I'm a bit of a slowpoke, but once I started watching this I ended up marathoning all of it in one sitting

I'm a bit of a slowpoke, but once I started watching this I ended up marathoning all of it in one sitting

What did I think of it?

Attached: shot0001.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

that you want to breed with Violet.

You thought you desperately wanted another veg thread because you still see darling in the franxx get daily threads and your fighting this weird one sided war, which you've already lost since franxx out sold veg, and is far more popular and better.

You thought there were parts of it that could definitely done better and it might be AOTS at best.

Attached: 1540971717487.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

Franxx didn't have a blonde loli so we know who actually won

Attached: 1558351862952.jpg (3072x4017, 643K)

I thought "Why am I watching this shit?" while glancing at your clock several times each episode

I've never even posted in a thread about Violet Evergarden before. I avoid threads about things I haven't seen to skip spoilers. I just bothered to sit down and watch it yesterday.

True. I'm still riding the emotional high. But looking at it even now, the pacing could have used a lot of changes. For a more effective climax, finding out about Gilbert closer to the end instead of halfway through might have been better. Also the action, save the ambassador thing didn't really fit too well with the rest of the series.

Attached: shot0004.jpg (1920x1080, 165K)

Attached: saberclone a shit.png (341x341, 117K)

>marathoning more than one episode at a time
What is this sorcery

Violet's development was a bit inconsistent in the middle.
The combat scenes, the enemies acted illogically at times or didn't act at all.

I thought the first couple of episodes made more sense on the rewatch. I understood violet's character better. For example, she uses her face as a means of touching the outside world, so she bites on things.

Attached: 1554955320414.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

>marathon an episodic show
I don't see how people can do such a thing. I've been watching it off and on for a few months now and am about 3/4 of the way through it.

Does the light novel have more content? Or did the series tell basically all the stories from it?

>so she bites on things.
I thought that was more like an emotional tick, developed from trying to pull Gilbert out with her teeth. She only seems to bite things connected with him, the dog plushie because she associated it with her being "his dog" and the brooch are the only things I remember her biting, unless I missed it.

I don't normally. My usual pattern is one episode of something a day. Violet just seemed to hook me. But I'm a bit of a sucker for this kind of melodrama.

>Does the light novel have more content? Or did the series tell basically all the stories from it?
The light novel is pretty different from the anime. But it does have more side stories as well.

>The combat scenes, the enemies acted illogically at times or didn't act at all.
Yeah this was really bad. Nobody even tries to shoot her on the train until they were basically all beat up.

KHK again trying to start a studio war fuck off you autist get a life or go back to Yea Forums

Violet Evergarden is a time flop. It sold well, but its fanbase is dead, and people don't even remember it anymore. It was generic, melodramatic, and boring. It was a corporate project (it was also shilled by its producers Kyoani and Lantis) that represented how you can play it safe to make sure your show sells.

There are shows (such as Evangelion, Madoka Magica, Sora Yori, etc.) that can be considered timeless successes because not only were they successful, but they still have a sizable fanbase, and people still remember them as one of the masterpieces of anime. VEG has none of these things.

People reference the number of threads it gets (which only started picking up in number after I called them out on their shilling), but that doesn't mean it's not a time flop. It's a very small number of people coordinating to artificially create an impression that the show still has a fanbase after it finished airing. Just look at the Unique Posters to Posts ratio in every thread. It will be wildly unbalanced, especially in comparison to shows with an actual legacy (Evangelion, Madoka, etc) which have a far more balanced ratio while also having a greater volume of posts.

The bottom line is that VEG has no cultural legacy whatsoever, even in comparison to other Kyoani shows like Hibike and Tsurune, and is sustained entirely by dishonest fan support.

I want a spinoff of loli barietto getting adopted by Claudia before Dietfriet

Attached: 70328355_p14_master1200.jpg (818x960, 262K)

>Sori Yori
kek good job outting yourself retard

any spinoff where Violet is happy would be good honestly.

Well it's an average show. A solid 5/10

>I thought that was more like an emotional tick, developed from trying to pull Gilbert out with her teeth.
Her arms were shot, violet was in pain and probably didn't have much strength to move the body of a grown man

Attached: 1548187990926.png (1280x720, 1.19M)

Can't wait for Violet and the gang to rescue Gilbert in the movie.

do you think Violet going to bring out the rocket launcher in the movie?

Attached: 1523209039242.jpg (780x1080, 154K)

Thats what I mean. She picked up the habit from that event, and the trauma sort of solidified it as something to get closer to Gilbert with.
I could be reading too much into it though.

>rescue Gilbert in the movie.
I can't decide if that would cheapen it, or I would weep like a little girl.

>manufactured studio wars

It would certainly cheapen it, but I'd still like it.

Was this the show where some ditzy girls went to Antarctica, or the one where some ditzy girls went camping?

Remember the golden rule: Execution is key.

I took her biting things more as a way to feel objects since her hands are metal.

It was the one about the pink-haired girl and something about dinosaurs. "Girlfriend in the Hot Dogs" or something like that.

Nah, this was the camping anime. I think the girl in OP's pic did some game about sobaudon using the kanji for "cormorant".

I thought so too.

no the movie is completely original

>be me
>watch all of VEG
>start laughing at VEG for the retarded premise and title character
>start cheering VEG for getting better at being social
>wholesome kyoanus
>get teased a movie
>watch the special
>laughter and cheer
I love my autistic daughter.

Attached: yea.jpg (488x309, 31K)

Violet wants her chocolate milk.

Attached: jiiiiiiiiiii.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

i thought it was great.
while airing i saw bland mixed opinions about it so i didn't pick it up, but the thread the other day made me interested. one said only Chinese housewives liked it, and another said ep10 he saw the reveal coming but it still hit like a truck. im a fan of simple story good execution. also wanted to try another anime supposedly aimed at women.
other than action scenes outside of flashbacks being rather odd (not sure why), i liked it a lot. i can sort of see why people would say it's for women, but it had none of those usual problems for me.

Attached: 67679509_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x882, 566K)

please don't bully my daughter.

Most of my exposure to it was the visuals. Which are pretty, but don't really make a show.
I was pleasantly surprised. The story is quite good, I think it handled Violet's character arc in a really thoughtful way.

Attached: 1518748627643.png (1280x720, 1.41M)

I want to protect and baby her, but I also want to fuck her. Is there a word for this feeling?

I went into the show expecting visuals, and got them. Solid High 5 Low 6 show, not at all bad.

i marathoned tatami galaxy in like 2 days and it was absolute torture. those were back in the days where i was speedrunning through anime for MAL epeen. definitely ruins the experience.

i really like violet. there's been other autistic/doll female characters before but violet takes the cake. her clothes and introduction curtsy are so nice and elegant it makes my heart go doki. as opposed to e.g. rei or 2b.

the place i downloaded from originally had duplicated ep 3 as ep 4, and i only figured out i was missing something because that thread had caps of scenes i didn't see.
seeing that made it even better.

they did a great job of portraying Violet as a daughter character.

Violet is my favourite.

Attached: 1547510969097.jpg (2722x3629, 2.69M)

Waste of time. Your money would be better spent watching Promare.
What would roast cormorant taste like?

she is the best.

Attached: sex hair violet.jpg (1280x1825, 422K)

Violet is a free thinker. She has critical thinking skills.

Attached: Violet based and redpilled.webm (1280x720, 2.41M)

I see Trigger-Hater-Kun (THK) has been trying to ruin another VEG thread by driving a wedge between VEG and Promare fans. Don't fall for it.

lets be honest, she didn't really compile anything. she is just saying that because she wants to fuck Gilbert.

What the fuck is with that spammer and his unjustified hate for Trigger? He should really take his meds.

She didn't actively and purposely compile information for that specific purpose, she is just evaluating information from the world around her and making a rational judgement based on it.

Violet is an intellectual.

Attached: Violet inu bitu.webm (1280x720, 2.7M)

she has a bias of wanting to fuck an older man though.

Fuck, THK is INSANE.

It's pretty clear that you don't think at all.

She has an inclination that coincides with the truth of the universe. Coincidence? I think not. Violet is an empiricist so she has a propensity for truth.

Violet is a scientist.

Attached: Violet soft.webm (1920x1080, 538K)

not meant for lewding

Attached: 69942121_p2_master1200.jpg (829x915, 246K)

>Violet is a scientist
If Violet is so smart, why didn't she learn another profession? Now electricity and phones have rendered her a jobless, NEET loser.

her adopted parents will buy her all the choccy she wants and let her live as a neet

Attached: 72792604_p13_master1200.jpg (1200x410, 679K)

>her adoptive parents will buy her
Until Cattleya pops out 3-4 of her own kids. Then Violet will just be a burden.

What would a date with Violet be like?

Attached: cute girl.jpg (2308x2587, 3.27M)

What even is this dumb template? I've seen it posted for other shows before. How the fuck could we possible know what you thought of it? All we can tell you is what we thought of it and Yea Forums thought it was great.

Holy fuck she's such a hot cosplayer. Do you have more? I don't normally fap to 3DPD but ill make an exception here.

Violet's job isn't about money, it is about purpose in life. She isn't a wageslave.

That's not how you start a VEG thread. You have to call out the Yorifags first.

Jokes aside. The wait is painful. We haven't had a KyoAni show in a fucking long time.

Mediocre story and characters, great visuals. Basically Kyoani in a nutshell

just search up hidori rose violet evergarden. you'll find the full cosplay sex thing quite fast.

shit epin spam pasta

thanks

Violet looks like THAT?

>marathoning
>one episode
Wait what.
I marathoned the entirety of Monogatari.
Almost died.

by then Claudia and CAtt would have gotten violetto a husbando

Attached: 67706125_p9_master1200.jpg (1200x811, 434K)

You mean they would've given Leon the go ahead to marry their autistic daughter?

1 word answers and babbling about muh major followed by a awkward goodbye hug

Attached: 1524427487355.png (1108x1080, 1.23M)

yes

Attached: Violet Evergarden - 06 - Large 08.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

cute.

I wan to kiss violet.

What programme do you use to make the webm? i use xmedia and it never keeps the subtitles in the video?

kiss what part of her?

Her violet.

When the shit started to go down in the last couple episodes, I assumed Violet was going to die. The series sort of built up the expectation through the eulogy-like statements from other characters talking about her, as if they were documentary interviewees trying to make sense of someone's life.

>Baioretto
>Rin
Seriously, is "autistic armless girl" a thing?

INTJ.

Attached: 1557167569397.png (1484x2152, 371K)

She hasn't suffered enough to die just yet.

Attached: violet suffering.png (999x1080, 1.12M)

Damn Kyoani really mastered the "kicked puppy" look for her

Violet will never die.

You are physically unable to think. This thought is not a joke but an absolute order that cannot be retracted.

Violet is already dead, just like the anime.

ok

mine also

Violet is adorable lady, i like her gestures and facial expressions, her body parts are not exposed and covered with a thick layer of clothes

>her body parts are not exposed and covered with a thick layer of clothes
that honestly just makes her more erotic.