The shawshank redemption of anime

the shawshank redemption of anime

Attached: cb0bfe810bb41a06520fc5966e5b41051501937264_large.png (200x200, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VgWfLi5jwrg
youtube.com/watch?v=6ju8xO_Zvfo
youtube.com/watch?v=TNRCvG9YtYI
youtube.com/watch?v=I-Ig71fhUc8
youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE
youtube.com/watch?v=53F5nY68cBM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

...I don't know what the fuck that means but I like VEG, so ok I guess?

The OK Computer of anime

The Phantom Menace of anime*

this one's better

The punchline of 4channel

>can't into music

Attached: deb374c573c0d1774f93d39bfe266a5f.jpg (431x450, 39K)

>arms just slide right off when damaged

every since i have seen violet evergarden all other anime have seemed shallow and shitty do not watch this magnum opus unless you want to ruin all other anime for yourself

or perhaps

I agree with you

So overblown, overrated, unlistenable noise? Doesn't quite sound right.

also
>can't into Loveless

>Radiohead
>"music"

Attached: 1553898891186.png (576x408, 343K)

VEG's OST is probably my fav part about it. Would take that over shitty english bands any day.

Stay assmad plebs.
youtube.com/watch?v=VgWfLi5jwrg
youtube.com/watch?v=6ju8xO_Zvfo
youtube.com/watch?v=TNRCvG9YtYI
youtube.com/watch?v=I-Ig71fhUc8
youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE
youtube.com/watch?v=53F5nY68cBM
VEG is just frilly orchestra music.

didn't mean to quote , meant for

>Frilly orchestra music VS vocals that sound like a dying Eeyore over instrumentals that are comparable to toddlers banging on trash cans
I'll take the orchestra music, thanks.

>the velvet underground - sister ray
jesus christ, people actually listen to this?

>instrumentals that are comparable to toddlers banging on trash cans
Are you legitimately retarded? A "basic" Radiohead song like Paranoid Andriod shifts time signatures from 4/4 to 7/8 to 1/8 and back to 4/4 in cycles. Let Down has a 5/8 polyrhythm, Everything In Its Right Place is in 10/4, 15 Step is in 5/4, and Sail to the Moon changes time signatures every 5 seconds. That's not present in VEG at all, which is mostly just common time.

uber pleb spotted

It's only one of the most influential albums of all time, so yes. Without, bands like the Pixies and Nirvana wouldn't exist and by extension neither would any Japanese rock band after the 80s, since they were all inspired by the Pixies, Britpop, etc.

>Constantly changing time signatures = good
You get more and more laughable every time you post

Attached: IMG_20190421_192209_426.jpg (624x642, 38K)

>Without, bands like the Pixies and Nirvana wouldn't exist
Oh my, now wouldn't that be a shame.

>Constantly changing time signatures = good
Learn to read.
>instrumentals that are comparable to toddlers banging on trash cans
>Constantly changing time signatures = complex = not comparable to toddlers banging on trash cans

Constantly changing time signatures =/= complex, it just means you only recently figured out what time signatures are and think you're really cool and talented when you play in 13/16 or whatever the fuck. None of this changes the fact that this shit's still unlistenable

A complicated time signature doesn't mean it's good you fucking plebe. Sure, it opens the way to some real great shit, but it also opens the trapdoor to some reall shoddy "let's just 4/4 and add/remove a beat/half a beat/half a beat every other measure" shit. Mother 3's Strong One Masked Man isn't good because it's written in 29/16, but because it's written WELL.
Also,
>1/8
So there's just loose beats every now and then, or did you somehow count a 4/4 measure as 7+1/8?

>The Velver Underground - Heroin
my favorite morning song

>A complicated time signature doesn't mean it's good
And I wasn't trying to argue it was, learn to read

Pretty sure a toddler could and would keep changing time signatures since kids suck at consistency.

I'd bet a toddler banging on trash can could whip out some bullshit uncommon time signatures though.
The only* difference between free form jazz and a toddler ramming piano keys is chord notations and phrasing, after all.
*I'm assuming you're actually autistic enough to take this literally. Don't take this literally.

>VEG would be improved by Violet jumping over the water to the tune of "sucking on my ding dong"

>Loveless
>in the same category as Ok Computer
Nigger what? That's an insult to the best shoegaze album of all time.

The Forrest Gump of anime

Not my fault he used noise as a pejorative

The Velvet Underground are probably responsible for your favourite music existing.

>a 5/8 polyrhythm
>5/8 fucking polyrhythm
Do you have any idea what you're talking about whatsoever?

Not him, "5/8 polyrhythm" isn't such a wild or impossible concept.
Unless you meant that the song isn't actually 5/8 polyrhythm, in which case I wouldn't know.

Yea Forums is leaking

fuckin polyrythms bro

ss redemption is the highest rated movie

this but unironically

A war veteran suffering from PTSD seeks work as a ghostwriter for those who can't write and/or can't express their feelings through writing.

Why did you post this"?

I don't have a punchline

Because 30 of the 40 posts in this thread are talking about fucking Radiohead, so he posted the plot summary of the actual thing the thread is supposed to be about as a passively ironic gesture.

meant for

nice reply fagget