Attached: 3x3.jpg (900x900, 243K)

3/5

Attached: 3x3.png (999x999, 1.76M)

... and manga.

Attached: manga3x3.png (999x999, 981K)

>nipples in official art
i miss those days

6/6

Attached: 3x3 antagonists and villains.jpg (1210x1210, 1.01M)

Based

i really dont, just pic nine shows i like or what?

Your nine favorite anime arranged into a 3x3 grid.

>favorites
not him, but gay.
First, having a few favorites which particularly stand out to you is okay, but generally, manga's appeals are diverse enough that direct comparison between many of them is impossible, so forcing yourself to chose 9 you think are the "best" is stupid, if not impossible. Second, identifying with the thing you like is for people with no personality, and looking for validation online is for people with no self-esteem.
These pics make sense on /wsr/ when asking for recs, but on here it's /soc/-tier "look at me" bullshit.

then what the hell are you supposed to put on your 3x3

>forcing yourself to chose 9 you think are the "best" is stupid
No one is forcing oneself in here. In fact, you yourself wrote that
>having a few favorites which particularly stand out to you is okay
So obviously, you're inconsistent here. Why shouldn't people have nine favourite anime/manga? I'd say, even if you can't directly compare them, it's only natural to like some things over others. If you can't do that, you're just too lazy to really think about what you like and why you like it. I could give you a story for each of my picks, my personal reasons for including them over other things I like.

>identifying with the thing you like is for people with no personality
Good thing no one is doing that in here either. Have you forgotten that this is an anonymous board? We're just sharing and comparing our tastes.
By the way: Considering how much shit you get in here for pretty much anything, these threads are probably hell to you if you have low self-esteem. Probably the actual reason people like you shy away from making a grid themselves.

What's your fascination with teenage girls? Dandy is nice though.
Kira is a bad villain
I don't even go for nine

Attached: manga.png (1100x1100, 3.4M)

Anime: 4/9
Characters: 5/9

1/2

This pretentious ass post is everything wrong with 3x3 threads

>What's your fascination with teenage girls?
Are you new to Yea Forums?

Yeah I'm starting to see why half 3x3 have always the same "approved" classics if this is the mindset of an average 3x3 poster

I don't think I have a favorite anime, but my favorite mangaka is Hitoshi Iwaaki.
And 9 favorite anything is a lot. And since, as I said, the appeals of manga/anime are disparate, it seems forced to make yourself chose between a battle shonen, a serious drama and a gag manga to fit the format.
And if you don't believe the shit about low self esteem people paradoxically offering themselves up to criticism, you've clearly never glanced through /soc/ (which I don't blame you for). It's because not knowing is worse than being criticized, for many of them, and they cling to whatever praise they get in place of self-validation.

>the same "approved" classics
what does that have anything to do with my post?
How the fuck is hating 9x9 threads everything wrong with 9x9 threads? That doesn't even make sense. Are you saying that it's not a universally-acclaimed phenomenon ruins it?

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1200x1200, 337K)

don't post in them then?

This thread isn't some sort of safe-haven, I'm free to criticize it because I'm bored. It's not like I frequent these threads, or like I'm getting in intricate flamewars ITT. I just saw the thread, it brought to mind a thought, and I chose to post that thought. Similarly, you saw my post, thought it was bullshit, and replied in kind. Both are fine.

Even the other TM shit you had on the previous version of this is better than Tanya, user.

8/9 nicely done OP

>And 9 favorite anything is a lot.
Not really. But if you can't make up your mind about nine of them, make a 2x2. You don't necessarily need to "fit the format", as long as you're honest.

>chose between a battle shonen, a serious drama and a gag manga
You don't really make a choice between the manga, you make a choice between your relation to those manga. Your experiences with them, your enjoyment of them. It's about which ones you personally regrad highest. See it this way: If you'd take a weekend (or a week) off to rewatch one anime or reread one manga, which one would that be? Substitute "one" for any other number and you'll get your list.

>not knowing is worse than being criticized, for many of them
Don't know, but that seems counterproductive. Anyway, 3x3 threads are mostly harmless fun and ignoring a few outstandingly stupid shitposters. For me, rating is more interesting than being rated. It tells me more about my own taste than when others give me their opinion on my favourites.

Yes

Attached: 55783969_2587823261232651_2930886804055032862_n.jpg (480x480, 57K)

It's been too long since I watched Zero/UBW so I don't know if I really liked the show or if I just liked Saber. I recently rewatched Tanya and the movie and thoroughly enjoyed it, but a good chunk of my enjoyment was Aoi Yuuki's voice acting.

3/5

3/4

5/5

Attached: 3x3_.png (900x898, 1020K)

>"approved" classics
Honest question: Which one do you think those are? Because I've seen not one single thing in here that's universially loved (or approved of). I don't think I've even seen anything that hasn't provoked some cheap shitpost for practically no reason.

9/9 good taste but I really dislike your composition for some reason
4/8 Why Sirius?
6/9 Love Live cast ruins the grid, I really like compisition like these with only close-ups

Attached: 3x3 series.jpg (900x900, 327K)

When have you ever heard someone struggle to chose between 9 favorite anything? But yeah, I'm sort of saying 2x2 would make more sense as a format
And I still would chose between different manga based on my mood. I'm rarely in the mood for either Gag Manga Biyori or Historie. I think most people are this way.
And to your last point, I'mtrying to say that focusing on whether your taste is good or bad in general, or thinking about your taste in any way that requires you to compare yourself to other people, is usually from people who care too much about what others think of them (usually in the moment of making the post, not necessarily throughout their lives). Of course there are exceptions, but I'm assuming that the reason these threads are so popular is because of the rule, regardless of how innocent your personal intentions might be. It's like those people who post "how does a/ck/v/etc feel about x?" Often such post are BTFOd pretty early on as people not being able to think for themselves, or not being confident enough in their own opinions.

Anime: 0/3
Girls: 4/3
Not rating the two additional copies of Violet Evergarden.

3/7

5/7

>And I still would chose between different manga based on my mood.
Which is why 3x3 makes sense to me: It gives you enough options to cover different moods, different genres. You don't have to limit yourself quite as much. But it's not that many that it loses its meaning.

>focusing on whether your taste is good or bad in general
My impression is that that's not the case for most peopel in here. Regular posters are either very secure of their own tastes (rarely ever change their grids, don't give a shit about what others think) or simply extremely elitist ("I'm the only one with good taste anyway"). You rarely find someone who's insecure about the 3x3 he posts. Of course, you also have your fair share of shitposters who aren't even honest, but they're another story altogether.

>Regular posters
But what's the point of this? Why would you post here more than a few times, if it's really just out of curiosity, or something along those lines? Haven't you established what you've set out to establish by now?
That is a fair point about 9 giving you an allowance for different genres though.

>Why would you post here more than a few times
Because there's always new 3x3 being made. New people coming to these threads with their grids (and opinions).
You're right that if I just wanted to make a statement about what my favourites are, it would suffice coming here once. And if it was always just the same people posting, there'd be no reason to rate more than once (or be rated more than once). But as long as there is fluctuation, I find these threads interesting enough to participate.

5/7 Jinrui's premise sounds fun, is it any good?
4/5
5/6
2/6 +Kira, Griffith ~Tonegawa
3/3
saber/9 ++for Mitsuha
5/9 What's so great about Haruhi aside from nostalgia bait?

Attached: Hisashiburi.jpg (2880x1620, 3.71M)

Attached: the 3x3.jpg (904x904, 407K)

Nice. 7/8
What's bottom left?
(Yes, I know you included the title, but I can only read Japanese.)

Okay, so what's interesting about this image? Interesting enough that it warrants monitoring this thread for more like it?
I legit don't understand the appeal at all. Like, different people have different opinions, and sometimes you can come up with a range of vague psychological profiles by looking at their tastes, surprise surprise.
And people who show something off do often do it often. Attractive people hyper-frequent /soc/. It's like they never leave. It's been a couple years since I last saw it, and I'm sure I would still see the same motherfuckers. Not accusing you of this, but saying it is plausible that a lot of people would be doing something similar ITT. I think the most damning evidence, though, is that people usually rate things without saying which selections they approve of, which in-and-of-Itself proves that most reactions aren't critiques, they're quantifications, which is exactly the form facer8 threads and other vain thread archetypes on Yea Forums take.They exist only to provide something tangible for the anxious and self-conscious to cling to, and they post again and again for years not because it's fun, but because every bad rating makes them want to re-roll for better replies, and every compliment only makes them wonder how much water those compliments hold; there's no pleasing them. I'm sure the same psych profile frequents these threads, since some /soc/fags use Yea Forums and the threads could easily serve as Yea Forums's answer to other boards more obviously vain r8 threads; the only question is how common they are.

I don't think haruhi is that great, just good. I just wanted to put a kyoani show in my 3x3, and that's the one that i enjoyed the most. And i discorvered haruhi quite late, so it's not even nostalgia

That's my image and fuck you, it's amazing

Attached: 1557163267057.jpg (1280x720, 754K)

>what's interesting about this image?
That one in particualar? Well, it's not one of the more interesting ones. Still, it is a themed one ("villains"), which alone has something going for it, as it allows you to view the shows through a certain perspective that you usually don't get in here.
Something thats always interesting is to deduce common traits in picks. Some grids are highly homogenous, others are very varied. Some picks show up more often than others, which seems to not always be connected to quality or popularity.
And then there's the "how". In what ways do people choose to represent their favourites and why.
All of those reasons make 3x3 interesting to follow, and that's not even considering your own stance to what is posted.

>people usually rate things without saying which selections they approve of, which in-and-of-Itself proves that most reactions aren't critiques, they're quantifications
That is true, but going into details takes a lot of time. The more things you rate, the less you can afford to give detailed responses. The quantifications used are accurate enough to gauge how much individual posters' tastes align. That's what they're here for. But, generally speaking, if you do want to know details, most serious posters (meaning they didn't just make the score up) in here will elaborate if you ask them to. That's usually what I do.

>they post again and again for years not because it's fun
But it is fun. At least for me. And I assume for most others as well.

>I'm sure the same psych profile frequents these threads
>the only question is how common they are.
Sure, we get all types of people here. But I don't think that's how most people operate.
Often, people who come here for the first time are just looking for a way to have fun and, sure, maybe show off a bit. For me, it was a bit of a "Let me throw in my vote as well", as my favourites rarely show up in other grids. But if you stay, you stay because you genuinely like these threads.

Well I'm not saying you don't have good taste

>I don't think haruhi is that great
>I just wanted to put a kyoani show in my 3x3
I don't think you quite get what these threads are supposed to be about, user.

Ah, I guess I didn't realize how enthused you guys were with this, not that there's a problem with that. Now that you point out the nuances, I can see why it might appeal to y'all. It still seems like it'd get old quickly, but then again, that's true for almost any target of any sort of fanaticism, so to each his own.

3/5
1.5/4
2.5/4
0.5/2
2.5/5
3.5/6
3/5

Attached: entry-level recent.png (750x750, 1.09M)

You had to ask what the threads are about. So your mental capacity is equal to that of a 5 year old. Nobody cares about your opinion. Now go attend pre-school.

If i did my "true" 3x3 it's just plain boring. The same shows by the same studio or by the same director. I think kyoani deserved a place in my 3x3. I find none of their shows absolutely great, but the one i watched were all pretty good, so i think they deserve a place in my 3x3 for their concistency

>If i did my "true" 3x3 it's just plain boring.
So what? If that's how it it, that's how it is. You don't have to entertain us or prove how diverse your viewing experience is.

>they deserve a place in my 3x3 for their concistency
That sounds more as if you'd rather do a 3x3 for your 9 favourite stuidos.

5-year-olds don't attend pre-school, though.

middle one takes 3 spots because it's in a league of it's own in terms of how much I like it and so far nothing else I've watched came close

Attached: VOhw9rH.jpg (908x908, 299K)

They used to do in my country, so fuck you, zoomer.

1/1

0/0

3/5

that's pretty sad. still a good grid overall.

I mostly use this threads as sneak recommendation threads sine /wsr/ sucks.
Plus collages are neat.
3,5/7
Really fond girls last tour, k-on and I like haibane renmei, but I have mixed to negative feelings on monogatari, madoka, and nichijou. I need to rewatch hidamari.
2/3
I like opm and sailor moon. Don't care for hxh (only saw the '99 series which I dropped about 70 episodes in)
5/5
Though I don't love any of them besides maybe kaiji. Bottom right seems familiar but I can't recognize it.
6/7
Couldn't get past a singel episode of hnk. It' really not my jam.
5/6
Don't really care for trigun.
Looks good but I can't be bothered to identify all of these. I like windy tales, gosenzo-sama and the eccentric family, so
3/3.
4/5
Really dislike texhnolyze, but also love all the others I recognize.

Attached: 3x3.jpg (1316x1316, 211K)

>the '99 series which I dropped about 70 episodes in
Strange point to drop it, because that's practically the whole thing, excluding only the handful of Greed Island OVA episodes.

>Bottom right seems familiar
It's Baron Ashura

1/2
0/2
4/5
Iblard is cool but I can't recognize the others
Look cool as fuck but I can't recognize these as well
6/6

Attached: 3x3 anime.jpg (920x920, 181K)

Anime: 5/7
Girls: 8/11

4/8

it's ok i oly really love hidamari here but the rest are fine, you can find better images though
can't say much other than that i love urushihara satoshi's boob drawing ability
was about to say i don't care for any of these but then i saw ashura so now i don't care for most of these
thanks i hate it
at least you used the best episode of dandy, don't like most of this but it's not the worst
is that meant to be vash bottom right? dont rly have any strong feelings for this grid
didn't much like iblard jikan myself but i find the process really interesting the rest is either cool or i don't know it or that shinkai movie that i enjoyed more than his others but still don't really like
i like anime a lot and i don't know any of these, i wouldn't be surprised if half of them aren't even from anime
niea likers are ok in my books but overall your taste is a bit dry for me
like most of these at least somewhat, you could have picked pretty much any satou jun mahou shoujo over the two you have and i'd like it more though
gintama gets funny at [your episode +20] most of this is fine but i think theres better oshii stuff than angel's egg ad i only really liked the fish part which is badass

Attached: 3x3.png (770x770, 806K)

All these shots look great, but they don't exactly mesh together. Certainly not your best work, but still better than every other mosaic in this thread. 4/5

Is that Welcome to the NHK? Pretentious teen taste

what's bottom right?

Don't think that's who you think it is.

increase the soup (2001)

I like this one but goddamn the last episodes of Flip Flappers were some really underwhelming uninspired stinkers. A fate worse than death really. If they were legit awful, at least it could be memorable.

Attached: theessence2.jpg (920x920, 269K)

2/3
7/7
1/1
3/4
1/1
3/4
1/1

Attached: 3x3.jpg (3345x2482, 1.83M)

Hey, it's good to see that you're still alive and that you agree with me on flop flippers.

Hi, underage faggot.

4/6

3/4

1/5

This post was pretty accurate until you started accusing people of identifying with their favourites.

>is that meant to be vash bottom right?
Yes, I chose that particular pic because you can see the influence that Todd McFarlane had on Nightow and his design.

5/7
0/1
0/0
2/4
3/3
2/2
4/4
1/2
1/2
6/7

Attached: 3x3.jpg (904x904, 197K)

Attached: 1557852587746.jpg (1280x1117, 287K)

0/1