Bebop is fantastic

>bebop is fantastic
>space dandy is fantastic
>but champloo is shit

Why is this? I think it's because the characters. Fuu, Gene, and Mugen just aren't fucking interesting

Attached: download.jpg (183x275, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s
youtube.com/watch?v=mQQZi-MhF7Q
img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/06232008/d/6/f/a/d6fa8cb8b71f60_full.jpg
aliasws.tumblr.com/archive
imdb.com/name/nm2719719/
deviantart.com/awesomepossum/art/Fuugen-Wallpaper-62446916
youtube.com/watch?v=nmuoRPTnb-4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>>bebop is fantastic
>>space dandy is fantastic
>>but champloo is shit
I think you're a faggot.

*hits pipe*

Attached: Champloo3.jpg (600x435, 43K)

What's wrong with you? You don't like BASEBALL?

Attached: this fucking episode.gif (500x280, 920K)

dandy > champloo > columbo > Little House on the Prairie > bebop.
Bebop is a huge stinker.

Attached: 1542532857663.jpg (1448x1080, 250K)

>Characters aren't interesting
Niether was anybody from bebop. They were flat characters that never had any decent interactions with anyone. Even their drives are retarded.

Attached: 1530361409332.jpg (338x402, 47K)

Just watched the episode with the space pirates where Spike is a retard again and that other dude fixes up a fucking space shuttle to catch him straight out of the sky. It was fucking retarded.

when does dandy get good? i like it, but it's really hit and miss with more misses than hits.

Top pleb
Dandy > Champloo >>>>> Bebop

>cheap bait
Samurai Champloo > Space Dandy > Cowboy Bebop
Dandy is at least good in trope parodying, self parody and not crawling up its own ass like Bebop. Champloo does these exact same things as Dandy and on top of that has a simple jet excellent story with strong and believable three-dimensional characters who do and think controversal shit, who are neither perfect nor moral-fag approved. Unlike Bebop who's cast is passable at best and who's MC Spike is a one-dimensional Gary Stue throwing cheap one liners for american audiences and forces a stupid melodrama backstory that takes it's autistic self too seriously. The only fantastic thing about Bebop is how it never manages to recognize it's own self as a joke, which it is. A villain named "Vicious", muh cop backstory, then that horrendous Feng Shui episode that will literally be played on the big screen in hell to torture people for eternity.
But hey, you knew all of that already. You're just fishing for (You)'s.

Because you have shit taste

I think you're wrong, user.

>champloo is shit
Nigger what

Why OP always so fucking retarded?

I found champloo to be boring for most of its episodes, actually the same for bebop. I haven't seen space dandy, but both of the other shows pick up at the end in a very simillar way, overall I enjoyed bebops ending better. I think it would have been really cool in a cheesy old school samurai movie way, if Mugen and 4 eyes still had a duel to the death at the end, despite having become close friends. Leave who wins ambiguous.

>I haven't seen space dandy

Attached: 5677564-1.jpg (880x720, 105K)

there isn't a point where Dandy "gets good", you either like some episodes or you don't, but its more irregular than something like Bebop in terms of quality

None of them are good. Watanabe makes anime for westerners.

Is the space dandy anime better than the manga? Also is the anime over? Why news on sequels?

Each episode has different leads working on them so there's not much consistency, just a fun passion project

Faggot.

Bebop = Champloo >>>>>> Dandy

>I can think of nothing more cucked than not liking champloo

Yes it’s better. Watch it. Why are you reading it.

Watanabe anime are unironically a brainlet filter.

Attached: __fuu_jinnosuke_momo_and_mugen_samurai_champloo_drawn_by_kuzu_rkjn616__c7365109fd803b636b52744aa6998 (1000x747, 294K)

You must be an annoying bitch to be around

the soundtrack makes up for the handful of bad episodes, it's okay

>The only fantastic thing about Bebop is how it never manages to recognize its own self as a joke

>main villain is named Vicious
>deliberate spaghetti western, cop drama and other cliches and references
>Ed and everything about her
>main characters are constantly made fun up and comment on their folly
Pure concentrated pseud.

Just like most Bebop fans who pass all that tripe up without realizing it's a joke and assert that Bebop is a very serious cartoon for very serious people

Yeah, it's influenced by Lupin III after all.

Attached: ec578cd3b3914eedb5bdd0a9413c879d.png (479x750, 593K)

I made a champloo thread earlier today that died with 0 posts and I think OP just say that and decided to make a bait thread to get people to reply.

Attached: [bonkai77].Samurai.Champloo.(ENHANCED).Episode.20.Elegy.of.Entrapment.(Verse.1).1080p.Dual.Audio.Blu (1920x1080, 619K)

>making non-bait threads about anime other than currently airing ones or shounen garbage
I made that mistake a handful of times too

Who are you quoting? This doesn't seem like a popular opinion. If you think champloo is shit you are dumb.

>Space, like
>Space, like
>Japan, no like

Why? peoples. pink, blue, and red are wrong colors.

Fuu is so cute bros!

I want to be mad, but Columbo is pretty based so I can’t argue with this.

Attached: fuu.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

Dandy>bebop>champloo
That's how I would rank it I'm terms of how much I enjoyed it

simply, the one that has better soundtrack

>three-dimensional characters
excuse me what

I still don't understand Zombie episode, were they trippin mushrooms? Why is there a filler that late into season.

sometimes life has filler in the least expected places

Champloo isn't shit but it does have too many boring filler episodes. Also too many Mugen episodes and not enough Jin episodes which hurt the balance of the characters

Fuu, Gene and Mugen's group camaraderie is the highlight of that show though

They're all 7/10 anime. Watanabe is the perfect example of a "good" anime director. Easily able to make likable stuff, but has a clear glass-ceiling.

I own the last volume of the DVD release and it came with a poster that had a interview with Watanabe on the back which gives you a little insight in to why the show can seem a bit all over the place. Originally it was only supposed to be a 13 episode, whacky comedy (probably like space dandy), but since it was manglobe's first show they decided to go with something more "proper". I really like Champloo, but a majority of it is basically just stuff they recycled from Bebop and put in a new setting. People acting like it's somehow heads and shoulders above Bebop are contrarian faggots.

>hurr durr people who have a different opinion than me are just contrarians
Why are Bebopfags so insufferable?

dandy quality is completely random, that being said I liked season 2 more than season 1

Carole & Tuesday > all

Need more female mc s who are not just fan service

this
they're fun episodic adventure shows, but a bit overrated, especially bebop

>hurr durr Champloo is 10/10 and stinky Bebop is 1/10. You'll all such sheep
Why are Champloo fags so equally insufferable?

Forgot this was even coming out.
>with Shinichirō Watanabe as supervising director
Can this even be called a Watanabe show? I always thought Space Dandy was more Shingo Natsume's show as well.

And that's why I like Champloo better

>Gene
Fuck off dubfag.

Samurai Champlooo is unironically his best work
Fpbp
I love baseball, so I didn't mind that episode desu

Why don't people mention Zankyou no Terror? It's a Watanabe anime

>excuse me what
You heard me.

Attached: wanna fight.jpg (1082x708, 94K)

>constantly made fun up
Sorry user but more than half of the mafia drama content wasn't presented through any parody tone, let alone a deliberate reference for parodying purposes. And still it was shoved down the audiences throat all the time making up to 30% of the damn show's content, and adding to that other pseudointelectual episodes it made up 70 god damn percent of the whole show barely giving the viewer time to recover from the forced depressing tone and utterly stupid and nonsensical personal issues that made it.
The Cowboy episode was an actual parody and a good ride, but a parody of an american trope and the MC more so than Bebop itself. Tell me where's the parody in Jets cop backstory with his treacherous buddy? Nowhere. Then again you have that shitty episode with his girlfriend and forced quasi-intellectual shit about relationships. Then you have Spike constantly chasing Yuria's ass again in a serious tone, running into more drama jobbers and involving us in their boring issues that touch on nothing real or thought provoking. The last three episodes were pure torture of the nonsensical kind. Smallfry faglords from the syndicate, having to only see and listen to their shit that we are completely oblivious to and it's overall sold as serious business.

Literally it's only attempt to parody it's own stupid backstory is the tranny hooker in that one episode, and that's it. You are forced to endure so many idiotic cheap stories through a serious melodramatic tone with barely any humor to them that all the good things Bebop delivered on are seriously overshadowed by this shit in both quantity and emphasis of it's importance in the story's tone. That's why the mushroom episode, the cowboy episode, alien fridge monster, V for Vendetta fatso, Faye's backstory and even Ed's are the rare little beacons of light in this depressing ride that had the potential to be a true masterpiece, not a forced one.

Attached: nigger what.jpg (584x438, 48K)

>Terror in Resonance is shit
>C&T is shit
Is he losing his touch?

Sorry, I meant Jean.

>Kids on the Slope

The French dub was GOAT.

If this is bait, congratulations, you caught me

Champloo isn't shit you just have shit taste. All 3 are top tier shows

Shit taste user, did you even make it to Mugen's backstory episodes, or the episode where Gin frees a prostitute?

>Fu
Girl whose mother died and father left out of fear of Christian persecution. Didn't have a clue that was why, but wanted to find her father out of strange mix of curiosity and anger towards him
>Faye
Human who got frozen in time and is now lonely/amnesiac. Copes by being a gambler
>Mugen
Former pirate born into a penal colony who never knew his parents and later escaped. Originally didn't even know how to write, but humbly decides to try to learn in one of the episodes. Becomes calmer and more caring through the series.
>Spike
Former gangster who decides to steal a girl from his partner and leave the gang. Has a hard time leaving the gang and trying to forget everything.
>Gin
Swordfighting prodigy whose talent cause his own master to try to assassinate him, since the shogunate was trying to take control of all dojos and his master knew he wouldn't stand for it. He ironically becomes the inheritor of that school of swordsmanship, and an outcast by his former classmates as well. He's treated as a murderer when he was the victim
>Jet
Good cop in a bad organization who went too far and was betrayed by his coworkers. Survived and left to work in criminal justice on his own.

If you pay attention, you notice that most of the archetypes in Bebop and Champloo are similar, but the ones in Champloo seem to be built off those in Bebop, with more thorough, coherent backstories that weave into the historical narrative and themes. It's almost as if they had the same director, but that director became more experienced and sought to improve upon his prior work.

Sad. Well, there's not much to be said about good shows that are completed, except "well, that was good"

battle cry

First time I watched Champloo was english dub and I thought Jin's name was Jim for a little bit

>Some days, some nights
>Some live, some die
>In the way of the samurai
>Some fight, some bleed
>Sun up to sun down
>The sons of a battlecry

RIP nujabes
Also RIP that Ainu songstress in that one episode

>Becomes calmer and more caring through the series
Not him but you're not exactly right in that regard. He was already portrayed as caring from the start of the series, the transition you talk of never really happened like that.
Mugen's the only one busting his balls while dying from poison to save Fuu in ep 2 and she never even knew about it or thanked him for it which hurts him in the diary episode. Funny since he barely knew the girl at all. Is again the only one running back to the yakuza village just because he felt responsibility in saving Fuu in ep 4.
He's literally the same hotblooded madman by the end of the series as he was at the start.
All of their development lied in the fact they we're faced with situations they either never encountered before or needed to adopt a different approach for the first time in their life. Mugen sure as fuck never risked his life for someone before the summer of Champloo, that was kinda implied between the lines. But all of these "changes" happen at the start of the show and we don't really know their old selves that much since it wasn't presented to us.
>but that director became more experienced and sought to improve upon his prior work.
This, agree with everything else.

Good points. I haven't seen the show in a super long time, and I never rewatch things.

>never rewatch things
How do you even live man?

There's just too much shows to watch, books to read, and things to do. Any re-doing would limit the amount of new things I could do.

samurai champloo is the best watanabe show

Attached: 1464274033634.jpg (567x562, 68K)

Kek get ready for some disappointment soon enough kid. The amount of good books, shows and things to do that doesn't involve eating shit and lowering your standards is extremely limited in general. Your future will consist of boredom highlighted with a painstaking mission of finding hidden gems in this world.

Cold hard truth right there. I have dozens and dozens of tankobon and other books falling apart at the seams, just because I'm starting to be too tired to wade through a flood of shit, piss and axed potential to find something decent to read.

Attached: chan of chans.jpg (450x350, 149K)

Why is Space Danday talked about in the same breath as Bebop and Champloo so often? Natusme has his marks all over Dandy far more than Watanabe does

its not shit, not even a little. you just dont like it
maybe you're a space fag

Quality varies a lot in dandy, but season 2 is much better than season 1 as a whole. Season 1 still has good episodes, or at the very least good parts to episodes

Imagine being this much of a faggot

How is the Space Dandy dub?

Honestly, I didn't enjoy Champloo or Space Dandy.

Kids on the Slope is the shit.

I don't know. I can't japanese.

>but champloo is shit

Attached: 599954A9-89B0-4542-B939-CFE9712E9931.jpg (522x588, 36K)

Bebop > Dandy Baby > Champloo > Slope >>>>>>> POWERGAP >>>>>>> Turd In Resonance

Haven't seen the new show

Don't give up user, just make sure to avoid trash even if it means vegetating in boredom.

You totally can! Its some harsh bullshit that dandy is put above Columbo

To be fair, Dandy did some excellent detective work. In space!

In my experience it gets exponentially better as you go along.
I watched fthe first ep then dropped it for a month.
Watched drhe 2nd and third then dropped it.
Picked it back up after not having anything else to watch then enjoyed ep 4 & 5 enough to keep me coming back.
I loved a tonne of episodes in season 2.
Namely: Limbo, the talking Fish teleporter episode and the fishing episode. They're, and I don't use this word lightly, very kino.

>>but champloo is shit

You're shit

Not an argument.

Attached: F18378F2-2AEC-45C5-BC23-5A8D117777AD.jpg (455x800, 71K)

It is a wantanabe show

That intro though

The Champloo dub is pretty good.

Dandy is great.

Only thing wrong with Champloo is the swordplay time got reduced in favor of talking, other than that it's good

>Tell me where's the parody in Jets cop backstory with his treacherous buddy?
the most kino episode

Bebop > Champloo > dog poop > horse poop > dog and horse poop mixed > Space Dandy (aka Shit Doody because it is poopy)

I liked episodes 1-4 but 5-9 have been dreadful, does it pick up again?

Attached: 1457670536370.jpg (1079x1079, 69K)

Attached: 20190517_035337.jpg (386x715, 85K)

Attached: Christ this thread is still up.png (1900x1080, 1.31M)

Attached: [bonkai77].Samurai.Champloo.(ENHANCED).Episode.09.Beatbox.Bandits.1080p.Dual.Audio.Bluray [8CCA322C] (1920x1080, 652K)

This was so cool

Attached: [bonkai77].Samurai.Champloo.(ENHANCED).Episode.21.Elegy.of.Entrapment.(Verse.2).1080p.Dual.Audio.Blu (1920x1080, 744K)

It was garbage.

Wowee you certainly aren't straight

Attached: 1555376775711.png (235x386, 60K)

>Samurai.Champloo.(ENHANCED)
>that filter
what the fuck

Great. All voices are extremely fitting and the actors turn in excellent performances; you can tell that there's passion in there.

KINO

Attached: 14436443345567.jpg (2560x1440, 244K)

Attached: typical american.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

now this is how you bait people take fucking note

Attached: 36365734_p6_R_18.png (900x1200, 391K)

Better in the dub just like all the other Watanabe anime.

God i fucking love Space Dandy so much

>comedy in Jet's episode
Actually the audio preview selling it as a show for old hardboiled types. But that's kind of the case for all episode so not sure if it counts.
Wouldn't be so out of place with Johnny.

Favorite Bebop episodes boys?

>Jupiter Jazz 1 & 2
>Black Dog Serenade

Attached: mfw.png (1658x1267, 2.12M)

definitely jupiter jazz
youtube.com/watch?v=WKnVaDwUg5s

i mean really, this song is too fucking good

Yea? Well fuck you.

Attached: Fuu back.jpg (773x1000, 458K)

He got me good, not gonna lie.

God i love Bebops OST so much.

Attached: 1521354876680.gif (105x105, 425K)

Attached: Fuu ass.png (704x396, 277K)

>watch bepod
>1st ep turns out to be a toy commercial pandering to children so drop it
>watch space dandy
>1st ep has some garbage dialogue about butts and tits pandering to children so drop it
>watch champloo
>1st ep has some damsel in distress being harassed by evil baddies ex machina so the hero can showcase what a good guy he is by saving the damsel from the baddies who exist solely to be defeated by him, so drop it,

Overall experience 2/10, they had some good OP/EDs that I liked.

Attached: no.png (443x334, 60K)

^Not even going to dignify your horseshit with a (You)

I enjoyed Dandy, but I don't really consider it a pure Watanabe show. It's more like him creating a playground setting for other creative teams to go apesit in.

Macross Plus is more of a Watanabe anime than Dandy

It's okay to like all three shows

Attached: Fuu trip.jpg (840x700, 194K)

>Great:
Bebop
Champloo
Dandy
>Meh:
Sakamichi no Apollon
>Shit:
Zankyou no Terror

Racist

Kids story> everything else he's ever done
And that wasnt even the best part in animatrix.

I'm with this user.
It was almost unbearable to get through Dandy. It had some nice eps but overall it was a borefest.

On the official website it’s says he’ The original creator of C&T

Boogie Woogie Feng Shui

bump

I think they were all good, I just don't like feudal Japan or hip hop.

>self-referential content has to be comedic

Lol

Post kino fights.

Attached: mugen vs squirrel.gif (500x272, 1022K)

>Fuu, Gene, and Mugen just aren't fucking interesting
?

Champloo is far superior to dandy

Pierrot le Fou

Attached: pieret.gif (250x184, 2.64M)

>or hip hop

Not even Dälek?

youtube.com/watch?v=mQQZi-MhF7Q

I always thought it was cute how the animators shipped these two and drew sketches like this. This one animator even had his own website with all his doodles and fanart of other anime but it went down ages ago. The pics are still around though thanks to fangirls.

Attached: mugen_fuu.gif (400x439, 38K)

Where can you find the rest?

So none of them shipped her with Jin? I know quite a few fans seemed to expect that more than her getting with Mugen. I didn't really care too much either way, since it seemed like the characters were less interested in their romantic lives than the ones in Bebop were.

Attached: Fuu and Jin.jpg (833x1000, 134K)

>champloo is shit
Faggot.
Yea Forums likes it.

Attached: 1557756062321.jpg (1171x540, 121K)

I've made threads after seeing failed OPs long after that OP went to page 15.

Now this is an even bigger bait

best episode coming through

Attached: [bonkai77].Samurai.Champloo.Episode.14.Misguided.Miscreants.(Part.2).1080p.Dual.Audio.Bluray.mkv_sna (1920x1080, 94K)

Champloo is unironically the best one out of those though.

I loved the serious stuff in Champloo but nothing beats the graffiti and baseball episodes.

Fuck you, one-liners are great.

>being this mad that there is director who still takes influence from different places and not just from anime

>moefag
Not surprised that you could not enjoy these kinda anime.

Japan is always the worst setting in anime or manga. Contemporary Japan is the absolute worst, but period Japan isn't much better.

Champloo only has good animation and music. Every other part of it is boring or outright shit.

>188382892
This is bait

We went from space to Japan to space, we need to go back to Japan for the next work.
What musical genre would it be though?

Jin already had his ex-whore from the Wong Kar Wai movie. Mugen, I don't think he would have gotten with the brown gap lady unless they still where on the Ryukyu island.

It's the best of the three actually.

Hardcore Punk

Not really a Watanabe show, but what did you guys think of Michiko to Hatchin? I liked it a lot and Watanabe's godly taste in music helped elevate it

Attached: michiko-hatchin_893_1680.png (1680x1050, 2.43M)

I want to see a cyberpunk action filler sakuga fest punctuated by drum and bass

Good question, on fangirl shipping sites I presume. I have some of them on my disk but actually forgot where the fuck I put the rest so I've been searching the net pretty much myself and it's pissing me off. Pic related is the animator who used to have the site which is down now and did a bunch of Mugen and Fuu sketches, now you can only find them as part of stupid spreads like this one: img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/06232008/d/6/f/a/d6fa8cb8b71f60_full.jpg
Here the bottom left, the middle and the upper right are his sketches, rest is shitty fanart by fans.
I don't know. There was just this one animator who had a private webpage and posted his art and fanart, don't know about others. Sure I always though when Jin made some offer by the river he meant something serious, only they weren't clear on that.

Attached: mugen_fuu_jin.jpg (550x400, 31K)

Armitage III Dual-Matrix

Oh fuck yes found him, it's the actual key animator Hiromi Masuda. He's fucking excellent and worth checking out, worked on One Punch Man, Kill la Kill, is pretty fucking sweet. He used to have an old site with a lot of sketches, many of them were MugenxFuu. It's down now but he has a tumblr. These sketches are not in of the archive for old drawings since he just put like 3 drawings for each year from the past. Pic related is his key sketch colored by some fan.
aliasws.tumblr.com/archive
imdb.com/name/nm2719719/
These are all the old sketches taken from Masuda by some deviantwat: deviantart.com/awesomepossum/art/Fuugen-Wallpaper-62446916
The old site is dead and fuck them for not re-uploading these in full.

Attached: Masuda colored.jpg (800x807, 98K)

Why didn't mugen or jin ever fuck fuu just for the hell of it?

Mugen contemplated fucking her in ep 2 when she was unconscious but then the hooker lady showed up. It would have ruined the show if they did it.

>It would have ruined the show if they did it.

How?

theyre both beta cuckholds and wanted her to fuck more men before she settled down

Well what if Fuu picked a fuck buddy between the two of them and every night by the fireplace they fucked hard in the bushes while the other listened? They wanted to kill each-other anyway, I'd say that could be a good trigger even if the other (let's say Jin) wasn't jealous, but he could get annoyed. They seemed to have adopted the approach of consuming hookers hence the brothel visits.

I mean you have that scene in the last three episodes where Fuu and Jin talk by the river and he asks her how will she survive on her own after she finds her dad. This is a logical question since Mugen continuously insists that she's helpless on her own and needs his/their help and this was proven to be true. So Jin starts offering her something but she interrupts him and personally I assumed he wanted to either offer to marry her or take care of her. Then she instantly interrupts him and says no because "If you did, Mugen would..." probably either kill him, attack him or I don't know. Then we switch to Mugen who was listening the whole time with open eyes. So that drama scene was there to show that she herself actively tried to avoid any deeper relations because she thought it would keep their little pack stable or something like that.

>when the drums start

Attached: 1524334944986.gif (400x250, 2.72M)

You kidding? I loved it. Could have indeed used more characters with a set of testicles between their legs but it was still good despite the emphasis on chicks.

Attached: 1128346498.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

Would you have asked for more girls if it was the other way around?

This is why they should have double teamed her.

I ran right into that one.
Sausage fest anime is not even an option, this was at least bearable but could have used less emancipation shit and a real man to show them the way.

Attached: oh fuck.jpg (262x246, 18K)

Kek ok. But if they raped her no more adventures nor a show, just a schlocky porno.

I agree that Champloo was shit, couldn't stand Mugen.

Attached: God.jpg (600x623, 24K)

The way Mugen MURDERED that guy was fucking brutal, even for the shows standards.

Attached: 498ed76be651cffb6bb9bac6a9bb75c3.jpg (600x600, 37K)

She would be mad at first but she'd get over it

>trips of satan
Checked and mugenpilled.

Attached: throw.gif (435x250, 3.8M)

Bebopfags really need to get a clue

Yeah and then they'd pimp her to random dudes to earn money. Great plot user, would watch.

Attached: ideas.jpg (1280x720, 175K)

How will she ever recover

>better in the dub
Agree, Megumi Hayashibara especially was fantastic

Based and redpilled.

Sympathy for the Devil

youtube.com/watch?v=nmuoRPTnb-4

Space Dandy is for braindead stoners.

>braindead stoners

Redundant.

t. pleb

If you think about it the show is really about the Shogunate trying to use the daughter of a prominent Christian movement leader to kill him

Champloo is the best in every sense. Story, design and music. Bebop has shit music but the characters and the story are cool.

>grrrrrrl
Holy shit, how did they get DMX to collab!?!

not even sp likes that fucking 'sport'