What do you call isekai that's not isekai?

What do you call isekai that's not isekai?

Attached: goblin-is-very-strong-10047469.jpg (800x1149, 178K)

not isekai

Native isekai

Dungeon Meshi and Goblin Slayer would be better if they were both Isekai. Prove me wrong.

Fantasy? What kind of question is that?

Isekain't

>goblin

Attached: 1522372193264.png (744x1080, 553K)

I can't if you don't explain your logic.

"Fantasy" was the name we gave these before the isekai meme started among the LN authors, but in reality every single one of them, isekai or not, is either "D&D land shenanigans" or "Dragon Quest ripoff" or a mix of both.

Also native isekai is an oxymoron, stop fucking using it and call it fantasy

Fantasy, you tard.

It's more specific than that.

Its isekai but is not the main theme the fact the female hero was isekai'ed isnt important here.

Naroushit then. I think it describes the movement rather well.

No, it's not

It's only Isekai if it involves an unfamiliar world that the MC ends up in, regardless if from summoning/gateways/reincarnation. Otherwise, its Fantasy or Sci Fi or simply not mentioned (e.g. Naruto, One Piece, Dragon Ball)

>tfw 99% of every genuine "fantasy" LN is either DnD party shit or Dragon Quest shit, sometimes both
I can't fucking deal with this shit. I can't.

Attached: 1416723342537.png (897x667, 404K)

You're in over your head here, chief.

Isn't Dragon Ball technically an Isekai because Goku is a Saiyan that winds up in an unfamiliar world?

>Goblin Slayer would be better if the Goblins were girls only and fucked boys of all ages from shota to faceless old man
FTFY

When Goblins are on the line I don't think GS would care that he's obviously in over his head. Though that being said once he realizes that she's a girl he'll just be bewildered for a moment and then decide she's just a different species that is mistakenly called a goblin.

No. That's like saying every urban fantasy story out there where the MC gets flung into the fantastical side of the world is isekai.

Well I mean, it is an unfamiliar world the MC ends up in, and you said it doesn't matter how they got there.

Attached: don't give me bullshit like that.png (960x720, 869K)

It's called native isekai.

But is it a DIFFERENT world?

I think Isekai only counts when there is a focus the MC is in an unfamiliar world that has different society/nature and the MC is adapting to it. Goku won't fit because that conflict is not a centerpiece of the story. Same way it's not sci-fi, eventhough the capsule technology is a clear sci fi tool, but it's not a centerpiece of the story.

Speaking of weird location is there an isekai that uses it's area like Kino no Tabi with weird locations/cultures. Not just beast village or dragon quest ones like in Kino no tabi.

In a way, yes.

The americas was called a new world so is Columbus an Isekai protagonist now?

NHK is definitely an isekai then.

Going to a different planet is not isekai. The isekai genre is specifically a person from our normal real reality entering a fantastical reality. A story about someone going to mars is not an isekai.

It technically can be Isekai, see John Carter of Mars. It's depends on what is the conflict is when he arrives there.

>>When the isekai genre is so shit and prominent now that people have to make up a fucking term for an already existing genre.