ITT: Ass pulls you actually liked

Attached: mpv-shot0064.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hinhEQtMwjE
youtube.com/watch?v=i6Be9ObHjbU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: rubber.jpg (960x595, 207K)

Attached: High Voltage.jpg (1520x1200, 993K)

Attached: TTGL EP26.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

lt would be anticlimatic if Cell saga ended with him getting fodderized and killing himself. The return was necessary.

Attached: maxresdefault (8).jpg (1280x720, 87K)

based

That episode was more about the experience than plot asspulls. It's like calling End of Evangelion an asspull movie, you sure can if you want, but that would be missing the point.

what made you think any of what you wrote is ok

Nah, that healing ability was too fucking bullshit to have instead of just having a more even fight.
This is a good asspull.

Attached: 1509965768801.jpg (400x1047, 63K)

youtube.com/watch?v=hinhEQtMwjE

Attached: rasengan.jpg (480x360, 31K)

*Actually I have to be honest, I first watched this in the dub and that's what I loved. Subs are trash, never cared for them. The fucking characters are all western-looking anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=i6Be9ObHjbU

Jotaro not only evolving his stand WITHOUT a stand arrow, but gaining the ability that's specifically something the enemy already has or is the perfect opposite of it in order to defeat the enemy like in Giorno's case but at least he used an arrow.

Super Saiyan wasn't an asspull, you idiot, you absolute fucking moron.
This was though.
Jotaro didn't evolve Star Platinum, it was always able to stop time.

Attached: Sword_4.jpg (1280x707, 251K)

It had a hint of filler foreshadowing and Vegeta whining about it. Toriyama literally used it as a way to bring Goku to Freeza's level because he wrote himself into a corner. That's the definition of an asspull.

Attached: pp,840x830-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg (750x1000, 143K)

I want more Miku. The new season better deliver.

Super Saiyan was first mentioned in Vegeta and Nappa's very first scene, Vegeta brings it up multiple times during the Namek arc, then we find out Frieza killed the Saiyans because of it, then it gets brought up every time Goku fights after he arrives, THEN Vegeta decides he's become one and fights Frieza. That's not just hints of foreshadowing, that's legitimate buildup. You have to be an absolute retard to argue otherwise.

>Dio became able to stop time by knowing he could and practicing with that specific intent
Since this was established at the start of the fight, I don't see how Jotaro being able to do the same by realizing he could and having enough tries is an asspull.

>Jotaro didn't evolve Star Platinum, it was always able to stop time.
There's no evidence of this, though.

Most twists in Symphogear.
Pic not related.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Senki Zesshou Symphogear G - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_19.09_[2019.04.10_01.04.35].jpg (1920x1080, 652K)

I always though Dio's powers were just a combination of the Joestar family stands? The "flesh bud" mind control thing felt like an off shoot of Holly's plant stand, Star Platinum was the core of The World both in ability and stats.

Not sure if he had anything related to Hermit Purple at all.

>Super Saiyan was first mentioned in Vegeta and Nappa's very first scene, Vegeta brings it up multiple times during the Namek arc, then we find out Frieza killed the Saiyans because of it, then it gets brought up every time Goku fights after he arrives, THEN Vegeta decides he's become one and fights Frieza.
Okay, now how much of that is filler from the anime?

That's all from the manga, which I reread in march. I'm sure the anime added mentions of it, but it's clear that Super Saiyan was Toriyama's goal for the Frieza fight, not an asspull.

They were going on and on about the legendary super saiyan. Sure, nobody knew what the fuck it was precisely and what it meant but people were still expecting it.

Dio is shown using his own version of Hermit Purple to track the protagonists.

The original plan was for The World to have the combined powers of all stands period. I think eventually the not-Hermit-Purple was retconned as being the Stand of Johnathan's body.

Attached: DIO_HP_Photo_Manga.png (720x1200, 2.01M)

Attached: BITES_ZA_DUSTO.webm (852x480, 2.99M)

I know for a fact that this at the very least was filler and that Freeza killed the Saiyans not because of the legend, but because of how quickly they got stronger. I can't think of any other mention until Vegeta starts fighting Freeza.

Attached: OriginalSuperSaiyan.png (530x298, 153K)

this isn't even an asspull its a continuation of the story made to conclude the Johnny/Dio rivalry. Tusk act 4 was the real asspull, that I like a lot

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 220K)

What makes it not?

It just felt like Araki didn't want to do away with Dio before the end of the story.
I liked it because he gave him proper closer even if it isn't the same Dio

Attached: 1556178853231.png (910x500, 1.31M)

This.

Attached: 1421614346190.gif (384x216, 1007K)

Attached: reborn.jpg (1440x810, 163K)

Dragon Jesus God and the quest for the 12 heavenly boobs

Attached: madmanontheroll.png (684x962, 832K)

This was great and had actual foreshadowing
>they refer to an alternate ending on 4 separate occasions
>"atashi shinseisan" translates to I am reborn/I am remade and refers to both the characters in the anime and the story
>Tokyo Tower is Hikari's and Karen's "stage" and both figuratively and physically connects them
tl;dr Revue Starlight is pure fucking kino

Attached: 1557418455063.png (1920x1080, 1.71M)

The entire point of introducing the actual Starlight book was to foreshadow this.

all of the pachinko arc in kaiji

Attached: 1553109451019.jpg (479x466, 4K)

THE LAND IS CLOAKED IN DEEPEST BLUE

Attached: a thunderbolt fantasy shang stick.webm (853x480, 1.87M)

Attached: OMYGOLDENBOOK.jpg (189x267, 18K)

Hayato was more of an asspull than Bites the dust

S3 when

Attached: thunderbolt2m.webm (640x420, 2.89M)

Attached: 39.jpg (727x1024, 103K)

Penultimate match of Tiger Mask W
Aizen in general
Basically every Mizukami ending
just off of the top of my head.

lml 0o0 lml

Ed sacrificing his Alchemy for his brother back
Cliche as it was, with the whole fucking "Im human no matter what" I liked Al.

Attached: image_search_1558334627823.jpg (720x544, 28K)

Is this show actually good? I've heard okay things about it from Yu-Gi-Ohfags.

>Ed sacrificing his Alchemy for his brother back
I don't see the Asspull here. It's been established that non-corporeal elements are valid payments. Remember the time when Ed sacrificed part of his own lifespan to heal a fatal wound?

The scroll scene was way better as an asspull. We thought he is going to beat that demon up the old fashion way. Then he does that.

Its pretty fun expierence. Logic for the most of time is out of the window. But this is kind of show that will give you fun. I love it from the first season (the best one imho). Also really nice gear designs for the leading trio.

>Remember the time when Ed sacrificed part of his own lifespan to heal a fatal wound?
Not the same user, but I don't recall that, when did that happen?

I just finished the first season. I'm not really feeling it but at the same time I don't want to drop it. I've heard the latter seasons are better, is this true?

G is pretty okey. Many kino scenes. But gx and axz for me as a really big fan are meh. I rewatched first season many times. G a few. 3rd and Four i watched only as aired.

In coalmine on north after fight with kimbley i think

>Penultimate match of Tiger Mask W
What happened with that? Was it Tiger the Dark being able to beat Great?

Attached: 1558249535034.webm (666x372, 2.96M)

Attached: bleach+392+aizen[1].jpg (436x219, 13K)

G is all around good. GX and AXZ have some of the highest hype moments alongside some pretty bad ones too. Overall, just give G a go. If you're not feeling it by the end of G then not much point in continuing.

Attached: a09778b54d461a84d15e82b8fd0fbfe827fb7808_00.jpg (480x272, 31K)

>oh, we're in trouble? guess I will just unzip my scroll and pick an asspull for the occasion

Attached: sfk.jpg (1750x1104, 717K)

Attached: whiteoni.png (1890x823, 1.26M)

Symphogear is pure, distilled, turn-your-brain-off HYPE, and Hibiki may or may not punch God in the face next season.

Attached: Fist 1, Reason 0.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

In fairness, I think this one was intended to be expanded on a lot more before Toriko got the axe. I think he would have been explained in the space arc that never happened.

Yes that was fucking amazing thank you. Turned that 6-7/10 into a Hall of Fame ending

You know, I never thought about the unexplained things. I guess it did get axed huh. I still fucking treasure that manga for everything except the non-food arc

Did you just compare Imaishit to EoE? Fuck outta here retard

Only explanation was that it was the avatar of a Gourmet God, only indication before then was that Toriko had multiple demons lurking inside him... one of which was already the strongest in the fucking universe. It was a cool asspull though, the fingerpoke was great.

Attached: Sarazanmai+.jpg (289x174, 14K)

Reminder that DMJii got tricked by a phone

>Fuck outta here

Attached: 1558021269086.jpg (800x800, 108K)

heh

%188428272
>responding to the wrong post

Tusk 4 wasn't really an asspull either, it's incredibly broken to an extent, but I wouldn't call it an asspull.

>Chris sings her swan song and gets blasted by a canon
>shows no signs of dmg in the next scene
>her evolved form has her turn into a jet
And people say Tsubasa has sword autism

They turned their brain off a little too much.

>implying DESS has a brain at all

Not Yea Forums but the spirit bending or whatever they did in avatar so they didn't have to kill the bad guy.

>zenboob initially believe Fine's plan of taking over the world would bring peace

It's possible that there would peace since humanity would have to focus on surviving the catastrophic phenomena caused by the lack of a moon.

Watching anime has been an overall better experience after I turned my brain off instead of nitpicking over every detail

Attached: O MY SEVEN QUIRKS.png (887x400, 125K)

Super Saiyan was built up so fucking much, you don't know what an asspull is.

>someone actually likes O MY 7 QUIRKS

People also like Bleach. It's a wild world we live in.

BASED

Attached: ALL MIGHT.png (770x433, 314K)

I actually like it as a distant future posibility. Kind of like how Ichigo got his hollow mask thing way back in the SS arc, but it not really being relevant until much later.

She does, but she pretends to be retarded for everyone's including the viewers's sake.

Attached: hungry dess.png (579x819, 500K)

Attached: b18.jpg (900x1419, 865K)