Saga of Tanya The Evil

Who's in the wrong?

Attached: Tanya_BeingX.png (1497x561, 974K)

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/aquinas/#God
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Being X should have just let the salaryman died.

Being X did nothing wrong. He taught Tanya a fundamental truth about existence and is admonishing her for her foolishness.

Being X.
Not a god btw.

In the anime, Being X comes across as somewhat wise, perhaps like the Buddha. In the light novel, Being X is basically a bumbling old fool who starts talking about the Ten Commandments.

But to answer your question, the commies were in the wrong. Fuck commies.

Being X lets millions die without ever knowing half of what Tanya does, why the fuck is Tanya any different?

If what he said about reincarnation is true, then he'll get to them eventually. And we don't know (at least from the anime) that Tanya is special. Perhaps he takes everyone who is as militant and arrogant about their atheism and teaches them a lesson. Maybe he attempted many more subtle lessons with her previous incarnations, and decided to use an extreme measure when it didn't work.

Tanya did nothing wrong

>Not only God is real but he cares enough about humanity to appear in front of dying people to assure them that death is not the end
>Even soulless corporate atheists are not below his mercy and salvation
>And even when one of theses fucks mindlessly berates God, purely out of all the hatred that he has acquired throughout his boring life as a cog in a shitty Japanese corporate machine
>Even then God gives him an opportunity to be reincarnated as a cute Aryan girl with magical superpowers, that will ensure her success and happy life.

>Who's in the wrong?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1366x768, 209K)

Tanya is a rare type of character in this medium. All the major characters usually have something going for them. Heroes are self-explanatory, while villains are usually inversions of heroes. They usually have many heroic qualities, a "grandness" to their soul, but they are misguided or broken by life. Tanya doesn't seem to have any of that. She's a soulless corporate drone like you said. She's just a tiny bug person who doesn't think of anything but base material things like "muh cushy life". The only times she does anything big is when she's tricked or when she decides to indulge in bloodlust. I really hope the story focuses on unraveling why she's like this and fixing it. The only other character like this that comes to mind is Makoto from School Days.

Being X should have justr isekai'd him to hell to suffer of all eternity

Attached: 7ef.jpg (500x289, 12K)

>Nyaa doesnt' have the movie
Nani?

Attached: Capture.png (1100x231, 13K)

The only character who's in the wrong is the dumbass theater officer who didn't believe Tanya when she said the Republic was using the armistice as a front to reorganize their forces
Motherfucker cost them everything

>In the anime, Being X comes across as somewhat wise
What anime did you watch? Being X comes across as a petulant child who can't deal with his job.
>In the light novel, Being X is basically a bumbling old fool who starts talking about the Ten Commandments.
He isn't really, he is just tired of humans losing faith, and then he leaves instead of being butthurt and constantly reappear to Tanya like in the anime.
>But to answer your question, the commies were in the wrong. Fuck commies.
Not to defend the commies, but you are wrong some of the higher ups (read angels) have manipulated stalin into being a paranoid fuck who would initiate the war against the empire.

>Who's in the wrong?
You for believing that Being X is God, he isn't read the novels illiterate faggot.
Besides that everything Tanya has said was true and a correct answer to the pathetic whining of Being X.
>buhu dealing with so many people is overwhelming woe is me why don't you have faith anymore?

>is the dumbass theater officer
It wasn't just the theater officer it was everyone in the upper parts of the imperial military.

>of anything but base material things like "muh cushy life"
That's not just "base material things" that's about security for your whole life.
Someone wanting to spend his life without having to worry about money and with the ability to do things he enjoys is the goal of anyone who is not a soulless corporate drone.
He never worked because he loved the corporation, he worked because he wanted a good life.
>makoto
>a retard who never acts properly according to the situation to the detriment of everyone including himself

The higher strategic officers were simply under the impression that they had won and were incorrect. A costly oversight but what could they really have done
This motherfucker was literally handed the Republics plan on a silver platter by Tanya and went out of his way to not only keep her from stopping it, but to prevent anyone else from being informed about her suspicions

> That's not just "base material things" that's about security for your whole life.
That's right, and it is shallow and small. I'm not saying it as an insult, because I'm like that too, and the mindset that this life is the optimal life is the foundation of modern life. What I'm saying is that it's very uncharacteristic of an anime character. Like I said, most major characters are "grand". They have a quest, a calling, something that they are willing to sacrifice to achieve. They give up a simple life to do something dangerous and huge. Tanya is small like us, but to the extreme. I can't speak of everyone, but I imagine most people may shy away from grandness but they still have a measure of yearning and admiration for it. They're interested in Gods and myths and heroes and so on. Tanya not only contents herself with a simple life, but she denies "grandness" altogether. In this case, grandness is the divinity and power of being X. She refuses to acknowledge him with little consideration. She is thrust into the role of a war hero but she refuses to think and act like one.

Honestly - it depends. Sonzai X definitely broke the NAP and acted like kind of a whiny bitch when he lost the argument. At face value he accepted Tanya's proposition that hardship causes religiosity but clearly she (he at the time) didn't intend to become a guinea pig to test that hypothesis and Sonzai X forcing it onto her was a dick move.

However, Tanya did not exactly want to just die and stop existing either. It may not have been an exactly fair and voluntary trade but she did get reincarnated despite being faithless.

Sonzai X is kind of like a dick boss, he asks unreasonable things of you but you do get paid and you could quit anytime. Tanya chooses spite over quitting tho.

No one, "wrong" is a spook.

Tanya for disrespecting God

Sonzai X is just the HR department manager, like Tanya once was, in charge of reincarnation (hiring/transfers).

I really hate the way nips handle Gods. What's the point of calling something a God if you're going to make them lame nobodies who are just more powerful humans.

>What's the point of calling something a God if you're going to make them lame nobodies who are just more powerful humans.
Have you read the bible?

Attached: tip.jpg (353x334, 19K)

Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly, but out of all 3 mediums, the novel (Yen Press version), manga (YP and scans), and the anime (Horriblesubs), I have yet to recall seeing an explicit scene that confirms or denies Sonzai X and his cohorts as the creator of humanity, though it does seem to imply Sonzai X was the Christian God or at least he claims to be. At the same time though he explains reincarnation which isn't part of the Christian religion and it's implied that all Gods or at least most Gods stem from this little circle. It is also implied that through enlightenment one can ascend and join that little circle, which is why I presume in the manga you have Buddha and shit.

But honestly it's all speculation and nothing is very clear, which is actually the core essence of the novel (at least by how YP portrays it). Whether it's the fight scenes or the side/background character dialogues the novel is unreliable at best since it always comes off with a "figure it out yourself Tanya is an unreliable narrator" vibe, which makes discussing this sort of crap in any semblance of seriousness even more pointless than it already is.

You should read some Shinto books if you want a better understanding of their creator philosophy

>You should read some Shinto books
You may as well tell him to learn rocket science.

Have you? God is not human by any stretch of the imagination.
plato.stanford.edu/entries/aquinas/#God

>by any stretch of the imagination.
The Christian God clearly made humanity in his image though?

You're right that reincarnation isn't consistent with Christian philosophy. But think of it this way: God(or being X) Reincarnates believers, and everyone around the world rationalize his existence in different ways(different religious beliefs). Despite people miss-attributing things to him, he still listens when people evoke his name. Meaning even when people are wrong about him, he recognizes their belief as primary. He sin't necessarily a Christian God, but responds in kind to Christian believers because they acknowledge his existence.

Not that hard, it's actually a really funny and cool believe system
The Ryouko Islans (Okinawa and such), are actually boogers from the main God(forget his name).
All of the rivers in Japan are actually blood eternally flowing from a slain God

YHWH is kind of a basic bitch in the Old Testament. There's also Catholic Jesus, who is both the Son of God and part of the Tripartite God.

But the Abrahamic inhuman God is anomalous.

>What's the point of calling something a God
Just because you define God as Omnipotent, Omniscient and Omnipresent doesn't mean that's the only thing it can mean.
the concept of God at the end of the day has no real reference in reality.
>inb4 but my specific god is real

>Not that hard, it's actually a really funny and cool believe system
That wasn't my point at all. Most people here crying are secondaries or worse, asking them to read something else when they won't even read Youjo Senki before crying about it is just not gonna work.

>In the anime, Being X comes across as somewhat wise, perhaps like the Buddha
I thought he was more like the New Testament God

People don't die in the show, they respawn you fucking idiot.

You mean it has no real analog or counterpart in reality.

One might also say that it exists only as a concept.

God loses fights with other god in the bible forgets shit has to have others answer questions for him and out right can't do something

That's what i meant with reference

He's talking about how Tanya alone gets to remember their previous life.

>In the anime, Being X comes across as somewhat wise, perhaps like the Buddha.

Attached: 1438977173395.png (963x720, 692K)

This thread is lacking enough of Tanya.

Attached: d828331edc6e20638dd1adf7842970f5.jpg (564x800, 97K)

Every single motherfucking deity people have thought up over the millenia was like that.

God is always objectively in the right, it's simply because us humans cannot perceive everything going on simultaneously that we cannot understand truly good morality.
For us humans, we're always able to justify anything and everything from our vast, yet limited view point.
and its because of His perfection that he cannot or should not exist.

So edgy XD humans know better then punny gods

>What's the point of calling something a God
They literally don't call them God.
Just because some dipshit Portuguese priests who also thought "harakiri" was a thing decided to equate two concepts and it stuck, doesn't mean that the Japanese idea of kamis is the same as gods.
You might as well bitch about what the point of calling a righteous man a saint, if he's just a dude that's without sin and performed a few miracles.

>God is always objectively in the right, it's simply because us humans cannot perceive everything going on simultaneously that we cannot understand truly good morality.
What if God with his infinite wisdom can perceive and understand truly good morality and actively chooses to not partake in it?
Is he still always and objectively in the right?

How about Visha?

For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

>What if God with his infinite wisdom can perceive and understand truly good morality and actively chooses to not partake in it?
The title "God" with the big G implies that he is good. Otherwise, if with all his power and wisdom but is not good, what separates him from being just another monster? What if there was a "God" but did not partake in justice, are we still supposed to call him God? Can we not refer to him as just another deity?

Fuck, I might as well have just called him Being X in this line of thought.

Exactly, Tanya did not deem the properties of Sonzai X as necessarily describing God. Sure capital G God is implied to be always correct in every way morality included but how is Tanya supposed to know whether it's the capital G? The only thing we can resort to is compare It's morality to our own or ask it questions to try and understand it. This is a high risk situation and there is no good reason to assume blind obedience is the correct choice. In retrospect we may say Tanya was wrong in at least lacking tact and angering Sonzai X but it is dumb to say you would have blindly obeyed in her place. In fact, considering the life Tanya lead as a salaryman and being an atheist, it is probably MORE likely she had encountered the Devil than capital G God.

TL;DR the question was never should God be obeyed but whether or not Sonzai X IS God. Saying the answer is clear to the latter is plain wrong.

That’s the whole notion of a Demiurge you illiterate fuck

Did you even read the later chapters with Sonzai X?
It's literally a collective of angels trying to guide humanity

Test

>a literal god appears before you
>"hurffdurff I don't believe you actually exist even though you're literally standing right in front of me hurrrrrrrrdurrrr"
Tanya is a massive retard on the level of Battler.

Nope, I'm a filthy secondary, but I've seen that mentioned in the threads. In the anime Sonzai X says he is in charge of reincarnation and not much else, am I to assume these angels have no specialization of labor? At the very least nobody beside X bothered to fuck with Tanya.

Well it's said that God created man in his image, so it makes sense that Tanya is a massive retard given how X is so retarded he can't even figure out where he went wrong and keeps misunderstanding the situation just like Tanya does.

>Being X lets millions die without ever knowing half of what Tanya does
People aren't HDDs.

are you retarded? she knows he exists, she just doesn't believe he's a god but an unidentified being

>Well it's said that God created man in his image, so it makes sens e that humanity is as retarded as he is
Thank you for this user. Truly I thank you. Now I understand. This justifies every stupid thing humanity has ever done.

I don't get how any truly powerful and competent god could feel they need validated through belief. This always comes off as insecure to me and more so targeting a random salary man in Japan no less out of any atheist on Earth there would been more sensible targets like a figure head in the atheist community or someone that was actually the scum of the Earth.

This is just my speculation but I believe that faith in the Youjo Senki world is kind of like a resource. X and his friends seem visibly distressed over the situation and they've even been trying to fix it for centuries so maybe it's a hidden part of what runs the world? Like the reincarnation cycle perhaps?

But the funny thing is if it is so important, it really says a lot about how they act all mysterious yet refuse to enlighten humanity on the importance of it. On the other hand, if faith directly powers them up then it's just another case of them treating humanity as cattle trying to milk them harder and being too stupid to figure out how to optimize it.

Or of course, it can be like you said, vanity. But that's probably the most hilarious and pointless reason, which would in turn make X unworthy of any respect by the standards of modern humans, though fear and wariness is another story.

So how tight is Visha's pussy?

>>But to answer your question, the commies were in the wrong. Fuck commies.
>Not to defend the commies, but you are wrong some of the higher ups (read angels) have manipulated stalin into being a paranoid fuck who would initiate the war against the empire.
So, the jews then?

Nah, sonzai is a dumdum, but salaryman went full fedora-tier retard.

It kinda is, their gods ain't any worse than old Greek gods. Most gods aren't omniscient, Jahwe and his two ripoffs stand out in this regard.

>never heard of anything else than Abrahamic religions
underb&, even 'good' gods like Zeus are rapists and murder wantonly
Hell, OT God is a piece of shit on occasions.

>Hey, it's me! God! Capital G, Alpha and Omega God. You may have heard of me!
>Lol wut? There's no rational way God could exist. We no longer need God.
>Oh really? How about I make you suffer until you believe in me?
Both are in the wrong.

Attached: 1555451405551.jpg (925x1079, 134K)

Kami doesn't necessarily mean Abrahamic "capital G" God. He's plenty powerful enough to call himself a kami, and only retards antagonize powerful beings. You wouldn't spit into mobster's face unless you had a way to protect yourself, right?
Sonzai X is either having funzies or is retarded, but playing around with ants isn't necessarily 'wrong'.

When will the movie be released in DVD?

going by his words presumably there are many like Tanya who are basically stuck reincarnating because they can't reach enlightenment. She is a multipurpose experiment to both potentially teach a soul how to move on to the next stage and also reinforce existing faith

Except Sonzai X clearly said this will be Tanya's last life, whether he lied to convince or is telling the truth isn't clear.

that is kind of an open ended statement that could mean anything(last life could mean last life with your personality and memories for example) but it is also irrelevant to what being x's goals for Tanya are.

>Except Sonzai X clearly said this will be Tanya's last life
When?

Being X because god isn't real.

For all she knows it could be an alien playing games

let's fix that!

Attached: 1527330592393.jpg (1447x2046, 219K)

In their dialogue in the 2nd episode, duh. Watch it again and get your own screenshot, you're not a baby to be spoonfed.

>Who's in the wrong?
anime visual designer

Attached: aefc7982d17a75d801ffa58f0fbba92e.jpg (1300x1000, 218K)

The point of it is to reach a "lesson" about faith. Hence why Tanya was reborn but it just garnered more hate tho

>One of the best scenes in the anime is when Norwegian dude shows up to have his revenge
>This scene is apparently anime original
I'm conflicted about this

Attached: 1550207604465.jpg (700x1117, 576K)

Attached: 1550207438630.jpg (700x1117, 546K)

Same reason his daughter isn't a jobber in the movie, it kind of benefits the narrative that there is "credible" antagonist for Tanya. Ultimately anime just changed where Anson Sue died and having him suddenly ambush Tanya with the brits doesn't alter things that much when he still dies, just bit later.

Being X is running multiple universes in an attempt to figure out how to create the ideal world. Our post WW2 world is turning away from god, partially because of the horrors from the world wars and the systems that filled the void after it. Tanya is just pawn in one of its many experiments. What if magic exists and the german had a shot a winning WWI? Will the world turn out more faithful? Of course, its also killing three birds with one stone. Punishing a remorseless unbeliever while using him as the tool to test this world and seeing if you can find a way to reform future atheists. Being X is a god. Not an omniscient one, but an omnipotent one trying to become omniscient

Psycho-loli or Old Testament God, I think it’s obvious

That's because even in the most intense fights of Youjo Senki the novel doesn't depict it at all. It just acts as background noise while Tanya rambles. It's not exactly the same as tell not show, but it achieves the same effect in that all you get are vague implications and nothing is confirmed.

Whether it's because Carlo Zen wants to give the reader the impression of what is going through Tanya's messed up head or just sucks absolute dick at writing fight scenes, who knows? We'll probably never know. Could be both too.

movie ripped when goddamit

It's probably a conscious choice because the minutiae of the fight scenes doesn't matter at all

form coherent thoughts before you post again

>their gods ain't any worse than old Greek gods
The point is that what the japanese call a god and what a westerner calls a god is fundamentally different.
There is some overlap, but intrinsically there is no greater distinction in japanese mythology between the creator "gods" who you probably mean by "no worse than the Greek gods", and spirits like kitsune, or even the souls inhabiting beloved household objects and dolls, than the difference between a peasant and a samurai.
Sure, there definitely is a power structure, and one might be insignificant next to the other. Yet they all are at the base level the same, while Greek Gods stand above ally other mythological creatures in every way. They are intrinsically a higher concept than a centaur or anything else.

If they're going to die no matter what be it old age or a bullet in the head, surely the only winning move would've been to fall to their death during the comp jewel test and never utter a single word of prayer?
I'm assuming the anime glossed over the wager a lot.

Are you honestly implying that Izanami is on the level of a kitsune.

There was never any "wager", that would imply that Tanya had anything to win.
>surely the only winning move would've been to fall to their death during the comp jewel test and never utter a single word of prayer?
That literally goes against the Sallaryman's wish to live a comfortable life in the rear.

so you're saying that a more accurate translation of kami is "thing i made up"?

Not him, just wanna say that Tanya can't win but she can force a lose/lose draw and consider it a win.

God is ded. *Tippus Maximus*

>finally get around to watching this show
>the opening starts with flying magical bullshit
Is there more or less of that retardation in the show?

A peasant isn't on the level of a samurai in social or political power, but they are in essence both humans just of different breeds.
Same thing with kami. Highest form of kami is in many ways similar to western pagan gods, but intrinsically on the base level they are no different than lesser spirits, because there is no such distinction in their mythology.
It's the kind of difference between Hermes and Zeus only with a much, much greater margin to put it differently.
Yet Hermes is a completely different thing than a Pegasus or any other mythological creature.

That's just how theology works.

I get it now, you need to be explicitly told everything and can't infer shit. Carry on then spazz, I won't make your life any harder.

You're confusing a theological question with powerlevel faggotry. Have fun yourself.

it adds in some dialogue and story, but the action is mostly magical girl bullshit. potential highlight being the few (one?) times they go up against non-magic forces attempting to use outdated military tactics and just body them

The only correct answer

Thank you for saving me from wasting my time

I think what makes the scene is not the fight itself but the writing and characters,

No my problem you actually think God is real and all these other gods are just fake stories or something, man.

Will Tanya ever learn the true tastes of being a woman?

Attached: Tanya Dress.png (924x1600, 1.48M)

7 episodes in and the duck design has grown on me, the LN art is sex though.

Attached: 734509502.jpg (1218x1762, 1.93M)

Never, unfortunately

Attached: 1490229586321.png (849x1200, 332K)

I reckon Sonzai X is responsible for this

Attached: Tanya thicc duck.jpg (1600x867, 818K)

X forcing Tanya to pray in order to survive made me completely fall in line with him, it's obvious he's just entertaining himself by humiliating some random asshole

That's literally not even remotely what Tanya said. I feel slightly disgusted someone capable of that level of speedreading would dare to express an opinion about Umineko

what is salaryman going to do when notAmerica joins the war?

Attached: Rsrc_001676.jpg (351x545, 79K)

Defect

I haven't watched or read this but isn't it fantasy WW1? Why are people talking about Stalin?

Attached: 1553413197877.jpg (707x1000, 198K)

WW 1.5. History changes a little when you insert magic.

Its an alternate history, I would say its more like if WWI never ended

Well sure but the russian revolution was more towards the end of WW1 as a result of Germany funding Lenin and the bolsheviks and because Germany largely won in the east.

But WW1 couldn't go on for any longer than it did really, the americans came in and the german and austro-hungarian populations were literally starving while the french weren't etc.

I guess I'm putting too much thought into mahou shoujo WW1 written by a japanese commie

Attached: 1549463748220.png (178x226, 28K)

Dunno the details about NotRussia myself but don't disregard the historical autism of this work. Maybe we're retarded to refer to this character as Stalin - it could be an entirely different person but the Being X made him go mad to mimic Stalin and get them involved. I.E. it may not be the case that God made both our own Stalin and NotStalin insane, just NotStalin in the image of Stalin's natural insanity.

Yes but in this the US did not intervene the french caved in and the UK joined a little too late there is a lot of differences so you can't really compare real history to this

Attached: 1486430528999.png (550x750, 598K)

>everybody but Italy gets a new name

But it does, it's Ildoa

>Being X made him go mad to mimic Stalin and get them involved
Elaborate

How did the french cave in? Did the Schlieffen plan work or did they pull a ww2 and blitzkrieged it through somehow?
And why is Sweden and Norway in the war, neither had a reason to join in the first place and were very weak militarily

And which is better, anime or manga?

Attached: 1534810359317.jpg (498x535, 36K)

If you have some level of military autism you should read the LN at some point.
The anime holds itself quite well and the manga its like an extra if you want a little more of the comedic aspect of the series

Attached: 1487625801564.png (576x1200, 545K)

So the manga doesn't follow the LN or does it just have a different tone entirely?

Both are absolutely retarded but being X makes no goddamn sense on even the most basic functional levels.

>Random atheist is about to die, but before he does you want him to know that you are in fact the lord
>Instead of torturing le edgy atheist salaryman or putting him through poetic horrors to let him know you are the lord like literally every god ever put to fiction does you instead teleport him to another universe where he's the strongest, most powerful, and most competent soldier, respected and feared by his peers and superiors. Also give him a special power up with the only caveat being that he has to pray to you. However he doesn't have to mean it and can talk shit about you all he pleases until it's power up time. Also never actually put him through trials where he'll come closer to worship just show up to twirl your mustache and give power-ups to fodder who'll still manage to be ineffective against tanya using the power up you gave him.

Attached: pretending.jpg (600x894, 76K)

You should really not hold this manga to any historical precedent past the first few chapters. It's like the writer wanted to write fantasy WW1 but then realized the Lion's share of WW1 sitting in trenches until you died from either a bullet or the filth. No place for OP magic little girls to kill hundreds of fodder. So he brought in elements of WW2 but then he realized WW2 was just the Nazi's speed bagging everyone then getting humiliated after trying to speedbag Russia. And Tanya running out of resources fighting an unwinnable campaign and getting raped by commies also flies in the face of the OP loli thing so he just started making some shit up. it's pure fantasy. don't think about it.

the entire Red Army running a train on Tanya when

The three of them follow the same history but the tone changes a little bit from medium to medium, just watch the first 2 episodes of the anime and then decide what to do from there

Attached: 1486423530695.jpg (680x452, 146K)

It's definitely not as attractive, but it does make her memorable/recognizable .

Soon

Attached: 1545133436272.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Visha a cute!

Attached: 62096176_p0.png (2400x1600, 2.04M)

Was the movie good? Never aired up here in Canada unfortunately

She is

Attached: 1bb824deed27a05025101f5c403d267b.jpg (689x960, 86K)

That's not cute

Attached: 68219578_p0.png (2400x1600, 3.73M)

Would Tanya lost against the dick?

is she even on her puberty yet?

Loli Tanya would have a fighting chance, but once her body hits adulthood she'll lose everytime

Attached: Tanya.jpg (866x1080, 237K)

like that's even necessary

Attached: 1556617680114.png (1226x485, 328K)

She is 14 sooner or later it has to happen