Can we have a discussion on Cowboy Bebop? Anons...

Can we have a discussion on Cowboy Bebop? Anons, I finished watching this series for the first time about a few hours ago, and honestly? I can't particularly understand why it's so critically acclaimed.

Bebop, while great, has some of the weirdest pacing I've ever seen in an anime. Episodic or not. I really enjoyed Bebop's "cool" factor, but nothing in this series blew me away like the ridiculously over the top antics of Trigun, which had the "wow" factor in my opinion.

Am I looking at this wrong? What am I missing? I could immediately understand why Neon Genesis Evangelion is considered a classic after I watched it, but I just can't understand Cowboy Bebop is?

Attached: cowboy-bebop-1.jpg (2560x1920, 476K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X6K2kkEIrfE
youtube.com/watch?v=DL_KyJpRuKU
youtube.com/watch?v=DmIsNpDimQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Being around the right time for western viewers like Outlaw Star.

Oh you mean that sweetspot back in 1998? Such an absolutely weird fact that 3 space western anime all came out in that single, defining year lol

it was good for its time but youre not really missing anything its a solid 7/10

I'd have to agree with your score, although I myself will be a bit more lenient and give Bebop an 8/10.

I suppose it was pretty good for it's time indeed, but I definitely do not view it as this amazing, must-see masterpiece that everyone has been raving about?

I loved that time. Anime felt so new and unique.

The OST, the refined direction and

It appealed to a lot of people that were getting into anime back during that time along with other stuff on Toonami and Adult Swim that seemed different than what they had seen before. It also didn't have a terrible localization like a lot of stuff people were likely to have seen earlier.

Its enjoyable and chill with great designs and makes you think about 2%
that's more than you can say for 99.99999% of anime
Don't worry, I called Bebop overrated when I was 15 too.

And now that you're 16 you're in love with it but that feeling will probably leave you by the time you hit 18.

> ebic 15 year old burn

200 IQ move

the problem is you're a pleb with no taste or discernment

I wouldn't worry about it user, art isn't for everyone

It's a good starter anime. Also, Faye is hot.

Attached: 1528104815720.gif (500x278, 1.57M)

>being 15 is a burn
It just means you're a fledgling in your journey man. I started on this board around that age a decade ago, life's a series of phases of contrarianism and genuinely allowing yourself to enjoy enjoyable things.

its people who have never seen more than ghibli films and cabal anime, of course theyre going to think its the best thing theyve ever seen

it's solid, but i feel burgers tend to overhype it due to nostalgia. did japan really regard it to the same level?

>pic unrelated
The movie is 2deep4most.

>I can't particularly understand why it's so critically acclaimed.
weebs first chinese cartoon

Trigun for the action

Cowboy Bebop for the story

It's a good starter anime. Also, Ed is hot

Attached: 1c4022cc617a5e6ac872a789de90a2bc.png (660x880, 355K)

>he was 15 in 2009 and is acting like he's a wise elder

If you want someone to spoonfeed you right opinions Digibro has a pretty good video on Bebop.

Attached: cucking before and after.jpg (1920x3700, 2.29M)

Have you really watched anything better than that entry tier? They're entry tier for a reason. It's because they're extremely good. I can't say I've gotten much enjoyment out of anything non-entry level (excluding manga) at least by this board's standards. Even non-entry level stuff like the monogatari series that I enjoyed eventually became entry level, because it's good.

Faye is a THOT.

She literally ate dog food, get some fucking class.

I never watched the movie, but this pretty much looks like a rape scene, but dressed up as fanservice.

That's mildly fucked. Hot, but fucked.

>Vincent a cuck

Vincent fucked Julia.

she could literally kill you right now user. maybe you should talk shit about her when you get to her level.

Attached: 1532494126507.gif (400x300, 1.08M)

I reject group think

Fuck Digibro

*Vicious

Trigun's story was more interesting to me

Ed = Best Waifu.

Yeah sure she's underage, but that's just semantics.

Two wasted trips...

I want to go back.

Peak A E S T H E T I C
youtube.com/watch?v=X6K2kkEIrfE

Attached: b0ee48533784899d40ff62a317bbabf1_585090a3d7b_t.png (291x300, 22K)

COME BACK ED

IT'S BEEN 21 YEARS AND I STILL MISS YOU

PLEASE BRING EIN AS WELL

Attached: 732c616834316d46f38822768f89a0a7.jpg (500x369, 33K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DL_KyJpRuKU

Attached: animetears.jpg (369x369, 51K)

Based user

LOVE AND PEACE!

LOVE AND PEACE!

LOVE AND PEACE!

Attached: love-and-peace.png (300x206, 26K)

Cowboy Bebop is good. It's not the kind of show that postures itself (there are plenty of those and they become overrated as you'd expect) but that doesn't mean it's not absolutely deserving of recognition.

How new are you to anime in general

How new are you to deez nuts on your chin in general?

What recognition in particular do you think Cowboy Bebop deserves? I know one thing about Bebop that really stuck out to me as I watched it:

There are no love interests, except past lovers. Spike isn't into Faye, because he was into Julia. Faye wasn't into Spike or Jet, because she was into the lying doctor. Jet's ex girlfriend broke up with him. And Ed? Was well, Ed.

So I suppose that's one of the things Cowboy Bebop can be praised for? The lack of forced, cheap love interests?

Literally his entire character is that he's pissed off at Spike/Julia for cucking him

It's overrated, but it deserves to be because of how good it is. But I think it's just a 7/10. Eventually you find better anime

Still one of my all time favorite songs.
youtube.com/watch?v=DmIsNpDimQ0

He fucked her likely after she'd hooked up with Spike tho
name 1

Watch it again when you're not underage.

Brigadoon

Corey in the house, bitch

>He fucked her likely after she'd hooked up with Spike tho
speedwatcher retard confirmed

Post again when you're not underage.

>speedwatching
It's entirely based on 1 frame stills where chronologically the scene of him in bed with Julia occurs after the start of Spike's relationship with her

Finally with some actual good hip-hop and not bad soundcloud hip-hop

All of these people calling Bebop just a "good starter show". No. Cowboy Bebop is a masterpiece, in just 20 minutes it creates believable (yet still fantastic) stories. It hints at characters' pasts in such a subtle way that doesn't drag the show but at the same time doesn't give shallow reasons as to why a character behaves the way he does.
Aesthetically it's one of best looking TV anime ever made, even by today standards.
There is just so much to love about Bebop that I think the enjoyment you'd get out of it only increases after you've watched many anime. If it's a good starter anime, then it is an excellent title to revisit in the future.

>Cowboy Bebop is a masterpiece
Some episodes are kinda phoned in, but the movie maybe.

Attached: anime_cringe.gif (300x169, 1.2M)

>the movie
it's the only thing I would consider just okay. Cowboy Bebop relly benefits from being in a TV format.
And, yes, some episodes are worse than others but overall I still think it's pretty fucking solid. A show doesn't need to be perfect to be called a masterpiece, every anime has its flaws.

I can't remember anything about Cowboy Bebop other than Ed leaving, the incredibly disturbing Mad Pierot episode, and Spike's death.

That's about it.

>the incredibly disturbing Mad Pierot episode,
that one had some great animation

Y'all niggas gay

>Spikes death
user I...

YOU’RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

FUCK

Attached: 1551361444687.jpg (2500x1870, 629K)

Like you don't want to adopt Ed.

Attached: 9F45BE30-F1E4-4573-BE82-ACFBE8FCCD07.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Literally the reverse. Trigun has more in the way of a coherent progressive story with average to subpar animated action, whereas Bebop's deliberate episodic nature keeps the story simple while the action is animated at its fullest each time.

I didn't enjoy Bebop nearly as much as I'd think the first time watching it, but when you look back, there's a lot of things you take for granted. For example, the direction, the moody atmosphere, the great soundtrack, the A-grade action animation, the characters being developed and characterized as they're just living out their lives in this seemingly vast universe etc. Those are things you kind of take for granted the first time.

It's one of those things where you really come to appreciate the series more for the journey than the ending. That's not to say that Bebop's ending doesn't matter or that it doesn't have a good ending, rather the ending doesn't necessarily define the rest of the series, and it serves more as a (tragic) closer for the characters you got to know throughout.

Honestly with that in mind, it's how I was able to appreciate Samurai Champloo a lot as well.

Honestly I really enjoy it. The style and overall mood of the show carries it and I don't really mind the episodic nature of it all. Just a fun ride that most people can get into, so it keeps its popularity.