Is this shit worth watching?

first, i'm not the biggest shonen fan, the last really traditional shonen anime i've watched was DBZ when i was a kid, but i want to watch a long running series with bloody battles for once just to change from all the seinen stuff that i'm used to, is it worth it? i don't really care about comedy, i just want to see fights and a decent story.

Attached: gintama.jpg (640x960, 263K)

>he cares about mal scores

why don't you watch it and figure it out yourself?

Its good for comedy, in the last arcs the author wants to properly end the series by tying up old plot threads. Just watch the first 50 episodes to get a good feel since watching a few episodes really doesn't work for old shows

yes

Do you like the sound of a comedic, almost SOL-style series about no good oddjobs group, set in alternative history of Japan, with aliens, robots, samurai and ninja's clashing, with tons of modern Nippon shenanigas in the mix?
Do you like LOL RANDOM, tons of references to other shows & media products, and the 4th wall being broken actively and on purpose all the time?

Are you OK with occasional "serious" arcs where SHTF, and rare feels episodes that may make you feel like shit?

And most importantly: are you OK with a series that's first ~20 episodes are literally the worst the series has to offer, but still are essential introduction and foreshadowing episodes you should sit through anyway? Not counting the first 2 episodes, that are the only real filler of the whole show, that is.

If you got more "yes" answers, then Gintama might be just the thing for ya.

I personally just fairly recently started watching the show, finishing the last episode + released OVAs & films early 2017, and it was helluva show! No idea if I'd bothered to sit through the first season when it aired, but being able to marathon it all did make it easy to digest.

Attached: 0dbd04bf9f466b26288cbe7c74bb7e09.jpg (414x521, 66K)

>i don't really care about comedy, i just want to see fights and a decent story.
Dunno if Gintama's the thing for you.
It's a comedic "slice of life" of bonkers people first, "shonen" only once in a while.

Is it worth watching though? Hell yes!

Attached: 1474305315517.webm (640x480, 2.67M)

If you are not gonna watch the comedy then don't even try user. It's stupid to just skip to the action without getting attached to these characters and see how develop in the most stupid and serious moments of the show.

did you get this post from reddit ?

Sket Dance was better.

No, but you should go back there, you fucking nu-faggot.

Attached: 1369624510099.jpg (1280x720, 162K)

the serious arcs are actually pretty good. The joke arcs are a hit or miss. Tho often times the jokes are good enough to actually laugh.

It also has some of the best trolling in animu out there. Then there are times when the animators are lazy as fuck and didn't bother to animate anything, they just put a still image and that's it.

Attached: gintama christmas.jpg (511x5000, 430K)

Attached: 1375400860400.jpg (1600x1500, 410K)

Attached: 1419142307671.jpg (939x3244, 879K)

Attached: 1419142402347.jpg (939x2490, 549K)

It's like bleach

Damn, that sounds horrible

No, it IS Bleach... and more

Attached: 1478389980845.jpg (640x480, 89K)

Not him, but the post does look like someone from reddit wrote it especially with metaphors such as "easy to digest" and various other things.

Have you tried watching Bleach? It's actually pretty good and had a lot of fights.

>common and ancient phrases are now ""Ieddit speech""
Jesus fuck, this site's becoming more cancerous and zoom zoom each year.

No son, I've literally NEVER been to that website of yours, I wrote that entire wall of text on my own a couple years ago + stored it up as the same exact question pops up once in a month or so (even more so if there's a new arc being aired).

Attached: 1470677320861.jpg (960x708, 56K)

you are pretty cringe and yeah the past does look like it came from reddit and maybe you should stay there tbf

post*

hi daddy

If you dont care about the comedy, then no. Theres some good fights and serious story occasionally, but the comedy is the focus. I think its pretty great and i hate shounen with a passion

Attached: 1554082918865.jpg (1280x800, 113K)

Attached: 1228164488262.jpg (1500x1125, 537K)

this honestly does reek of plebbit