Release the Spyce

I don't think I've seen a new anime franchise crash and burn this hard, in spite of heavy promotions, advertising, and hype, since Asterisk. Bombing so hard to the point that the MC's new-and-upcoming VA's career pretty much died after the anime ended. What went wrong? It had some of the best character designs of the season too.

Attached: Release-the-Spyce-Visual-Art.png (610x860, 821K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/re-class/16-run-and-catch-release-the?in=re-class/sets/release-the-spyce-original-soundtrack
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Pretty meh designs desu. Namori makes them palatable.

>What went wrong?
Takahiro has lost it.

Poor man's Pripri

They had really nice clothing though.

Attached: 1545551001382.jpg (1280x720, 248K)

Was the show actually good?

You know what's sad? It's been over a year since they announced the cast list for the show. More than a year later, Spyce remains Momo's VA's only main or even supporting role, and the only roles she's had all year afterwards are "student A" kinds of roles. In fact, this season, her only role is a very bit role in Bocchi. Why did Spyce fail to launch her career?

It had some good parts but most of it was mediocre at best.

The OP was really really good, I still listen to it almost daily.

How do we save Yukari Anzai's career? Two seasons after Spyce ended she still hasn't gotten any main roles, and the only roles that even seem to be on the horizon are those two mobage adaptations (Re:Lights and Onsen Musume) and nothing else.

No. It had a nice soundtrack though.

soundcloud.com/re-class/16-run-and-catch-release-the?in=re-class/sets/release-the-spyce-original-soundtrack

Attached: mei.jpg (1334x750, 271K)

Quite certain this one was pushed harder and bombed even harder.

Attached: 96179.jpg (400x566, 60K)

The game is doing better though.

Not really, Kotobuki didn't have that many promotions other than the game, Spyce had the manga, LN, advertisements, collaborations, and the AFA Indonesia panel.

AFA Indonesia died after that.

I riked it

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Release the Spyce - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_05.48_[2018.10.06_16.22.58].jpg (1920x1080, 240K)

Coincidence or not?

Momo is really cute

Shame she had to be the victim of some really gross fanservice moments like this one.

Attached: Momo Boobs 5.jpg (1920x1080, 977K)

>>What went wrong?
>Takahiro has lost it.

Tone was all over the place, the animation couldn't keep up with the excitement and action, throwaway villians

Also Princess Principal pretty much set the standard how you do a cute girls spy action show which Release the SPYCE botched

Didn't even have a single pantyshot whole series though.

Seriously though why doesn't Momo's VA get more roles?

i liked it a lot more than i thought i would, but i think japs expected CGDCT and got a retarded 80s action flick spread out to 13 episodes instead

might be the whole drug use thing that turned them off too

Attached: 1550621528508.jpg (200x200, 10K)

Its alright, but it had weird tone issues and probably needed some more time in the oven. The side stuff was a lot more engaging than the main plot. There was also a lot of stuff that obviously got cut for time but kinda needed to be in, like Hatsume saving Theresia after she got her wrist cut

Also Yuki having her memories "erased" didn't feel built up to at all.

What a pile of shit and this is from someone who enjoyed AgK AND Yuru Yuri like all good Yea Forumsnons

Attached: 1555640459381.jpg (640x902, 476K)

>Pretty meh designs.
Did we watch the same show?

Attached: 1555781536810.jpg (1920x1605, 907K)

Little style, no substance, low stakes, boring characters, unoriginal plot, no effort to be anything innovating. It just didn't have anything going for it.

I think instead of wasting resources on some other stuff the show could have benefited from better animation and a more consistent story and also pantyshots.

Midriffs are sadly impractical and ruined the tension.

2-3 of the whole cast is ok while the others are mediocre so meh overall.

The Music and songs were at least nice.

Teresia, Goe, Mei, birdtits, and Byakko were all great. Also VIKING AXE NUMBER TWO

Attached: 1541890772210.png (512x384, 214K)

Byakko was definitely a good girl. She started as an insufferable little cunt nugget, but the moment she was in the base, she became the second best girl.

So if Spyce was a bad show, then why did the cast go to AFA Indonesia to promote the series?

We may agree that the show may not have been good, but I'd say it had the best uniforms of the season.

I liked it

>We may agree that the show may not have been good
Well me and the 2 other anons who liked it don't agree.

Attached: 1537043100414.jpg (1280x720, 332K)

was that your first seasonal anime or what?

Momo was one of the sexiest girls of 2018.

>I don't think I've seen a new anime franchise crash and burn this hard
Kemono Friends didn't die as hard as Release the Spyce?

Attached: 1556309272748.jpg (1280x720, 266K)

KF took like a year or so to implode, Spyce was DOA. Also KF was never promoted as much as Spyce ever was, until maybe after KF was already a hit.

I’m curious why anyone would bother watching this show when Princess Principal exists

Holy fuck I forgot about this anime I was supposed to watch it when 3 episodes were out but man I'm late as fuck

Its gayer than PriPri

I'm curious why anyone would ever feel like they had to pick one and only one.

Because they’re both spy cute girl shows? Its not that hard, if I want to watch one why would I watch the one that’s shit?

Why does one have to be shit?

I know you’re just a guy that actually liked RtS, but real answer, incompetent directing, script, it’s boring, etc. are all factors as to why

But why bring up PriPri? If the show is good you'll watch it, if its not you won't. Bringing up PriPri makes no sense.

PriPri's main cast weren't newbies
Spyce's MC's VA was a newbie
PriPri didn't have an overseas panel
Spyce had an overseas panel
Spyce's clothes were also more attractive

Isn't it weird that Momo's VA has yet to get another main role after Spyce? After her debut lead role she's now stuck doing background roles in shows such as Bocchi.

Also, in a strange coincidence, both Momo's VA and Ange's original VA were in Onsen Musume.

Everyone's comparing this to PriPri, but you should really compare this to Akuma no Riddle instead since it's written by same guy and was equally disappointing.

It's kind of strange. Slime and Spyce premiered the same season, and yet Rimuru's VA is already getting quite a few main or supporting roles, while Momo's VA is stuck doing bit roles, despite having just voiced a freaking MC.

>Akuma no Riddle
I think you're thinking of Akame ga Kill.

Is this VA thing some sort of new autistic spamposting?

It's a legitimate question.

The Spyce mobage is still chugging along, so the franchise as a whole hasn't really crashed and burned yet.
If you want a multimedia franchise that really crashed and burned just look at Akanesasu Shoujo

Attached: MV5BODUwNDYxYjUtNzM2Yy00NGJiLWEyZmQtZDU3YjhhNTk4YzQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzI2Mjc1NjQ@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,17 (1777x999, 302K)

Expectations were high for Spyce, AS by contrast was a far lower profile project.

It's a legitimate question to pose once and then if no one has anything to add you can move on. This thread just has 20 instances of posts going "Hey Momo's VA doesn't have a new main role?? What's up with THAT...!!???!"

Will the game last?

release the spyce wsas a fun show, better than endro that's for sure

Literally one frame, retard.

>enjoyed AgK
There's the problem.

Should've had more on-screen sex

Attached: 1545989650545.png (900x1022, 736K)

The only place cute girls should bleed from is their vagoos

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Release the Spyce - 09 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_17.46_[2018.12.02_05.57.49].jpg (1920x1080, 156K)

What happened to Maka from Soul Eater?

I enjoyed Spyce a lot. It wasn't an amazing show but the inconsistent pacing and wackiness ended up being a plus. Vikang best girl.

Attached: we wuz vikangs.jpg (1920x1080, 830K)

Is there a list of anime that ended careers? Like Humanity Has Declined ect ect?

i remember watching it, uhh umm i don't really remember very much about it tho but wasn't the end a complete garbage? pretty forgetable overall desu

Spyce was pretty decent though. Not the best thing ever, but still a much better anime than Starlight or Akanesasu. And Golden Genesis was great.

Most of KKK's cast never got another main role. Same for Nichijou.

>better than revue
in what world?

Almost everything is better than Revue.

Apparently Momo's VA is half-Taiwanese?

How could we know the show would be mediocre before it aired you dunce? The only thing I knew was that I wanted more PriPri and the movies will never actually happen.

You're seeing the work of the autist called MKL, without his trip. He's made this thread before, asking the same questions, multiple times.
It's what being a SEAmonkey does to your brain.

It was just extremely mediocre in every way. Like people making it didn't even care.

Really? I thought the cast and staff loved it.

They're also doing the new Yuru Yuri OVA, surely they can't mess that up as well ... can they?

Attached: f91c4bc3.jpg (1440x810, 146K)

>It was just extremely mediocre in every way. Like people making it didn't even care.

It feels like they DID care but didn't have the knack to pull it off

>Nice, a Spyce thread is up
>it's another MKL shitposting thread where 50% of the posts are him rephrasing the same three questions like a broken record
Why must all franchises I like be cursed?

This show proved that sleeveless uniforms are a miracle of the universe.

Theresia was completely pointless.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Release the Spyce - 12 [720p].mkv_snapshot_13.46_[2018.12.22_20.46.47].jpg (1280x720, 104K)

>but still a much better anime than Starlight or Akanesasu
Not even close. The inconsistent tone and shitty ending with the no stakes 'traitor' plot was awful. Both Starlight and Akanesasu were leagues better and more memorable.

It would have been memorable to a degree if they followed through with the traitor plot. We'd still be seeing occasional "Mei did nothing wrong" threads filled with femdom and domestic abuse posting.
It actually makes me kind of sad.

If they had more balls, they should have made every female spy gay. The male otaku market wouldn't mind it

And they would have made best spy run off with Kurara.

Attached: D1S6dg0UwAAQBtW.jpg (1364x2048, 272K)

>Drugs
>Dorks
>Dubstep
It's perfect!

Reminder Yuyuyu died for this.

Attached: 1537329621975.png (1920x2160, 1.51M)

Are you a fan or something?
By the way Bocchi's VA also is a total newbie.

They have like 88000000 yen.