Gen Urobutchi and Hideaki Anno consider this person their idol. Why don't you at the very least respect him Yea Forums?

Gen Urobutchi and Hideaki Anno consider this person their idol. Why don't you at the very least respect him Yea Forums?

Attached: tomino.jpg (400x538, 48K)

who the fuk is that and why isn't it Go Nagi?

who who who and who?

They made some childrens movies or something. You wouldn't have seen them.

Can't direct.
Can't write.
Being the first to do something isn't an ineherent merit (see also Go Nagai).
Nerds like Anno worship the guy because they grew up with his shit.

All these Also: He's trying way too hard to immitate Kawamori's style who, unlike Tomino, actually has the god given looks to sport this teenage attire.

Attached: 1547582419986.jpg (1108x1478, 493K)

>trying way too hard to immitate Kawamori's style
He's been doing it for years.

Attached: 1980-1.jpg (374x496, 90K)

SDF was the only good macross

That's not teenage attire. A leather blazer on the other hand is.

Dude made world is not square anime and it's awful as fuck. Also, he's bald ugly and remind me of that teacher from GTO.

0079 is still adored to this day for reasons other than being the first of it's kind.
Also Anno liked Victory way past his childhood, a show Tomino himself is very critical of.

Attached: 847f932ee306bb3bcba9fd60de1d8865_b.jpg (500x435, 127K)

I do respect him. I think he's pretty inconsistent though, and may not have it in him to make something very good ever again. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with someone's talent waning over time. He made his mark, and it's a damn big one. No matter what, he'll be an icon forever.

Why are /m/aggots lack basic English comprehension skills? He didn't say that Anno worships a show, but that he worships the director himself. Tomino being critical of his own works is irrelevant as well, given how he openly laughed at Anno for calling CCA a cultural heirloom. Anno is a shit-eating otaku anyway.

>He didn't say that Anno worships a show
I didn't imply that either. Take your meds.

Tomino wasn't critical of CCA the same way he was of Victory wherein he called it an embarrassment in his list of major works. Anno still liked the show despite his childhood idol's remarks.

>I didn't imply that either. Take your meds.
You did, mongrel. Why else would you feel the need to make this statement?
>Also Anno liked Victory way past his childhood
The only reasons you would bother typing this out would be to """"prove"""" that Anno's isn't exclusviely a fanboy of garbage he's seen as a child. There's no other reason.

>despite his childhood idol's remarks
And he also considers CCA to be more than it is despite his childhood idol's remarks.

Tomino is a pretty good artist, but he's not very good as an entertainer. This is why other creators and artists love him, because his shows have a lot of subtleties and different currents, themes and depth to it. But his directing style is just not entertaining. There are ellipses at random points, things are unexplained for no reason, the logic of the world is not easily discernable, some plot points are purposefully recycled or monotonous.

Ideon is peak Tomino. All the fights in the beginning are boring and frustrating, the entire plot just gnaws at your soul with how depressing and nihilistic it is, all the characters are petty, anxious and scared, misjudge almost every situation and everybody and so on. It's just not entertaining, it doesn't capture you, if doesn't make you root for things, it doesn't give you good feelings about things being achieved, there is little meaningful, positive progess being made. But it has a decent amount of depth and shows a wide variety of knowledge on humanity, personal feelings, commentary and originality to make it an amazing work for anime at the time from an artsy perspective.

We seem to be in agreement that Anno is a Tomino fanboy that values Tomino works more than Tomino values them himself.

Absolutely based. Eva wouldn't exist without him.

Attached: d38502056223b723ac371e3090b0ef91.gif (300x225, 1.48M)

Miyazaki and Takahata are the only anime directors I truly respect

>This is why other creators and artists love him
For starters, I can't even think of a single non Japanese artists who even respects him as a director. Most Japanese animators who do, do so because of Gundams cultural impact. And even then, most still have a bigger affection for Yamato than anything Tomino has ever directed. You seem to live under the illusion that people actually respect this clown as a director, when in reality what they respect is his willingness to come up with 12 different shades of (mecha) settings. It has nothing to do with entertainment value. In fact, his directing style very often caters to the lowest common denominator. Prime example being Zeta Gundam. He simply is a bad director who's unable to formulate coherent thoughts and use the strength of the medium to convey them. He should never have been allowed to be one.

>Go Nagi
Ahahahahahahahahahahaa

>When I saw the end credits I was just moved, and exclaimed " they did it!". I had been worried about the limits of storytelling, and was just thankful for this slap from a veteran creator to me. Reconguista of G made me genki.
Guess who said this?

Pretty much everything you just said is complete nonsense.

Tomino is great
Anno is a hack
Urobutcher is a hack

While I don't disagree that Anno's works are more polished than Tomino's I just love watching Evafags twitch whenever people remind them that Eva didn't deconstruct nor subvert shit.

Attached: 1410348844388.png (400x400, 14K)

How the fuck any Tomino's work is considered as Anno's childhood when he's already a college student when 0079 first airing?

Nobody should consider this old guy their idol, he's an unpleasant toxic mother fucker who gaslights newbies in the animation business, insults peers, has a long history of mental illness involving the depiction of women in his works. (and actually not in a sexy cool way we all like, more in the just plain hate way)

He's a piece of shit and the less he has involvement with anything, it's usually the higher chance the product will be better sadly.

>19 year olds aren't children
>the eternal otaku, who was still a child when he directed Evangelion (35)
user, I...

+1 retweet.

Best Tomino work just passing through.

Attached: f4ff87ed764584b7c94091bf0ef0e0a8.jpg (960x1500, 295K)

Seriously? First time I heard of this.

ITT: human waste complaining about the achievements of better men because they themselves are bitter losers.

Wtf I hate Tomino now.

This.

That's not Miyazaki.

Having Miyazaki as your idol is ok, given how he's one of the most talented animators of all time. His reputation stems from actual artistic skill. Don't compare him to this bald clown.

Working under him is what gives you cred. Having Japanese Disney as your idol isn't worth anything.

Yes his performance in John Wick: Chapter 3 was really good.

>toxic
I think this post is cringe and blupilled

>Gen Urobutchi and Hideaki Anno consider this person their idol
Even more reason to dislike his work. He can't direct or write for shit. He should have just been an ideas guy.

Why depressed individuals make good writers?

Because in their frustration most of the time they end up gamble with:
>"Fuck you! This is how I roll!"

Tomino is a good writer and may suck as a director
Anno is a good (anime) director and actually sucks as a writer. He understands the medium but not people, maybe just himself

>Anno liked Victory way past his childhood, a show Tomino himself is very critical of
BASED
Victory is the biggest pleb filter in the biggest pleb filter genre of anime.

So Tomino is a pleb himself?

>Tomino is a good writer
He can't pace his stories for shit, he keeps repeating the same plot points over and over, his dialogue is beyond terrible, in his worst shows the characters don't seem to follow any kind of basic human behaviour.

Obviously.

What's your favorite anime?

Like clockwork.

Attached: 1534406593172.jpg (400x400, 20K)

I don't know what kind of response to give to your post so the least I can do is ask what you consider to be up to standard then reply with a smug reaction image.

He is a good director.

>in his worst shows the characters don't seem to follow any kind of basic human behaviour
This is the only thing I agree with. They act like crazy people, but because he doesn't show the thought process of some of his characters, making them indecipherable for the viewer.
I think his best works are outstanding precisely because of his writing. The other elements of a cinematic piece of his are barely over average, because he probably doesn't care much about them.

Above average**

>he knows that his favorite anime will expose him as a pleb and will probably lie his ass off and pick a generic "good anime" now

>caring about a bunch of old nips

Ummm, fuck off, BOOMERS!

I do though.

>and may not have it in him to make something very good ever again
This makes me so sad damn

Fuck, I can't get into victory at all
forced drama garbage

Real talk, Go Nagai inspired basically all "dark" creators like Uro, Kentaro, and Anno to name a few.

What the fuck are you talking about
He's probably the biggest feminist in all of Japan

I do. After finally finishing every anime ever made I have concluded he is the greatest of all time.

>inspired
[random caveman of your choice] basically inspired everything ever written. WOOOOOOOOOAH

did greco hurt you guys that bad?

>literal who hacks consider this another literal who hack their idol
Yawn

In feminist fight who would win, Tomino or Ikuhara

>Watch any anime
>It's full of references to Tomino's works
How is this possible? Yea Forums told me Tomino is a hack, yet somehow people still love his works enough to rewatch them now and reference them in their own works.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] RobiHachi - 04 [720p] 00_20_25.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Numbnuts they've gone on record stating his works are what got them to make their own.

Fucksakes, hes why Uro has a boner for downer endings.

>every anime ever made
Lost a great bait idea

Does anyone have the interview snippet where Tomino asked some American kid why he liked Gundam and the kid said Gundam was really interesting and Tomino told him that Gundam was only created to sell toys?

Attached: 1551255436797.gif (320x240, 454K)

>a reference means anything
How is this possible? I thought [terrible super robo schlock of your choice] was terrible, yet Anno still plastered his shows with hundreds of references to them.

>too retarded to understand the meaning of the post
Yikes, shit-muncher.

Gundam sucks

Anno has impeccable taste. Name one work he praises that is shit. You cannot do it

>some random kid's head blown off like a fucking Looney Tunes cartoon
This is hilarious.

RT'd

Calling anything schlock while championing the bottom-feeder b-movies DYRL and Crusher Joe will never not be hilarious

Two of those literal who hacks created two of the most influential anime series.

Not him, but my favorite anime are Gurren Lagann and Belladonna of Sadness.

He's so self-aware, I love him

>hurr super robots are bad and for children
>mom look at me I am so mature

Maybe stop being a newfag and you'll notice all the garbage referenced in NGE alone. But hey, I didn't expect you to actually watch anime. No worries.

Holy BASED

Today, I will remind them...

Attached: 1533782302047.jpg (1192x559, 222K)

Attached: 1546865567115.jpg (1200x413, 172K)

>the schlock you flock to
no artistic merit whatsoever, barely animated television shows, atrocious on every front
>the schlock I flock to
two of the most well animated films of the 80s

Attached: 1546125378238.jpg (1920x1080, 390K)

>watching anime for animation
Anime has always been animated like trash. It's like reading LNs for the prose. Even the high budget movies and OVAs more often than not pale in comparison to animation from other countries.

>It's like reading LNs for the prose.
Still better than watching anime for its narrative component, that much is for sure. No need to prove that you not only lack any knowledge regarding animation, but also have never actually engaged with the medium before. Seems pretty unlikely for you to have ever seen anything that wasn't a $X00m budget burger flick before.

You say that when both Tomino and Anno are animation fanatics.

Where the hell do you pretentious anime haters come from? Fuck off

But I am defending the honor of Japanimation?!

>toxic
>gaslights
>the depiction of women in his works
What an autistic post.

Because I'm not quite that cynical to kill everyone just yet. Give me time senpais.

>Wings of Rean winning the 2005 anime spot in that recent poll
Japan loves their Tomino even at his most unremarkable.

>gaslights newbies
Do you even know what that means

Excuse me, that's not Dunbine.

Attached: 1546574679074.jpg (750x422, 250K)

Tomino made 3 good shows and 30 shit shows. His stans pretend he only made the three shows and think he's a genius, and not just a guy with a really inconsistent track record.

>His stans
Excuse me?

The ending of G-Reco SUCKED
Shitty final battle, shitty resolutions and bullying Noredo isnt funny.

>resolutions