ITT: Most Underrated Series

ITT: Most Underrated Series

Attached: tex.jpg (1600x1200, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.si/view/868513
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What did he mean by this?

Attached: 15206861969820.jpg (991x1200, 131K)

I don't know if its underrated but a lot of people can't make it past the first 3 episodes, but really this anime is a masterpiece.
After episode 11 it's a giant rollercoaster of what the fuck.
Those last 4 episodes leave you feeling so empty and hopeless, the last episode is pure sadness but so great.
I think it's a gem but not underrated

I don't recall Texhnolyze ever being popular, but certainly critically acclaimed.

>but certainly critically acclaimed
???????????????????????????????????????????????????

It was never popular, Ergo Proxy was way more popular and marketed way harder to the west than Texhnolyze was.

You should ask yourself if is it underrated by the 100% of people who actually watched it?
I feel, at least 70% of people that manage to complete the series would call it a masterpiece, while the ones who dropped it at the third episode or nine, are the ones who shit talk about being boring and pretentious.
So far, is not really underrated by the people who watched it. And who cares about the ones who don't want to watch or the ones who got filtered by chapter 3.

Not many shows western or eastern have the balls to kill so many characters

Soukyuu no fafner : dead aggressor and its sequel Exodus (movies and ova too), to me that anime is even superior to NGE

>but certainly critically acclaimed
By 15 years old edgelords and MALtards?

He's right though.

He isn't. Who is Texh supposed to be critically acclaimed by? ANN? I look at their review, see an A- animation score, and already know that they can't be taken seriously. In animation there are only 2 ways to receive critical acclaim: awards at animation festivals or getting mentioned in animator/director polls.

this

Attached: MV5BMTQzNDU2OTM1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMTMzNzA5MjE@._V1_.jpg (1464x2048, 2.77M)

I know Yea Forums will bash me for this but I believe One Piece is a hidden gem and wish more people picked it up
edit: thanks for the gold!

Attached: wan piss.png (400x320, 300K)

Though most stuff from him would qualify.

Attached: 178634l.jpg (424x600, 120K)

You almost got me there until the end.

>In animation there are only 2 ways to receive critical acclaim: awards at animation festivals or getting mentioned in animator/director polls.
kek standard

It's always had a cult following, and rarely any detractors outside of fans warning depression.

It is really depressing, I actually watched this anime when I was really depressed and it was like holy shit but it made me realize how good it was

What else is there? Enlighten me.

I think if they made Texhnolyze into like a 7 movie series like Kara no Kyoukai it could be even better, only the hardcore fans would like it though I bet.

What's the appeal of this? Do you need to pretend to go trough existential crisis to like it?

I wouldn't say Tekkonkinkreet or Ping Pong are underrated at all, both being pretty beloved.

>most stuff from him would qualify
He's one of the most critically acclaimed mangaka in history. What the hell are you talking about? Even his manga's anime adaptations received numerous prestigious awards.

I never see anyone talk about this show, even though all the people who liked Rakugo and Mushishi would probably love it

Attached: house of five leaves.jpg (941x690, 102K)

Attached: 117636800_678x904.jpg (678x904, 126K)

Kuuchuu Buranko should be required viewing.
Loved these ghouls.

Attached: irabu.jpg (1280x720, 181K)

It's shit

Literally a Bleach ripoff, and a mediocre one at that

It's not really obscure but still deserves much more recognition imo

Attached: Ajin.jpg (710x727, 157K)

there were too many wasted opportunities to think that it deserves recognition
can anyone remember Ajin outside of 9/11 2: electric boogaloo and old man Thrill getting gangraped by ghosts? doubt it

What wasted opportunities ?
>can anyone remember Ajin outside of 9/11 2: electric boogaloo and old man Thrill getting gangraped by ghosts?
Yes ? Have you read the last 10 chapters ?

Maybe the greatest anime i have ever seen, but also the most underrated. Never heard someone talking about it

Attached: deccb3861b0723bcaa26b2a8fea40aaca4ff1073_00.jpg (360x504, 47K)

>What wasted opportunities ?
the punch ghosts being more than just an intangible ranged attack for instance
it's been over a year since I've caught up so maybe there have been some improvements but the manga up to then is just an operator doing operator things with a punch ghost to rez him and punch things which got stale pretty fast
not gonna lie, the part where MC escaped from captivity was fun but not THAT fun
>Yes ? Have you read the last 10 chapters ?
as mentioned above, I have not

>the punch ghosts being more than just an intangible ranged attack for instance
Speedreading faggot

Attached: (G_P) Giant Robo 02(720p 10-bit)(FFA04CAE).mkv_snapshot_35.59_[2018.06.06_08.39.25].png (976x720, 861K)

>Giant Robo
>Underrated

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I like Autistic Irabu's moments.

well that's just rude
if this is how you're promoting your shitty manga then good luck lmao

House of Five Leaves was weird. I definitely enjoyed it but I'm not sure what I was supposed to take away from it. The art style and tone are great though.

*overrated

it was just a comfy character drama, don't think it had any particular message

wtf are you on about, Death Note is very popular

Man I liked this show but I will ever not think that's Light.

Best girl

Attached: Occult-Academy-1.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

I own all three manga volumes, really hard to come by nowadays since it's out of print though, might sell it in a few years.

Where can i watch this in not garbage quality?

It's an early 00s production. It's only available in SD quality.

>SD
shitty definition?

nyaa.si/view/868513
Most of the uploads are from the region 1 DVD which is darker than it was meant to be for some reason. This one rips from the region 2 DVD. It's noticeably brighter, though still dark of course.

this

Attached: 766738.jpg (1920x1200, 169K)

Standard Definition.

Cyber Team in Akihabara

Dem baguettes

Attached: Ikoku.jpg (225x350, 48K)