Who had the best arc?

Who had the best arc?

Attached: 1485373753237.jpg (707x500, 75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Homura.

Homura

Mami

Rebellion exists so Homura.

Homura.

None of them.

Them, on the first episodes

Attached: 1339359981028.gif (546x700, 151K)

homura due the fact the 11 episode wrap the series along the 12th episode but the 11 was the peak of it

Seyiku!

Sayaka. When she becomes meguca all the posting and fun is focused on her.

Meruem

Attached: 243861.jpg (225x350, 35K)

Homura.
kek

You're talking about character arcs?
If including Rebellion, Homura.
If not, Madoka.

Homura, she is perfect

BASED Hunterchad

Homu has tons of flaws

Chadmura > Meduka = Sayakek

Attached: AI YO.webm (1280x720, 2.25M)

Madoka chads, is this show still worth watching, for the first time in 2019, knowing it's a deconstruction of the magical girl genre? Does stand up without the shock value of watching it when it came out?

It's a good show on its own merits without whatever buzzwords you want to use to categorize it.

>"flaws"
>perfect and smart badass who survives hundreds of timelines
>is the cool reasonable girl and everyone who argues with her dies horribly
>the only girl who can fight the super witch final boss and bend the laws of fate

She's gay

Attached: 1546615228525.jpg (640x640, 20K)

Local girl

The show has no character arcs.
Sayaka, Mami and Kyoko being side-characters doesn't give them arcs - they just die.

In any case, Homura is best girl and the only non-jobber. Hell, the whole show, anime and movie are about her.

Rebellion exists so not Homura

Probably Homura.

>survives hundreds of timelines
Because Madoka protects her.
>everyone who argues with her dies horribly
And she can't prevent it.
>the only girl who can fight the super witch final boss
She literally loses every time.

Attached: 1536783601838.jpg (1103x1080, 139K)

>show, anime and movie
hurr, I meant to say
>show, manga and movie

"yamete urusai"

Haa?!

Attached: 1401866647207.png (594x549, 275K)

Homura for obvious reasons, followed by Sayaka. Her spiral was extremely well executed. Mami was just a plot device (not a criticism). Kyouko's arc perhaps could have been more fleshed out (not in the span of 12 episodes though), but her sacrifice followed by the ending song were pure kinography. Rebellion also gave her arc a very satisfying conclusion.

Attached: maxresdefault (1).jpg (1280x720, 70K)

Yes, because the "deconstrction" aspect is only minor and has really nothing to do with what makes it good.
The only ones who go around calling Madoka a "deconstruction" are brainlets who have been on tv tropes too much and baiters.

>he didn't watch Madoka
You either watch it or you GET OUT.
I recommend you read the Wraith Arc manga, too.
If you want in on the Rebellion brainfuck read it afterwards, but you can read it chronologically after the anime and before the (3rd) movie, too.

>22
>44
>00
Homura is the real God.

Please don't watch it, you don't deserve it.

>read the Wraith Arc manga
Oh and don't forget to play the gacha too!

>he hasn't watched AOTD

Attached: 1534917656692.jpg (491x495, 52K)

Madoka is worth watching in 2019, even if you have already seen it 2000 times, and wrote and published papers about the interpretations and meaning of every single frame, so yes.

yikes.

Wraith Arc is good

Attached: Cuckdoka.jpg (565x548, 77K)

Don't listen to this. Just watch Rebellion directly after the anime. It's much better and the Mangas are all not canon.

Honestly, Sayaka's arc was the main narrative arc for most of the series. The one which showcased most of the themes of the show. It's clearly the arc the Butcher was most invested in, as wrecking moralfags is his forte.

It's neither good nor canon. Stop pushing your shit taste.

Homura

Wraith arc is the only "canon" manga, which makes sense since it does nothing but tie anime and movie together, and does so pretty well.
It's not canon canon, but I read two of the Madoka dudes said it was.

>deconstruction of the magical girl genre
I don't have a punchline, but "dark magical girl anime" have existed since before Princess Tutu.

Attached: chadkoto.jpg (225x350, 25K)

based

>HxH still popular and relevant
>Madotrash is dead and forgotten

Hunterchads can't stop winning

>tie anime and movie together
They don't need "tying". It's utterly irrelevant for the narrative and just an excuse to shit out fanservice for tasteless fags like you.

Wraith arc is fun

>fanservice
There was fanservice is that manga?
It distinctly sounds like you didn't read it - and that's fine - in fact I couldn't care less whether you understand what happened in the meantime or not, but you might as well stop spewing your opinions - they are no better than mine.

This Rebellion does not need to be "tied" together to the show in any way.

Sayaka and it's not even close.
Only other interesting character/arc was Homura, but that got ruined by Rebellion.

Tamura was the only good manga.

>doesn't know what 'fanservice' means
>types like a rebbitor
Whew, the summer started early this year.

Go ahead and enlighten me.
What does fanservice mean?
>ad hominem
I'm not the one sounding like underagebanned at least.

Tart was great you pleb.

>underagebanned
Who?

Attached: Fan service - Wikipedia 5-20-2019 12-16-12 AM.png (1322x113, 77K)

It was meh. Though it was way better than the other original shit they made at least.

Do people unironically enjoy this series, or is it just pedophiles jerking off to little girls once again?

Madoka is good but most of the "fanbase" just does the latter.

For pedophiles jerking off to little girls that want to appear mature and smart.

>jerking off to the megucas
But how? They're basically unlewdable.

Hunterchad chad as usual

Homura(‘s slow decent into madness)

I think Ren had the best arc overall, but my favorite character is still Asakura.

Attached: oja.jpg (1280x720, 202K)

Ryuki is far better than Madoka.

Sure, but that's only because it has great voice acting, great music and Inu Curry. People who overanalyze the writing fundamentally misunderstand what kind of a writer Butcher is. He makes sure that the overall big picture is entertaining and flows well, and he likes to throw a bunch of interesting questions in the air. He doesn't have the answers though and he doesn't give a fuck about the small details. He literally cares way more about where to end each episode than any of the stuff people spend hours analyzing.

If you're reading any further into anything, you are either seeing patterns in noise or it's something that Inu Curry put in there just for the lulz independently of Butcher.

At least Madoka is a better Ryuki Ripoff than Gaim was.

But yes, Madoka could've benefited from an Asakura/Tojo/Shibaura style character. Especially an Asakura.

Based

Almost sounds like you still didn't see your error, but then again how could you not having read the manga?
It's nothing but a story bridging the gaps.
In fact it's roughly as brainfucky as Rebellion too.
I wouldn't call that fanservice, even if fans wanted such a thing.
If it was then any sequal or prequel would be fanservice - fans wanted it after all - and it's not that simple.

Butcher himself said on an interview that Kyouko was supposed to be the Asakura of the show, but he changed his mind.

There's incredibly little fanservice and pandering in it.
Basically this.

Don't forget the Urobutcher wrote it.

>"I know the author's intent guys, trust me!"
>implying author's intent even matters

Attached: smugdoka (1).jpg (680x680, 108K)

Turning an Asakura into a Kitaoka was a poor choice, overall.

Then again, he also said fucking Takatora was supposed to be Gaim's Ouja, so he doesn't seem to really get what Ouja was there for.

Of course the author's intent matters. It's a form of communication and just as much as it is their job to communicate their message as clearly as they can, it's your job to not go out your way to misunderstand it on purpose.

Are the movies worth it?
I love the original but i never watched the movies cause i felt like they were cashgrabs since the story was told in the 12 episodes with a great ending

Yeah, Kyouko's character is just a rushed mess.

>i felt like they were cashgrabs
They are.
Don't bother.

Eeeh, the truth lies somewhere in between, I think.
An authors ambition can both fall short and soar higher than intended or expected.
In other words: he might fail even getting across what he intended.
On the other hand: he might give people more than he hisself realized or planned.
The latter are the true masterworks, where an artist surpasses hisself.

Mami
>mature girl who's actually scared on the inside
>dies before her character arc finishes
Sayaka
>genki girl that falls into despair after she gets cucked
Kyouko
>pragmatic nihilist who suddenly becomes a romantic before she dies
Madoka
>timid middle school student who burdens herself with the faith of all magical girls for eternity
Homura
>shy and timid autist who obsesses over the first friend she ever made

I would analyze Madoka the same even if a monkey accidentally wrote it on a typewriter. You're an idiot for trying to guess author's intent when everything relevant is directly on the screen in front of you. You clearly aren't familiar with 'Death of the Author', so I'm not going to waste an hour responding to your non-sequitur

There's very little new in the first 2 movies, which just retell the anime, but if you plan to rewatch it anyway the movies are fair game for the few changed or added scenes.

Don't spoil it for ignorant-kun.
But your analysis is good.

'Death of the Author' is an overgrown meme that only pseuds give a shit about.

I don't think that's in between at all. In fact I, , agree with your post 100%. You haven't challenged the notion that analyzing author's intent is a fool's errand.

You are right, but there's still the part saying
>implying author's intent even matters
It does matter, but in a different, less tangible way.

Go watch HxH instead.

The third one?
I might actually try it then, i thought they were gonna bullshit it around with prequel and shit
I've learned to avoid these crap cause they hurt the original

>Implying the author's intent is conscious and articulated.
Do you really think butcher and the likes have put all that in there? No, OBVIOUSLY.
Do you really think that it does not exist? Of course, it exists, that is just not the way it works.

Madoka steals, that is what all of you faggots don't understand.

Madoka has literally taken ALL concepts from ALL anime that came before it, and synthesized them into a great whole.
The meta is in free fall at this point.
Madoka is a meta singularity, THAT is the reason why it is so deep.

To prove it, do the following exercise:
Take the main conflict/dilemma of some influential anime that came before it, and look at what Madoka DIRECTLY has to say about it:

Madoka disagrees with Gurren Lagann in the most radical way possible.
Madoka agrees with Evangelion but says that it is not enough to accept yourself, you need to take action.
Madoka agrees 100% with the conclusion of MuvLuvAlternative
Madoka says that the ending of Code Geass is stupid, but agrees otherwise
Madoka says that Satan was misunderstood in Devilman
Madoka says that Lain is taking things too literally with logical contradictions regarding rational actors.
Madoka says that Heaven's feel did not go far enough.

And don't get me started on Philosophy and Literature.

This is the true treasure, and it is impossible that someone deliberately put all of this in. It is impossible.
But what did happen was people seeing all of those works, all of those metaphors, all of those influences, and put it together part by part, just like that some from here, some from there. Artists, Writer, Director, all of them together, all of them adding parts to the greater whole, all of them inspiring each other.
And someway somehow, with immense luck, they manifested this result.

The number of possible consistent resonating stories is very limited. You need to understand that Madoka was not written. It manifested itself - stories are not written, they are discovered.

I meant that in connection to analyzing the work itself.
>less tangible way
Can you elaborate on this?

As it turns out, I am familiar with Death of the Author, which is literally one guy's opinion. If you ignore authorial intent, you're missing out on a shitton of substance that would help you appreciate the work of art better.

The 3rd one is Rebellion, the sequel.
The movie readaption isn't bad, but I didn't quite see the point either; guess they just wanted it to match with the sequel movie (and earn some extra moneys).

Much like I purported before.
The authors intent shapes the work, so of course it plays a role in it, but it is not the absolute authority by any means: his intent can fall short or be surpassed - or get warped in some other way.
We can neither complete ignore the authors intent nor trust it (or in many cases even know it).

>MuvLuv Alternative
>anime

People didn't magically revive at the end of MLA.

This is the most autistic post i've read in a while
Ok so EVERYTHING is stolen from Greek tragedies, case closed.
>Madoka has literally taken ALL concepts from ALL anime that came before it, and synthesized them into a great whole
Are you are retarded person?
Madoka is just a utilitarianism vs christian morality concept with a potato Jesus emerging at the end
>And people say the Yuurifag is autistic

I mean the VN.

>with a potato Jesus emerging at the end
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Writing this post
>Not having watched rebellion
Go watch Rebellion, and then come back and write this again.

>one guy's opinion
No matter how condescendingly you put it, it does in no way detract from the arguments for Death of the Author.
>If you ignore authorial intent, you're missing out on a shitton of substance
The supposed authorial intent is in fact you subconsciously projecting your views onto the author, whether you like it or not. In reality, it is an unknowable variable.
>that would help you appreciate the work of art better
Ironic, because I wasn't truly able to appreciate art before embracing the concept of Death of the Author.
Oh yes, absolutely, I agree.

Even if Madoka hatefucks toddlers to death in Rebellion this doesn't change the fact that she has a Messianic grand finale in the original

>I mean the VN

No one revives at the end of MLA nor they become a god.

>I wasn't truly able to appreciate art before
Well, you are not truly able to appreciate art now.

Tell me, when rewatching Rebellion, do you at the end get up, with tears running down your face and in the middle of the night start shouting: "Yes! Yes MY GOD, THIS IS GLORIOUS!!! I CAN NOT STAND THE BRILLIANCE!!!"
And for just one moment, it seems that this work of art redeemed the world, and all suffering and all wars of the past have been worth it for this one moment?
Is that how you react to the ending of Rebellion?
No?
Well, then you are not truly able to appreciate it.

You're projecting your views onto the work of art either way. You can take what you know about the author to help you understand it better, or you can ignore it, understand it worse, and end up projecting more of your own views onto the work than you would have otherwise.

>No one revives at the end of MLA
We are talking about this ending at pic related, right?
Tell me, what happened to the characters in the background and why are they standing there?

>nor they become a god.
They become something more than that.
If no one became god, then what lead to pic related?

Attached: KasumiCry.png (1343x786, 1.51M)

That is literally another universe. Takeru goes back to his own timeline while everybody else in the Altverse remainds dead. Don't make up your own shit up and read the VN.

>I wasn't truly able to appreciate art before embracing the concept of Death of the Author.
TIL mankind was unable to truly appreciate art until 1967.

Let's drop the hyperboles. Rebellion is the single most important work of art in my life.
>You're projecting your views onto the work of art either way.
Yes, that's unavoidable. There's no reason to obfuscate it further with another layer comprised of "author's intent".
>You can take what you know about the author
You don't truly KNOW anything about the author. That's an empirical fact. I rest my case.

>about the author
Author's intent, just to clarify.

>Implying it isn't the case in Madoka
>Implying this even matters
>What is quantum theory
Congratulations, you haven't understood the main theme of BOTH works.

>Takeru goes back to his own timeline
>Implying Extra is the same as Final Extra
Lol, did YOU play it?

the entire basis of the show revolves around Sayaka's arc until episode 10 so probably that one.

Sayaka's arc is secondary all the way.

>DUDE GODS

Go post your stupid headcanon elsewhere, madocuck.

I understand the structure of meta and human nature as a whole.
I understand the evolution of imagery through the ages.
It is not so much "death of the author" as it is "death of humanity"
An author is not someone who creates something.
An author is only someone who discovers the underlying structure.

The reason why we can not dispense with authorial intent is that the narrative structure exists at all.
If you say, "oh, a monkey could have typed it", then I would argue, that the work is only ever possibly understandably in the meta-context in the first place.
Without meta-context, for example, you wouldn't even know what a cake is. Madoka never tells you: "cake is something sweet that you eat as a desert".
If you don't even know that, how on earth are you even going to understand the cake song for example? It does not make sense. Therefore meta-context matters.

Wait, wait, you actually think the authors life story and background somehow matters in his writing?
I mean.. if you read my erotic fanfiction you'll see some of the fetishes I have, but I can tell you beyond doubt that my lifestory is completely irrelevant to it beyond that.
You want to pull a Nietzsche and analyze why I have these fetishes? How is that relevant to the story per se?
With this approach you might learn why the author wrote it the way he did, but how important is the why?
Irrelevant from a literary perspective, it matters only for psychoanalysis - and trying to understand the author won't help you much.

I like how the autist didn't reply to this, lmao. Madokeks are a joke.

Mami, of course.

Attached: 1542519481859.jpg (900x1080, 732K)

>Yes, that's unavoidable. There's no reason to obfuscate it further with another layer comprised of "author's intent".
The author did actually have an intent whether you care about it or not, and therefore it is necessarily always "obfuscated" by that layer. If you strive to understand it, you can un-obfuscate some of it.

>You don't truly KNOW anything about the author['s intent]. That's an empirical fact. I rest my case.
I don't know Butcher as a person to any extent, but I am familiar enough with how he writes to say with pretty high confidence that trying to find meaning in the small details in Madoka is an exercise in futility. He talks about these things in interviews and it's apparent from everything he's done.

The life story is largely irrelevant, I care about the writing techniques. I don't give a fuck about analyzing why you have those fetishes, but I might learn to appreciate your writing more if I learn your thought process behind hitting enter after every sentence.

It's okay. I used to be obsessed with it in 2011 but having watched it three times I can see it's flaws more. Also don't watch Rebellion despite what the people here tell you, it ruins a great ending.

Sure, you could go even further than the concept of a 'cake'. The language itself forms a meta-context. Or perhaps even the very audiovisual sensory inputs. But the meta-context exists independently of author's intent. Author did not define said meta-context, but merely operated within an existing one. So I'm not sure I understand in what way is it indispensable.

What? user, ok, I will spell it out in retard:
Muv Luv is about quantum theory.

The way Takeru gets issekaied into unlimited is as a Boltzmann brain.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
(which is ironic regarding Sumika's circumstances.)

This has to do with the concept of observation: Aka, all possible realities exist, but you can only observe one. Compare it with Steinsgate and Schrödinger from Hellsing.

All realities exist and always existed. The reason they are observed the way they are is because of a certain quantum computer who sees ALL possible timelines and is thus able to choose them.

The main point of MLA is that all possibilities exist, there is not "An original timeline where everyone dies", there are infinite timelines where all matter of horrible shit happens, even worse then the things that happened in MLA, EVERYTHING is possible and exists at the same time.

The ending of Alternative is beautiful, because Kasumi gets to go to Final Extra, a possibility like that does normally not exist for her. But as everything is real, it does.

Well, I admit it does have it's merits, but it's a strange approach, obsessive in a way, or invasive.
There are works where understanding the author is important, even essential, but there is also those that are entirely removed from his background.
I would think this is most important to aspiring writers themselves or those deeply curious, to understand the thinking of a master, but it is a poor way to critique writing, which is what Death of the Author is about.

what the fuck are you faggots talking about? explain so i can understand.

Who became god user.

That's a non-argument, I didn't find it worthy of reply.
Do you actually think you are even making any point at all there? It's like saying:
"I like ice cream" in an argument about climate change.

Define "god"

You said they become something more than a god. Answer the question, autismo.

Would you consider a Being that is capable of creating any reality that it wants a god?

It's just an autist doing an essay to defend his favorite anime from the meanies.

He quoted at least 3 distinct anons, you primitive.

>but merely operated within an existing one
So you acknowledge the validity of the meta-context, but you at the same time still hold up "Death of the Author"?
That is self-contradictory.

Where do you draw the line?
If a work includes a reference to another work, is that other work then relevant?

If an author includes a footnote, "just as my time in Paris", does that make the author then part of the relevant meta-context?

And if you have the exact same text without the footnote, does it then make the authors meta-context any less of an impact on the story? (Completely disregarding whether we can know it or not)

Still autistic rambling over how DEEP some dead and forgotten show is.

Madoka belongs to the day after tomorrow.

Perhaps, now we are still not capable of understanding.
Tomorrow someone might grasp at straws;
Yet the day after tomorrow is truly Madoka's...

>So you acknowledge the validity of the meta-context
Well of course. Language exists and is a part of the meta-context, just as the way EM waves are converted in our brains into an image. Meta-context is just a medium that conveys the narrative in a way we can comprehend it.
I truly don't see how is it contradictory.

In any case, I must go to sleep now, but perhaps we can continue this discussion in a future thread, if this one dies. See you around, user.

The problem with meta-context is that language, etc. Is part of it, but authorial intent and meta-references are also part of it.
And as probably every author references himself, (Well, butcher does it), you at least have to acknowledge the changes between the tone of his works as a critique on himself.
And if you allow meta to influence you this far, then you have almost acknowledged authorial intent at this point.

Attached: BebePostRebellion.gif (500x280, 1018K)

>there is also those that are entirely removed from his background.
There are no works of art that are entirely removed from the author's thought process. John Cage tried to remove his ego completely from his musical compositions, and ironically enough, that's why his works are extremely easily recognizable as his works.

Understanding the thinking of a master is definitely super useful to people who are trying to learn the same thing, but it's also useful to anyone who wants to really appreciate what the artist is doing. Not coincidentally, I used to think that my current top three favorite bands were kind of mediocre until I watched CreativeLives and Nail The Mixes with their music. Or in Butcher's case, reading about his thought process behind Madoka's pacing has definitely opened my eyes to how fucking good the pacing actually is, which I had taken for granted at first. You're never going to get that kind of an appreciation for the work by analyzing Homura's reasons for inviting Nakazawa to her witch maze, because the only things you're going to find there are things you came up with yourself.

But what if they are schizophrenic or have some other psychosis?
A-and muh simulated reality! We just live in a computer simulation eksdee

If you go on /x/ there are a lot of who got completely hung up on the quantum observation thing and believe that you can just get a quantum random number generator, and then you will always win the lottery from your perspective because there will always be a universe where you win under the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.
And the terrifying thing is that if the theory is correct this should work.

Well, I do subscribe to this philosophy to a small extent.
We all live in that parallel universe route where we didn't die yet.
But it also seems like, no matter the dimension, we always die eventually, so it is not infinite.
The you you experienced so far is just the most long-lived one.

I came to this conclusions because I should already have died repeatedly but didn't.
Now what criteria are required to create a parallel timeline.. I don't know.
It can't be every small thing.

Overall it's a pretty stupid thing to contemplate.

Reminder that Oriko did nothing wrong.

Attached: oriko.jpg (566x800, 48K)

Sayaka

Attached: rin192.jpg (600x800, 104K)

>the girl that did everything wrong
Are you a masochist by any chance?
How would you describe yourself?

Well, what you are talking about is quantum immortality.

The cool thing is that perhaps you could live forever. Because perhaps just your perspective does not match with the perspective of everyone living forever as themselves.
So in a way, that explains why people are NPCs:
This timeline is just so far away from the one where they are exceptional, that their soul just does not reach here.
In other words, perhaps they exist more.
This line of thought is actually pretty interesting and you can actually justify exceptionality and destiny with it. Ironic isn't it?

>So in a way, that explains why people are NPCs:
I had this thought, too.
Sometimes people really seem like side-characters, although objectively that probably is a delusion.
>you can actually justify exceptionality and destiny with it
But it seems meaningless if this was an universal thing; if everybody had their hero route.

Sayaka was good, homora was great, Madoka was okay. That said, Madoka is the best girl anyways

Literally who? You mean that imaginary law of the cycle goddess?

Attached: 1474084513687.jpg (1300x940, 257K)

>the girl that did everything wrong
But they didn't post Homura.

I think Kyouko is underappreciated.

Attached: 1539534676357.jpg (1920x1080, 308K)

wat
The whole franchise wouldn't exist without Homura,
meanwhile Sayaka is an irrelevant redshirt.
Worse than that, in fact.

Attached: 43489965_p0.png (1301x996, 316K)

Wow rude.

Attached: 1539062974487.jpg (1000x728, 152K)

From Homuras perspective the whole anime wasn't anything but everybody dying again for the hundreth time, except this time Madoka was fed up.
Just as planned, since Homuras time-cycling made Madoka more powerful, except this in turn made Homura even more powerful.

I love Sayaka-chan

Attached: __miki_sayaka_and_oktavia_von_seckendorff_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_drawn_by_kinfuji__c5afa4c51f27e (1076x1680, 357K)

Kyouko go to bed

ok

Attached: tumblr_static_tumblr_static_dmem8le9gs0so8o04skks8ckg_640.jpg (480x270, 33K)

Attached: a madoka political correct.png (557x478, 334K)

Daily reminder that pic related is still the case.

Attached: MadokaIsSecretlyGenderInverted.jpg (800x1131, 420K)

Who tops?

How would Madoka react if you leaned over and whispered into her ear: "fuck niggers"

Madoka is already fucking a dindu

Attached: 44087183_p2.jpg (700x447, 147K)

Madoka, naturally. Homura is the subbiest of all subs

This show would have been better if it wasn't blatantly a "magical girl show" and if guys could also contract and become protectors.

Damn it, user.

Attached: vomiting_madoka.jpg (600x600, 99K)

Reminder that he did nothing wrong.
>muh soul!
Who gives a fuck if your soul is in a gem instead of your body, he was saving the goddamn universe

forgot pic

Attached: kyu.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

If there was a male addition to the meguca cast (obciously some sort of wish/dimensional anomaly that fucked with the laws of contraction), how would you write it to be as least Gary Sue as possible?

make it so that the reason he became a magical dude was because a girl wished for it when she made a contract, that's really the only way I can think of. Also to fuck up self insert fags make it so that the irregularity of a dude having magical powers causes his flesh to degenerate, think of how you go hollow in Dark Souls. Make it so that he shares the same soulgem as the girl who wished for him to have powers, and if it gets destroyed or if the host girl falls into despiar, he also turns. It's a magical girl show so if a dude ended up getting roped into the meguca game he'd just be a familiar to his host. The best way I can describe this is if the host magical girl was a healer/caster and her familiar who happens to be a boy was her tank with a sword and shield to block attacks or something.

Alright I'm done writing gay fan fiction

Attached: 1368827819984.jpg (600x456, 209K)

>saving universe
But for who and for how long? To every thing there is a season, even our own existence. Let it end user, there's no purpose in eternity.

Attached: image.jpg (1920x1080, 197K)

t. Actual brainless zombie

It’s gender inverted, user. In their world guys are shallow and have no souls... just like girls in real life. That’s why they can’t contract, you know?

best opinion, followed by same

I knew the whole plot before I watched it yet I watch the entire series+rebellion once a month and have been for years, that's how much I enjoy it

>males
vomitchan.jpg
This is somewhat acceptable, I'll give you that.

>girl and guy get trapped in a considerably powerful witch's maze
>the guy gets fatally wounded, get impaled and starts bleeding out and the girl is about to get killed
>kyubey appears, tells the girl to contract or else she'll also die
>she wishes for her and her dying boyfriend to be a magical fighting duo so that they can defeat the witch
>QB says its impossible for a male to have magical powers but she insists on her wish
>her wish gets granted but its monkeys paw
>he's the first "magical boy" but exists as a "familiar" to the girl
>they both share the same soulgem, and the soulgem taints twice as fast as a result
>their aesthetic is tank+healer, with the dude as a knight with a sword and shield and the girl a robed caster, sort of like a white mage from final fantasy
>since a male sharing a soulgem is such an abnormality, his skin starts to decay and he's forced to hide behind a helmet
>his condition gets so bad to the point where he loses his mind and starts going on a killing spree in a public park and starts to eat people
>the girl is forced to put him down, and doing so makes her fall into despair and turn into a witch

At least most harem fags won't self insert into a rotting husk character.

Attached: 1370665309917.jpg (1280x905, 275K)

Shut up Chi just because your life was depressing and pointless doesn't mean other people aren't enjoying theirs.

why the fuck did they give mami an unexplained weird doll version of the witch that ate her in rebellion?
i haven't watched the eva rebuilds but from what i've heard it sounds like a similar thing they do some weird shit in reference to the character's past death where asuka gets an eyepatch

>unexplained
Nigger it's just the form Nagisa takes to stay undercover

> Either
He's a canned experiment. Kyubey wanted to create a male Meguca, but halfway through realised, girls are much more farmable, and didn't bother to finish the work. Since he's incomplete (unlike girls, he doesn't have his soul put into a gem), using magic seriously fucks up his body. Which means for the most part he's weaker than the weakest Magical Girl.
> Or
Girl's wish entails the boy somehow. Like the boy gets absolutely fucked during an accident, and the girl makes a wish something along the lines of "fix him", which turns him into a combat cyborg. The girl becomes this absolutely fucking piss-poor combat Mage, but in exchange her actual "weapon" gets all the power.

Attached: caster_and_kuzuki.jpg (800x600, 114K)

cont.
Since he's a cyborg, his body runs on magical energy, and as the girl needs a frequent supply of Grief Seeds not to witch-out, he needs a constant supply of her magical energy for even a daily function.

There wasn't anime better than Madoka since it aired.

Attached: __kaname_madoka_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_drawn_by_oono_tsutomu__33fcd988616c9f9f2193b31376e59bfa.j (1230x1110, 143K)

>bitch wishes you back as some Frankenstein freak
Slap the cunt.

Homura > Madoka > Kyouko = Sayaka > Mami >>>> Bebe.

I watched it for the first time in 2019 and it was great

me as i am in real life i become the strongest magical girl but im a boy and i get to kiss all the girls

homo homu

Attached: 66322981_p4.jpg (668x946, 330K)

cute feet

id self insert into a zombie just as long as my dick doesnt fall off

based post, shit thread

Whisper""chads""" shouldn't have even come here in the first place.

Wraith arc is absolutely not canon and cannot be canon

The only one that has a claim to canon is a different story, but even that's a stretch

>not going full zombie chad mode and letting your dick fall off then using it to beat the shit out of your enemies

If series only:
>Sayaka
>Homura
>Madoka
In that order
I do, however, identify with Madoka's arc the most.

Attached: 1534476919712.png (652x990, 661K)

This is some shit straight out of Demon's Souls.

Attached: sgrx16j2xo611.jpg (1000x657, 39K)

>I came to this conclusions because I should already have died repeatedly but didn't.
Quantum immortality is not observable by anyone else. You'd be already dead from my frame of reference.
>The cool thing is that perhaps you could live forever
No, it's the most terrifying possibility there is.

Oh no no no. I do acknowledge the existence of authorial intent. Obviously. I'm just saying that it is a fundamentally unknowable variable and thus will not help you understand the work, and is just a layer of unnecessary obfuscation that will lead you to a flawed understanding. Even with meta-context, you only need the most fundamental one, e.g. language. You don't need to know every or any work that have influenced Madoka to understand it. You can't even possibly know which works did.

That's not to mention Madoka is not a result of a single authorial intent, but of several. How do you distinguish them? Obviously you can't.

Obviously, if you want to better understand or critique Butcher or whoever, studying their intent is a perfectly valid thing to do. If you want to analyze the larger meta-context, such as which shows influenced Madoka, that's also fine. But will it help you understand Rebellion better? Arguably, no, your understanding will be fundamentally flawed.

Just watch it dummy

Considering Homura technically is over 20 years old..
is she a lolicon?

Gachabros assemble. Let's share our fanfiction with everyone.

Hunterchads won again, pack it up

Based

Attached: 1535131863230.png (463x396, 117K)

Does this series even have any good fanfiction at all? or is it all just mindless yuri smut?

i remember watching it all in a night and spend the next day reading the old 2011 threads, specially the live ones. Really awesome experience.

Then i watched Rebellion and didn't understand shit, i was frustrated and angry, it took me a rewatch and some inner reflection to understand that it was indeed a masterpiece and that Homura didn't make as single thing wrong.

Attached: Akemi.Homura.full.460772.jpg (894x683, 436K)

Well, you'll be able to be part of the MagiReco livewatch threads. I'll be doing 3am wakeups to watch it with Yea Forums. Livewatching anime in Australia is suffering.

Chi is right. Life is inherently defined by suffering, and the only release that can be found comes from embracing nonexistence.

Attached: 1540842519153.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

Why did Homura swallow her soul orb thing?

A metaphor for swallowing Madoka's thick load.

Homura is for deepthroat

Because it contains Madoka's divine half

Practice for Madoka.

Nah he said it was micchy who was the ouja of the show but ended up as an incel

Yes, even if you knew every plot twist, it's well animated, has some neat art direction, and the OST is superb.

Was Homura merely protecting herself from rape when she split Madoka in two?

Homura does lewd things without realizing it

Hey, it is late night anime so you're watching it the authentic way.

So to say.
That outcome was inevitable since Homura is too deeply involved with Madokamis creation; it was Homura who created her and in a way predated her; which is the reason she can remember Madoka and gains those memory modification powers.
Madokami can't law-of-the-cycle Akumura - it is Homura who controls Madokas destiny, not the other way around.

I don't think re-living the same couple of months counts as maturing. Also her prefrontal cortex is unchanged.

It does, and it is tragically ironic.
In the first timeline, Homura was a timid and shy girl no one cared about but Madoka.
In the final timeline when Homura transfers she is the most beautiful girl in the school and everyone looks up to her.
Homura self-improved immensely in those loops and has grown a huge deal.

Bru.
She turned into literal Rambo.
That does count as development.
The scene after she had to euthanize Madoka is one of the best.

No, because Madoka isn't a Loli.
But Homura may as well be a pedo now.

Madoka is pubescent, which means being attracted to her isn't pedo and that she is a loli according to the Nabokov definition.

Sayaka by far. I can understand Homura's arc, but it didn't get me quite as invested.

Can you fit anymore buzzwords into that post, user?

Homura is just a radical individualist libertarian, it's only natural that she would be attracted to pubescent girls.

Attached: Libertarian.jpg (926x848, 170K)

>he doesn't know about the Nutcracker witch theme

Attached: smugdoka.jpg (492x492, 126K)

Homu is best

Attached: 1558029723839.png (880x703, 263K)

Mami. The show should've ended with her.

So basically you wanted her to stay dead?
Okay.

>Madoka chads
Retard
>is this show still worth watching, for the first time in 2019,
Yes
>knowing it's a deconstruction of the magical girl genre?
>Muh deconstruction
that isn't that important,show is good
>Does stand up without the shock value of watching it when it came out?
Yes,original series is pretty good despite you knowing most of what is going to happen.Movie is shit tho

madoka harem!

Attached: 8f1ca693a1ade78a62b3f4bda9e74f92.jpg (850x1189, 1.01M)

Imagine if Homura's body had psyhically aged during her loops. She'd be around 26 years old and would probably have to pose as one of Madoka's teachers or something to be able to keep an eye on her.

>The sad-faced Homura broke into a grin when she saw her friend. “You look just like when I met you! No, keep that form. I want you in that form tonight.”

>Madoka nodded, speechless. Homura came in and kicked off her shoes, her twenty-two year-old form lithe and full. A real kink started filling the air. A lolicon kind of thing. As if hearing Madoka’s thoughts, Homura smiled and leaned down a bit.

Say something nice about Sayaka.

Attached: sayaka.jpg (640x359, 60K)

There's that one really fucking long fanfiction set in 2400s (no rebellion), high tech/high magic. Reading it now, worldbuilding crazy good.

>no Madokami

Attached: sad.jpg (679x846, 166K)

Hunterkeks lol
Shounen babbys first anime
Kill yourself delusional Gaylords

Madoka is one of my favorite anime but Homua is the only one with a complete and satisfying arc

There is only one answer to this question

Attached: pantsuhead.png (529x503, 373K)

Attached: 73187198_p0.jpg (1192x1688, 291K)

She deserved better

It's not all bad, she got a really cool girlfriend after all.

Attached: 1537881423763.jpg (820x1024, 273K)

I think he was talking about Nori.

>exchanged soulgems instead of rings
cute

Why do you like Mami?

Attached: 1546212845122.jpg (750x750, 143K)

Big tiddy.
Just kidding. She's a nice girl with a great personality but she doesn't react well to stress and her loneliness is very sad. I wish you didn't die Mami.

I don't.

mami is a cruel reminder that it doesn't matter if you're a good person or not the machine will destroy us all

Attached: 1538288075839.jpg (1000x760, 148K)

Will Homo ever lose her V card? Madoka cannot keep her from having blue balls.

Attached: 1527648522386.jpg (776x1280, 842K)

my fucking sides

this is either the best troll or the most autistic person alive

Sounds like a great guy. No surprise Madoka has fallen head over heels for him... her.

Attached: 41627689.jpg (480x554, 107K)

Nah, i'm pretty sure that's not what he said, but I could be wrong.

If nothing else, he's still a dumbass, because Micchy was obviously more like Tojo, almost to a t.

I'm not sure Homura even thinks about that, she has no balls.

>the shows writers deal with intense existential themes, stunning backdrop colors and visuals and cryptic expressionism
>the fans just spam yuri all over the internet
Such a waste.

>if you get too far away from your waifu you literally die
This is how I want to live

This is official art user. What could it possibly mean? Please share your thoughts with us.

Attached: deep existential meaning.jpg (936x960, 97K)

Madoka, Sayaka, and Kyouko all had complete arcs.

Ignore the yurifags and just enjoy the show for what it is. Don't let other people ruin it for you.

Madotards are double digit IQ mouth breathers.

I personally would never trust Sayaka of all people to safeguard the physical manifestation of my soul.

There is only so much you can talk about themes, morals and motifs. The discussion on how cute these two are together can go on forever.

Attached: 1552817530713.jpg (718x1011, 517K)

Madoka was practically throwing herself at Homu, not her fault that Homura can't take the hint that Madoka wants her to fuck her brains out.

Attached: c097Xlx.jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

>le death of the author meme

Attached: ZgrV8Vh.png (880x586, 200K)

Word of God is equally shitty.

She's energetic.

Attached: 1521547366508.jpg (960x540, 64K)

Sayaka's enthusiasm is a miracle.

Attached: 1410397883624.png (768x576, 184K)

Kyouko is cute but kind of overrated

she's a girl. And girls can't love girls

Attached: 1549242616248.jpg (1259x705, 96K)

Based Hunterchad

Same

The schizo hasn’t showed up in this thread has he?

>3
>3
I love how you're so retarded you literally can't even understand what you're saying.
That emoticon means "to troll". To troll means to say something wrong on purpose. You just admitted you're failing to bait people.

>lol xddd this ship so cool lol!!!
>!Akemi, stop trying to bait
>XDDDD HOLY SHIT U FALL 4 MY BAIT I SO EPIC EXDEEE!!!!
This is literally your state of mind.

Hitomi deserved better.

Go away

And it's just retarded how you are trying to pretend you're more than one person when you literally can't stop yourself from always acting exactly the same way.

It's even more funny how you are trying to pretend that "ack" is somehow the problem when you literally admit you're trying to ruin threads.
>2
No, !Akemi, you've never been accepted here. You've always been a cancer, and the mods even used to ban you for it.

Your just like the cringy as fuck Naruto threads where they would spam cross over shipping images is Naruto with girls from other series.

As far back as the archives go people like you have been getting called shipping cancer.

You want so desperately bad to pretend that your behavior is normal and accepted even though you get shit on and mocked by every possible outlet.

FUCK OFF
STOP SPAMMING

>xdddd lol look im copy and pasting post that were said to me and trying to pretend they're bad and hyperbolic!

!Akemi. The posts you're copying don't even address the posts you're replying to.

As always, !Akemi. You are the ONLY person who says "everyone" like this. Only a very certain and select posts are yours. Yet you, !Akemi, ALWAYS trying to claim that EVERYONE is called you.

Not every post or poster in this thread is posting shipping cancer and trying to "troll". It's literally just you doing that. And only those posts are yours.

You ALWAYS make this same retarded logical assertion and it makes you stand out so much.

Who are you talking to?

fuck niggers, fuck jannies, fuck tripfags, fuck schizoids, and fuck Madoka threads

Attached: image.jpg (1199x1200, 225K)

I'm torn because if I could I would wish that the Madoka series never exist in the first place so the godawful spammer(s) have nothing to rant about and die. But then my waifu would never even be a character, just an imaginary concept who I wouldn't have any memory of.

Attached: Sakura.Kyouko.full.1593844.jpg (3947x5659, 3.85M)

No, seriously, !Akemi, there is something extremely wrong with you.

I don’t know who that is.

He fucks up gridman threads too and once got into the phantasy star general on /vg/, there will never be any escape from this autism

Attached: image.jpg (755x1024, 202K)

!Akemi, what in the genuine fuck is wrong with you? No, seriously, why can't you even pretend to be sane.
The post you're copy and pasting that was directed at you in no way addresses anything about the posts you're linking. You for some insane autistic reason think that copying and pasting posts back at people some how "trolls" them and does something other than make you yourself look retarded.

Only the dead can know peace from this autism

>Madoka is a loli
wrong

Attached: mado_op_boobpress_2_.png (574x720, 187K)

But can girls impregnate other girls?

Attached: 1558383682480.png (1280x1858, 1.79M)

I'm confident Akumura can and will.

By me, with tender care and love.

Attached: __sakura_kyouko_mahou_shoujo_madoka_magica_drawn_by_ikezawa_shin__23b0daf476607358fa299b004eeff007.j (800x664, 49K)

She is cute.

Attached: 53637391_p0.jpg (1507x1066, 1.09M)

Yes, Madoka's semen is extremely potent. There's no way Homu can escape pregnancy

She’s so stupid.

Homura, followed by Sayaka, followed by Kyouko. Madoka almost didn’t have one until the end, and Mami was basically a plot device.

yes

Attached: 6.jpg (987x1400, 171K)

Why is having a Madoka thread without you-know-who impossible these days?

Attached: 1449259458588.gif (1000x1000, 572K)

Retards keep summoning him and other retards keep pretending to be him.

It can't be helped.

Attached: 74713917_p1.jpg (1248x1794, 239K)

She's too mean to Moemura(blonde)

Attached: 1467945774574.png (289x328, 162K)

I never watched Madoka, and the pictures of normalfags at the screenings of the films being posted on Yea Forums turned me off the series for good.

>Madoka almost didn’t have one until the end
looks like someone didn't pay attention

>screenings
You expect proper hardcore otakus to leave the house?
Who aside from normies and semi-normies is gonna go see a screening?

More of this, please

I don't believe for a second that you're actually being serious.

Which MagiReco girl had the best arc?

Daito black feather no.7

No one cares because it's garbage.

Were getting the Anime before the year is out. People will care then.

I will never care.

I will only watch the scenes that have the OG girls in them.

Oh please. Why care about who goes to the screening other than to laugh at normalnigs. I saw the Tanya movie in theaters and it didn't diminish my enjoyment at all

Kuro

>talks to Homura for five minutes, dies and hangs around as a ghost

based

The Different Story was so good.

Attached: FFYPl3R.jpg (817x320, 235K)

>But will it help you understand Rebellion better? Arguably, no, your understanding will be fundamentally flawed.
Well, your understanding of Rebellion will ALLWAYS be fundamentally flawed, because you don't know every variable of the system.
True.
But only because you can't know every variable, does not mean that a good approximation won't serve you better than just dismissing them entirely as unknowable.
That's the problem with a lot of things. If you choose to limit yourself to only take into account what you know for certain, you will always things that you understand just "pretty well", and in fact, most things in this world are fundamentally understood only "slightly or barely".
Physics is a very good approximation of the laws of physics.
Psychology, on the other hand, is barely understood and most things that people are dealing with there are very subtle trends.
Do you want to dismiss with it entirely, only because our understanding of it is so limited? Even the understanding we have is already much better than nothing at all.
And in the same way, I think all factors that are capable of adding to the meaning of a work should be studied - even if the understanding we get is vague at best it will still provide us with more then nothing at all.