What's her appeal?

>Shit design
>Wish fulfillment personality
>Annoying voice

Attached: Rem_Anime.png (1280x720, 706K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Re-Starting-Another-World-light/dp/0316412902/
docs.google.com/document/d/1iCIAkimv9IqGFxTJ-GN9ShoZa3YdOkqiu4nyX1WVcHQ/mobilebasic#heading=h.24wupho1nohw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I love Rem.

Attached: 1544596363942.jpg (1000x1412, 359K)

There’s easier ways to say that you’re gay, OP

To bait waifu fags. Emilia is a diamond and she still hasn't got enough development, these fags fear her

Good design
Angelic voice
Wish fulfillment

>Bowl cut
>Good design
LMAOO

Nice fanart, but the off-model long hair isn’t really helping your case against OP’s claim of her having a shit design.

Yeah, like saying "I love Rem".

>off model hair
Based tertiary

cursed trips. stop shitposting on 4channel and go back to writing the au, tappei

based trips

Is this a Rem thread?

Attached: 108DA2C9-BC52-4163-B56A-05930CEA2587.jpg (636x900, 562K)

No retard

I love Remilia

Me too

Attached: D0A9674F-46DD-4EBF-9B0A-30F90ADBF12F.jpg (600x848, 95K)

Would you rather fuck Rem in Emilia's body or Emilia in Rem's body?

Attached: 1547339754599.png (700x567, 679K)

not a bowl cut

Google what a bowl cut is

Sphere-cut?
Whatever it is, it’s the worst aspect of her otherwise generic design.

>Shit design
Opinion
Compared to emilia, Rem has the much better one. Emilia is a perfect waifubait that is literally described as the “most heroic and noble girl in 400 years”.
>Annoying voice
Opinion

Rem in Emilia’s body, not even a question. Emilia’s body has never been the problem, it’s her boring personality.

Attached: BBE679F2-AE19-4DE8-87AE-23AC02591043.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

How can Rem compete ?

Attached: crusch.jpg (2692x3656, 649K)

By not being a bed ridden Aids victim

No shit it's an opinion, this isn't hard science.
Opinions can still be shit, just like yours for instance

>anal idol
>angelic voice
pick one

I know full well what a bowl cut is, but if you insist:

'A bowl cut, or bowl haircut, is a simple, plain, and short haircut where the hair is cut with a straight fringe on the front and the rest of the hair is the same length all the way around or is cut short on the sides and back.'

Rem's fringe is:

1. Not of uniform length, and thus not 'a straight fringe on the front'. The front-and-centre is uniform, shortening out to the edges of the fringe

2. Shorter than the sides, and thus not 'the same length all the way around' nor 'cut short on the sides and back'

moron

Was it before episode 18, though?

Does this bowl cut look like it's fucking same size all around? Kys

Attached: file.png (600x817, 630K)

Nice semantics.

Go to Google Images .

Type in "Women's Bowl Cut"

Then tell me that doesn't look exactly like Rems hair

moron

Is this some meme like native isekai and dishonest animation?

Attached: 1536631638601.jpg (640x775, 106K)

Female characters are not allowed to like the protagonist anymore. But it’s totally fine when Emilia does it

>>Annoying voice
Hey don't insult Minorin

Yes, the main heroine can. We all know he will end up with her, the rest liking the MC is just wish fulling waifu baiting.

>it's only waifu baiting when it's the girl I don't like

>he still thinks Subaru will get with Emilia
Should we tell him?

No it's meant to please autists, who want a "nice and obedient" gir. That like them for no apparent reason and have no personality other than loving the MC

Rem is a good character, perhaps in another series she doesn't gets the side character role
Tell me what? That he will end up with Emilia and have Ram as his sex friend, BTFO'ing her again?

Crusch > Emilia but idc about Re:Zero anyway

Anyone is better than Emilia unfortunately. It’s a shame Tappei wasted her character

>like them for no apparent reason and have no personality other than loving the MC
Who are you talking about? Because it certainly isn't Rem.

Native Isekai is not just a meme. The term actually has a meaningful use in describing anime which contains all of the common tropes of isekai except the teleporting to a different world part.

You can not tell me a show like Danmachi doesn’t have more in common with traditional isekai than traditional fantasy. “Native Isekai” is a completely appropriate term to describe it.

What kind of personality does Rem have besides unconditionally loving Subaru?

>Who are you talking about? Because it certainly isn't Rem.

Attached: file.png (818x733, 326K)

Crusch doesn't care about the MC.

Read the fucking wn you retarded emiliafags

WN =/= LN
kys

>reading the LN
Oh no no no

I love Crusch

Attached: 200DAEB4-395C-4407-8E4E-8A8C00DA4FA0.jpg (523x592, 60K)

Judging by the position of the crown, most of the hair there is probably of a very similar length - certainly much less than the picture indicates. The angle on the back of the head is far steeper than the front, allowing it to lie lower down and giving the illusion of different length. It's like holding a piece of rope and letting it hang, versus straddling it over a beach ball

>rem has a bowl cut
>no she doesn't
>google the meaning of bowl cut
>ok here is why according to this meaning, she does not have a bowl cut
>NICE SEMANTICS BRO

none of these look exactly like rem's hair at all. the first 30 or so fit the description I posted, not at all like the character's

Fuck off, Inori Minase's voice is cute.

Forgot to add to : besides, any variation in length is very continuous - there are never any discrete jumps or breaks in the hairline or in its length

The thing is, actual characters that are just pure, pandering fantasies - they don't actually end up very popular at all. Here's the secret to all fiction - what humans want most are characters with substance. Specifically, flawed characters who undergo arcs to become stronger. Maybe not too complex, but generally we don't find one dimensional waifubait interesting. Rem isn't that. Her entire appeal is in how she has an actual arc, which lends weight to her character.

Rem starts the story violent, self-hating, and paranoid. Don't deny it, waifufags, this is the point. She's kind of a bitch. But she's also deeply tied to the events of the story and through that, she gets punished - sometimes pretty hard - for her flaws and learns to be a better person, even falling in love.

In truth, the most compelling characters - even blue-haired waifubait - aren't usually "good people". They don't have kind natures or want love and peace for everyone. That's how you end up with boring mary sues like Emilia. No, truly powerful characters - They're bad people, characters with the capacity to hurt others - but who choose not to. They overcome their evil nature through great effort, as Rem does. And that tension, that unpredictability, is what makes them interesting.

That said, Rem has kind of served her purpose. Her arc is at an end, and her character is static. Honestly, her best role in the story now is just to get killed off and motivate the other characters.

I was going to make a proper response about how Rem has something of a guilt driven inferiority complex, her occasional displays of impulsiveness, her ruthless protectiveness of her loved ones and empathetic nature but then I remembered I was probably talking to someone who likes Emilia so I might as well be talking to a brick wall.

Attached: 1546012842888.jpg (892x1415, 190K)

You're arguing semantics though
If thats not a bowl cut then what would you call it? a mushroom cut ?

>Y-you should read wn trash instead of professionally published work
You need to get some glasses and probably kys when you realise you're a brainlet.

Attached: fag.jpg (700x700, 139K)

Wrong on all points. How the fuck do you get three chances to guess why a character is bad and you blow them all like this

This is by definition a bowl cut and looks almost identical to what Rem. But you know, Rem is an anime character, not a real person so her hair would be portrayed differently

Attached: bowlcut-hairstyle.jpg (650x400, 29K)

semantics is pretty important, we can't really talk about anything until we establish what words mean. honestly I don't know what to call her hairstyle. imo it's alright but only memorable for being blue

cope

Post girls who did a better job of pulling off Rem/Ram’s haircut.

Attached: 7A935B29-265D-4995-B562-2642A9E4B955.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

That is? Everyone would love a devoted and loving wife.

>Likes Subaru for who he is and appreciates that he tried

That’s it that’s the whole thing

>if she doesn't act like a cunt 24/7 then its wish fulfilment

Attached: PsychoPass.png (500x281, 274K)

Her personality is pretty much the same in both the WN and LN. It's Subaru who is a little different.
>Her arc is at an end, and her character is static.
Erm, no. As a WN reader, emphasis was placed on the fact that Rem was actually at the beginning of her development. She had only begun to start figuring herself out, only begun considering changing her style, and still filled with crippling self-esteem issues that she had only begun to get over. That's the tragedy in her dying/being put in a coma. There were a ton of things she was finally ready to start making progress on.

She had a personality? Never noticed.

>the average Emiliafag

Attached: 561897F9-B115-453C-8E36-5854F390D04F.jpg (1125x1896, 1.04M)

>being a sith

>great design
>adorable personality
>cute voice
what's there to hate ?

Attached: 00ca78f34d6015055542a39c89bee0b8.jpg (736x490, 54K)

Anyhow, the idea that her love for Subaru is her dominant character trait is ludicrous. Her dominant character trait is her lack of self-worth, which results in her living for the sake of others. Her love for them is genuine, but part of her attitude is that she doesn't love herself enough. But she's improving. The failure of the anime is that it cut her actual character development.

Her secondary character traits are obsession and her disconnect from reality. The obsession is obvious, being a hard worker, stalker, and so on. The disconnect is in her delusion about Ram, her lack of common sense, the way she occasionally seems to not quite respond properly to the other party in a conversation, and so on. Like she's not quite all there, and the person under her professionalism isn't well-adjusted to reality at all.

>shit bait thread
>60+ replies
Never change Yea Forums

What's a good place to access the LN and WN?

I will end you

Attached: 20E1845B-BF37-411A-9172-4367B1E5FAA3.png (430x506, 353K)

Witch cult translations. Ignore the LN because it is trash

Read this amazon.com/Re-Starting-Another-World-light/dp/0316412902/

And instead being a bed ridden potato?

Rem has actually helped Subaru (stand up scene) compared you crusch who almost got them both killed fighting Lust

Crusch doesn't care about Subaru, so why are you comparing things they have done related to the MC?

I’m talking about their usefulness in the story. Despite being in a coma, Rem has done more than crusch

Rem hasn't done anything in 6 years, get over her.

I’m guessing you haven’t read the wn?

>What's her appeal?
She's willing to help Subaru make a baseball team of half onis

I thought Shaula wanted the baseball team

Thanks!

she's not the only one to want a baseball team

-normal woman with no powers or skills
-no personality, she´s obsessed with Subaru´s penis
-only exist for waifubait and procreate Subaru´s son, Rigel

Die Don’t read that garbage

Don't listen to this fucker

Are you stupid or something

>Oni transformation, the ability to smell the witch’s miasma, and somehow related to every awakening of Subaru’s authorities
>not even going to bother with this one. If she was so obsessed with his penis then why didn’t she say yes to his proposal
>Rigel was an accident

>normal woman with no powers or skills
Are we talking about the same character

>-normal woman with no powers or skills
>-no personality, she´s obsessed with Subaru´s penis
>-only exist for waifubait and procreate Subaru´s son, Rigel
two lies and off-canon IF story
lmao

How stupid do you got to be to be kicked out of Finnish Conscription

I’m guessing you won’t have children but imagine how embarrassed they will be one they find out their father was kicked out because he flagged someone

I wasn't kicked out, I left because I wanted to leave.

Elaborate. Just curious why you consider it bad.

If they let the people who wanted to leave leave then there wouldn’t be a conscript army.

It is something you’ll only find interesting once you’ve read the main stuff and have some interest in that faggot cat. He recommends it to new readers all the fucking time and people complain about it.

You either choose the army or civilian service. You can switch from the army to the civilian service but you can't switch from the civilian service to the army.

I switched from the army to the civilian service.

That fuckface doesn't like Ferris and Crusch so he doesn't want people to read their backstory novel.

The WN is the authors orginial artistic vision. Editors have only held him back as he wanted to build the world in the first volume but the editor cut it all. His first novel was 1000 pages they cut to 250.

I can go find on the archive where you said you got kicked out because you pointed a gun at them

I got 15 days of "not allowed to leave" punishment, but was completely allowed to stay there. I chose to not stay there.

>Brainlet trying to tell me what a web novel is
You do realise nips write web novels so that they could get picked up right?

How does that change the fact that the WN is something that only Tappei has input on. The LN is a watered down corporate product that tries to remove everything that made it special.

Read this and tell me that the LN is better

docs.google.com/document/d/1iCIAkimv9IqGFxTJ-GN9ShoZa3YdOkqiu4nyX1WVcHQ/mobilebasic#heading=h.24wupho1nohw

Like I said, nips write to get noticed by publishers. LN is cannon while web novel is not in every case. There are no exceptions, there are series that have a good web novel but ultimately every author wants to put food on their plate and have actual professionals notice their work.

I see. Will take your advice, but keep all options on the table. Didn't think my question would spark a debate on foreign military service. Thanks again.

Ok what’s your point? Regardless if the LN is ‘canon’ it is clearly inferior in every way. I’m not sure why LNfags focus so much on the fact it’s official

Yeah it’s a side story for some side characters, he keeps recommending like it’s vital to the story.

It's a fantastic read after you've gotten into the main novels, highly recommend it.

The WN is canon to the WN. That’s all we care about here because anyone who’ve read both will tell you that the WN is better in terms of story, characters, and consistency.

>Actual professionals notice their work
And what has that gotten us? Actual professionals like Wantanbe took a shit all over Re:Zero and forced the LN to follow with his changes. The LN tones down everything, Subaru is less Subaru, Rem is less Rem, Emilia is a cardboard cutout compared to her WN counterpart, the gore is reduced or outright cut. It’s not Re:Zero.

Attached: 49D20D5A-9E5E-47C3-8FB4-AF32084556CC.jpg (748x750, 157K)

That's a low quality bait

Attached: 3B9E64E8-DD47-42B5-8371-EBDD53DDBC4E.jpg (884x1200, 328K)