Why do anime characters act as if Immortality would be a bad thing? Being immortal is literally the goal of humanity

Why do anime characters act as if Immortality would be a bad thing? Being immortal is literally the goal of humanity.

Attached: CE0B43C4-EEA6-434F-B64D-C0F7ECA8D39A.jpg (1024x768, 696K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6c75cOL0G8I
youtube.com/watch?v=uD4izuDMUQA
youtu.be/6JwkaLt9pf8
youtube.com/watch?v=axT_RojfaRs
youtu.be/CN_eL5ukCbw
youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw
youtube.com/watch?v=Sm8oynIP_Vs
youtube.com/watch?v=wdBt9SbNV2k
youtube.com/watch?v=05V19o7KkiY
youtube.com/watch?v=z7oG0vUrpBY
youtube.com/watch?v=d_7bqhshyEg
youtube.com/watch?v=QZADDzxEIJk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Being immortal is literally the goal of humanity.
No it isnt. Nothing is "the goal of humanity".

>Immortality leads to insanity meme
People are stupid.

Being immortal is kinda trash. You se everyone you care about dying while you keep yourself alive.

soi

>caring about anyone but yourself
>being this spooked

You'll get bored a lot quicker, lose motivation, and stop doing anything but mentally rotting once you're immortal.

get outta here nihilist

*hits pipe*
I cannot think of anything more cucked than wanting to live forever.

Attached: 220px-AlanWatts_Bio11.png (220x220, 42K)

Sour grapes

*tips fedora*

Why would you get bored quicker? I do all sorts of things without death in mind. There's no reasons those instincts of an animal that fucks and eats for its own satisfaction are going to just vanish because there's no practical side to those activities

You have that kind of imagination because you're not immortal. It's like dreaming about all the shit you're gunna do after your 8.5 hour day at work but when you get home you just don't feel like doing anything but sitting on the couch or maybe jerking off and eating.

>Being immortal is literally the goal of humanity
What.

You see that shit anyway if you live into your 90's before dying.

There's always new vidya to play and anime to watch. Immortal incels never hollow.

I've always wondered whether or not this is actually well founded, by for example behavioral studies of older people vs younger people, or if it's just an immense level of cope.

Having a daughter that lives forever.

immortality would mean you're barred from entering whatever the next phase of existence is after death

it's easy to say "oh, you mean NOTHINGNESS? *tips hat* but it really doesn't make sense for there to be a blip of consciousness shoehorned between two infinitely long periods of nothingness. if that's really how it is, the odds of being conscious right now are like winning the lottery 100 times in a tow.

But everyone you will know in your endless life will die before you anyways. It makes no sense to live a life where you can do whatever you want because you have all the time you need to do it. Also it would be fucking stressful and annoying at the same time.

Dude I'm already tired of life why would I want to live forever?

Attached: tanya wat.jpg (600x344, 29K)

Why would it makes more sense to have something after death? Just because people are scared of the unknown? That's ridiculous.

That's just being a lazy assshole. That doesn't really have anything to do with immortality

Will we ever get something that oozes the same stylish malevolence that Hellsing does?

We could, but we would also dismiss it as edgy.

Someone has to win that lottery. Honestly, the sooner you realize this is all one big accident the better your life will be

So you're telling me that your brain could endure endlessly without going crazy?

The goal of life is to continue existing and to reproduce

yeah but everyone has to into immortality

otherwise everyone would seem like a goldfish to you

I hope Hirano revisits it after he finishes Drifters

I always thought that an argument against true immortality is that sooner or later the universe itself will die and as an immortal you can't die so you're stuck in eternal nothingness.
It makes a big difference if immortal means not being able to die of natural causes like aging or disease or true immortality like the hourai people from 2hu

Attached: sadmokou.png (865x1226, 752K)

That has nothing to do with the lethargy shit they're talking about, but who the fuck knows? I assume immortality means the brain isn't breaking down in the most basic sense, but I assume anything else is more of a personal matter

The universe started itself up once, no reason to think it won't start itself up again.

>wanting to live forever...

Attached: r0gn6eue4mxz.png (1024x576, 646K)

Just make the people you like immortal too.

Well there's two kinds of immortality, I think everyone wants the immortality where you can't get sick and can't age or be unhealthy. But once it's an immortality where you can't even kill yourself, things get a lot more difficult. There's no longer a point to anything. You can give yourself the most insane goal but once you accomplish it in a few hundred years at worst you'll still have to keep living, you'll run out of things to achieve. Also, there's a huge divide between what periods you were immortal for. Did you start as a caveman or in ancient civilization or was it just a few hundred years ago or today? You'd have totally different views of it all based on those things. Imagine watching the entire human race behave like the primitive barbarians they are for millennia instead of just a few years.

It depends on the kind of immortality and if the world is worth being immortal and sticking around for.

I'd like the immortality system more if I could chose if I wanted to be able to die or not at will. That way when the world ends I won't be trapped in eternal nothingness forever.

/thread

we're still primitive barbarians now, don't even have a single space colony yet
the sea of the stars will be the true test of mankind's maturity

I'm getting mixed messages here

OP is Chinese.

lewd

Already saw that in phoenix by tezuka

I'd still want to be immortal 2bh
Existing > Not Existing

not entirely true

while i agree that life is the antithesis to change (towards a lower energetic level) humans (and many other lifeforms) have chosen the branch of iteration which accepts death as a part of the circle to become better.
while there are lifeforms that chose the branch of stagnation, or what you call immortality, those do not evolve and will in the end die to a change they might not be prepared for, where our path might find solutions for it.

So no our goal is not immortality.

without death, life would turn stagnate

Attached: thanos & death4.jpg (1712x1321, 819K)

What's "immortality" though
One day the planet will be consumed by the sun. What happens to immortal people then?

>humans have chosen the branch of iteration which accepts death as a part of the circle
The majority of human religion would like a word with you.

>Existing > Not Existing
>implying

Attached: d2d.png (600x390, 210K)

Old people are cunts. Last thing we need is a 1000 year old screaming about how good it was "back in the day" and how shit everyone is.

>t. zoomer

I know Existence, I do not know Non-Existence
I'll stick with what I know even if I must suffer

Attached: 1554165962322.gif (335x237, 1.81M)

everlasting youth (will never age or get sick, but can be killed)
eternal life (live forever, never changing)
immortality (can't be killed, but will slowely age)
invunerable (can't be harmed or get sick/diseased)

pick one

Attached: Asuka phoenix.jpg (1722x1715, 744K)

i'd counter with one word: fiction
or maybe two: wishful thinking

youtube.com/watch?v=6c75cOL0G8I

Attached: kurumi.gif (500x281, 788K)

Where's the "die immediately" option?

Attached: noose.jpg (479x720, 45K)

Let me get this straight:
There is such a thing as a soul.
One soul.
Not yours.
But God.

You are the conscious Universe experiencing itself subjectively through a human nervous system.
You are eternal, have never been born and cannot die.
The bio space suit that you call your body will perish, but consciousness will remain in the universe.

>bawwwww
Nobody is able to educate you how to actually have fun, that's your work. The biggest fails in life are those old people who cling to their fading social relations as their singular source of fun. That's the biggest tragedy I saw and continue seeing, in my life.

This.

Immortalityfags need to leave. Gensokyo only has one entrance and as citizens of Yea Forums, it is our job to make sure we all get there safely. No man left behind.

Exactly. You said humans 'chose to accept death', except that they didn't. They fear and hate it so much they delude themselves into believing in an afterlife. Most people want to continue living in some form or another.

Invulnerability will always be better than immortality

The goal of many great civilizations was trying to crack the immortality nugget. Greek, China, India, etc.
Humans are afraid of death, it’s only logical to want to be alive longer.

Why wouldn't anyone pick eternal life? I mean, it'd get really boring after the sun explodes, for awhile, but my brain capacity will have turned over enough times that I wouldn't care.

maybe, maybe not
well, who can tell really

well, yea I meant on a biological level not on a psychological
On a psychological level its only natural for a living thing to fear death, otherwise it would hardly be able to fulfill its biologically programmed? given? purpose

I don't get how Steve Jobs is dead. Must've been religion. There's no way we can't keep a human alive indefinitely with 100 billion dollars. We kept a dog alive without a body.

I laughed.

Attached: kekold.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

>but my brain capacity will have turned over enough times that I wouldn't care.
This is what immortality-pro users don't understand. No matter how immortal you are, your brain is going to shit the bed at some point until you no longer recognize the world in any meaningful way.

>I don't get how Steve Jobs is dead.
He was a retard and insisted on using alternative medicine instead of actual fucking doctors.

He believed in “natural” medicine (oils, crystals, etc). He has an entirely preventable cancer but decided to use “natural” medicine. He said he regretted it on his death bed.

>You are the conscious Universe experiencing itself subjectively through a human nervous system.
Oh looky, someone's been doing DMT in the last couple of hours. You ok user? How was that rocket ride, good shit huh?

Anime is by no means the only medium that tends to portray immortality in a bad light. There's tons of Western fiction that calls into question whether or not being immortal is even a good thing.

It stops the pain from losing loved ones though. I mean as long as your brain doesn't decay, you'll be fine but your memories will begin becoming overwritten.

The biological form is a limitation that humans should transcend.
>tfw ywn download your consciousness into a cyberbrain and stop aging entirely

>he doesn't have a bunch of immortal geniuses and dorks to recreate the universe

Attached: 048.jpg (1360x1935, 485K)

is this it?
the ultimate and final cuck?

Attached: 1549404556462.jpg (720x888, 334K)

Does it stop the pain though? From the looks of it you'll just go through a cycle of loved ones until you either give up or fall into despair. You'd also have to move every 30 years and you can't let anyone find out about your immortality because the government would immediately want to examine and experiment on you cause lets be real, that shit is immortality, even just from a scientific aspect, that would be impossible to pass up.

>existing in a timeless void in which you slowly drift though space through all eternity is better than just dying
Nah

Your memories are being overriten all the time, unless you have photographic memory. It seems logical than an immortal human, even perfectly healthy only remembers bits and things of it´s past.

>Death is a part of life
>Without death, life is meaningless
>Wanting to experience a meaningless existence
Immortality fags can have their cursed existence. Can't wait to watch you losers go crazy while I chill in Heaven.

>mortals catching you
I don't think idiots would become immortal in the first place

After a few trillion years the universe with reboot, its better than being dead.

Unless you were killed by dracula or other supernatural creature with comparable power, since in that case your soul would be trapped in him rather than go to heaven.

Then again, the odds are that you are going to hell.

If you were an immortal with dimension slipping powers like Bolt Crank you'd never get bored.

Immortality sounds like a horrible fate to me

user, immortals are idiots by definition. Anyone who chooses to be immortal is going to get caught the moment they are found out.
In a few thousands years they are going to be so unrecognizable as a "human" because they are genetically outdated that you couldn't even live with other people either.
It would be like a Caveman trying to live with us.

>Me
>Going to Hell
I bet you don't even believe that Jesus is the only path to God you filthy heathen.
Besides, Do you really believe that a monster like Dracula could actually exist? God made the world so that creatures like that cannot possible exist. There is nothing that can bind my soul to anything but God, so there is literally no chance of my soul being used as a battery for some undead faggot.

It won't be so bad. Unless humanity enters a dark age, I'd just need to get some reconstructive surgery to make your skin darker in about 100 years.

It's not always like Hellsing and is actually a fair bit better, but I get some Hellsing vibes from Red.

Attached: y8.jpg (842x1200, 469K)

Now that I think about it, could you even get surgery? Depending on the immortality, a knife wouldn't be able to cut the skin of someone who is invulnerable.

Before anyone says being immortal will hurt.
No, you would not feel pain anymore since pain is the body's reaction in keeping you alive.

>seras will never squish your head like a grapefruit

Attached: [CBM]_Hellsing_Ultimate_-_01_-_[1080p-AC3]_[7B4A1D84].webm (720x540, 378K)

And? That's part of life, man.

That has got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Of course you'd still feel pain, your nervous system would be thrown completely out of whack if you couldn't. You'd probably just start getting use to pain, but you'd still feel it.

Yes, but at least you wont have to live forever having to watch your loved ones die. Eventually you will die too and join them.

Yes, but it will happen with whoever you will met in your endless life. Looks kinda painful.

Yeah, but you're also fucking old at 90's. If you had your body at peak perfomance you could just keep living. Now if you need to take 5 pills after you wake up, your whole body hurts, who would want to live like that.

>Complaining about the gift of Ilúvatar

I bet you would also like to be an elf, fucking faggot.

And if only you are immortal then you have to watch everything you love die. Favorite authors? Dead in a dew mere decades. Countries? Good luck finding one that lives for centuries without changing an insane degree. Family? Dead. Friends? Dead. SA? dead. 2ch? Dead. Futaba? Dead. YTMND? Dead. Yea Forums? Dead. Kyoani? Dead. Gainax? Worse than dead. And so on.

>Ilúvatar
My nibba. These dumbasses probably fell for the Cult of Melkor memes.

Immortality sounds incredibly boring in the long term. Once you've done everything, what's there left to do for the rest of forever?

This. How could someone want to keep doing meaningless shit until eternity? A lifetime is enough

Tbh I would love it, I would be the guardian of the Earth, spending my efforts to guide society to everlasting peace and prosperity. When humanity goes extinct I will continue to watch over the evolution of Earth, awaiting the day for the next intelligent lifeforms if that ever comes. I will tell the story of mankind and probably treated as some god.

When the earth goes extinct I will simply sleep for all eternity. To awaken the next day my body comes to a planet with life.

Sounds fun.

But what do you do after that?

Only reason I haven’t offed myself is because I want to see how my favorite mangos end.

>Why do anime characters act as if Immortality would be a bad thing?
>anime characters
This is a staple of fiction older than dirt. People both want to live forever but appreciate the ephemeral nature of life. Not only that, you have to look at the specific form of immortality any particular character is bitching about, Alucard is an abomination in both his eyes and the eyes of God. He seeks to die at the hand of someone bursting with humanity so he can finally cease to be a monster and rest. Outside of that he revels in the bloodshed and violence.

Frankly, I'd prefer being able to die painlessly whenever I decide to, even if it goes beyond my natural lifespan. Everything needs an end, and having the luxury of deciding mine without any outside interference appeals to me. It'd be the ultimate victory of Man vs Nature, not only to be able to live indefintely, but to end it entirely of your own free will.

The finale is by far my favorite part of Hellsing.

Attached: x6.jpg (728x1092, 126K)

>Debateing over a fantasy
>tries to include 'muh brain degradation'
Look if immortality is giving never ending life, immunity to sickness, possibly injury, probably regeneration. Dont you think our brains being able to handle it would be part of the package?
You can argue that personally you couldnt do it from an emotional point, but dont act like everyone would break down.

Eh, there's an argument to be made if, after experiencing things for far longer than any human lifespan, you'd even remain the same person. Not in an "immortality makes you crazy" kind of way, but more like "are you really still yourself by the time the memories of your original lifetime become such an insignificantly small part of what you can remember"? More of an identity issue.

>implaying that downplaying humanity to just one goal is anything but bullshit
self preservation is 1 goal of any living creature, but you are wrong
otherwise suicide wouldnt be a thing

I will find it, user.
speaking of which Hermits seems like the top human existence

Attached: Th155Miko.png (795x666, 518K)

I never understood this. The fact that you are immortal means that you will be able to love again, and meet other people that you will fall in love with and love as family too. And when they die, you can find others. It keeps things fresh.

Attached: 1539611981687.png (495x323, 154K)

so you become kinda like olgierd from witcher 3 eh?

>bunch of fags worried about seeing their loved ones dying

you can always fuck off from this planet and explore the vast universe become knowledgeable and so you could become a god and create your own galactic empire you dumbfucks weakling humans with so limited knowledge
no wonder you're all fucking losers because you refuse see yourself beyond

The only reason to be immortal was if you turned into a cute girl in the process.

If you become immortal you have all the time you could need to figure out how to become a cute girl.

>riding the dick eternal

absolutely disgusting
no wonder the entire population on this planet irrelevant and irredeemable
none of you are worthy of the great enlightenment of the cosmoS

After a point you'll adopt a mindset of "done it before" or "now x, now that was a thing!". Doomed to be a boomer.

Being immortal would be fucking scary tho

If you die that's it, but imagine being alive after the sun makes earth just a giant burning piece of rock or pulling a Kars and being trapped for eternity in space

Attached: 1557947725926.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

Being a cute immortal girl is the only reason to live forever.

>Humanity is finished
>spend a couple billion years drifting in space, continuously choking to death, burning from radiation, freezing, etc
>finally drift to some promising looking galaxy
>miss the nice planet and get sucked in some poisonous gas giant

Being immortal is amazing, as long as you have a way to end it - so you don't exist until the death of the universe or end up trapped/floating through space forever, or similar situations.

>implying bunch of horn dogs wouldn't try to rape you for decades if not centuries
>or even imagine getting yourself caught by bunch of psycho elites just so they could harvest your organs or even rape you multiple times all in the name of moloch

It's fine as long as I'm cute

Hermits are pretty CHAD. While everyone else is busy trying to get the attention of others or deny their need for the attention of others, Hermits are just sorta there, existing.

so no different than being an whore not dying from drug overdose

Cute girls don't do drugs

It's not you who'd be doing it
it's those people who caught you who'll inject you with multiple needles
while getting your shit pushed in
literally

Cute immortal girls are immune to needles and what they contain.

Everyone I care about is already dead. Doesn't stop me from wanting to live long enough to see human land on another planet.

It’s the fact that we’ve all won the lottery 100 times in a row that makes our life so horrible, mystical, and miraculous.

>only one guy mentioned the potential horror of immortality
Getting captured and tortured forever or trapped underground in concrete would be literal hell and mind breaking.
Centuries upon millenniums of tortures and trapped with no light or being able to breath but still alive.
Pain constantly from stabbing, beatings, acid, crushing, injections from chemicals and sharp objects in your ass.

Excuse me but,you sound like you see people as nothing but toys cause that's not how relationships work

I've read somewhere that our brain experiences time somewhat weirdly. For example, the time you remember from year 10 to 20 would be the same when it's 20 to 40 or 40 to 80. So if you're thousands of years old, millennia would feel like a couple of decades at most. I doubt anyone would care that much at that point about other people dying.

I'd sleep and daydream for fucking eons That's a fucking reward.

If you think this way, it means that those relationships didn't actually mean anything to you to begin with. If people are so easily replaced for you, then what you perceive as 'love' is just a misunderstanding of what that actually is.

Alucard didn't hate immortality, he didn't even believe in it. He hated that he was weak enough to sell his soul to escape the fear of death and became the eldritch horror he is, unable to even enjoy life.

Love is just chemical reactions.

Baccano has the best version of immortality, which is one that lets you die whenever you want, you just have to get another immortal to kill you. This way you don't have to live forever or worry about death as much. I don't understand why more authors don't explore conditional immortality instead of making it a zero-sum game, but I guess it's easier to justify mortality that way.

Attached: color_girl07.jpg (450x690, 88K)

>All those fucks wanting immortality.
What is wrong with you?

Not all immoralities are equal.

It is ultimately something that only benefits the very well off. The generally look forward to being able to live peacefully and not constantly working for money to survive. But you can't look forward to that if you're alive forever.

Who'd want to live to see the decay of the entire universe?

2019 is a nice year to attain immortality
Just fucking kill me if I had to live before the invention of the Internet

this. not only that but also the fact that nothing's fun when you know you're going to live forever.
if everyone lived forever there'd be no urgency.
you wouldnt travel while young, you wouldn't tell a girl you like her, date her and pop out some kids. you wouldnt enjoy childhood or your kid's childhood.
you'd just gradually do a hobby until you've mastered it, get bored, take up a new hobby and repeat until you've done everything.

If it's possible somehow for my universe to sustain immortal creatures that can live past the destruction of our solar system then it should be possible to create societies and structures that will accompany my endless journey.

If my immortality doesn't break the laws of physics then I have nothing to worry about, I'll be dead with the rest of you suckers eventually. Better latter than sooner.

After some time you would literally stop caring. You really think one million years from now you will be crying about Mike who existed in 3000CE? Of course not.

This, why the FUCK would I want to spend an eternity paying taxes?

Attached: 1549955686114.jpg (640x640, 55K)

>you cant die
No sweetie your molecules gonna get stretched apart in 10^90 years from now.

Depends on the immortality in question if it just means you stop aging that means you have to wage slave to keep alive. If it means you literally dont need anything to stay alive then its completely fine as you can just fuck off into the wild for millenia doing what you feel like.

user by that time fucking atoms would no longer exists, let alone molecules

>you'd just gradually do a hobby until you've mastered it, get bored, take up a new hobby and repeat until you've done everything.
like lotr elves?
>mastered literature, art and metalworking because "we wont die any time soon lmao"

And since time isn't linear living from 1000 to 2000 years old would feel the same as living from 10 to 20.

Humans don’t like to think they’re missing out so they try to rationalize mortality.

It's not like 2000 or even 10k years, it's forever, infinity is a concept that human mind can't even comprehend.

Oh look it's this thread again

Immortality will exist (and actually probably already does) through personality transplants. Your body's cool, but in the end what makes you you is your personality, as seen when you communicate on the Internet. The elite have already implied they're able to put your personality into a vessel. All you would need to do then is avoid being crushed, deactivated, hacked, etc. And since everything can be hacked this is of course a very flawed system. You'll see personality hacks within 20-30 years.

but what happens when there's only one immortal left?

If you could be young forever what the fuck would stop you from becoming rich eventually? Literally doing the bare minimum would get you rich eventually.

youtu.be/6JwkaLt9pf8

Then just make everyone you care about immortal then fag or revive them.

Find a new hobby. Go to another country. Rinse, repeat.
You literally can't run out of stuff to do and you've got all the time to focus on whatever you fancy at the moment..

Hypocrisy and fear. It's easier to fall into denial than accept the incredibly difficult challenge of finding immortality, so a lot of people find ways to justify death.

Attached: 1372081936152.jpg (613x850, 45K)

Actually if you become immortal. You will pretty much become the sage of your species because YOU WILL be the one to lived through the fall of governments and shit.

Unironically YOU would make the ultimate Monarch and prove monarchies actually work with enough education on how governance and military and economics work.

Boredom sucks, immortality gets ride of a lot of innate fears. Going on a Roller Coaster is exciting because of both the speed and energy, but subconsciously after you get off, you knew it could have broken down and you had a very minor tussle with a survival situation. There is also how far does your immortality stretch, even if you could find a way to enjoy your time on earth forever, if Humanity never makes it to space and can travel to other galaxies, you are dooming yourself to literally trillions of years of floating around in space. If you are lucky the big crunch wins out over the heat death, then you might be lucky enough to end up on a planet that can support life and be around in billions of years when intelligent life spawns.

Attached: IMG0001.jpg (1256x1786, 457K)

invulnerable assuming I won't age either

They got fucked on the next timeline cause sakuya died from natural cases.

i have never wanted to live forever
then i read fire punch
and now i REALLY don't want to live forever

Life is only meaningful because it ends. An eternal life might as well be the same as death.

>monsters

Attached: The_major_prof.jpg (614x333, 45K)

My life is already meaningless
May as well take the offer, I have nothing to lose

My waifu is immortal, hence I need to become immortal as well so I can spend eternity with her.

Still beats going to hell.
At least you can just wait it out.

I always thought that it would be pretty scary to be immortal. What if there is a nuclear war, or a extinction level event? Basically only you survive, and have to continue living in a barren wasteland forever. Or what if u get the cement shoes treatment, and have to spend time under the sea? Not being able to die, when things go wrong, is a terrible fate.

Personality means shit all.
It’s your consciousness that matters, and if you transfer personality without transferring that then all that happens is that you make a copy of yourself who gets to enjoy eternity while you still grow old and die.

Imagine being sentenced to life imprisonnement without parole after fucking up. What an administrative shitshow that would be...

Attached: a.jpg (4286x2845, 906K)

Being immortal would be fucking awful. Disregarding the really shitty excuse of "Oh, but you'll have to experience everyone you know and love dying!", it's an absolutely horrible curse. Fucking imagine for an instant that if you were immortal, you have to realize that the end of the planet is an inevitability for you, that the and of the sun and solar system is a thing you have to look forward to, that you'll need to cope with the fact that you will inevitably spend all your time suffocating and spinning endlessly in a cold, endless vaccuum, eternally hurtling in some random direction long past the end of the universe. The chance of you hitting any body is astronomically tiny, you'll never go fast enough to leave the galaxy and that every waking moment is nothing but eternal suffering and nothing will ever end it. You will suffer past the end of matter, and when nothing is left, only you will remain, trapped in an eternal void of absence screaming in silence wishing for an ending to your life that will never come.

Fuck...

The best doujishi. Being immortal and getting spaghettied by a black hole must be fucking horrifying. Thank god Kaguya controls eternity so that they could enter the new universe.

fpbp

being immortal but being able to kill yourself at any time is the final redpill

Attached: 1553604921099.jpg (1024x1024, 196K)

>t. actual sociopath

If you were to be exploded out of the atmosphere by a planetary event, you will be flung at such a high speed that you will go too fast to ever be affected enough by the gravitational pull of a sun or any other interstellar object that you will never hit anything, ever. Even if you did, would landing in a sun and being cooked alive for billions of years until you eventually get raped by extreme gravity as the sun implodes or getting catapulted back out by solar flares or the sun exploding any better? Shit, even if you did land on a planet by some miracle, you're pretty much doomed to suffer endless starvation and dehydration as the chances of landing on an earth-like planet is still really low, so not only is the chances of landing on a planet almost zero, you're taking another gamble to land on an earth-like planet.

Why did the Doctor decide to make their ultimate weapon against Alucard a cute catboy? Was this really necessary?

Speak for yourself; I'm happy knowing that one day I'm going to die.

Fuck you transhumanist.

Immortality is great until entropy catches up to you.

This "lottery" analogy is fucking stupid. Imagine a computer saying to itself "I won the lottery of being alive!" when you are the one who created it in the first place. We're not some souls waiting to be born on a queue, we are made.

You sound like a giant bitch. And you're wrong.

Attached: 1557454377765.jpg (453x400, 42K)

Do you want to everyone's collective endless failure forever? Do you not want some time to just rest forever?

>boohoo death of solar systems and galaxies
I'll just sleep forever you nerds.

>everyone on earth dies so you're stuck on an empty rock
>still alive
>earth itself gets destroyed so you're stuck floating in space for the rest of eternity
>still alive

yeah immortality sure sounds fun

Focusing on only two outcomes out of infinite.
You're a dumb little nigger, aren't you? You make me mad.
You make me sick.

Attached: 1557256432253.jpg (531x441, 60K)

The planet exploding, the solar system ending, the universe ending are all inevitable.

Technically doctor did not make the catboy, hitler did.

>Events that won't happen until over one billion years in the future
>He stayed on Earth the entire time
Don't worry user, through sheer length of time you won't be as stupid by then.

>100 times in a row

Refard. More like 100 to the power of 100, and that's before considering the likelyhood of the Solar System existing in a form that enables life, or universal constants being what they are.

>Assuming they wouldn't be stupid

You seriously underestimate stupidity.

>I can see the future
Okay fuckboy.

Even if you do leave the planet, you're essentially living on borrowed time until the galaxy ends. You'll never be able to go fast enough to catch up to any other galaxy, as they're constantly moving away from us. Even if you do, have fun galaxy hopping until the universe ends. You're absolutely fucked inevitably, one way or another, given enough time.

Everyone agrees everything will end at some point for some reason. There's no reason to assume everyone else is wrong.

>hurr durr HOW DO U NO PLANET DIE HUH
Go shove books up your rotten man cave, you ignorant cock pumper.

>Leaving Earth

Beyond wishful thinking, there is no reason to assume that there is even a single other place in universe that is hospitable to human life, or if there is humans would ever reach them. So, immortality will give you a few hundreds millions years of live, and then so many billions years of torment in conditions lethal for human life that you would need scientific notation for the number.

Even if you wave the same magic wand that made you immortal to find more places to live, that would just stretch the beginning of your torment to the moment the last stars die out - and that's when time still would be barely at the its beginning.

No fucking shit? We'll probably just find a way to cancel it before then because it's such a long fucking time away is what I'm saying, you fucking dumbasses. Good god.

Attached: 1557525411949.jpg (231x205, 16K)

Exactly. I worked with a lot of old people and pretty sure most of them actually want to die partially because of that.

That's IF IT'S EVEN POSSIBLE WHICH MOST SOURCES AGREE IT IS NOT.

So unless our understanding of science or religious documents is horribly wrong and it's just coincidence we even got this advanced with flawed logic, you're wrong.

Life only has the chance of having any meaning because it can end.
No matter how many things you do, you will always outlive your ability to enjoy them. Eternity is a long fucking time. Raven from Guilty Gear is a great example of a character that deals with this.

Attached: 1496128165147.png (1100x813, 745K)

10/10 post

Attached: laughing vampire.gif (457x251, 1.32M)

its entirely possible that we have everything we know about science, math and the universe we exist in is completely wrong. Being immortal would make a person go insane if he/she doesnt have amnesia or some other memory wiping disease. People depend on their beliefs and values to create a reality that makes sense to them. In a thousand years, all common sense before a thousand year would not apply. Remember, the entirity of well recorded human history is less than 5000 years.

This. Don't listen to the other anons.

>>He stayed on Earth the entire time
Why? So I can move to another planet that will inevitably end? And that's making the generous assumption that it even ends up being possible. lmao retard

This honestly.

Attached: 1545006922535.jpg (795x1036, 132K)

>not using your immortal life to build a megastructure that harvests energy off a supermassive blackhole

I guess I'd still be fucked at the end of time but maybe you can find a way to create a new universe by then

This sounds like the perfect thing to waste time on for an immortal. I can't even think of a good reason to do so, just for the sheer hell of it.

Read Dune. I think it explores pretty well the concept of living a really fucking long time, especially in God Emperor.

>you wouldnt travel while young, you wouldn't tell a girl you like her, date her and pop out some kids, you wouldnt enjoy childhood

I haven't done any of these things and I'm a mortal being.

You can't cancel fucking entropy, retard.

Attached: 1539449596824.jpg (440x251, 75K)

Just the fact that your brain does not have infinite storage capacity would fuck you up really fucking hard.

>all these idiots going 'well maybe there will be a way to escape the end of the universe'
Ya'll are ignoring a key thing, the fact that your mind would not be alterable. You'd retain a mind that would be considered by any far off advanced life as profoundly stupid if even capable of intelligent thought, unable to even comprehend the breakthroughs of the future beings and let's not forget that language would be so foreign, so alien by then that your speech might not register as anything more than bestial grunts. Who'd want to live to the point that they're seen as nothing more than an idle curiosity, a living fossil that is given not admiration, but pity. Any salvation from the end would be out some advancing being's charity and allowing you to escape with them, but even that might not be possible as your body might be entirely incomparable.

I actually like this thread a lot.

Attached: 5d33655488e05e6de666c082df05939c--funny-posts-funny-shit.jpg (236x245, 9K)

Attached: fp.jpg (827x1300, 79K)

Which is why reincarnating is better.

finite storage and memory overload are a meme
not even photographic memory people come close to reaching storage limits and normally you're able to forget or cluster/compress things

I guess you would go like "well in those couple thousand years nothing really happened" and just save that as memory for that timespan if you lived for a really long time.

true, but theres so much shitty lifeforms you can reincarnate as.

at that point we probably won't live on earth

Absolute immortality should only ever be the consequence of ascendancy into supreme power and knowledge. Only way to never get fucked over by it in any capacity.

Attached: Space Gods.png (1280x1274, 3.43M)

It's like Stockholm syndrome. Death is inevitable so people try to spin it as if it's somehow desirable and a good thing.

>Being immortal is literally the goal of humanity.

Attached: question mark.png (1280x720, 1.12M)

You are always yourself, you with 20 years of experience is the same you with 20k years of experience.

>The finale is by far my favorite part of Hellsing.
too bad its ruined by him returning with schrodingers power, the major did nothing wrong

Attached: 1551392149433.jpg (1911x1210, 1.41M)

buddhist influence

this, but becoming immortal before ascending will make it easier to figure out how to ascend

this is pretty much the answer to OP's question, immortality is a big no no in Buddhism

Attached: 1554656342508.jpg (1120x1580, 1.24M)

Watch Phoenix last episode. Immortal being seen and dreaming about how they would fucking die, including god. Phoenix literally get jealous when people die, and go to punishing them.

Still I would go for becoming celestial immortal and not some "cursed with immortality" being.

Buddhism is big no no after all. No sane mind would willingly choose Buddhism after all.

For sometime you can have fun, but when eternal loneliness will come, and you wish for eternal sleep, until life begin to appear again. Come to think of it, immortality should be only about stopping aging.

>Still I would go for becoming celestial immortal and not some "cursed with immortality" being.

It's the same thing or even worse.

Did you ever had a pet that has died on you?

Does anyone to that 3d animation where a kid is offered like a billion yen but he has to live for 10 billion years? Forgot the title.

Not having to worry about disease or being harmed is nice but living for way too long will drive anyone insane.

Yeah, find another pet.

Ever read xianxia? Celestial immortal compared to western immortals is like haven to earth. In the grand scheme of things they may be quite weak but still far more powerful than Alucard for example.

Not this user but yeah, sad at first, right now a fond memory.

Weak minds, immortality shall be attained not given.

What about cryogenic sleep. Easy money huh.

youtube.com/watch?v=axT_RojfaRs
It doesn't matter, when all life dies and you still live there a real trouble begins.

youtu.be/CN_eL5ukCbw

You don't seem to understand, you live forever. You don't have like 100k years to live, it's forever, a concept that uman mind can't even comprehend.

This, being Phenix sucks.

So you find new people to care about. It's not like we don't already lose people as time goes on. We mourn for a while, and we get over it. Why would an immortal not be able to go through this process an indefinite number of times?

This one?
youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw

>So you find new people to care about.
What to do, when all life dies, and resets until unknown time.

Presumably you eventually go tired of it and eventually hit a wall where you struggle to find any enjoyment in life due to lack of real new experiences. Unless you're gifted with terrible memory, I'd imagine you'd eventually just run out people and things to experience. Especially if that immortality prevents sleep. I guess it would really just depend on the rules.

Immortality is only appealing at all if there's an easy way out whenever you get sick of living. Otherwise the endless years of seeing everything wither and die around you, as well as having to move around constantly and conceal yourself to avoid people finding out about it is going to wear you down eventually.

Not to mention the shitty situations you might end up if you're TRULY unable to die, like imagine you piss the wrong people off, they knock you out and make you sleep with the fishes. Now you're stuck drowning for years and years until you can finally get free and drift to shore somewhere. Or if a government finds out about you and gets ahold of you to perform experiments on you to figure out the secrets to your longevity.

Anderson should've killed Alucard in the end and won.

Debate me you faggots.

Because eventually you’ll end up like this.

Attached: 8F2687F3-119C-45A2-BEBA-BE919C89EE4A.jpg (589x521, 64K)

Monster can't kill monster.

That was a bullshit asspull that Alucard pulled out at the last second because Anderson trumped him. Anderson became the living embodiment of everything he believed in and sought to protect. Alucard was just pissed off that things weren't going his way so he just made up some contrived loophole to explain away killing Anderson.

>Here try and kill me while I constantly retreat behind thousands of damned souls
>Oh you've got a secret weapon
>Oh shit, it actually can kill me
>M-MONSTERS CAN'T KILL MONSTERS, now stand there while I kill you

Could be a nice epic space adventure. Imagine going so far that you find an alien planet and they adopt you. Then the alien race's matriarch finds your crumpled penis after exploring your crevices and uses her alien superiority to bring you to orgasm over and over and over again inside her alien sexual organ in order to keep her race alive for all eternity. Sounds like heaven.

If Monster kill monster, there is will be another monster. To kill monster you someone with a sanity like an angel or human.

Find something else to do. Explore things that normal people could never explore. The universe is infinite. Whining about being immortal while the immortal in question just sits there whining about being immortal is a giant wasted opportunity. Immortality is wasted on those without an imagination.

Nah, Alucard should've accepted his defeat like the man he was pretending to be. He stacked the odds horrifically, Anderson literally couldn't win even if he made it to Alucard...unless Alucard was just planning on dying deliberately. Alucard put Anderson in a position where he thought he had no choice but to resort to such means to fight all that Alucard was...to which Alucard had a bitch fit.

Literally after infinity years.

Point is not in death of the monster, but what happens next. To move forward, only human with sanity can kill a monster.

I've thought about this a lot.

Being immortal would be like having one of those minor disabilities, like epilepsy or arthritis in the legs

No one else except maybe a doctor would know exactly how it affects you and you would probably have some trouble explaining it to someone. It would result in all kinds of inconveniences that other people would imagine as minor but that would cause you a lot of discomfort.

Would be fun having someone start a religion in my name though.

Alucard put Anderson in an unwinnable situation then bitches that he resorted to becoming a monster to win.

Why are people so vehemently against immortality as a concept? Talking like you already know exactly what would happen, like nigga pass me wit dat shizzum.

It's cool when you stop aging, it doesn't cool when you literally can't reborn or die.

Anderson gave up his humanity in order to defeat Alucard.
The Original Hellsing defeated Dracula and he damn sure didn't give up humanity for it. If Anderson had won as an immortal he would be doomed to live the same boring mundane existence and would seek a similar death like Alucard did. Immortals are nothing more than screaming children who go from battlefield to battlefield with the sole intention of dying. Being Human was the one thing Alucard could never have and Anderson sacrificed it like it was nothing

Complete immortality is a lame edgelord dream.
Slow ageing/very powerful regeneration is where it's at.

The issue I have with it is that the flashback of Hellsing talking to the defeated Dracula gives the impression that the manga defeat very closely resembles the Dracula story defeat. It didn't seem like Hellsing needed to wade through thousands of damned souls while knee deep in blood, guts and being attacked by Nazis with Alucard constantly pulling another "LOL FUCK YOU IMMA JUMP BEHIND MORE MEATSHIELD".

Alucard had stupid expectations. It should've been a single duel, that would've proved Alucard's point better than what actually happened. Not to mention Anderson was fucked before he'd even come close to Alucard.

>Talking like you already know exactly what would happen

The best indicator of what would happen is what happens irl when you become an oldfag. Imagine being a baby boomer and not understanding what the fuck problem these millennials have with modern society. Even just imagine being a 30 yo oldfag on Yea Forums and getting pissed off at flavor of the season kids posting their waifus from shitty moe anime.

Now imagine extending that. Imagine you were born as a citizen of ancient Rome who was a-okay with religious persecution of Christians and keeping slaves. Now you live in some modern day country and your attitudes haven't changed. But everyone else thinks slavery and feeding Christians to the lions is wrong. You keep getting upset at how much society doesn't understand.

That is what being immortal would be like.

This, and this is also why wide-spread immortality would stagnate society horribly. People like to pretend that humans are open-minded, adaptable, etc but that occurs over generations as new minds see what was wrong with the old generation and strive to fix it. The average human is stubborn and set in their ways, you'd feel more and more alienated as society changed around you, even if you 'adapt' to it on the surface level, you'd never feel quite like you truly fit in.

Why an immortal need to be an asshole who doesn't understand laws of universe and justice?

youtube.com/watch?v=Sm8oynIP_Vs
Bieng wolverine is sucks too.

Do you have a grandparent or elderly relative who believes in very backward ideas, that modern society does not accept?

realistically speaking immortality will not be attainable if you are not rich by now and if someone were to be immortal that would mean to question everything forever which sounds tiresome, because at some point you have to stop thinking about existence and find your own answer, which will then be assumed by death

>backward ideas
But those ideas are correct. Its the society thats wrong.

Logan's suffering doesn't come from his healing factor, it comes from him being a deranged canadian manlet.

Being in the past, is wrong. Need always go advancing.

Yeah, I want to be forever 17 years old.

Why not both?

Forget having to adapt to new generations. Being immortal means living until the sun inevitably goes out, earth expires, wandering through the dark expanse of space for millions of years at a time if you’re lucky enough to impact some celestial body.

This always pissed me off too. Seems incredibly retarded to try to represent immortality as something bad. I think it's just an obvious damage control. Since humans can't attain immortality they'll just try to convince themselves that they don't need it and it's bad. Pretty simple.

This. But they are only lying to themselves.

youtube.com/watch?v=wdBt9SbNV2k
Until you don't have experienced being immortal after trillion years, don't say things like this.

Imagine being immortal and live infinity? What will you do?

Being immortal with godlike omnipotence and unlimited cosmic power wouldn’t be so bad.
Being an immortal human would eventually be pure suffering.

>Being immortal with godlike omnipotence and unlimited cosmic power wouldn’t be so bad.
Hmmm... explain please?

>"Oh, but you'll have to experience everyone you know and love dying!"
Meaningless. The moment you become a true immortal, all mortals are already beneath you. Your love for them won't matter much anymore, like, how long will you feel sad if your pet hamster dies?
>You will suffer past the end of matter, and when nothing is left, only you will remain, trapped in an eternal void of absence screaming in silence wishing for an ending to your life that will never come.
Build your fucking spaceship with all the time you have as an immortal.

>Build your fucking spaceship with all the time you have as an immortal.
Good luck with that.

Recently, they found out that after a universe ends, a new one will be born.

Build a space rocket, you goddamn brainlet.

Attached: 250k_003.jpg (620x877, 221K)

>a new one will be born.
What a time to a live, before that happens.

>Imagine being subjected to the tremendous force of a big bang all while feeling pain and being unable to die

Its the modern era we dont need any more new ideas so fuck that stagnation complaint.

you're all fucking retards who dont seem to realize that being immortal means you live forever. Even after everyone you know has died, even after the earth is destroyed, even after all of humanity dies, even after the universe is extinguished, you will be alive. I don't know about you, but the idea of floating through nothingness, all alone and unable to die, for a length of time so long it's inconceivable to the human mind isn't exactly ideal.

The point is Alucard was never a man. Since the very beginning, he was a bitch boy who got jammed in the butt by some roachman. Remember that his favorite form is that of a girl.

immortality does not necessarily mean invincibility

>being an immortal with godlike omnipotence and unlimited cosmic power

I AM THE ONE THE ONLY ONE
I AM THE GOD OF KINGDOM COME
JUST GIMME THE PRIZE

Oh shut up at some point your brain will be able to take in information because it will reach its petabyte storage capacity.

>I will die eventually anyway, so I won't take any measures to improve my life situation for immediate future
Yikes, imagine if anybody was seriously thinking this.
You can figure out what to do with the end of the world in zillion years, when the time comes.

Stop complaining, universe will always reset also multiverse exist.

Multiverse exist just jump to another one that's still alive.

You are a immortal, you should change the world to fix your image instead of adapting to it. With enough time, you can become the president and legalize slavery, persecute Christians again.

It's called the multiverse *theory*, you idiot. It's hypothetical and hasn't been proven.

Why care? You have literal eternity.

What a retard.

Pain is just an illusion of the nervous system, which serves as a warning to tell you about what can threaten you live. It is meaningless to an immortal and if you ever become one, the first thing you should do is getting rid of it.

Shut up and build you own galactic empire if you are too bored.

>just experiment on yourself lmao
Idiot.

I do not want to be immortal, I just want to gorge myself on 5 3 liter sodas every day without killing myself doing it.

Like, just make my body unable to die through any method but accidents/murder and I'll be good dude.

>you'll run out of things to achieve
Literally impossible. It takes hundreds of people to achieve smallest things. Me being only one will take it to another level of slow progress.

Yes, and every single character who became immortal and didn't immediately dedicate their whole being to becoming a god is a load of bullshit.

You either can't say that it's bad then.

Shitpost on Yea Forums.

If alternative timelines exist it's very real.

Don't be a bitch and live a trillions of years, before saying that. haha

they shoot themselves of course

Because everyone that gets immortality in fiction never wanted it in the first place.

It's why DIO killing Alucard would be the biggest fuck you to him imaginable. Literally the physical embodiment of everything he despises the most fucking his shit up. Arrogant fucker thinking he gets to decide how to die.
Original Alucard wasn't night immortal. Hellsing experiments made him that way. Anderson was literally peak human champion and he couldn't do it. Then Major came with peak human will and still failed because Hirano is a faggot who can't stick to his guns. So basically Alucard overcame two of the most - BY HIS OWN STANDARDS - qualified people to end him for no fucking reason other then to look cool, i guess.

Attached: DIO.jpg (1920x1080, 316K)

Not if Japan gets further kiked up.

Have you read the epic of Gilgamesh?
Or understand the point of Kipps?

Attached: __gilgamesh_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_saihate_d3__sample-a9f23817cadd7deedc172f70877d5405.jp (850x894, 136K)

what if
immortality
but if you shot yourself you'd die for real
would you do it bros

sure. there's no downside.

God should know then. Or something that created matter.

Because immortality is low hanging meme fruit for monkey's paw wishes.

>you're immortal but you still age so you're basically just suffering past 100
>you're immortal and literally indestructible. you outlive the universe and it becomes your purgatory

Eternal youth is the thinking man's wish.

Monster can't kill a monster, only Josuke can kill alucard

>you're immortal and literally indestructible. you outlive the universe and it becomes your purgatory
Universe will eventually resets, and start again.

>Monster can't kill a monster
No, that's only Alucard's bullshit which he can tout because he's the strongest in his world. It isn't actually a rule or anything. Which is why it's bullshit, because he gave the best warrior of humanity an impossible trial and then bitched when he used his last resort.

>get to wait like 2 billion years for intelligent life, assuming you're lucky enough to find it since you'll be floating aimlessly in space like you have been for the past 10 billion years

Eternal youth or eternal life with the option of being able to opt out at any time.

Or
>you're immortal and have cosmic powers and knowledge
The thinking gentleman's aim.

Pretty much this. Everyone ITT has delusions of grandeur when what's more likely to happen is you fags would browse the internet until it ceased to be and then want to kill yourself immediately after. Except you can't so you'd wallow in your sorrow for the rest of eternity. No, you wouldn't build a new civilization. No, you wouldn't build a spaceship. No, you wouldn't build a galactic empire. No, you wouldn't "just sleep". No, you wouldn't become some human supercomputer. Here are some things you may actually do upon finding out you can't kill yourself and the internet has become a bore:
-travel the world
-read some books
-build a house, not a fucking spaceship which takes thousands of actually smart people collaborating together to make
-do the family raising bullshit
-work like the cuck you are

You would get bored of this shit in 500 years tops (if you even have the motivation to do shit for that long). After that, you would unironically think about committing a crime with a life sentence so that you could spend the rest of your life in one place. In fact, spending the "rest of your life" behind bars would be interesting as fuck because it would actually come with surprises compared to the shit you were doing before. And god knows you'd need all the mental stimulation you could get.

>No, that's only Alucard's bullshit
If monster kill a monster, still monster will be left. Like Alien vs Predator, or Jason vs Freddy.

DIO's like Goku in the sense that he's weak as shit outside his own universe. Don't forget that Death 13 can kill literally anyone, no matter how powerful they are if they fall asleep at any point in their lives.

>waiting for civilization to start itself while doing nothing like a faggot
>instead of creating one as a creator god

How the hell would you even get out of a black hole if you got eat by one?

Why not wait for advanced space travel then become immortal so if the world gets destroyed you can find a different planet to live on?

Black hole are not immortals.

Why do you has such a low self-esteem user. Don't you realize that with eternity you will eventually become night omniscience and omnipotent? There is nothing you can't do given enough time.

People also forgot that human mind have finite capacity to store memories.

>he's weak as shit outside his own universe
>vampire with no weaknesses besides sunlight and incredibly high levels of strength and speed, also an absurdly high stamina and regeneration
>has an invisible ghost that can punch at faster then light speeds with enough force to shatter diamond with ease
>can stop time
>smart and devious as fuck
DIO might be ''weak'' if you look at stuff like Marvel but he is very powerful. Certainly more then Alucard.
>Death 13 can kill literally anyone, no matter how powerful they are if they fall asleep at any point in their lives
Which is why it failed? It seems powerful but has a lot of loopholes.

Fuck immortality. I'd be fine with 200 extra years just to see a little bit more into the future than I naturally would have. Just satisfy a bit more curiosity then peace out into oblivion as one normally would.

Attached: 1549729367587.png (500x407, 186K)

Ok, and?

>life without stakes or meaningful relationships that feel like a second in the context of your life
Sure, let's test that theory. Watch 10 random movies back to back and then multiply that feeling by infinity then realize that you might be immortal but your playthings sure as fuck aren't. What happens when the species dies out and you're just walking an empty rock?

Need human or angel to deal with monsters.

>I share this board with literal psychos
wow

Spend 6 days to make a new one and rest at the weekend.

>angels aren't monsters.

That's not what immortal means, my guy.

There is nothing psychotic about falling in love more than once.

Angels have sanity and higher knowledge of laws.
They are like humans.

It really comes down to DIO's destructive power. Time Stop and The World doesn't matter much if he faces an opponent that can't be put down even if he lands direct attacks.

Kars being a prime hypothetical example. Or if you want a non-anime example, Sol Badguy's body is indestructible to the point of being unable to die natural death. DIO couldn't even infect him with Vamprism during Time Stop and then let the sun do the rest because the nature of Sol's longevity is that his cells are so immune to disease of any and all kinds to the point where it considers the natural breaking down of aging as a disease and simply repairs faster than the damage could ever keep up with.

The World could hit him all day in Time Stop. DIO could aim Space Ripper Stingy Eyes at his throat after freezing him too. It wouldn't matter because Sol's durability is literally custom made to be unfair on a metaphysical level on par with the Matrix but with existence instead of a computer. DIO is strong but he's weak to fire, extreme blunt impact to his skull, the sun, and he needs to keep drinking blood to keep his healing factor.

DIO is strong but he runs into hard counters left and right when crossovers get involved.

Attached: ouawebuorbg[fijvbasg.jpg (1536x2048, 542K)

Why not user? We are talking about true immortality here, meaning ceaselessness.

Is that why the literal first thing they said when appearing before humans was "Fear not"? Even every description of them was utterly alien and incomprehensible to human mind?

There's literally nothing wrong with immortality as long as it has at least a single condition limiting it. None of that "wahh but what about floating in space forever" shit.

>this whole thread
>thinking there's such thing as immortality

Attached: smirking vampire.gif (220x166, 41K)

>Don't you realize that with eternity you will eventually become night omniscience and omnipotent?
No, you wouldn't. And god help you if you ever do, because that is the epitome of boredom.

Because the more parameters you remove in your larping the less meaningful your position becomes. We can't perceive what it would look like to gain omniscience and your counter of "What if we could" opens the door for us to just pull shit out of our ass to infinity and beyond. Define a parameter "immortality" work with what we know and we can have some fun.

ok but why are you a cyborg?

youtube.com/watch?v=05V19o7KkiY
Doesn't matter sanity and laws makes automatically higher being.

Attached: The_archangel_Michael_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg (800x1134, 307K)

>Beep... Boop... nazi robot.

And what do humans do when they can't get something? Every work about how immortality sucks is merely sour grapes.

>if that's really how it is, the odds of being conscious right now are like winning the lottery 100 times in a tow
You're measuring odds in a way that merely makes it convenient to draw that conclusion. For that matter, since the Universe has existed far longer than Earth's atmosphere, the odds of raining are also like winning lottery a hundred times.

Something something code of DNA, something something, fuck aging, must do a regeneration.

But this world sucks.

Once you die you go to rpg anime elf girl heaven.

So why waste you immortal life in Jew world.

We don't really know how would it be, but extrapolating from how the brain of people that lived for a long time works, you would probably start forgetting everything except the very beggining of your existence, and the right now.

>The goal of life is to continue existing
Well, living forever seems like the definitive way of continuing to exist

Why go somewhere, if you have space travel ahead.

Sol is ridiculously powerful, though. Like, stellar levels of strength and such. DIO is fairly strong but pretty low when it comes to all of fiction, yes. Sol would be unaffected by the timestop anyway.
>he needs to keep drinking blood to keep his healing factor
He survived a century without nourishment as just a head, though.
>DIO is strong but he runs into hard counters left and right when crossovers get involved
I agree, but Alucard is not one of those.

What about stronger monsters vs weaker ones?

You're not serious, right

Attached: 802e6d0d587df314c6bf197d32d627489373c100.jpg (752x621, 129K)

>Spend 20 000 years just to see some gas giants and balls of rock that are too cold/hot. And that's just the closest planets

Yeah nah I'm good. Maybe in another body, or another life. But now I'm good.

Also I don't want to be old enough to experience a super Nova or seeing the galaxies fade away or the stars die out or the black holes evaporate away.

Doesn't matter, monster is monster. Need a sanity to prevail. Or it will be fight of mad dogs.

>Muh humanity

Its always some bullshit like this

>Also I don't want to be old enough to experience a super Nova
youtube.com/watch?v=z7oG0vUrpBY

Alternate timelines and universes

>intelligent monsters don't exist

>offered to become God
>he sees how horribly dull immortality would be and declines
Stay dandy, babies.

Attached: dandy-finale-1.png (700x418, 92K)

Monster doesn't have sanity that's the point. No sanity= no heaven = no higher being.

He only cared about not seeing any boobies ever again

The Major was literally just a person with cybernetic enhancements. If you're going to rule him out because of that then Anderson never stood a chance because he had a regenerator implanted into himself to be more efficient. Alucard plays fast and loose on what he considers a 'Monster' so that he can keep living. Anderson wasn't even really a monster, the shard of the cross was actually killing him anyway so he wouldn't last long after the fight with Alucard...the Major outplays Alucard at every turn but isn't worthy because 'MUH NAZI'.
Anderson was humanities literal best, no one came close to what he was capable of, he fought and killed hundreds, maybe thousands of Vampires and Heretics during his time as a paladin so that he could face Alucard during the invasion, so what does Alucard do? throw a few thousand more meatsacks at him...and even when he's battered, bloody and his arm is hanging by a few sinews of flesh he STILL pushes onward to fight Alucard, then he reaches his limit and cannot do anything else because Alucard keeps LOL NOPEing away from him...so he uses Humanities ultimate weapon against such things and then Alucard throws his toys out the pram.

youtube.com/watch?v=d_7bqhshyEg
Major just a nazi bot. It's Schrodinger has it what it need to deal with alucard.

.>It's Schrodinger has it what it need to deal with alucard.
Still not enough.

Not exactly; he knew that as God he could see them, but as an incorporeal being he wouldn't be able to enjoy them. He'd be immortal, yes, but he would lack those attributes that constitute life.

His speech is essentially outlining that regardless of his physical appearance, he is still very much a human. He even outlines the whole situation- "Fitting that it took a man with the trappings of a monster to slay a monster with the trappings of a man". His entire point is that his will and soul are what makes him human, as Alucard has neither and yet has the form of a human.

As I said, Alucard just plays fast and loose on what he considers a Monster so that he can win.

It's a pervasive theme in fiction in the US too. It's a ploy by religions to stop people from working to improve the human condition too much.

>he is still very much a human
Human must overcome pain and feelings. Major doesn't feel anything. Just a program and target to complete. Being human is always to fight.

>As I said, Alucard just plays fast and loose on what he considers a Monster so that he can win.
Alucard lose only to Van Helsing.

>he doesn't know about Saturn the alligator
Immortality isn't the goal. How can it be when it's already been achieved?

>Ctrl + F "VR"
>0 results

Almost 400 replies, and not a single person talking about what immortality is actually going to look like. Watching everyone die? Getting bored? Outliving the universe? You're all fucking retards.

VR is cyberjail, torture isn't immortality.

As I said, his speech is basically that will and soul are what separate humans from everything else since Angels and Devils have no soul or will of their own, and Alucard basically agrees with this. Even Granddad Helsing says this.

I will always wonder how he lost to Helsing.

Still Major didn't not defeat Alucard only made him sleep for a while. True defeat was from Helsing.

>muh human is the only thing that has spiritual and moral sanity

Hehe

Your mind breaking when your are trapped in and tortured for decades or centuries.

Can say that, since human is copy of a God.

Love is a choice, not a feeling

Everlasting youth. Everyone will think you have eternal life as long as you make (fake) displays of immortality, and there is always an out once depression hits.

The fight is crap
>Blows Andersons arm off
>Jumps behind army of undead
>Hits Anderson with a score of Vampire powers
>At this Point Anderson is missing an arm and coughing up blood
>Anderson fights on
>Gets stuck and receives help
>All help is killed
>Anderson finally reaches Alucard, missing an arm and hardly able to stand
>Alucard honestly expects a fight
>Alucard gets pissed off and that after this, Anderson would use his last resort

>Pretending the heat from stars doesn't travel through space
>Pretending gravity doesn't exist so that any aimless travels through space would eventually pull you onto a new celestial body
>Pretending life on other planets with different requirements for existence is impossible when microorganisms like phytoplankton exist
>Pretending immortality is bad at all
Even if spinning through empty space was my final outcome, I could still make that shit fun. Just do sick flips and shit.

Attached: mushishi.jpg (800x500, 251K)

youtube.com/watch?v=QZADDzxEIJk
Also human can become a monster and come back to human state. After asking for forgiveness.

>it really doesn't make sense for there to be a blip of consciousness shoehorned between two infinitely long periods of nothingness
Why?

he's wrong anyway, see: boltzmann brains

>not wanting to be one with the void from whence you came

Attached: 1547702854755.jpg (228x238, 13K)