Yea Forums says black clover is shit

>Yea Forums says black clover is shit
>it's actually a decent shonen
Why did you lie to me?

Attached: 0081-016.jpg (2132x1600, 496K)

Being a decent shonen means it's still shit.

/a:m/ is contrarian. If they say something is bad, it’s normally good.

Black Clover is decent but it's not great. The problem is that it is extremely derivative. It's a cookie-cutter series more than anything else.

You just have shit taste user

It's My Hero Academia tier. Now that could mean anything depending on who you ask.

BC is not trash

Decent shounen is still shit.
Your taste is shit.
You're shit.

>it's actually a decent shonen

Yeah shit
nekketsus have been cookie-cutter trash for years. They are on the same level as isekai

but at least isekais are trying new dumb shit like going full edgy or being compleatly inconsequential

Oh it is

I would love to enjoy the plot but the characters just suck sooo bad.... it’s hard to watch.

it starts out pretty uninspired but comes into its own down the line and is pretty entertaining with likable characters.

>but the characters just suck sooo bad
Still so much

because it's strictly decent
it's so derivative it may as well not even exist on its own

>decent
OP can't even fully commit to his delusions.

Agreed. For the anime, at least. I haven't seen the manga.

It feels like Yea Forums hypes up BC more just to spite MHA and HxH posters.

I have only read the 20 first chapters but I got fed up with the cliche and how much the setting, the characters and the goal of the protagonist reminded me of Naruto.

>Norse/Jewish mythology setting is just like Naruto

>the goal of the protagonist reminded me of Naruto.
Pretty much Naruto 2.0

Attached: 7803686B-4638-4976-A674-56E9E3ACADAB.jpg (1440x900, 279K)

The manga is good but the anime is just 22 minutes of people shouting.

with some FT thrown in

Attached: 72701F0F-0DE5-4C90-AE77-A4B2D1DF8F7D.jpg (1530x2537, 1.1M)

Attached: black-clover-screenshot-5.jpg (1920x1080, 132K)

Is just the best currently published series from the JUMP, but still shit.

I see someone hasn't read MHA

>He thinks MHA is anywhere near the best manga of JUMP

Shit taste detected

> decent
The fuck?
This series is freaking amazing!!

Manga is better.
Peirot pads it out to hell. Episode 8 only covers half of Chapter 6

Shut your trap gigguk and take your crunchyroll money elsewhere!

>Black C lover
>good

Spbp.

>decent
>shit

Attached: ass.jpg (308x307, 49K)

Because they're all herospics who can't accept their manga won't become the next cornerstone of jump

Attached: but it did get worse.jpg (1218x2462, 576K)

>Talk shit about BC and MHA
>Praises Kimetsu, Jujutsu and TPN, which are the same shit or even worse but less popular.

t. contr/a/ri/a/n

its generic as fuck.

Why are you typing like idiots?

>won't become the next cornerstone of jump
It already is, whether you like it or not.
>energy from wishing meme again
It's funny that that became an ~argument~ to offend the series, but in terms of development it has never been used.

Why is it every time someone wants to defend or promote Black Clover it's always some sort of backhanded compliment? Is it so bad that someone can't just say that they like it?
Everything I've seen about it looks like the most standard shounen garbage possible

This page got me and I'm rarely emotional

there's no such thing as decent shonen
at least not any modern shonen

Those three are objectively better and you are mad because people like it more than those two.

Black Clover is aggressively okay

also its current arc has taken way too fucking long

The artstyle is so ugly

You're on Yea Forums.

Most anons are midwits.

Attached: 1545726225179.jpg (1054x692, 117K)

Both kimetsu and Neverland are significantly better than Hero or black clover.

but what about Jump + superior series like jigokuraku or Soloist in a cage?

Attached: D2HmGuLXgAUrWFN[1].jpg (1024x768, 266K)

It's not Bleach. That's how I know its a bad shounen.

>Kimetsu: asspulls and power ups all the time
>Neverland: no stakes and moralfag sues
>Jujutsu: lame ass pacing and style over substance development
The same fucking shit.

I'm looking for a good entertaining anime that doesn't necessarily have to be smart.
Which is better, this or mahouka koukou no rettousei?

It's literally just fairy tail with better fights and less fanservice. Still dogshit.

"style" for jujutsu? its ugly as shit though

Still better than anything else in jump that has less fanservice, worse fights and worse plot than FT.

>jujutsu
>style
Hell no. The powers, the designs, the world are all painfully boring and bland as possible.

"its similar to other series" seems like a strange complaint given that the series people compare it to were themselves huge ripoffs of other stuff (naruto ripping of ninku for example)

all media is """influnced""" by what came before, especially in an insular culture like japan

Still better than any other shounen right now.
>b-but muh Hunter x Hunter
Dude, its over, let it go already.

>Being into ActAge and Dr.Stone

Atypical shonen is the best shonen, lads.

It's shit because he keeps screaming. Surely the manga is decent since you can't hear the screams.

Neverland was only great during the first arc, the second arc was good but that was it and the third arc was pants on head retarded, everything after the third arc is so bad new chapters don't even get threads, is on Shokugeki no Souma tier right now.

>Dr. Stone

black clover is fine by all accounts, the current arc is dragging imo
dont listen to youtube and twitter "influencer" faggots

i dropped neverland, i agree the first arc was fucking great
what went wrong bros?

Starting concept was too strong to follow up in a weekly schedule. At least they didn't just keep finding contrived reasons to do a re-thread of it like pic related.

Attached: enigma_1440_900[1].jpg (1024x640, 288K)

What a trash art style

when it started to be more about action instead of mind games. like the fight vs luis was so boring because in the end it just came down to kids "outskilling" a super experienced super athletic monster, which made no sense

Jesus, this is basically plagiarism

Attached: 1557298717411s.jpg (96x125, 3K)

yeah but black clover does it better. that's why it's good, it takes the good stuff and leaves the bad

There’s not a single original idea in BC

maybe if you completely ignore all context

Attached: 3B61DA7B-2FF7-4498-A947-B508075DE3FE.jpg (520x1128, 144K)

who has original ideas nowadays? a lot of battle shounen follow the exact same formula and nobody complains about that

So you are saying the people who like black clovers are idiots or prodigies, nothing in between?

Never seen anyone on Yea Forums say BC is better than HxH, but it is universally agreed by everyone with a brain that BC is better than MHA.

>Neverland was only great during the first arc
>O MY BABY AMNESIA
>O MY FAKE CLIFFHANGER
>O MY LET'S JUST JUMP THE FUCKING WALL
First arc is overrated. 7/10 at best.

yes

>but it is universally agreed by everyone with a brain that BC is better than MHA.
For awhile Yea Forums shat on BC threads. Don't remember what BNHA/BC arcs it flipped.

Retard

the manga is fine but the anime is pure trash

Probably after the AfO fight where the series started going downhill

They wanted to have their cake and eat it too. Escaping with all the kids, but pussied out on killing them so they made another safe place exactly like the house with the same enmities like teeth brushing and working plumbing, and just dumped them there. None of the deaths besides Connie's matter

It starts shit but gets good

Reminder: cloverc ucks in Yea Forums defend the anime adaptation

Attached: FA554BD0-1D32-43E0-9848-B5CE8EE11580.jpg (1200x675, 551K)

>wanting the very few and rare thread to become a wasteland for shitposters
miss me

Attached: 12.jpg (190x229, 16K)

>Shokugeki no Souma tier
Neverland May be past its prime but it is most definitely not that bad yet.

Agreed, OP. Shit has a lot of flaws but it's much better than half the stuff that Yea Forums likes. Which is why you never listen to Yea Forums.

>hand in pockets
oy vey

this, and when elf arc started

Nah it’s still shit

Attached: superiority.jpg (1280x720, 440K)

I read all on going series in wsj and i find black clover being the most generic and boring piece of work. I even find the shoujo-ish act age more interesting

so... acording to that pic
>MHA, BC, HxH = below average
>OP, Jojo = just mediocre
looks legit
there is no modern shounen that can be called a masterpiece

>HxH, JoJo, MHA, OP
Good series
>BC
Trash shit

At least it's better than Bnha...
well anything is better than that.

Attached: 1552147502871.png (606x328, 274K)

Attached: reaction image 98.png (700x526, 113K)

The only people that call BC trash are the ones that are not up to date with the manga and only read shit like MHA.

While MHA falls and quality, BC rises and it shows if you compare the actual story arcs of each one to see the difference in quality.

Attached: EAT MEAT.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

10/10 it's OK - user

why do BCfags deflect all criticism of BC with "b-but MHA" like other series being bad makes it good?

Soloist in a cage hasn't had a update in forever. Jigokuraku is fortnite the manga, and pretty good

BC fans have a huge inferiority complex towards MHA, it lives rent free in their heads

probably because mha has mostly the same problems as bc, yet mha is loved by the majority, while only bc is rightfully criticized

MHA has a lot more problems than BC

Hard to have more problems than FT meets Naruto

I can literally see the shit dripping off the page you posted

easy to have less problems than sky high animated

one note characters
shitty and bland character designs
generic medieval setting
reads like a parody of shonen manga
obnoxious mc
lame rivalry
vague magic system that leads to people pulling shit of their ass to resolve problems
etc

clean your toilet

that's not just an Yea Forums or /m/ problem it's Yea Forums problem. Everyone on this fucking site wants to be the opposite of the general consensus:
>Reddit is a bad site only retards post there
while they can hold actual discussion have minimal trolling good staffers and get AMA's from actual celebrities regularly

More than likely if a bunch of 4channers vehemently seem opposed to something on ANY board on this site more than likely outside the echo chamber that is this site it is universally seen as good.

The same works in reverse too, if something seems TOO good on here
>Hunter x Hunter
it is most likely mediocre or maybe decent or good at best but never great, AMAZING, LIFE CHANGING etc.