Is Slayers worth watching?

Attached: Lina-Inverse-anime-slayers-13918597-800-781.jpg (800x781, 47K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bcoN0M6vhIQ
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-05-16/hajime-kanzaka-launches-3rd-part-of-slayers-novel-series/.146784
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you should know what your tastes are, otherwise, you haven't lurked enough

Watch the prequel ovas and movies with just Lina and Naga. Slayers without Naga is frankly boring as hell.

Oh shit, it's after midnight, innit?

Attached: slayer sunday.jpg (720x480, 53K)

The first season is (the only one I've watched)

I've been making copies of the artwork from the light novels. So far, I only have up to Volume 8, but at least that completes the overarching story that switches gears once Volume 9 started. I'll have them done by... Well, next week, considering how the last thread went.

NEXT is peak Slayers anime. It has the best opening, the best climax, and the best filler.

Attached: Volume 1 - Gourry Appears.png (647x981, 623K)

Attached: Volume 1 - Refining Gemstones.png (645x969, 592K)

Just posting best OTP

Attached: 1527826439100.jpg (800x600, 458K)

And necrobumping. Don't forget necrobumping. Am I gonna have to go into the last thread and pull out the Dragon Magazine news to get this rolling?

Attached: Volume 1 - Only Lighting.png (641x969, 405K)

youtube.com/watch?v=bcoN0M6vhIQ
Yeah it is.

Attached: Volume 1 - Rezo's Introduction.png (608x928, 546K)

Attached: Volume 1 - Zelgadis Fight.png (1348x996, 3.12M)

FPBP

Thanks for the necrobump.

Attached: Volume 1 - Confused Rapist.png (671x1012, 739K)

>Lina's cute little hips and slim waist
Fucking diamonds

Heck yeah it is user. It's also my favorite anime of all time

It inspired an entire generation of perverts to learn anatomy so they, too, can autistically worship a waifu of their own creation.

Attached: Volume 1 - Fishing Lesson.png (635x1017, 1.53M)

Isn't "favorite anime of all time" a little hyperbolic? You could say "Give a Reason" is the best OP of all time, or "Megumi's best roll of all time is Lina", and people'd be more likely to believe you.

Attached: Volume 1 - Dispatching Trolls.png (637x971, 495K)

I like it, interesting world and its funny sometimes

Attached: Volume 1 - Lina's Turn.png (625x969, 376K)

Are you seriously saying his favorite anime isn't his favorite anime?

Are you implying that I'm implying something?

Attached: Volume 1 - Lina's Greed.png (639x973, 481K)

Doesn't Lina look like a certain cunning merchant here?

Waifus can't be Jewish. Only succubi are Jewish.

In the Kabbalah, Adam's first wife wasn't Eve, but a woman named Lilith who was created separately from him. She had a terrible attitude and refused to obey his orders, so YHWH told her to fuck off and kicked her out of Eden. YHWH then created Eve from Adam's rib, forcing her to be subservient to him. Lilith would later be found among those cursed by YHWH of Cain's tribe, corrupted as a demon.

She attempts to get her vengeance by abducting children from their beds. Before sleeping, parents would whisper a charm to their children in Hebrew, being "Lilith-Abi", or "Lilith, begone." Over time this was corrupted into "lullaby". Don't let (((Wikipedia))) tell you otherwise.

Attached: Volume 1 - Shabranigdo Reborn!.png (653x1021, 1.27M)

/pol/ schizo fuck off

Someone's gotta keep this thread going once every Sunday, now that we have new content on the horizon.

Attached: Volume 1 - Shabranigdo Destroyed!.png (616x1006, 551K)

Fish guy is right. Lina is made for breeding.

Attached: 93ee578ade100ae279ffb96bfc78e714.jpg (736x1111, 102K)

She's not yours. She's Gourry's and Rui's.

Attached: Volume 1 - Zelgadis Departs.png (641x969, 342K)

its part of the culture

Attached: lina.jpg (400x300, 45K)

>Lina's hair turning white from being drained entirely of magic
>Female mages unable to use magic when on their periods
What other things from S1 should've been referenced again later?

Attached: lina white.jpg (530x422, 91K)

Well she does have an port for easy access.

Attached: 1558046774404.jpg (500x500, 191K)

No, it's not, and I'm pausing from posting LN artwork to ask you to never do that again.

Surprisingly, not a whole lot. The consistency is surprising, all things considered.

>that gap

Attached: lina defeats lina.jpg (631x800, 351K)

Kind of.

First season is mediocre, but improves after the first arc ends and can actually get quite funny. Animation is often pretty bad though.

Slayers NEXT is the only really consistently great series in all aspects - good animation, good humor, decent plot.

Slayers Try's humor is inconsistent, but the plot and animation are good.

Revolution tries to act as both a sequel and pseudo-reboot, with the characters seemingly needing to learn again things they should already know and the humor doesn't really hit any highs. Evo-R is an improvement and settles as a sequel for old fans, but the overall direction of the plot makes it feel like a filler arc by the end since everything added by this series has basically no consequence.

I found out after finding the novels that Revo / Evo-R are using things from the first series of stories, despite the fact that so much has changed. Duclis, for example, is a character in Volume 5, while Fibrizo doesn't have his fight until Volume 8. It's that kind of back-asswards stuff that makes the last two seasons go for a loop.

That, and neither of them having an episode 17 for the traditional Gourry escapade.

Attached: Volume 2 - Unexpected Interview.png (699x997, 563K)

Attached: Volume 2 - Tarim the Violet.png (697x1001, 639K)

bump

the LN is really good, i think it's one of the few LN that's not a shitty isekai.

Not even worth reading.

Will anybody do a license rescue for SLayers LN?
>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-05-16/hajime-kanzaka-launches-3rd-part-of-slayers-novel-series/.146784

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (1128x1600, 329K)