
Kenshiro > Rei > Toki > Jagi > Raoh > Shin > Shu > Souther > Ryuuga > Yuda

Attached: 1555386997548.png (320x240, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jIvzuXPyMZg
youtube.com/watch?v=iiIDWMf1_ag
hokuto.fandom.com/wiki/Shin_Kyūseishu_Densetsu_Hokuto_no_Ken
youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8U6HVq4Vs
youtube.com/watch?v=E00l4rhPYoA
youtu.be/Ovn7vonf-dc
youtube.com/watch?v=rgaQTMf4xm8
youtube.com/watch?v=obL1pcYR9gU
youtube.com/watch?v=EWu7i-vjrEY
rq87.flyingomelette.com/HNK/1/15/a.html
youtube.com/watch?v=1-z2BXPhh18
youtube.com/watch?v=MWvqpSn0G3I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: 51651.gif (443x300, 1.99M)

>Kenshiro > Rei > Toki > Jagi > Raoh > Shin > Shu > Souther > Ryuuga > Yuda

If that's power you are going by that is by far incorrect.

It can't be.

Attached: 1550071246989.jpg (480x360, 14K)

ATAA ATAA ATA ATATATATATATTATATATATATATAAATAATATATATATATATATAATATATATATATTATATATATATATAAATAATATATATATATATATA

Attached: ATAAATATATTATATAATATATAATAT.png (1018x756, 1.58M)

Infinitely superior to Masako Nozawa

Attached: 1558024734560.jpg (640x478, 52K)

I only got cancer

Attached: dab.jpg (704x1200, 282K)

Attached: 1551138532863.jpg (360x360, 17K)

I gotchu senpai

Attached: hokutoexplosion.jpg (500x673, 85K)

Attached: hokuto.gif (500x334, 680K)

Attached: 1549799938769.jpg (1500x1349, 635K)

Attached: 1551141181749.jpg (637x477, 77K)

Attached: 1551143044155.jpg (420x470, 199K)

Who else has the SDonBD of the entire series?

sadly my Bluray drive on my PC doesnt read it, its an LG player.

Attached: kill yourself.gif (256x192, 762K)

dumpan

Attached: Falco.png (320x240, 84K)

Attached: fist of the north star rei 2.jpg (360x270, 41K)

Attached: fist of the north star rei 3.jpg (1366x768, 103K)

>Raoh not first
Terrible list.

Attached: fist of the north star rei 4.jpg (720x540, 66K)

Attached: fist of the north star rei 5.jpg (853x418, 260K)

Attached: fist of the north star rei 6.jpg (274x332, 29K)

Attached: fist of the north star rei.jpg (316x238, 47K)

Attached: Fist-of-the-North-Star-Screen-25.png (720x542, 550K)

Attached: Group-fist-of-the-north-star-24289736-1024-768.jpg (1024x768, 329K)

Attached: Jagi.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Attached: juza.png (500x333, 240K)

>Rei > ... > Raoh
It's pretty obvious it isn't about power.

Attached: Kaio_unmasked.jpg (1140x768, 68K)

Girl.

He's just ranking his favorite characters. Jagi would not be that fucking high if it was a powerlevel rating.

Attached: Kenshiro.jpg (1603x1202, 349K)

Attached: KenshiroAngry.jpg (1920x1080, 120K)

Attached: KenshiroVsSouther.jpg (307x238, 35K)

Attached: KenshiroVsSouther2.jpg (480x360, 25K)

Attached: raoh.jpg (544x422, 51K)

Does this count?

youtu.be/jIvzuXPyMZg

Attached: turkish_kenshiro.jpg (480x352, 24K)

Attached: ReiYuda.jpg (315x239, 38K)

Shit taste. Here you go
Raoh > Kaioh > Hyoh >>>>>>>>>> Toki > Shu > Rei > Souther > Kenshiro > Juza > Shin > Jagi > Yuda > Falco > Ryuga

Attached: smug raoh.jpg (261x227, 33K)

Literally every character frame of this show is reaction worthy

Attached: behold my true form.png (1066x798, 871K)

Attached: moments from disaster.png (1186x801, 1.03M)

>jagi
>above raoh
Dude was a bitch and you know it.

>Ryuga that low
Fuck you, he was great. Tagged Kenshiro a few times even after he'd DISEMBOWLED HIMSELF.

That episode had some wild faces. I love those episodes where you could tell they dumped a bunch of money or had an entirely different studio animate it.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_067[XviD_MP3][994207DF].avi_snapshot_19.49_[2016.03.27_22.45.34].jpg (640x432, 34K)

notices your kenpo

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_145_[XviD_MP3][CE6FA895].avi_snapshot_10.44_[2018.09.19_00.23.16].gif (320x216, 2.9M)

Souther's were the fucking best. I love how unconcerned he looked when Ken was swearing revenge for Shu's death.

Attached: Souther_Smug.jpg (307x238, 32K)

>His favourite character isn't Raoh
Terrible list.

Also there is one guy on here who has a abnormally hug boner for Jagi and goes on about he is the best character when he is in fact completely shit.

Toriyama got his idea for the saiyans from some random background dudes you see for half a second.

Attached: [ass]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_034[663E4C8C].avi_snapshot_15.25_[2011.12.01_00.51.25].jpg (640x480, 49K)

Jagi was a decent villain with a solid backstory, but he's a shit-tier fighter.

I absolutely hated him and couldn't wait for ken to kick his ass. I guess that means he was a good villain. That arc got fuckin' brootal, rip dynamite kid.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_064[XviD_MP3][279801D4].avi_snapshot_11.54_[2015.12.23_22.35.27].jpg (640x432, 34K)

Vegeta, Napa and SSJ Goku WOW

HnK villains tend to be badasses themselves but Jagi is too much of a coward to be likeable even in that capacity. I though Shin was a good villain and his scene where he steals Yuria was so visceral and got me so invested that I was disappointed to see him go so soon. Then later as it goes for a number of villains in the series he basically is seen as a good guy in retrospect.

Attached: Hokuto no Ken Movie (v2) [1986] (Remastered x264 Dual AC3-End - ENG POR) [F15F8C2A].mkv_snapshot_00. (720x478, 203K)

>I absolutely hated him and couldn't wait for ken to kick his ass.
Yeah, it was pretty bullshit when they tried to make him a tragic villain. He built a giant torture camp for children, FFS.

>That arc got fuckin' brootal, rip dynamite kid.
That made me tear up more than even Shu's death. Poor fucking kid.

Attached: Souther.jpg (378x389, 30K)

Even the armor is similar.

Souther is pretty much the best fight in HnK in my opinion it even rivals Ken vs Raoh the main fight everyone was waiting for

Southers reversed pressure points provided even a challenge for Raoh himself so Kenshiro getting his ass kicked (one of the only people we see actually push Ken this far outside of Shin who he didn't really want to fight) fuck even the OVAs put money in this fight it's too damn good

youtube.com/watch?v=iiIDWMf1_ag

Shin was honestly one of the best villains FotNS ever had. His obsessive, but genuine love for Yuria was really unique and interesting, especially since every other villain except Raoh and Jagi was just "MUH TRAGIC PAST I HATE LOVE".

Attached: Shin.jpg (225x350, 40K)

>tragic villain
That worked for Raoh but not Souther.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_072v2[XviD_MP3][1FB97584].avi_snapshot_18.37_[2016.06.30_00.55.14].jpg (640x432, 31K)

>Souther is pretty much the best fight in HnK in my opinion it even rivals Ken vs Raoh the main fight everyone was waiting for
That was a God-tier fight scene, the best in the series. They were so evenly matched, and their power creates a fucking hailstorm.

Raoh was almost an anti-hero, honestly. Given the state of the world, it was understandable that he'd feel he had to use extreme measures to keep the peace.

What is this OVA? I am so damn confused over what there is to watch from this series. There are a bunch of movies that came out recently and then there's the chibi thing and that spinoff about ken in the 30s or some shit. All I've seen is the original show, the movie and Shin Hokuto no Ken.

Attached: mind = blown.jpg (640x432, 59K)

Which makes him a fucking moron.

hokuto.fandom.com/wiki/Shin_Kyūseishu_Densetsu_Hokuto_no_Ken

You can probably find them online. I've seen Kenshiro Den; it's pretty good.

He was intending to die, to atone for the crimes he had committed in trying to unlock Kenshiro's Musou Tensei. It wasn't about fighting, it was about ensuring his death.

He and Ken just have different views on how the successor should maintain a balance. Also I wish he had actually been the one to kill Ryuken, dude was a massive dickhead and had something against their limbs. Fucked up Toki's legs with a boulder and wanted to explode Raoh's hands.
I hated Raoh on my first viewing because he killed Rei but after the second viewing I understand him more. Haven't read the manga but I've been told that it's a bit of a redemption arc for Rei because he was a bad boy and did some raping and killing himself.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_106[XviD_MP3][73E7F55C].avi_snapshot_07.41_[2017.07.17_22.03.43].jpg (640x432, 23K)

He also taught Ken a valuable lesson about ambition that he carried with him for the whole show.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_064[XviD_MP3][279801D4].avi_snapshot_21.49_[2015.12.23_22.48.04].jpg (640x432, 31K)

Hokuto no Ken is probably the worst battle shounen ever.
>Shitty animation
>Shitty characters who are constantly getting replaced
>Moves don't make any sense
>Kenshiro is too op
>Pretty much every villain becomes a good guy after receiving a deadly blow. The show wants us to feel sorry for them but every one of them is actually a dick even with their shitty backstories.
>Too much melodrama
>Countless plot holes
Soundtrack and VA were incredibly good tho.

OK so these are the den series. Maybe I'll check them out, I avoided them because they're spinoffs and I never hear anybody talk about them.
How do we feel about Shin Hokuto no Ken? I thought it was mediocre to decent.

Attached: [ass]_Shin_Hokuto_no_Ken_OVA_2_-_The_Sealed_Fist[AC1FE933].avi_snapshot_42.22_[2019.01.06_09.15.59]. (640x480, 140K)

Season 2 really falls apart at the end but man was it pretty.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_150_[XviD_MP3][B4D89D81].avi_snapshot_14.24_[2018.10.30_03.40.42].jpg (640x432, 159K)

Ryuken was an asshole, yeah. Although I suppose a life of martial arts training doesn't equip somebody to be a great father. As for Rei, he mentions that he's fought, killed, and betrayed so that he could stay alive to save Airi. I don't think he did any raping.

>Obsession! You taught me....OBSESSION!
Fucking chills.

>How do we feel about Shin Hokuto no Ken? I thought it was mediocre to decent.
Same. Seiji's kind of a HnK villain-by-numbers (tragic past, martial arts style, doesn't understand love), but Sanga, Tobi, Sara, and Bista make for a good supporting cast. The part where Ken can't break a metal grate is pretty dumb, though.

The main problem with HnK2 was Kaioh. He's practically a DeviantART OC.
>Raoh ripoff
>"YOU KNOW HOW RAOH WAS THE RULER OF THE THE RULER OF THE NEW CENTURY? WELL, I'M THE CREATOR OF THE NEW CENTURY!"
>EEEVIIIILLL MAGIC POWERS
>BLAH BLAH EVIL BLAH BLAH BLAH EVIL EVIL BLAH BLAH EVIL
>black armor and red horse
>black and red magic powers
>actually fucking cuts himself

Attached: Kaioh.png (320x240, 114K)

I don't remember Rei raping anyone in the manga but Yuda and Yuria's bother Juza did rape however. Raoh even goes so far as to call Juza a man who lost his soul because of his escapism in sex. The women from Juza's harem were kidnapped and didn't want to have sex with him which was the opposite from the anime where they were portrayed smiling and playing with him instead of screaming in fear. The anime changed a lot to make idiots seem less immoral and antiheroes more villainous, whereas Raoh for example saves people quite often single-handedly (Ken from death, some pack of chicks from death and rape) and all of this was removed from the anime.
>Also I wish he had actually been the one to kill Ryuken
Ryuken was killed by Raoh though, what do you mean?

Attached: unmanly tears.jpg (603x401, 100K)

Fist of the Blue Sky is a prequel, it's different not bad but I dunno how to explain it, still worth the read/watch

Ten no Hao another prequel but is the rise of Raoh and his army it's really good an adds a love interest for Raoh that doesn't really show up in the anime but they did bring her into canon in the last of the OVA's she adds a bit more sympathy for Raoh

OVA's are just the important fights of the series

of course the anime adaptation and HnK 2 the sequel

Shin HnK is a spinoff the story is kinda weak but the animation and fights are good

I liked the subtle detail of Sara's clothes changing from white to dark to represent her loss of purity after he gives her the D.

Attached: [ass]_Shin_Hokuto_no_Ken_OVA_3_-_When_A_Man_Carries_Depression_With_Him[D0E74938].avi_snapshot_46.59 (640x472, 108K)

The whole island arc felt like that.
>remember all those things we established in the first season? Well they weren't true, it was actually THESE things over here
Kaioh was certainly more evil than Raoh but falling back on Raoh 2 just felt like hitting the panic button when they realized they couldn't top Raoh.

And then Juza calls Raoh a faggot.

I thought the idea was that Seiji was dressing her that way to humiliate her.

>falling back on Raoh 2 just felt like hitting the panic button when they realized they couldn't top Raoh.
That's a big problem with a lot of later HnK villains. Kaioh, Jugai, and Seiji are all basically the same character: a martial artist with a tragic past who grows up forsaking love, becomes a warlord, and finally remembers his humanity as he dies. Every new villain is just bootleg Raoh or Souther.

Jakoh from the Celestial Emperor arc was a pathetic wuss, but I at least liked that he was something different.

Only to get fisted by him and die like a faggot.

Hey, he did better against Raoh than most people.

Attached: HueyGetsRekt.jpg (310x233, 30K)

He wasn't bad at all, Kaioh had a lot of originality to him that was different from Raoh.
He had a straight out mental trauma from being constantly brainwashed and humiliated by his master to make him both less strong and more insecure. The reason was that he started out as 'too strong' as claimed by his master, he was the most responsible of the students and everyone's leader and role model. This was literally a threat in the eyes of that shiteater Jukei so he would continuously abuse him or disgrace him in front of others to break his spirit. In other words, an undeserved injustice. Raoh never experienced any discrimination from Ryuken, only got beaten a few times just like everyone else and was still the leader of the Hokuto until the fallout in opinions.
Also the entire world Kaioh ruled was extremely different from the environment overseas of the first half. Kaioh straight out created a madman warrior ruled society, you couldn't even get laid without earning the bitch through an official duel. His backstory gives a stronger emphasis on the immorality of the side characters, mostly teachers and old farts who tend to view the strong characters as a threat to their scheme and turn them into villains themselves, not even out of justifiable reasons but out of either jealousy or biased opinions. Rihaku and Ryuken were just as responsible for tragedy and devastation in the first saga but weren't given a decent critical depiction like Jukei in the Kaioh saga.
The entire atmosphere of the Shura world was extreme and unique and it was enjoyable to read. I didn't watch the anime maybe that's why I liked it.

Attached: Kaioh teenager.jpg (391x503, 95K)

But he behaved like he can pose a challenge. He was too cocky for his abilities.

He wasn't exactly like Raoh, but the similarities between Kaioh, Raoh, and Souther are pretty noticable. He turns away from his softer side because of childhood trauma, becomes a warlord, etc.

>He had a straight out mental trauma from being constantly brainwashed and humiliated by his master to make him both less strong and more insecure. The reason was that he started out as 'too strong' as claimed by his master, he was the most responsible of the students and everyone's leader and role model. This was literally a threat in the eyes of that shiteater Jukei so he would continuously abuse him or disgrace him in front of others to break his spirit. In other words, an undeserved injustice. Raoh never experienced any discrimination from Ryuken, only got beaten a few times just like everyone else and was still the leader of the Hokuto until the fallout in opinions.
That was pretty unique, I'll admit. Jukei was a real asswipe, and seeing how it shaped Kaioh was interesting. Although Jukei at least seemed to realize how badly he'd screwed the pooch, unlike Ryuken.

>I didn't watch the anime maybe that's why I liked it.
That could explain things. I never read the HnK2 manga.

Him being cocky was a part of his character, though. It set him apart from a lot of the other fighters. Besides, he could take on RAOH with a style he invented; he's got reason to be cocky.

>no Shura Arc rankings

Powerlevel-wise or just based on how much we like them?

>Ryuken was killed by Raoh though, what do you mean?
He just has a random heart attack in the anime. Although did Raoh finish him off while he was having it? I don't remember.

He did.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8U6HVq4Vs

He has a convenient heart attack just as he's about to finish off Raoh, and so Raoh kills him. Not one of the series' best-written moments.

Attached: RyukenRaoh.jpg (316x239, 26K)

Raoh is like Devastator in Transformers with his size shifting. His size seems to be directly related to how intimidating he is at the moment because there are scenes where he looks about 30 feet tall and others where he's the same size or even smaller when Ken has the upper hand.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_096[XviD_MP3][07138E64].avi_snapshot_12.13_[2012.02.01_02.48.23].jpg (640x432, 43K)

Zeed and Kaioh did the same thing. Scale was not HnK's strong point.

Attached: kaioh needs no scale.jpg (660x239, 50K)

Jakoh was pretty funny because it was Shigeru Chiba. He played so many extras and narrated throughout the series it was fun to see him get to play the main villain. I know he probably irritates people but some of the narration he did for the preview he absolute lost his shit.
motto hikari MOTTO HIKARI

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_119_[XviD_MP3][8D1CF104].avi_snapshot_07.55_[2017.11.11_05.01.54].jpg (640x432, 36K)

Kaioh lost any chance for sympathy when he killed Hyou's babe.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_139_[XviD_MP3][4713095E].avi_snapshot_08.49_[2018.07.17_17.26.34].jpg (640x432, 121K)

She was also his sister if I remember right. Fucking anime is like a soap opera.

Unforgivable.

Attached: 1516936119995.png (1064x653, 1.2M)

You mean characters? Hyo was cool but Ein was my favorite. A true American hero.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_117_[XviD_MP3][20D6292F].avi_snapshot_04.45_[2017.10.17_23.21.59].jpg (640x974, 262K)

His death was unironically the saddest one.
youtube.com/watch?v=E00l4rhPYoA

Ken

I also loved how when his troops abandon him, he's all:
>Alright, NOW IT'S MY TURN!
>...to run
Funniest joke in the whole series, IMO.

Attached: 1516914492307.jpg (640x432, 46K)

Everything about Ein is kino. I'd legit be down for an Ein Gaiden.

The manga art does it all the time too so that's obviously where it's coming from. I'd like to think it was an artistic decision by Hara to make villains seem more intimidating or monstrous and inhuman.

Jagi's great because he's an over the top asshole with easily one of the greatest designs ever. Ken's Rage 1 really did him the best with him and Amiba (another of my favorite villains) being bros who inadvertantly save the day.

>Kaioh near the top of anything

This better be power levels user, and even then you're wrong.

I felt they did a good job of showing how the traditional "student must kill the master" rite of passage could actually have a devastatingly scarring effect on someone. He also didn't go full "I'm the emperor, fuck the world," until at least ten years later and after the bombs dropped, so it just boiled over inside of him for all that time.

That's true. You forget how the apocalypse would have a devastating affect on already scarred people. Guys like Shin, Yuda, and Amiba were probably assholes already, but they might not've become killers if the bombs hadn't fallen.

Jagi would still have been a murderous asshole, though.

>Raoh's face
I kek'd.

>causes mass carnage every day before breakfast, evening and before bed, makes his people kick each others ass over anything on a daily basis
How exactly is this not based again?

Looks like an ugly dyke in the anime, also that filler with her protecting Lin was stupid fucking shit that made no sense. Lin crawls out of the underground on her own, runs into Kaioh's men who want to kick her ass for no reason? Fucking kill the director my god, as if they couldn't think of something better for a bullshit filler scene. In the manga Lin returns with Kaioh who probably fished her ass out of the water and never meets this slut or knows of her existence.
In the manga sister bitch is hot but we didn't really get to know her so who cares. Her death was swift and basically painless.

Attached: dat ass.jpg (714x1200, 245K)

Daily reminder he beat Raoh.

Attached: 1549995331475.jpg (800x565, 105K)

Never fucking forget.

Attached: 9e3.png (282x386, 79K)

Only last volume was worth my time, but that's ok

Attached: 0006-096.jpg (800x1170, 294K)

Yuria was the true villain of the series.

Attached: 0006-108.jpg (800x1164, 255K)

What the fuck is that? That's not Tetsuo Hara nor HnK. Some Gaiden shit?

How so?

Good men died for that bitch. I hate her.

Toki gaiden

Died for their own circumstances though, Shin, Raoh and everyone obsessing over her is not her fault when she clearly choose Ken.

Kaioh and HnK2 were a mistake

Attached: 1546728749963.jpg (640x476, 168K)

Fuck her anyway.

>remember all those things we established in the first season? Well they weren't true
the retcons were way too retarded for me, some looked like they outright forgot what they established, see this Toki.

Attached: 1556313950168.jpg (640x476, 162K)

JAGI DID NOTHING WRONG

Fudou is based and technically Raoh never got his win back. He still remained fearful of him in the end.

>Good men died for that bitch. I hate her.
You might find it hard to believe me but I said the exact same thing when I watched the anime. And then I read the manga, it really makes you understand a couple of things better.
You're actually right if observed from the anime perspective, but the assholes who used her as bait into making men die over her were Rihaku and his gang. It was this fucking prick who brought her into the Hokuto training ground in the first place for stupid reasons like "fuck she is emotionless and dumb". The asshole knew a hot girl like her would cause rivalry with the brothers and even commented on her beautify as a toddler there with Ryuken. The rivalry started exactly in the moment he dumped her there, it was even emphasized in a big scene.
In the manga she was very supple with both Shin and Raoh. She even tried to kill herself with Shin exactly because she felt guilty for being the center of political excuses but failed because Rihaku's Nanto crew stopped her.
With Raoh she again tried to stop him from fighting because she cared for his life and had no fucking idea how to effectively influence him to stop him from further fights. Her dumb sickness only made him depressed and even that she was trying to hide until he figured it out.

She was a tool for making these men fight each other, she was even aware of this and that's why she wanted to die so badly. You really can't hate her that much.

Wakamoto got it bad. Not even a contest, just instantly fucking rekt by Raoh.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_087[XviD_MP3][10A52A25].avi_snapshot_20.17_[2016.10.13_21.25.26].jpg (640x432, 27K)

And slightly homoerotic but we'll be here all day if we point out the gay undertones in HnK.

Attached: manly as fuck.jpg (640x432, 60K)

Attached: 1550866782345.jpg (640x476, 184K)

I've read the manga too, it didn't make me hate her any bit less. You're right though, most of my hate towards her is undeserved, I know that.

>Souther
>Ryuga
Kind of annoys me.

They make 0 sense, but here we are.

Souther was a good boy deep down though. He also gave me strong feels because I lost my dad around that time too.

>Southern is here
>but not Jagi, who is less worse than Southern
>but its okay, he has sob story

>fuck her
Raoh already did kek. So you see she was good for something.

>Ripoff Raoh whose only personality is "kill for the lulz becuz of my edge"
>based

Attached: Absolutely Disgusting.jpg (400x300, 65K)

Jagi was a piece of shit and a failed student though, why would Ken even remember him? Not like Souther deserves it either.

This shit is unforgivable.
youtu.be/Ovn7vonf-dc

Fudou was an amazing guy. He's the best giant dude in the series and a great redemption story.

I like how Ryuken's reasoning for adopting him in one of the Gaidens is something like "well yeah I knew he was going to be evil I wanted to have an evil guy for the others to beat up".

Jagi, the Wimp Lo of FotNS. Ryuken's a prick.

its just make me laught how Buronson try to whitewash character so hard, it's contrarian everything before

It only makes sense in a "Ken's the Messiah and Ken forgives" kind of way. They saw the errors of their ways before death, accepted Ken into their hearts and were saved. Except Jagi.

Ryuken and Rihaku were low key assholes.

I like his voice actor. Same dude who used to play Eggman until he passed away recently. Also the father of Snake's voice actor.

Attached: it aint wheeze gonna wheeze suck itself.png (1417x1570, 3.37M)

and its make it funny
the entire HnK is down to
>gud boi who is misunderstood who dindu nuffin, and for greater gud
and then there are this fucker

Ok Yea Forums, tell me if this is true. Had Toki not taken the dose of rads he had. Could he have taken on both his older brothers Raoh AND Kaioh and won?

Jagi Gaiden was way too good for such a shitty character.

One at a time, sure.

Otherwise, no.

He did it for "make Shura great again" and succeeded. Based.

who?
you mean Jagi, or Ryuken?

yes.
Toki had bullshit magic powers before Buronson and Hara worked on HnK 2

Yeah, he beat him in a jobbing contest. What an achievement.

i mean Jagi.
his Spinoff manga (Flowers of Carnage) is pretty good.

Asura wasn't good at all. Even its supposed super badasses were just the punk jobbers from the mainland, except for the guy who inspired Vega. All Kaioh did was use Deviantart OC literal magic.

still surprise that Jagi isnt bullshit into always falling in love to JULIAAAAAA

Attached: Disappointed Steven Segal.jpg (640x432, 28K)

>except for the guy who inspired Vega
Who do you mean? Han, or Hyoh?

In Flowers of Carnage he has a girlfriend of his own, he was too busy with her to love Yuria.

i mean in canon

>dat filename
Segal WISHES he looked as good as Hyoh.

Attached: steven-seagal-4.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Well, Jagi's pretty ugly, so I guess he knew he never had a chance with Yuria.

What ability would Jagi offer Ken? Being a bitch?

The nameless guy who mortally wounded Falco.

Yes, Toki was the strongest, though he and Ken probably never would have fought.

i dont like Jagi, but i like how the story treated on Jagi: shit on every chance it get, why someone who worse got off scot free

Toki was the best in centuries. He could beat Raoh if it wasn't for wasteland cancer.

Souther was the inspiration for Geese Howard.

Oh, that dude. The only reason that shitter even got anywhere is because Falco was wounded already.

The REAL best Shura is Han. He drinks poison and lives, fights for the shit of it, and takes on Kenshiro for two whole fucking episodes. Fuck Kaioh, Han should've been the final boss.

Attached: Han_HnK.jpg (1140x768, 53K)

He had to have been based off him though. Raoh is Schwarzenegger, Falco was Dolph, Ken was Gibson, Lee and Stallone. I'm sure there's more.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_125_[XviD_MP3][8DAB9A9B].avi_snapshot_03.31_[2018.02.15_18.35.47].jpg (640x432, 24K)

Because they both had long hair? They don't look that much alike otherwise. Segal has a black ponytail, while Hyoh has long, shaggy brown hair.

So, what project Buruson and Hana currently doing right now?

Quit projecting.
>we'll be here all day
Actually you need to leave right now, fujoshit.

There was a dude with claws really early in season one that was quite similar to Vega. You've also got Falco with the flattop and the hand lasers. There's some obvious influence on Skreet Fighter.

Lawful goog should be Toki

>Han
Wasn't he a pimp too? I didn't like his dandy ass, he was too much of a cheap trope.
Badass little prick, of course he wasn't as strong as one would want but that's because he was a teenager. His fight with Kenshiro fucking sucked though, made him look like some circus performer all of a sudden.

Actually he kind of teeters between Seagal and Gene Simmons.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_152_[XviD_MP3][DCE1A61D].avi_snapshot_10.57_[2018.11.23_06.38.09].jpg (640x432, 139K)

Attached: heterosexual entertainment for heterosexual men.jpg (640x432, 46K)

could someone answer this?

No, Han just had a few slave girls. The dude with the poisoned cape might've been a pimp, though.

>I didn't like his dandy ass
Calling Han a dandy is like saying that up is down and down is up. He was manly as shit.

His face changes all the time. When he kills all his former generals, he looks like Rei.

Attached: Hyoh.jpg (1207x732, 93K)

ORE TO NO AI WO MAMORU TAME
OMAE WO TABIDACHI
ASHIIIIIITA WO MIIIUUUUSHINAATAAAAAA

Attached: kanna eyes lens flare.jpg (821x960, 56K)

If you say so. I was joking on the pimp part user, both the women and male servants conspired together to kill him but were too chicken. Not the most popular fella for some reason and a little bit too OP for me to buy it, seemed like a convenient ass-pull of badassery to me.

fujos should die but I will agree Ken tended to get a bit gay with other moralfag characters

The faces were one of my biggest problems with season 2. The art style gets really good at the end of Season 1 and their face just continue to get sharper and sharper with that sort of charcoal-ish shading you usually see in 70s anime until it just starts to look messy and inconsistent towards the end.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_148_[XviD_MP3][DDE1C74F].avi_snapshot_20.18_[2018.10.08_04.08.33].jpg (640x432, 155K)

Ai wo torimodose is fucking legendary but I actually like Tough Boy a little better.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_Tough_Boy_by_TOMCAT_(Opening).avi_snapshot_01.25_[2012.06.22_06.48.41].jpg (640x432, 85K)

That's what made him so awesome. He'd been nearly assassinated so many times he'd lost count, and didn't even give a shit. Han loved battle so much that he welcomed assassination attempts and fought Kenshiro for no fucking reason. It was great.

Attached: han_hnk2.jpg (384x300, 13K)

Attached: 19.jpg (602x1020, 165K)

Yeah, Kaioh started looking really lumpy toward the end of the show.

The 21st Century cover of Tough Boy was pretty pimp, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=rgaQTMf4xm8

Wasn't he immune to poison of some shit?

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_127_[XviD_MP3][F7280F7C].avi_snapshot_09.59_[2012.05.23_05.14.15].jpg (640x432, 54K)

HNK SEQUEL WHEN?

Kenshiro could do the same thing. His Hokuto hax allowed him to resist poison when that God's Army dude cut him with a poisoned knife.

Juza was always in love with Raoh.

Attached: teasing slut.jpg (900x538, 184K)

I haven't played them but those beat em ups look pretty sick.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_059[XviD_MP3][906C364E].avi_snapshot_18.04_[2015.09.18_00.50.54].jpg (640x432, 33K)

Attached: 1550443690351.jpg (247x306, 21K)

Attached: 1555541119511.jpg (580x742, 223K)

Not gonna lie I marked when this showed up as one of Ken's moves in Lost Paradise.

Attached: trashshouldbeburned.jpg (584x551, 189K)

Also far and away Ken's best one liner.

Anybody broken into an Italian theater warehouse and found that uncensored movie yet?

Attached: Hokuto no Ken Movie (v2) [1986] (Remastered x264 Dual AC3-End - ENG POR) [F15F8C2A].mkv_snapshot_01. (720x478, 184K)

Raoh always seemed like the most conflicted villain in anime. On one hand he didn't know what course of action was right, but also couldn't stand the idea of doing nothing.

Attached: Young_Raoh.gif (500x375, 2.61M)

Exactly. He could be a vicious bastard, but Raoh was at heart a genuinely well-meaning man who wanted to bring peace to the world.

I have to wonder if the sorrow that allowed him to reach the Musou Tensei might not have been partially due to guilt over his more evil actions.

Attached: Raoh2.jpg (225x225, 11K)

so, in short
a retard

0/10

Is Rei the most based bro that ever was?

Yes, Rei is based

Rei is honestly my favorite anime supporting character.
>hotshot personality perfectly complements Ken's stoic demeanor
>kickass fighting style
>prettyboy without being too over-the-top effete
>great design
>actually gets to defeat a major villain
What's not to like?

Attached: Rei.gif (500x332, 2.39M)

bump

Attached: 1516_49.mp4_snapshot_09.38_[2017.01.19_09.32.50].jpg (640x480, 48K)

Everything HnK related after Raoh's demise is pretty underwhelming or outright trash, but I've learned to accept it because NO BOY NO CRY.

And yes, I have read SnK. It's okay, not great.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if that were true. He's been creatively bankrupt for years.

Rei is such a badass that he could carry the show by himself.

I love HnK threads. There's almost no shitposting and everybody who replies loves the series. I wish every thread could be this chill.

Attached: 1553332901198.gif (409x307, 875K)

>Raoh is Schwarzenegger
Wrong.

Attached: 974449760e1588bef308756e1384d769.jpg (1000x670, 99K)

Han's battle with Kenshiro was hands down the best in the season.

Was Han based on Freddie?

Attached: 66077.jpg (225x350, 29K)

Goddamn I love Rutger. Probably some inspiration there too but Raoh's face is totally Schwarzenegger.

Attached: [HoM]_Hokuto_no_Ken_-_106[XviD_MP3][73E7F55C].avi_snapshot_11.43_[2017.07.18_03.36.54].jpg (640x432, 27K)

Attached: HoM_Hokuto_no_Ken_2_-_138_XviD_MP3E23B5ACB.avi_snapshot_03.33_2019.04.16_19.28.25.jpg (1202x676, 76K)

youtube.com/watch?v=obL1pcYR9gU

I remember liking the pirate dude. The rest of HnK2 felt pretty lame though.
At least we got Ken with a beard and Ken with goggles out of it.

Toriyama is simply not trying and rake in billions

With a stache like that probably.

I haven't seen the numbers but isn't HnK supposed to be one of the highest grossing series despite having a fraction of the content compared to other leading series?

I'm sorry.

Attached: Fist of the North Star [Bg-En Audio]-ZElKA-0014.jpg (704x384, 60K)

Still better than Dragon Ball Evolution

Honestly this movie wasn't too bad. It was charmingly stupid.

The idea behind Kaioh was pretty neat, but the execution was pretty bad. I liked the design of his armor though, although i wish it was more colorful, like something in in this picture.

Attached: ken kaioh.jpg (640x640, 124K)

>The idea behind Kaioh was pretty neat
Really? To me it seemed like it mistook a "pure hackery" checklist for quality guidelines. Pure laziness.

>Ryuken's a prick.
Ryuken's is a prick, but at least he's not Juukei.
Literally everything that went bad in Evilkungfuland was a result of him being a giant retard and asshole and abusing his brain magic while being completely clueless about human relationships.

He didn't just train people wrong, he pretty much created Kaioh and fucked up Hyoh's life and then made things even worse when he tried to unfuck it.
Hell, he's even at fault for Raoh growing up an asshole.

What a fucking disaster

It really should have ended after Raoh's death

Better than Korean version.
youtube.com/watch?v=EWu7i-vjrEY

Attached: FOTNS.jpg (720x480, 30K)

Should have ended with Shin's death.

Nah, though I've always found it weird how early Shin gets shitcanned. Especially when I read the manga (the anime inflated him a little bit). The stuff up through Raoh isn't perfect by any stretch but it's consistently fun and interesting. The Ashura stuff is just redundant and contrived, complete with classic "long-lost brothers" plot points.

Attached: hokuto-no-ken-ichigo-aji-manga-volume-7-simple-282909.jpg (844x1200, 374K)

I keep forgetting Lin had a twin sister.
pic

Attached: two on one.jpg (632x1058, 134K)

I just meant that the idea that Kaioh was turned into a villain by his master abusing him was cool. Him being a mustache twirling evil villain, who gave long monologues about how evil he is was lame.

>Lin had a twin sister.
Oh fuck I'd forgotten all about that. I wish I still had.

>Remember this little girl you just met? SHE'S ACTUALLY THE LONG-LOST CELESTIAL EMPRESS' SISTER!
HnK2 had some really horrible asspulls.

Compare this to the DBZ threads.
>GOKEK KEKGETA KEKHAN KEKLY KEKREN KEKDROID #17 KEKDROID #18
It's like a different website entirely.

That wasn't even the worst one
>I grew up in this village. I was born and raised here along with my true brother
>lol jk turns out I'm actually from an island across the last ocean and I have another brother I totally forgot to tell you about

What gets me about that was how unnecessary it was. There was absolutely no reason to have Raoh and Toki turn out to be from Shura, the story would've worked just as well if it had only been Kenshiro.

Just have both Kaioh and Hyoh turn out to be Ken's biological brothers, rather than having Kaioh be Raoh's brother. Ken got sent abroad to learn Hokuto Shinken, while Kaioh and Hyoh stayed to learn Hokuto Ryuken. It'd work just as well.

Attached: KaiohHyoh.jpg (599x427, 32K)

bump

If you could change one thing about Fist of the North Star, what would it be?

Attached: KenshiroAnime.png (612x745, 363K)

Imagine Kenshiro fighting a mummy or zombie
>"You are already dead"
>"I know, yes."

He actually fought zombies.
rq87.flyingomelette.com/HNK/1/15/a.html

I always wondered about the economy. How does a barren wasteland feed so many burly dudes?

make the second season's two plotlines feel a bit more connected.

HnK works best if you think of it as a story told by some old man over a campfire.
>"Then Raoh, the mighty Ken-Oh, stepped onto the battlefield, followed by a hundred-thousand men on motorbikes!"
It's not really worth it to think too deeply about the setting, and it ruins the epic tone of the story.

As in, there's more of a connection between Falco an the Gento fighters and the Land of Shura?

Yeah. Lin getting kidnapped doesn't really link the stories all that well.

Toki aka Apocalypse Jesus > Raoh > Ken > Shin > Juuza the motherfucking cloud > Souther > Rei > Fuudo > Ryuga > Jagi

Attached: juuza.jpg (312x237, 32K)

It's even weirder in the anime. The dude who kidnaps her is a Gento fighter called Taiga, rather than being one of Jakoh's sons.

Why would he give a fuck about avenging Jakoh, to the point that he'd travel to the Land of Shura and get himself killed? At least with Jakoh's son it made sense, because it's avenging his father.

Attached: Taiga_Hnk_ded.jpg (319x239, 33K)

Kenshiro - Guts
Shin - Griffith
Rei - Serpico
Mamiya - Fernese
Bart - Isidro
Lyn - Schierke

Attached: 3.png (1080x1920, 3.1M)

The bit about Raoh's son in the manga was cool even if felt retarded.

One of my favorite drawings of all time

The best way to fix the second half of the series would be to have him in it from the start and have the story focus on training him.

It would've been an improvement. I'm still mad about a lot of the retcons in it.
At least this was kino.
youtube.com/watch?v=1-z2BXPhh18

Agreed. Despite Kaioh and Hyoh being pretty lame, their death scenes were really good.

The scene where Hyoh reunites with Ken was pretty good, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=MWvqpSn0G3I

He wasn't really conflicted if you ask me. He surely considered his route of conquest to be the right one, it's just that on such a path you encounter many challenges of a moral nature that will demand a course of action that might be the most humane but appears inhumane on the spot, something that will fuck with your head. Either that or it'll remind you of something from your past.
So the only conflicting thing I remember is when he insisted a man is never fully a warrior if he is incapable of killing someone he either loves or feels a strong sympathy for. So he told that dude Baran to kill some beggar girl that the guy wanted to pick up or to fuck off from his army, interestingly this was a reoccurring theme in HnK even with other characters.
And in the end the irony was that he himself couldn't pull the plug on either Yuria or Toki for that matter.
That whole "conflicted" narrative was something that Kenshiro kept shilling in the manga to others as his interpretation. And the best part is it wasn't even his own opinion but something that Julia said in a moment of grief and he kept repeating it since he doesn't have a brain of his own to form an individual opinion. A restricted romantic female perspective so to speak. Raoh's motives were a little bit more complex than anything a chick could grasp.

Attached: unworthy souvenir.jpg (584x737, 220K)

>And in the end the irony was that he himself couldn't pull the plug on either Yuria or Toki for that matter.
That's the main conflict with Raoh, though. He thinks he has to be this terrible tyrant, but his conscience and concern for his loved ones keeps nagging at him.

>not Rei

Attached: index.jpg (258x195, 6K)

>introduce character
>he dies 3 episodes later

Attached: 1513663828658.jpg (353x356, 36K)

Well sure but it has little to do with his conquest dream and fighting God, at least originally.

They were all crazy sad. Shin's death, Rei's death, Shu's death, Fudou's death, Ein's death...HnK was amazingly good at tugging at your heartstrings.

When Raoh first shows up, he seems like a pretty one-dimensional tyrant, so I'm guessing Buronson decided he'd made him too one-dimensional and added a more human side to Raoh. He wrote mostly by the seat of his pants, which makes it all the more impressive that HnK turned out as well as it did.

Agreed. I read somewhere he did so because people in Nippon didn't find the western storytelling concept of one dude tanking random thugs too appealing. So instead he introduced a traditional eastern plot of rivalry between brothers in a clan or dojo. Then he introduced Toki and Raoh and worked on this backstory, it apparently caused both the popularity and the quality of HnK to explode. Thank God because without it it would just be another Mad Max meets Rambo.

>So instead he introduced a traditional eastern plot of rivalry between brothers in a clan or dojo. Then he introduced Toki and Raoh and worked on this backstory, it apparently caused both the popularity and the quality of HnK to explode.
Smart man. The main appeal of HnK for me is the ambitious plotlines and complicated characters. If only more shows aimed so high.

Best girl of this show.

Attached: 31.png (640x606, 191K)

I dunno I kind of liked it. If you take the underlying theme of FotNS as fighting against (but eventually giving in to) destiny during that fight Raoh went from fighting against the law that he needs to be out cast to thinking that it is his destiny to rule to world/take on Hokuto Shinken, and it took against his fight against Ken for him to realise he was wrong.

He was able to fight on even footing with Ken and Roah for a little while despite having nucelar cancer, if he was healthy he would have rekt their shit. I don't think he would be able to Ken with Muso Tensei but only because nothing can, if he had his own Muso Tensei then yeah he would win.

True, and it does give Ryuken a chance to show his skill. It's just a little too convenient, I guess. If it had been shown that he had been sick beforehand, I'd have liked it better.

That would have been nice but shit going wrong for everyone kind of fits in with the FotNS world as well. Also Ryuuken was old as fuck when he fought Raoh and everyone has to die eventually, it;s not completely unreasonable that he might have had that heart attack then anyway. He just happened to be fighting Raoh instead of sitting and drinking tea.

I think if that fight went any other way Rqaoh's resolve wouldn't be as strong as it was. You must feel confident in yourself if you think God has chosen you to rule the world after all.

>I think if that fight went any other way Rqaoh's resolve wouldn't be as strong as it was. You must feel confident in yourself if you think God has chosen you to rule the world after all.
Ooh, I hadn't considered that. I guess Raoh's messiah complex does make more sense if he keeps getting lucky like that over and over.

Man, HnK was pretty deep in hindsight.

Jagi > Kenshiro > Raoh >Toki > Souther > Shin > Rei >Shu > Ryuuga > Yuda
For me at least.

Attached: everyone.jpg (640x476, 41K)

>kill everyone you don't like
I that where Toriyama got that line from for Vegeta?

Raoh > Rei > Souther = Kenshiro > Toki = Jagi > Ryuuga = Shu >>>>> Yuda

Though I like them all, except Yuda.

I always felt like Ryuuga was wasted potential. He could've been a real game-changer since he wasn't Hokuto or Nanto but no, he got killed off a few episodes in just to test which was better for the world - Kenshiro or Raoh.

This isn't the show for your forced moeshit meme.

Agreed, it would've been interesting to see more of Ryuuga. Maybe instead of having Yuria convince Ken-Oh's nameless goons to side with her, she convinces Ryuuga instead?

If Ryuuga survived and joined Yuria, there could be some interesting tension between him and Kenshiro, since he killed Toki. For that matter, there could be some interesting tension between Raoh and Ryuuga over Toki's death.

Attached: Ryuuga.(Hokuto.No.Ken).600.1696562.jpg (450x600, 83K)

Rei's death arc is the most kino thing in the entirety of battle shonen.

>female fighter
>kill less men than Airi
But Airi is mah HnK waifu so it's a fair trade I think.

It's also a great "SCREW DESTINY" moment. Mamiya's seen the Death Omen Star, foretelling her death at Yuda's hands, and Rei is such a badass that he kills Yuda and saves her, and she can't see the Death Omen Star anymore. I don't know if I've ever seen as big a middle finger to all that prophecy crap as that.

Tends to be a thing with older works in general on this site. Pre-2000s Anime threads are usually alright, threads on Yea Forums that talk about older comics tend to be good and so on. The older stuff loses the recency bias so less shitposting and unlike Dragon Ball HnK also has less popularity among low IQ shitholers. You're only going into an HnK thread if you like HnK really.

Souther is basically John Bender for Jap girls. A total prick but he's (in their eyes) hot and has a totally tragic excuse for being a total prick so they can totally save him.

Exactly, shitposters only go after recent works with large, active fanbases. It gives them more targets.

>Souther = John Bender
Explain this bullshit please. Like the majority of manga edgelords are John Bender, but Souther? Just get your brain checked dude.

Why didnt Harada disowned HnK after Raoh's death?

He was the first western character I could think of who fits the prototypical "I can save him" mindset among female fans. That seems to be what a lot of Souther's fans are in Japan.

i fucking hate souther

But he had a sad childhood.

That totally justifies the thousands of children he worked to death in order to build a pyramid to stroke his ego.

i would have sex with the children and then work them to death

Don't worry, Kenshiro will forgive you when he learns you stubbed your toe as a child.

What if you work the children to death then have sex with them?

Whatever buddy, I'm a chick and I say you have no idea what you're talking about. What you describe is simply an edgelord archetype of a punk with an attitude who has temperament issues. Yes chicks like that and like I said a lot of characters fit this archetype, but not Souther. He has as much attitude as other villains in HnK but when he has to be rounded up as character by giving him a backstory and sense to his person, the entire story falls flat on it's face. He's just a one-dimensional villain with a boner for his master and some unrealistic obsession with making kids slaves. That's the worst type of demonizing writing for convenience purposes to the point that a character is completely unbuyable as a whole, unlike Raoh and many other villains in HnK. They have a great deal of believability in their character, their obsessions and ambitions are completely realistic and thus form a believable and sympathetic character. But trying to justify a character by making up some cretenic plot of loosing one's mind just because he accidentally killed an old fart is utter garbage and I'm pretty sure no Japanese females give a blasted fuck about Souther, just as I don't.
The trope of an overpowered character killing his teacher on accident is very common, you even have it in Bleach with Kenpachi and that old skank. But it's not something that realistically determines the course of a persons life or causes such mental anguish that the dude goes completely nuts. He would have been attractive to chicks if they didn't give him a stupid backstory but that shit ruined any potential he had. It's called trash writing you dicklet, stop trying to sell a character as interesting or attractive to the opposite sex when he obviously isn't you faggot. He's only attractive to fujoshits and homosexuals like you.

He'll forgive you, but only if you stubbed BOTH toes.

Not that user, but nobody is gonna read all that, you know.

this, i ain't reading that wall of shit, you might as well just print off the madara uchiha or navy seals copypasta

Then I'll make it short: Souther sucks, only fags like him.

Whatever, go masturbate to your husbando Souther or something. Shit taste is unforgivable.

He works as an powerful asshole villain, but that's about it. He's not nearly as sympathetic as he's supposed to be.

Dumbass, I just said that. You or the other user claimed he's sympathetic and is attractive to chicks. I just explained exactly what you posted here - he's just an asshole OP villain, nothing deep or sympathetic about him. He suffered shit writing as is expected of characters that weren't given a deeper meaning to a storyline.

I know, I was agreeing with you. People only liked him because he had good fight scenes.

You're not wrong.

>someone saved that picture I screencapped years ago
Nice

Attached: x2.jpg (839x1400, 299K)

Sheer Wuxia manliness.

I've felt that feeling before.

bump for the greatest manime ever made.

An alternative

Attached: livebeyondtodayh_4945.jpg (282x409, 41K)

i haven't read HnK in years and forgot ryuuga existed

Juza canonicaly is the best. He trolled Raoh into oblivion and rode Kokugo while Raoh was still alive

lol Jagi>Raoh? K