Prison Isekai

>abandoning a 10/10 DOHOHOHO oujou-sama for a retarded twintail moeblob
George is a fucking retard. Why is male characters in otome shit always so fucking retarded?

Attached: 0dpywjc.png (630x896, 437K)

Other urls found in this thread:

novelupdates.com/series/the-lady-wants-to-rest/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Isekai

but it's not

Attached: eh.png (407x565, 178K)

If they weren't retarded they'd go for the villainess from the start and you would have a completely different story.

>I don't understand genres
The point of a genre is not the plot points in and of themselves, but how the story is told and what it focuses on. Consider romance or slice-of-life, for example. These genres are made up of a bundle of tropes and focii rather than the strict presence of plot points such as kissing or marriage. Even in genres that outwardly seem to necessitate a declarative element of the setting such as mecha, we draw the lines around focus and tropes rather than the mere presence of robots; for example, most wouldn't consider FLCL mecha just because Canti and the mecha battles are in the show, or Planetes mecha just because it has robots.

Isekai is a setting. And as far as I can see there's no one getting isekaid here.

He fapped to his sister, like wtf?

>Even in genres that outwardly seem to necessitate a declarative element of the setting such as mecha, we draw the lines around focus and tropes rather than the mere presence of robots; for example, most wouldn't consider FLCL mecha just because Canti and the mecha battles are in the show, or Planetes mecha just because it has robots.

He was a kid entering puberty and the closest thing to a attractive woman around him was Rachel, who makes boners pop up simply by laying down without a corset.

But that's a different argument. Sure, you can argue that some series that 'have' a certain element of a genre aren't indicative of the genre, but how can you argue that a series that doesn't have the core aspect of the genre is a part of it?

For example, find me a series you can call a mecha series without anything resembling a mech.

Because much like his sister she exudes a shitload of pressure on him while the dumb flatty doesn't.

>find me a series you can call a mecha series without anything resembling a mech
I'd classify stuff like Urotsukidouji and Akira as mecha
>the core aspect of the genre
I don't consider the transportation in and of itself to be the core aspect of the genre. The transportation is only a vehicle for additional tropes and as such I feel comfortable classifying reincarnation/time travel "isekai" as isekai since they have no huge difference in content from traditional isekai, while I wouldn't consider Alice in Wonderland isekai.

But this series has neither reincarnation nor time travel even if we are using your logic.

Why the fuck would Alice in Wonderland not be isekai? What in god's name am I even reading right now?

Because male characters in here are typical capture target that fond of damsel in distress, in this case, Magaret. As white knight as they could get, they tend to fell in love with victim of bullies.
The kind of noble that shitty otome game designer like to make, much different than the nobles we know who like to oppress peasants nd raping other men wife

Those are examples of something i would classify as isekai despite the lack of being transported another world. Their classification as isekai rests on how much they share with other tropes of traditional isekai, as with this series.
Because it would be irrelevant to the cultural usage of the term. When you describe something as being within a genre, you aren't implying one end-all declarative element, you're implying a set of elements and purposes to which the work has some kind of voicing of, whether through playing them straight or subverting them. Alice in Wonderland isn't isekai because it only shares the transportation element (and even then, not really if you favor "it was a dream"/"Wonderland exists in the same 'world'") and no others. Its purposes are neither subversive or accepting of what we consider "isekai tropes" (power fantasy, revenge villainess, second chance, fantasy world, harem, etc.), they exist in a entirely separate space.

user you are an idiot.
I'm abandoing this thread, I thought you were setting up a "native isekai" bait but instead you are just talking nonsense.

Which part do you not understand?

The fact is that he define isekai because it makes total sense.
The fact that the MC dies and is reincarnated into another world is always irrelevant.
So it blurrys the line between isekai and fantasy.
The point is that the fact that he's reincarnated it's just an excuse to make him OP from the start combined with game elements.
it's just another trope from fantasy when they used mostly the fact that he's a "chosen one" or "gained a ridiculous item".

Take Naruto as an instace, instead of Naruto having the kyuubi because of his parents, just say that he was a salaryman who died from overwork and some God decided to put seal a demon on his belly and he was born this way.
Nothing would change.

The isekai aspect is irrelavant, it's just fantasy but with another stupid start to cater to losers.

That's just bad writing or lack of creativity of the individual works' authors, unrelated to the isekai-genre itself. There are isekai that properly integrate the isekai aspect like Slime isekai, where Otherworlders are an important indispensable part of the lore that cannot simply be substituted.

Shut the fuck up about Native Isekai and tell me more about the OP manga.

fuck off you faggot scum

It's a novel, Slow Prison Life.

Bait thread bait thread
Do not reply

I do wonder how he went full retard and "fell" for Margaret and betrayed Rachel and his fiance Alexandra knowing how they operate. Well he gets a 10/10 wife and avoids getting disowned for his involvement with Elliott's retarded plans.

Both his sister and his fiancee see him as a toy and he feels inadequate in their presence because they're overwhelmingly more competent than he is. And then there's the whole " I used my sister's underwear to jack off, and rolled around in her bed to sniff her scent" thing.

>No manga
Eh, thanks anyway.

I'm going to bed, so let me roll out some of my basic premises and reasoning here in case anyone else is confused. Feel free to look through them and see where we disagree.

>genres are made to classify media for the purpose of consumer selection
From this premise, I've reasoned that genres must imply a voicing of specific purposes, or else consumer selection is jeopardized as works become included which are irrelevant to the purposes that attract consumers to that genre (ie. Alice in Wonderland in a sea of wishfullfillment harems).
To clarify on a few minor but possibly confusing details: from the consumer's standpoint, they have their own context into what they expect a work of the genre to be trying to do, and so when a work sets up those purposes within the work itself only to twist them around (this is what I mean by subversion), it directly engages with the consumer's preconceived context and so is relevant. On the other hand, a work like Alice in Wonderland never actually sets up common isekai purposes to then twist around within the work itself, rather it just ignores them and thus never directly engages with the consumer's preconceived context in any way and so is irrelevant.
And so:
>Because genres are made for consumer selection, genres must imply a catalog of purposes, which themselves form the consumer's preconceived context

1/2

>Because genres are made for consumer selection, genres must imply a catalog of purposes, which themselves form the consumer's preconceived context
It's important to note that I am in no way implying that a work must engage with everything in the catalog of purposes here; instead they are like genre indexes in academia (essentially a criteria of elements given individual point values by which a work gets assigned a total percentage value of similarity to the genre).
But now we get into an interesting line of dominoes: who defines a genre's catalog of purposes? Well, I would say the consumer. But what informs that consumer's definition? Well, their preconceived context of the genre. But how is that context formed? Well, I would say through their experience with the accepted works of the genre and their conversational usage of the term. And what is the basis of that conversation? Well, obviously a community, otherwise they wouldn't know which works were accepted examples of the term or not. Within the culture of whichever community they belong to is what I mean by cultural usage of a genre term.
2/3

And so transitively:
>Cultural usage of a genre term creates a canon of works in the genre, which both form a consumer's preconceived context of the genre, which then defines the genre's catalog of purposes.

So now, bringing it all back home, the argument becomes the cultural usage of the term "isekai" in the Yea Forums community. Well, first of all, I would argue that as Yea Forums is an anime and manga community, the usage of "isekai" almost always pertains to works in anime, manga, and adjacent mediums. Second of all, as the usage of the term "isekai" on Yea Forums basically erupted out of early 2010s Narou web novels with their own peculiar catalog of purposes cultivated from a rich culture of narrative incest (rather than a tradition of mutually exclusive writers across mutually exclusive eras), the usage of "isekai" almost always pertains to direct translations of or adaptations of of such works.
With these two points in mind, I can derive a catalog of purposes for isekai using a canon of representative works such as Mushoku Tensei or Bakarina and see how a work like this falls in line with that and Alice in Wonderland does not. Hope that helps.

3/3

Welp, I forgot to refresh the thread while I was writing this and thought the last post was still . Oh well, good night.

And now he's Alexandra's toy for the rest of his life because he sided with Elliott and Margaret and had all his dirty laundry aired out, at least he had a semblance of free will before. At least he had a moment of clarity in realizing there was no way Margaret would still be alive if Rachel truly wanted to "bully" her.

so what you're saying is-

Attached: i'm gonna say the N word.png (725x469, 285K)

Lazy mode K-otome.
novelupdates.com/series/the-lady-wants-to-rest/

all according to keikaku

Autism and essays.
Do not indulge this person, don't let this become the thread.