This would be better if it wasnt isekai

Attached: 1486908156095.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

What wouldn't?
Isekai adds nothing of value to any series.

Konosuba wouldn't.

Tanya wouldn’t be Tanya though, unless you made up some new reason she’s smart as fuck

The whole thing about Sonzai X adds a lot to the plot, how would you write that instead?

She can be wunderkind or some shit.
Im not a writer. Idk why tf do they have to make an adult guy into a loli. For lolz? In anime about basically magic war? Edgy stuff about god didnt help, but that does not break immersion as much.

If it wasn't Isekai, then it would be reincarnation and call it a 'phenomena', that is if you don't want to add the existence of god/s. But then without god you'd have to explain how someone Tanya's age is able to do the feats she's able to. I should also remind you even if you remember your past life at the age of let's say 4-10, you'd have a foggy mind for the most part since you're brain is still developing.

>Im not a writer
Then shut up.

Im not a cook but i know if food is shit
>food analogy

>Isekai adds nothing of value to any series.
You don't get it, do you? Tanya is literally a man inside a tiny girl's body which makes it the number one self-insertion anime for Yea Forums (and a lot of guys in Japan, I guess). This doesn't work without some kind of gimmick like isekai.

You sure you actually watched the show? The isekai bit results in
-Tanya being considered a prodigy and resulting in all the leeway the protag gets
-his obsessions with Being X is the driving force of the show
-his understanding of computer code results in the advanced magic he utilizes
-his historic knowledge results in advantageous military positions

If anything, the isekai gimmick adds more to YS than it does to 99% of isekai. It's one of the most important elements of the plot.

It wouldn't make sense if it wasn't isekai. Tanya is handled better than 90% of isekai protags

If a meal needs more salt you tell to the cook that it should add more salt.
In this case you just went "hurr durr I like this gimmick but you HAVE to do it in a different way" which just takes out a lot of the things that make Tanya good.
Also
>food analogies

I mean, sure?
The whole "Fuck you not god I'm doing things on my own terms" is pretty entertaining and I'm not sure it would make as much sense if it wasn't Isekai

?? What do you mean? maybe you would have liked it more if it was native-isekai?

gotta agree with this - this is pretty much the only isekai using that in a meaningful way
Konosuba, ReZero and all the other trash wouldn't change much at all

Pretty true. Kuzuma could just have easily been an amnesiac who was given another chance at life and dragged the damegami with him, and Barusu's Earthly origins have had nothing to do with the story animated so far.

rejig the premise a bit and it doesn't even need rebirth
>Kazuma is a hikiNEET in some small village
>parents disown him, he has to go to Axel to find work
>for reasons he meets a self-proclaimed goddess
>she promises him a reward if he beats her in a game
>he chooses rock paper scissors and ofc wins
>picks her out of spite
boom, same start and no isekai needed

>why tf do they have to make an adult guy into a loli
Because Being X is a cunt and after talking about the 10 Commandments Being X says "So in your case, you don't believe it's because you were a male, living in a world of science, ignorant of war, and unthreatened?" Thinking if he gave MC all these requirements in his next life, MC would then give in and have faith in Being X.

Has anyone read any of the author of this' other work Baikoku Kikan?

>Genius loli who is an evil fuck due to orphan upbringing raising her as "dog eat dog"
>Is a fedora but God decides to fuck with her like the salaryman

I mean the only major difference narrative wise is now it's not gay to fap to her.

You don't have to change much. Just start her "first life" in the magic world instead of ours.
She lives through her normal life as a non-believer and being X turns back time and also causes the war to start as Tanya is reborn. The reborn Tanya's parents die. Dad is sent to war and dies not knowing his wife is pregnant. 9 months later the mother dies during birth so Tanya is sent to a church driven orphanage immediately, where she can't get enough food to grow tall because the war started and resources are being given to military. Then continue normally with X trying to convince her into "believing" otherwise the war will never end, while she tries to outsmart X. This could all fit into ep2 and does basically the same except she starts as an actual woman.
You wouldn't lose anything other than a few meme references to the current world. The isekai trope doesn't have any benefits in this series.

Truth. I would have actually watched it if it wasn't an isekai

C-cute.

Attached: hnnnnnnnnga.gif (533x300, 2.93M)

>tanya is a ruthless salarywoman who...
fix'd the issue with far less change to the narrative

>You wouldn't lose anything other than a few meme references to the current world. The isekai trope doesn't have any benefits in this series.
Eh, nope. It may seem like this if you are anime-only, but the LN got tons of references to real life military facts that you can look up yourself. If you remove that you'd end up with a situation where:

Any explanations by Tanya would become "Sasuga, Major/Oberstleutnant von Degurechaff!" since she'd have to have either some "super special" lifestory in her previous life, or is otherwise just a natural "supergenius", and you should know by now that most such "supergeniuses" can only be written if either the author actually got comparable intelligence to that character (which is not the case for 99% of all authors) or by making everyone around said "supergenius" just super dumb to build some sort of contrast. It doesn't need to be said that the latter case applies by far and the result is pretty much always "omg, is the author trying to insult the intelligence of the readers!?". In any case, Tanya would most likely become an actual asspulling Mary Sue (which would be awkward for the one who actually got that name in the story).

And I forgot to post pic related.

Attached: CarloZen.jpg (2908x1920, 1.02M)

good luck little duck

>the LN got tons of references to real life military facts
Alright, so you could leave almost everything suggested in the same except have her live through a war in the first life, but have her side be the winning side then (maybe even switch her countries when she's reborn). There's no reason why she couldn't reference them then. They don't have to be *direct* references.
>Any explanations by Tanya would become "Sasuga, Major/Oberstleutnant von Degurechaff!" since she'd have to have either some "super special" lifestory in her previous life
Already suggested putting her father in the military, who could tell her war stories and give her reports. Remember, she's living to her 30s-40s just like the male Tanya did so there's no reason for her not to be as capable. Since they've won the war it would also explain why she's overconfident and had an easy "heretical" life. So I don't see much of a difference in the story, other than "muh real war reference" boners.
>Tanya would most likely become an actual asspulling Mary Sue
She looks like one even now. She also feels like a "natural supergenius" from everyone's perspective (except the viewer, which wouldn't change).

Mate, how is turning back time any less offensive a start from isekai-ing? It'd just make you feel like you got gimped on experiencing her proper first life and the experiences that naturally developed her personality. Also, your scenario completely obliterates any logical reasoning for her war potential. Anything you could come up with would be fifteen times as retarded as just knowledge from modern retrospect.

>tiny
Now I want to see a really little Tanya

Attached: df436d000d306b61cf8d75948bb6e6e6.jpg (1838x2821, 525K)

Most good isekais are just a decent fantasy show with isekai awkwardly stapled on - especially in the last few years. The only exceptions are shows like Log Horizon where the "other world" focus is front and center.

>This would be better if it wasnt isekai
How will you justify Tanya?
How will you justify her knowing about WW1?

incorrect

>how is turning back time any less offensive a start from isekai-ing?
It feels less retarded than isekai-ing, or gender bending.
>make you feel like you got gimped on experiencing her proper first life
As opposed to his last life which you experienced so much of?
>the experiences that naturally developed her personality.
This wouldn't be an issue to a good writer, and almost every iskeai writer isn't. The whole reason isekai exists is because of lazy writing so you can have a much easier time explaining the world and have to spend no time explaining backstories. Backstories are easy as fuck to do and you can naturally include them in the story without wasting time.
>completely obliterates any logical reasoning for her war potential.
What kind of war potential does an office drone have? None. Definitely far less than someone who's lived through a war.

Holy shit imagine reading so much and still being a retard that understands warfare only at highschool level, and has zero understanding of politics.
Guess theres no cure for brainletism.

alguien a visto zero cara hajimeru no shho?

>Alright, so you could leave almost everything suggested in 188407619 the same except have her live through a war in the first life, but have her side be the winning side then (maybe even switch her countries when she's reborn). There's no reason why she couldn't reference them then. They don't have to be *direct* references.
No, they *have* to be direct references, because that's what enables you to look it up. Utilizing the internet and real-life books like that, since giving the reader an opportunity to look things up is one of the huge boons for this series, where real-life books basically become something akin to what Data-books for fictional series would normally cover. It's a brilliant move by the author and one of the core aspects of this series.

1/2

>Already suggested putting her father in the military, who could tell her war stories and give her reports. Remember, she's living to her 30s-40s just like the male Tanya did so there's no reason for her not to be as capable. Since they've won the war it would also explain why she's overconfident and had an easy "heretical" life. So I don't see much of a difference in the story, other than "muh real war reference" boners.
The whole premise of Being X would completely fall apart. It's probably the fault of the anime, but in the LN the reasoning for Being X reincarnating the salaryman is rather different compared to the anime: Being X didn't act on the desire to "turn" the salaryman specifically to faith, but rather just used him as a lab rat to test out the fixes for the "points that need improvement" that the salaryman himself told him in their conversation. Hence he was changed into a female in a war-torn world who would eventually be forced onto the battlefield due to her magic talents.
>She looks like one even now. She also feels like a "natural supergenius" from everyone's perspective (except the viewer, which wouldn't change)
The point is that Tanya is "cheating" with knowledge from previous life and isn't an actual "genius", though she doesn't lack intelligence either.

2/2

>has zero understanding of politics.
If someone claims that there's an "understanding of politics" that's based on anything but practical political experience, then that person must be a brainlet.

I know that the setting is closer to WW1 but I'm tempted to watched the German dub of the show especially since Tanya SEEMS like a loli Hitler. When it first came out (Japanese dub, English subbed) I watched the first two eps and dropped it at the time for another show. I liked the OP Jingo Jungle I believe it was called but never finished it. With the release of isekai quartet I would like to finish the one show I never finished of the 4. I sampled a bit of dialogue from the Japanese, German, and English dubs and rank them in that order, but obviously this isn't the entire 12 eps. I was hoping to save some time and watch the German dub to spice it up, and follow with Quartet to get the Japanese VAs back in play. Would this be okay? I like the German girl VA for Tanya and especially Viktoriya. Any issues with the eng translation subs, horrible VAs for other characters, and is the OP/ED the same?

Attached: 1554995374356.png (634x857, 324K)

That's the curse of isekai. If being reincarnated into another world doesn't have any significant meaning then why bother being isekai? I hate in a LN when in the first chapter they establish the MC "doesn't really remember their past life", then fuck off being an isekai.

>convenient explanation for OP traits
>muh modern world morals
>easy self inserting
>ignorant MC so everything can be exposited without restraint
>easy shitty comedy related to said ignorance
There's plenty of reasons why a series might be an isekai when it doesn't have to be nor benefits in any significant way. Not good reasons, but they're there.

It would be better if they hadn't used that hideous art style.

Attached: tanya2.png (578x818, 633K)

Come to think of it, why are there even Isekai’s? Couldn’t the story just start in the fantasy world without the reincarnation crap?

>doesn't have any significant meaning
But Tanya knows how the war will turn out for the Empire and how to shift its course. She also applies modern war morality to the early 20th century. Most importantly though, she's actively struggling against the entity who isekai'd her in the first place as opposed to Being X serving as a one-time plot device. Most isekai drops Earth off after episode one, but Youjo Senki has Tanya repeatedly making use of her past life. Therefor being in another world does add to the story.

Attached: 1558312925.jpg (512x466, 42K)

Attached: 798d4b1f8b4fcbb93fcb848288939ef2.jpg (1259x1146, 159K)

Tanya would be better as a 16 year old. Can you imagine how fuckable she would be at that age?

At her current age she looks way too much like a shota.

>loli Hitler
As of right now, she's closer to Willy Rohr, one of the early proponents of stormtroopers, than she is to Hitler. What sets Hitler apart is his interwar, political actions. To be clear, Hitler became active in politics to topple the Weimar government, revitalized the country, and started another war. Tanya has just innovated military strategy and proven herself an extraordinary soldier.

this would be better if it wasn't a cringe compilation

Attached: 342345332566.png (363x283, 169K)

>Isekai a protagonist
>Then bring them BACK to the original world along with the Isekai world.
More should do this. Yes, it's Dunbine

Tanya would have been some normal little girl if she hadn't been reincarnated, never would have been in a conflict with Sonzai X, and never would have been drafted. You're essentially saying the plot that wouldn't have existed would have been better if it wasn't isekai, so basically you're fucking stupid and don't deserve the right to an opinion.

It's one of the things I am waiting for in some of them.

Attached: 1528863321802.png (225x253, 35K)

Youjo Senki is one of the very, very few series that actually utilizes the isekai elements to a significant degree. Her character's successes, the way others perceive her, and the primary personal conflict stem directly from her being from another world.

Yep. Nowadays, the whole "ZOMG REINCARNATION!" schtick just serves as a way for the deadbeat salarymen/otaku to self-insert into a character. They need to be reminded, over and over again, that the main characters of whatever they're reading are literally like them or else they can't enjoy it. In my opinion, it's really hurting the quality of anime and manga in general.

every isekai would be better if it wasn't isekai
first episode is always the same
>NEET
>fucking nothing going for him
>spends all day on the computer
>plays WoW-like mmo
>bad diet and out of shape
>transported to new world where he begins to make something of himself with or without a harem
or scenario 2
>businessman/programmer/overworked
>everyday is the same
>guys life consists of going to work then going home to eat and sleep to get ready for work the next day
>nothing to do on the weekends
>gets ripped from his boring life to a new world that makes his life more exciting
>with or without a harem

Attached: 1549749243069.png (872x685, 151K)

This series art style is really off putting for me for some reason

Tanya wasn't a deadbeat salaryman though, he was middle management and perfectly content with his life. The entire central conflict of the series is a dickwaving contest between him and a being claiming to be God.

>useless NEETS
>overworked salarymen
For this to change, Japan must change.

>The whole thing about Sonzai X adds a lot to the plot,
Does it really? I'm trying to imagine the plot without him and it doesn't seem like it'd need to change all that much.

>now it's not gay to fap to her.
what's so gay about fapping to a reincarnated biologically female MC?
it's only gay if it's just a fake plastic-surgery genderbender

Attached: 51AJaqnPWlL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (331x499, 33K)

it's significant in the sense that a lot of Tanya's actions stems from blaming it all on Sonzai X even when Sonzai X only actually intervenes like a couple times after reincarnating him/her

I mean, she's also not-Hitler, so it's sort of flawed.

>first episode is always the same
Well i am glad that you found this show then after all it is nothing like your two scenarios.

it's one thing to say that she's either a magical powerhouse OR super mature for her age OR decades ahead of current military strategy just because that's how she is, but it's straining suspension of disbelief if she has everything at once. Besides, half of the fun of the series is that she has a complete worldview/philosophy that is tested and plays against other character's personalities.

Besides, Tanya doesn't "have" to be 10 years old either. The plot would be basically the same with a 16 year old, 20 year old, or 30-something protag.

>Does it really?
Yes it absolutely does the whole conflicts are coming from heavens inability to foster faith, oh wait i forgot the anime ignores this and turns being x into a petulant child.
Welp i guess it truly doesn't add anything to the plot of the anime.

The main plot of Slime is the travel between worlds and the big influence it have to said worlds.
Isekai Shokudou main theme is to present our world culinary diversity to a world where boiling potatoes is high cuisine and charm the people from that world with our cuisine generating plenty of interesting stories to tell from the premise.
Knights and Magic MC being OP is perfectly explained by his knowledgement of programing, without that knowledgement from our world there wouldn't be a story to tell where he revolution this new world with his ideas.
I'm sure you can find plenty of stories where the "Isekai" factor is irrelevant, like Kenja no Mago and Youjo Senki but going and said that is pretty dumb.

>This would be better if it wasnt isekai
This show and manga would be better if there was nothing to do with nazi uniforms and hateful attitudes of the Empire.

No, it's good because the war lore, it's better because the GB, and it's relevant because the isekai.

>Dissing isekai

Attached: Glaresinmexican.jpg (145x162, 22K)

I'm pretty sure the characters and story would all still work if Kazuma wasn't from another world.

All I need is Tanya-chan

Attached: 1485576171901.png (706x633, 660K)

Bakuen-wo is proof that Konosuba still works without Kazuma

Attached: axis.png (429x627, 292K)

Shut the fuck up faggot, Tanya is perfect.

Attached: 1484816834696.jpg (960x540, 70K)

But they didn't. They used the good one you can see in the OP.

Imagine if there were any good writers making isekai.

It could just as easily be explained away with giftedness/prodigy shit.

Carlo Zen may be a pinko faggot, but he created Tanya. For that I'm grateful.
he's also a decent writer.

Attached: 1488588039249.png (540x451, 317K)

>pinko
>Carlo Zen
Yeah there is no fucking way you know what that word means.

>t. retard
Go look at his Twitter. Its unfortunate but true. He still seems like an okay guy, and like I said, he created Tanya, so I appreciate it, but he's definitely a fucking commie lover.

Attached: 1485011458389.png (1512x1080, 934K)

Autism, naturally gifted, or both.

maybe if the useless neets worked the salarymen wouldn't be overworked?

Attached: Holo.png (400x400, 107K)

SERIOUSLY!?
Well fuck he's an incredible writer then.
The part where Tanya fucks up Moscow really read like a Mccarthyist power fantasy to me.

>literally trying to argue when Aoi Yuki herself explained it so even niggers can understand
Amazing, you're willing to be lower life forms than niggers simply so you can shit post.

Then why does he write a fucking book where Nazi's defeat communist you neanderthal?

>The part where Tanya fucks up Moscow really read like a Mccarthyist power fantasy to me.
Like I said, good write, nice guy. His name is also a bit distracting. But all the same...
Funny enough, he apparently wrote Tanya as a parody. Thought people would think she's a crazy capitalist. Instead, we like her. So ironically, he's capitalizing.
It is what it is.

Attached: 939f3b135634d755eb190d2399f5dd03.jpg (2448x3264, 2.55M)

Honestly? That's a good fucking question.
Mind you, I'm not trying to be political here. I'm just stating facts.
Supposedly, he originally wrote the story to function as a parody. But it blew up in his face. People really liked Tanya. People like myself.
Always makes me think of Starship Troopers, desu.

Attached: 1489798538751.png (1871x2129, 3.55M)

>CZ: Hey I'll just write a story to proof a point
>Adds isekai, reincarnation, gender bender, god, loli, magic, and a bunch of references (hey I'll call her "Mary Sue" for shit and giggles)
>CZ: This will be a work remembered for its hilarity
>A small-time hit, Enterbrain wanna publish it
>CZ: Looks like that's not enough. Better get some edgy character design. Oh and give them notzi uniforms.
>Sells moderately
>CZ: Welp better write something more ridiculous in the meantime. Communist Yugoslavia apologist novel maybe
>YS gets manga and anime
>CZ: This mangaka did nothing other than a Lelouch spinoff before. She seems alright.
>Manga actually well-received
>CZ: Better tell Hosogoe to make Tanya look as 'ugly' as possible. Oh and scrap that Wehrmacht uniform and redo Visha
>PV out
>CZ: Oh hey look, angry mobs shitting at the anime!
>Actually airs
>Runaway hit
>Triple bestseller
>Tanya got waifu'd
>Lewds
>CZ:AHAHAHAHA

noone i talk to about starship troopers ever realizes it's a parady.
it was probably too obscure to understand because of the race-inclusive fascism.

It would be worse. You would take away all her motivations and a reason for her knowledge and replace it with literally nothing. You probably enjoy pulling stuff out of your ass, but don't try to force that into an already existing story.

No she'd just be a terrible Mary Sue instead of someone using their knowledge of history. Also being a salary man on the inside only makes her hotter

Fascism doesn't have to be exclusionary. but I get why people miss the point.
Same thing with Youjo Senki really. Everyone missed the point.

Would have prefered that Tanya was a bitchy OL instead of a guy because I'm homophobic

>Tanya is a capitalist
Should've made her get into weapons manufacturing and manipulating the war to propogate the war economy instead of being a direct combatant in it.

That being said I would unironically enjoy loli capitalism. I need more cute loli J**s in my life.

Anime Tanya is the second anime duck I've ever wanted to fuck.

Last Tanya before bed.
goodnight you fags

Attached: 1484366772385.jpg (517x900, 57K)

that one user never shared his tanya edits

you could just have her be schizophrenic and believes an imaginary god/devil is talking to her and any intervention is pure coincidence

I'd argue that the only pointless thing would be making it genderbender but that seems to be justification for her having no sexdrive.
Or maybe no one would care, half this thread wants to fuck her regardless.

>fantasy WWI Germany Jeanne d'arc(Johanna von Arcannesburg)
I want this now.

You're just being a contrarian now. There are indeed isekai where nothing would change but Tanya is not one them.

Attached: 1367182997313.jpg (364x480, 24K)

Sorry for jumping to conclusive comparisons. I obviously don't understand anything about history. Thank you for clarifying. Willy Rohr was a German Army officer who was a major contributor to the development of infantry tactics in World War I, particularly for the system of Storm Battalions. If Tanya is closer to him than Hitler, then a German dub with that in mind wouldn't be bad?

Attached: 1557811286879.png (250x250, 77K)

You're just turning apples into oranges here, bud. It's a meaningless conversion. Both ways, you're left wanting for some proper retroactive development, but the edgy hardline salaryman explanation is quick and easy to understand while you're asking for some fucking epic of literature in the prologue. There is no satisfying way to reach the same starting line in a non-isekai story without millions of contrivances piling atop each other. You can't just handwave it away as being easy for a "good writer". You are obligated to provide whatever shitty fanfiction you're using to rationalize this here, and if it's longer than a single episode length or even remotely shallow, it's inferior to Youjo Senki's succinct introduction.

>Overlord but Ainz is teleported to his world along with the base
>modern weaponry can't even pierce his low level resistance
I'd read that spinoff

>Bret Easton Ellis writes American Psycho as a cautionary tale of how bad unchecked capitalism is
>Everybody adores Pat Bateman and worships his holy Chadness

>Carlo Zen wants to meme Capitalism out of existence with lolis
>Creates a hella based "second empire best empire" trench loli that everybody loves

It's like it's a subconcious thing that virgins do who won't admit to themselves that they want to be chads.

>but he's definitely a fucking commie lover.
I've only watched 6 episodes of the anime so far and this is pretty obvious.

>Gate but good
I'd read it too.

I don't get it, can you guys explain what tips off CZ as a commie lover?

>remotely shallow
Nothing can be as shallow as current YS

don't bring your logic here

It has very little to do with Youjo Senki and more so to do with his own views.
look at anything he says personally. His Twitter, his blog. He mentions commie shit a bunch.

Its kind of hilarious, just because its happened so many different times.
People fall in love with these characters.

Attached: 1485575548936.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Oh that explains it, I was thinking I was just too stupid and missed it.

>I was thinking I was just too stupid and missed it.
Nah. He wrote Youjo Senki as an over the top parody of opposing political views. Probably didn't think it would catch on like it did.

Attached: 1489816168363.png (1280x1455, 1.28M)

Do you know of any other examples?

Of CZ specifically? None other than what I've said ITT. Just look at what he says online.
Generally, with commie bait and switch characters? I dunno, Starship Troopers? A Clockwork Orange? Animal Farm? Nothing specifically anime related I can think of atm.

Attached: 1486857692727.png (1677x942, 1.65M)

Take away Tanya being a salaryman her character would become entirely different.

Reasoning won't convince people who are determined to win an argument on Yea Forums. They are just masking their desire for a pure loli to fap over with the whole 'isekai element not needed' and making vague remarks about how you can rewrite it ezpz when they clearly can't even show a good example that can't be taken apart by faggots here.

So it's better to just skip straight to the point, which is calling them out for being pussies and not manning up to their 2D fetishes.

actually yeah
would make her more badass if she was just some little orphan joan of arc

Shield hero wouldn't

t. nonbeliever of the Chicago School of Economics

So what? Any back story is better than isekai. Bad childhood, crazy experiment... many things can lead to an insane loli. Isekai is a lazy writer's shortcut

And how are you going to justify her military knowledge? Just admit that you want to remove the Isekai aspect because of your subjective taste.

>would make her more badass if she was just some little orphan joan of arc
I don't tend to like prodigy children who are better than any adult just because. Even if I do like Joan of Arc. Having a 21th century man in the body of a little girl thrown into a WWI scenario is, to be, the perfect combination of completely off the wall and plausible.

wtf did you even watch/read it? It clearly states that they are a constitutional republic with limited suffrage but all other rights are guaranteed

It literally wouldn't work if it wasn't.
Every issue or comedy comes from the Salaryman being retarded and projecting his values and current knowledge on the past

Exactly. The combination of dissonance of values caused by a time and cultural displacement plus an acceptable level of sociopathy for a successful businessman leads to Tanya's particular brand of madness that makes her come across as more of a psycho to everyone who meets her than she really is. I do wonder why she smiles the way she does, however; most people find it unbelievably creepy, but she never seems to comment on it.

Manga-only pleb here. Could only be bothered to find English translations up to chapter 38.
Is it worth my watching the animu? Does the anime/movie go beyond that point in the story, does it deviate from the manga any?

It wpuld be better if it weren't for that shit artstyle.

No it literally wouldn't. Unless you also give the native Kazuma a fuckton of knowledge about modern technology and japanese cultural norms, at which point, you might as well just make him come from Japan anyway.

Which makes him a cool guy. If he was retarded he would have had spun it in a way that makes communism magically work.

Anime goes further. Manga is around the series' episode 8 if I remember correctly.

I'm reading American Psycho at the moment and its angle is extremely obvious even without the whole axe murderer thing.
I'd say the Youjo Senki guy just expressed his views poorly in the work.

I takes a lot of mental gymnastics to read Tanya as a positive portrayal of her philosophy.
No one is arguing that the books or show are communist apologetics but thinking it stands with the Salaryman is fucking retarded.

This show may very well be the cringiest anime out there right now.

I don't think you watched it then because tanya is scenario 2
but the show is great
I know its made to appeal to the japonese but I'm sure every nerd/NEET/manchild from the US, EU and everyone on Yea Forums has fantasized about being thrown into WoW aswell

form of government doesn't imply what form of politics they practice. the government invading the bug planet reminded me of hitler's Lebensraum and the government justified it by doing a false flag attack on buenos airos.
by placing restraints on non-military from voting, holding government office, or having babies you swing the spectrum way to the right. military even had control over education and did history from their perspective. i'm really just basing this on the director's comment of "War makes fascists of us all".

And? Not much different from the normal fantasy LotR setting of some "weakling" as MC who develops into someone couragous over time, along with some big bad Dark Lord as an antagonist.
Neither is it different from the Sci-Fi Dystopia/Cyberpunk setting of "independent mercenary/merchant/smuggler doing their own things" with their spaceship and crew.
Don't even get me started on Mecha and war/conflict scenarios. No one cared about "almost identical settings that split up from each other over time" until isekai came along. Now the starting point somehow is super important for some unexplainable reason?

At the start, sure, but as soon as she gets into the isekai she's the pragmatic sane person who wants out of a pointless war. She's basically Blackadder.

>she's the pragmatic sane person who wants out of a pointless war.
Everybody wants out of the war.
I think you are kind of missing that everything Tanya leads deeper into the war and further escalates the violence.

read

>further escalates the violence
You mean the time she shat all over the commie capitol?
Please, that was just once. And pedo-in-chief would have done his all-in assault with or without the ruined commie monuments because his dick is stronger than his brain.
Up to all of the adapted parts of the LN, Tanya hasn't had any real opportunity to affect the outcome of the war.

>You mean the time she shat all over the commie capitol?
Or Arene.
Or not!Romania.
Tanya's actions are completly out of sync with her professed love of peace. For fucks sake she comes off as psychotic to her superiors because she's projecting buisness mentality on the army.

Not sure what that post got to do with unnaturally high attention toward "identical settings". The "motive" for having a particular setting is irrelevant, since that by itself has no influence on the work of fiction's quality. If you write it well enough, then even a litRPG or isekai setting might become the greatest work of fiction ever as long as enough people actually like the genre.

She follows orders and executes them as efficiently as possible. War implies killing, and the objective of all war is to once again reach peace. Thus, if by killing "x" number of people in a way that deters others from getting themselves killed in war is the fastest way to end the conflict, then peace loving Tanya will act as such in order to conclude the fighting as quickly as possible.

>only realistic career path for Duck's young self is military under current circumstances
>ideal would be being a military officer in peace times
>losing the war would be out of question as she, due to due "accidently" becoming an Ace, she herself may be demanded as "compensation" and if the empire got annexxed then she'd lose her position in the military.
>hence victory, or at least inconclusive end via somewhat equal peace treaty are the only options Duck can strive for
>if "acting humane" might endanger the greater picture results, it'd be tantamout to suicide to do so
>hence doing "legal loophole warcrimes" is the best option for her own survival

>because tanya is scenario 2
That's quite literally not true though.

>businessman/programmer/overworked
Businessman more or less but that's such a broad term virtually anything can fit, he was middle management and it was a job he was content with.
>everyday is the same
Was never implied
>guys life consists of going to work then going home to eat and sleep to get ready for work the next day
This too was never implied
>nothing to do on the weekends
This too was never implied
>gets ripped from his boring life to a new world that makes his life more exciting
He gets ripped from his happy life into a complete shithole that is worse in every conceivable way.
>with or without a harem
irrelevant point.
Ultimately just from the dialog with being x you should be able to see that his situation is nothing like most other isekai MCs because there too he points out that his life is good.

This.

>literal brainlet that has not read it
Why even bother?
>justified it by doing a false flag attack on buenos airos.
>false flag
The bugs were the ones to initiate the war, there was no false flag.
>justified it by doing a false flag attack on buenos airos.
Non military could vote you just have to go into civil service and work for the privilege, this does not mean you had to go to the mobile infantry for all it matters you could spend years shoveling shit of the roads and earn the right.
> i'm really just basing this on the director's comment
Oh now this explains it, you base your shit ideas on the opinions of a retard who failed to properly adapt a book, because he had a hateboner for fascism and desperately needed to paint starship troopers as such despite it being nothing like it.

Tensei Slime. Otherworld-Summoning is pretty much common knowledge in the fantasy world and a story element that's neatly integrated into the narrative, with properly explained lore for most things.

it would be better if it was written by Togashi

Attached: 1541832567473.jpg (226x223, 8K)

What would happen if someone from our Earth got isekai'd to the HxH world with "cheat powers"?

they'd instantly become a based chad

Attached: 1530930717367.jpg (1280x720, 53K)

based

I wanna marry Tanya when she's 19 and busty!

Attached: Tanya adult3.jpg (2098x2518, 1.32M)

>implying Sonzai X will allow Tanya to grow out of her loli body

>implying I'll allow Sonzai X to stop Tanya's growth

Attached: 1555729741859.jpg (522x650, 48K)

>implying I'll allow you to stop Sonzai X from keeping Tanya in her delicious body

Severe overexertion, childhood malnutrition. Guaranteed no full development in her future. Probably won't have her first period until 19.

>it's the malnutrition meme
Then she'd have a slow mind too. You can't pick and choose.

There is also the fact that author specifically wanted to write isekai just to see with how much shit he can get away with.

Physical development is stunted far more obviously than mental development. While intelligent, she clearly shows lots of signs of significant cognitive dysfunction.

Makes completely irrational decisions (which always work out because an evil god is manipulating her life), can't read the emotional responses of her peers accurately, has severe rage-fits, and often loses control of her own delusions and speech.

Due to all the combat drugs she's taking, she'll end up like Minnie May Hopkins. She already sorta look like her.

>tutu
>god fucks a duck

>Tanya
>god tries to fuck over a duck

pottery

That's not a slow mind. A slow mind as in her brain developed mental retardation from iron deficiency, a difficult time understanding mathematics. The only mental issues Tanya experiences are when god fucks with her, the rest is due to her preexisting sociopathic tendencies.

>bookfag
ok but i'm talking about the movie. noone reads the book.
>there was no false flag
i know the war had been going on long before the plot of the movie. humans would have to been on the alert for any attacks. so how would the bugs even get the asteroid to earth from across the galaxy without humans noticing?
>Non military could vote
had the choices of joining military, give up your high-paying job to do free manual labor, or volunteer to have weapons tested on you in human experimentation. so basically military was the only choice a self-respecting human being would choose, even the book points out how shitty the other options are.

i'm just saying it's fascism because it's essentially right-wing military rule where you get a free-card to exclude anti-war libs and bankster jews from politics and the human gene pool by making them choose between military service designed to turn them right-wing and their comfortable lives.

>Tanya
>Controlled by a nameless "commander" with schizophrenia who fights for both sides of the conflict across timelines

Attached: TanyaCC.jpg (297x500, 64K)

>ITT Tanya bros getting along and having a pleasant discourse
Nice
Except for this guy Fuck this guy.

Attached: 1485569447283.png (631x713, 384K)

Wow rude! Tanya needs some meat on her if she's gonna have a comfy office job!

Attached: Tanya lewd.jpg (700x1500, 511K)

Yeah, what a retard. Adult Tanya would be tall and flat, not tall and a titty monster.

everyone seems to be forgetting that Tanya wasn't just an office drone in her past life, she was an extremely ambitious, cutthroat businessman who likely would've made CEO had he not been murdered.

tanya didn't show up to notEarth with a full knowledge of military tactics, she learned most of what she knows (aside from the Earth history) from studying. she's shown to be constantly studying all throughout her time at war college and officer school, and even spent all of her weekends studying in the library. she's an a-type personality and obsessive workaholic, which is why she was able to become one of the 12 knights in the first place.

to put it simply, her experience as a salaryman isn't necessarily what has made her so successful. it's because she learned how to study and understood the importance of reading. it's not really shown in the anime so much, but its clear from the LN and manga that Tanya understands the importance of being well-read, and that's a really mature trait that wouldn't really make sense if the character wasn't isekai'd, and if the character wasn't isekai'd from a world where being well-read is an essential part of being successful.

why a man though? i don't think as a culture we associate personality and drive like his with females, to be frank. i think tanya works so well because her personality is so blatantly un-feminine, and it's actually kind of entertaining to watch her struggle with accepting her feminine side as the story goes on.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

Self insert fags are the reason.

I wish I had that kind of drive, to be honest.
Even then, Tanya does admit that all of the work she puts into every task she tackles is out of a sense of duty to see the job done, for only then it will be acceptable to rest and have fun. She mentioned in the first volume that one of the key reasons to work as hard as she does is to enjoy as much spare time as humanly possible. While he was first arguing with Being X he even admitted to playing videogames.

13 year old Tanya is growing!

Attached: Tanya Vol_7_Ch_2_Pg_111_Bad_scan_LQ.png (1346x2000, 2.15M)

She's completly flat in that pic

But she's taller.

flat is justice

>giving this much of a fuck if it is
While you're bitching i'm going to be enjoying it regardless.

Attached: 666.png (520x729, 586K)

>one of the key reasons to work as hard as she does is to enjoy as much spare time as humanly possible.

I think that's just one of the reasons.

Remember in his past life he was working hard to get the "cushy life of an executive," and now she's working hard to get a "cushy life in the rear." Tanya's goal in this life is virtually identical to the one she had before, it's just that now there's more incentive for her to succeed. It'd only make sense that she's as successful as she is. If it wasn't isekai, she'd be a Mary Sue in the worst of ways.

The mary sue in this series is literally Mary Sue. Tanya is just a neurotic sociopath who understands how to climb a corporate ladder (protip, hitting Major is the start of your political career in the military). There's nothing mary sue about people bust their ass.

Is everyone in this thread ready to be disciplined?

Attached: Tanya Discipline.jpg (1000x1414, 182K)

tanya is hella cute in that pic. so much better without that instagram duck face.

I believe that that user thought that without the add-on of the story taking place within the realms of the isekai genre Tanya's drive to success wouldn't be realistic; a little girl wouldn't have that kind of drive. It would also mean that her treating war as business wouldn't make much sense.

Get that overlord shit out of here

I like how they went for the obvious pairing that these two are. Even here we discussed a few times how if Tanya was transported to Nazarick she'd become friends with Demiurge rather quickly.

That's true. Without the isekai you'd have a pretty short story of an orphan who gets conscripted and killed in a banker's war.

Isekai Quartet, user; get your shitposting right.

Is Mary Sue even really a "Mary Sue" though?

Sure she's has bullshit super powers, but that's all because of Tanya. I don't think it's explained in the anime at all but in the LN/manga, the other gods were upset about Being X's pissing match with Tanya, so he gives the other gods permission to perform 3 miracles in order to offset it. Now while it is just a coincidence that all 3 gods decided, separately without consulting each other, to use their 1 miracle to give Mary Sue divine power and protections. That's why Mary Sue is powerful, and it's a direct result of Tanya's actions and not a random occurrence.

In the movie, Mary Sue is hot-headed and her rash, vengeful pursuit of Tanya results in mission failure, the death of her squad mates, and the crushing defeat of the Federation she was tasked with saving. She's constantly reprimanded for her hot-headedness and poor military discipline, and her allies express a very low opinion of her, even if they're reverent of the extremely high mana levels she possesses.

Mary Sue survives being shot several times by Tanya as a direct result of the divine intervention of the gods. It's not inexplicable plot armor, but rather the lesser gods' active attempts to thwart Tanya and return the world to it's natural path.

Mary Sue is not even a good self-insert character. She is not a Mary Sue.

Tanya is perfect just the way she is, you prancing lala homo man.

Attached: 1508905206972.jpg (850x1233, 128K)

Part of the joy of being with Tanya is watching her grow up you luddite!

Attached: Tanya Adult1.jpg (768x1024, 94K)

>Is Mary Sue even really a "Mary Sue" though?
If you follow along public definitions she pretty much is. If you followed Yea Forums definition because she's not perfect in absolutely every area then no.

>I mean the only major difference narrative wise is now it's not gay to fap to her.

>Be born a girl
>Fall in love with a boy
>Remember one of your past lives where you were a dude
>Suddenly your relationship is gay and your boyfriend is gay

nice logic Yea Forums

I'm a busy guy. Someday soon.

fpbp

The joy of being with Tanya is being with Tanya, you whoreson. It is all encompassing and singular.

Attached: 1490557258510.jpg (768x1024, 88K)

>Tanya will never discipline you

Attached: 1484408709244.png (610x686, 494K)

That's the full joy of being with Tanya! You can't just rearrange the words I used and pretend that it's your own thought!

Attached: Tanya big.jpg (850x1063, 211K)

If you don't shut your gay homo mouth Tanya is going to shoot you in your faggot face.
Why don't love Tanya for who she is? You're clearly a false prophet of Sonzai X.

Attached: 1485180477063.jpg (1920x1080, 313K)

only fags like big tits.

based

Attached: 1488557936948.png (700x900, 282K)

unbased and bluepilled

Attached: 67107327_p0.png (2400x1600, 2.7M)

Go jerk off to 3DPD, you fucking normalfag doublenigger

Attached: 1485545011279.png (580x677, 128K)

(1/2)
No, even among the public definitions she's not a Mary Sue. I'll be brief by making statements that describe Mary Sues, and then refuting it.

"Everyone loves her:" Very important trait that Mary Sue in the story does not have. The gods see her as a means to defeat the influence that Tanya is having over the world, Tanya thinks Mary is a raging psycho, her allies think she's undisciplined and reckless, and generally seem to have low opinions of her.

"Speshul, because of what she is and not what she does:" It's a common trait of Mary Sues that they're born special. Bella has exceptionally tasty blood, Beatrice is a divergent, Rey is a manifestation of the force, etc etc. Mary Sue is born a normal girl without any affinity for mana, but is chosen by the gods to be their champion because her and her family were exceptionally pious and Mary prayed almost non-stop.

"Exceptionally skilled without explanation:" Subverted. Even after acquiring her magical god powers, Mary Sue still uses the standard US spell set, she just pours more magical power into it. This makes her abilities uncontrollable, resulting in huge collateral damage without any damage to her intended target (Tanya). She is also a terrible shot and doesn't markedly improve despite all her practice.

"The world bends around her:" Another Mary Sue trait is that the story overlooks the failures of the Mary Sue, usually because the author isn't aware of them, and their successes are over hyped by the people around her. Mary Sues also rarely have to face consequences for their actions, which Mary Sioux does: she gets her squad killed, fails her mission, and allows Tanya to defeat the Federation.

Attached: 5423644034021f42b1142f494f59ba19.png (790x908, 697K)

>norp tourist trying to fit in this hard
Wew.

Attached: [Coalgirls]_Costanza_(16x16_Blu-ray_FLAC)_[ISHYGDDT].gif (16x16, 3.99M)

(2/2)
"Flaws that aren't flaws:" Mary Sues are notorious for having these. For example, Captain Marvel in that new Marvel movie is said to be "reckless and hotheaded," and it's one of the "flaws" she "works on" throughout the movie. However, there isn't a single negative consequence resulting from this "flaw" and rather, at the end of the film, her being hot-headed and reckless actually saves the day in the end. Another example of this is the exhausting "being too beautiful" flaw that Mary Sues often have, or they'll be "plain" but have every named character treat her as if she's beautiful. Mary Sioux's many flaws are real flaws that hold her back and prevent her from defeating Tanya and aren't solely there to spice up an uninteresting character.

"A self-insert for the author:" No. Tanya is the self-insert. Nobody watches this show wanting to be the unpopular, incompetent, unintelligent, soldier of revenge that is Mary Sioux's character. There aren't boys foaming at the mouth for the right to rail her, she doesn't even really do anything cool. She's not a celebrity, she's not an unstoppable warrior-philosopher, she's not even considered for leadership in her own damn squad.

IN CONCLUSION: Mary Sioux misses the mark on nearly every aspect that makes a character a Mary Sue, and this is on top of the fact that she's not even the progaonist. Being stupidly powerful doesn't make you a Sue. Sauron isn't a Sue. Emperor Palpatine isn't a Sue, and neither is Ra's Al Ghul.

Tanya... on the other hand...

Attached: sample_a760a27f1fc399e38cc2970f406072f0.jpg (850x1203, 1.03M)

>no u
Great rebuttal retard

Attached: 1484973254895.png (544x499, 211K)

All you've done is spout buzzwords and shitposts. Stop posting.

>the fat guy is a pedo and a masochist
I knew it, you just can't trust fatties

Your the faggot shitposting about muh big tiddies.
Go fuck yourself asshole.

Attached: 1485493870619.jpg (500x500, 72K)

only because the isekai aspect is a pretty good gag at the start, but it would probably be fine if it wasnt though.

You're using the Yea Forums definition where a Mary Sue has to be perfect in every way. Mary Sioux is a Mary Sue because she is given inexplicable power because the story requires her to. She also survives all of her encounters with Tanya, whom you have implied to be the actual Mary Sue.

Tanya is not a self-insert either. You don't self-insert as a hyper-competitive alpha male who succeeds at everything he does. Tanya is also pretty explicitly not an idealized character that CZ wishes he was, he actively despises her.

I'll fully admit Mary Sioux should be renamed to Mary Jobber, though. I consider her a Mary Sue solely due to her performing tasks she shouldn't be able to with her amount of experience and training, and her current plot device being to upstage the protagonist.

Saihate no Paladin has to be the biggest offender of this.
>"Mom, dad, actually I was reincarnated from another world"
>literally added nothing of worth to the story

It's a good story with amazing character development because MC learned the isekai magic arts from scratch without having prior modern world knowledge or super secret cheat talent.
I just don't get why would the author slip in the fact that MC got reincarnated, serves no purpose

Attached: coffee.jpg (335x378, 17K)

why is rhiner fat in my porn mangas

he's got a wide frame, sure, but he's also a squad commander in the most elite imperial battalion in the most elite army in the world.

WHERE IS HIS FUKEN 6 PACK

Attached: ytho.png (554x830, 611K)

The megumin spinoff would have been great as an adaptation but reconsidering the Crimson Demons only exist because of genetic engineering from an isekai'd guy then it wouldn't work

A Mary Sue does not have to be "perfect in every way." There are many tells that show whether a character is designed to be a strong agent in the narrative, or a wish-fulfillment self-insert. I discussed nearly every facet of what distinguishes the two and you still only managed to repeat yourself instead of mentioning ANYTHING that was brought up in the discussion.

Being "perfect in every way" does not make someone a Mary Sue, and having flaws doesn't make someone not a Mary Sue. It's all about the purpose the character serves in the narrative.

I repeated myself because you don't get what purpose Mary Sioux serves. If the author states she's a Mary Sue, then there's probably a reason for that.

You missed Heinlein's main point more completely than Veerhoeven. The main idea behind Starship Troopers is questioning universal suffrage. There are no carrots or sweet lies designed to lure people into service like we have in the US, only sticks to do the opposite. The service chooses what you will do, it could be anything from shoveling shit or shooting skinnies. You proves you're willing to look beyond your own self interest in casting your vote. A citizen proves his stake in society by sacrificing for society. Do you deserve to have a say in government if you can't choose between your comfortable life and the common good?

All of this was in the movie, but I guess you didn't pay attention in History and Moral Philosophy, or during Rico's induction.

I explained, in detail, what the purpose of what a Mary Sue is. I then explained how Mary Sioux does not fulfill that purpose and why she isn't actually a Mary Sue. Your original argument was "She's a Mary Sue by public definitions" and your rebuttal was she is a Mary Sue because "she is given inexplicable power because the story requires her to."

No. Being given powers does not make you a Mary Sue. Magnedo is not a Mary Sue just because he's overpowered in his own universe. Sauron isn't a Mary Sue for his inexplicable powers that only exist for the purposes of the plot. Ganondorf isn't a Mary Sue because he's powerful enough to single-handedly destroy the world.

In fact, inexplicably overpowered villains are a hallmark of fiction and exist even in the best stories.

I believe the author named her "Mary Sioux" to take the piss out of all the common anime tropes she exhibits. On the surface, she's a parody that gets deconstructed and then subverted as the narrative unfolds. She is NOT a Mary Sue.

Attached: e569f57553893e5f06144f4f7a3ebf62.jpg (900x716, 155K)

he didn't exactly paint the nazis in a good light. but I don't think he did that for any of the nations

People also forget that the authors of the Warhammer 40k universe are also huge pinko SJW fag lords but they manage to divorce their politics from their work. The fact that they can write a theocratic fascist dictatorship so well likely stems from the fact that they have such an intimate hatred for it.

It's a weird phenomenon but it's a lot more common than one would think. It doesn't at all surprise me that Carlo is the same way, and chooses to focus on writing a good story rather than evangelizing his political beliefs. It means he understands his medium and the importance of artistic integrity.

Tanya is a weird series, the isekai part of it isn't really that pointless but Tanya being a salaryman is, if she had been a military otaku or self defense force veteran or something it would have worked better, also the gender bender part of it is completely vestigial never being utilized to any extent.
If Tanya had simply been some run of the mill peasant girl from the world she lives in she would be more of a product of that world and not nearly as strange compared to everyone else.

>being a salaryman is pointless
t. never watched American Psycho

But how does him having been a salaryman translate to knowing dick about armed conflict or battlefield tactics?

It doesn't.
Have you never read a book in your life?
Do they teach you nothing in history class?
Do you suddenly become unable to read books?

Tanya spends most of her spare time reading war books. This is shown in the LN and manga more than the anime.

Was Tanya reading these books before coming to the new world?

Most of her reading habits would have pertained to economic knowledge before NW. Since she faced conscription in the NW, she joined ahead of time, and as someone who chases success, she naturally heavily read into military tactics and strategy. She went to an officer school, so regardless she would have learnt the bare minimum to lead.

She references a lot of military events in real world history. Tanya is pretty well read.

I like that she played it down at the beginning, saying that it is just " 'basic education' because that's fundamental for functioning in the world."

A lot of military events are pretty interesting reads, like Changping, where a guy was so eager to attack his opponent he left his supply train wide open for attack, shortly ensuring he and his like 300-400k strong army surrender due to starvation and get executed.

The start of the Second Balkan War is also pretty fun; Bulgaria got so eager to enact revenge on Serbia and Greece that she just went up and attacked them so fast that not even her own generals could react to what was going on. After a lot of grueling fighting they manage to get a foothold against the Greeks, only to be rammed from behind by the Romanians, who were pissed with the Bulgarians because of how these had screwed over Romania at the end of the First Balkan War. The Romanian army just strolls through a completely undefended Bulgaria, as they had pulled all their troops to fight Serbia and Greece, and the Romanians end up meeting with the Serbians within Bulgarian borders. The result is that Bulgaria loses most of the land she had claimed from the Ottomans in the First Balkan War and her hopes for reunification are squandered, which will lead her to join the Central Powers in WWI. The Balkans are in general a complete clusterfuck that's also really fun to read up on about.

Mikey did it the best.

Attached: 1837.png (259x194, 116K)

HEY HEY

I wonder if nukes will ever be a thing in this world. Magic bullets shot through a rifle seem able to compete with the artillery of big guns.

based, only reverse isekai is interesting
even when they bring modern equipment to the isekai world they story might as well have been set in africa or the colonial age

From what I can see, magic bullets have the same firepower as the A-10's cartridges (though not at the same rate of fire).
They're not much different from main battle tanks with the flight characteristics of helicopters.

She wouldn't have her adult knowledge and wouldn't have her grudge against being X.

Attached: 1554554178715.jpg (1447x2046, 219K)

But their Hitler might be a little Girl, too.

Attached: 1498901415121.png (370x640, 314K)

>eternal loli
Literally perfection. Just diamonds.

Attached: 1494053158905.jpg (1000x1416, 295K)

*kills thread*