DBZ

I honestly can't believe how awful the art looks for the Goku vs Freeza fight in DBZ. IT is beyond awful and enrouches on hideous.

I've never seen since a fight look so visually awful.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-01-03-11h02m53s029.png (640x480, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1XGF2rUheJc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>an inbetween that looks odd if you look at it as a still instead of as a part of the animation
Crazy isn't it.

Are you retarded? I'm talking about art style, not animation. Did you even read what I said?

The screenshot is literally held there for a solid half a second. It isn't an in-between and doesn't have the obvious in-between frame appearance.

what I've gathered is that you're either a sad faggot who was deprived as a child and didn't get to watch dragon ball z or a contrarian zoomer who watched it when you were 17 and bitched about it on Reddit

What you have gathered has no effect on the discussion.

The pressure on the animators was insane back then. Nothing was outsourced and they had to produce on a weekly basis, with a wildly inconsistent result due to gap in skill between the animators.
Same shit happened to YGO DM.

>Naruto vs Pain.webm

youtube.com/watch?v=1XGF2rUheJc

:(

>There are people with enough shit taste to care about the anime

k

Attached: n3455566.jpg (625x390, 51K)

2009 memes ftw

The good animators were working on Lord Slug

Do you find it kind of funny how overall the anime itself probably makes more money in the long run than movies yet the majority of the good animators go to movies?

I'm guessing the movies have more time to work on the animation as well, like several months, rather than one week.

Good point.

The Meta-Cooler movie had some horrendous quality for a movie though.

You're in for a treat when you get to Cell.
And 2/3 of Super.

The sakuga was great, it was the road runner legs and him being hammered into the ground like a cartoon character that made it stupid.

DBZ gets progressively better looking but the story gets worse. Man, imagine Frieza saga with Buu-tier drawings and animation.

It hurts to imagine :(
Buu saga art is among the best in all of anime. So excellently drawn. Perfect imo.

I enjoyed it

>like a cartoon character

Attached: ........jpg (252x415, 42K)

>watching z
>not reading the manga

Attached: 1513212717341.jpg (489x488, 41K)

japanimation is different from cartoons, anta no baka.

Attached: 1544669452976.gif (640x360, 1.56M)

People are trying to kill Pepe/wojack by using rage comics and macros from a decade ago trying to bait le 20yo boomer nostalgia switch

>animation isn't part of the art style

>half a second
How horrifying.

Are you also retarded? The point of the "half a second" was to show that it was not an in-between frame.

This

after reading the manga I simply can't go back to the anime because of how bad the pacing is

>not enjoying both

Kai's pacing is great. Z pacing is unwatchable.

Too bad its redrawn scenes look like fucking garbage

Attached: dragonball-kai-censored.jpg (760x896, 86K)

That's not really censoring. The manga doesn't have the blood so it's more just correcting it. I do prefer the Z version with the blood though.

It makes me laugh how many people shit on Z and Super for this.

wrong. It does have blood, albeit not as much. Toriyama in the manga always kept his blood in check, mostly using minimal drops of it, instead of a streams of it, like in Z. So in Kai they do censor it because they def covered up the gaping holes in their chests.

Attached: 2.jpg (728x1092, 242K)