*destroys manga*

*destroys manga*

Attached: solo-leveling-30809.jpg (350x473, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1fFrm9E2nTM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
desuarchive.org/_/search/image/7j09G222Hd_lqXCLmns1vA/
quora.com/Which-Asian-country-has-the-biggest-entertainment-industry
hollywoodreporter.com/news/2017-anime-industry-revenue-hits-a-record-19-billion-1167382
twitter.com/AnonBabble

take you and your dog-eater shitstain and go back to le reddit

I unironically enjoyed this manwha.

don't the Japanese do that too

Japan stands no chance aganist Korea. Pray Korea doesn't start to make anime too. It won't end good for Japan.

I'm liking it, but it's definitely not the second coming of Jesus.

Based. FPBP. Gookshit goes to

7/10 at best. Enjoyable but sub-par writing.

>overtaking manga
>kpop way more popular than jpop
>kdrama more popular than jdrama
>better at video games
How do they pull it off when they have less than 50% population of Japan?

Discount The Gamer. Wait till this manwha falls to shit like the rest 10 chapters later.

Attached: 1523799037630.jpg (848x865, 131K)

new fags

Attached: 1444306878004.png (511x182, 15K)

The Gamer is worse in basically every metric compared to Solo Leveling.
I guess it has better world building if you count side characters dialog dumping to explain shit.

based kimchi poster

Korean media in general is way more popular than Japanese media. Japanese media is domestic oriented therefore you can't really compare it to Korean media in terms of overall popularity. There are 90 million hallyu fans. Japan can't really compete.

Are korean women really shallow and money/status obsessed?

someone needs to make a virgin kirito vs chad jin-woo image

china wins

Attached: wuxia.png (2518x1024, 469K)

This post was made by the TANG GANG

>>better at video games
No Dota = shit

Japan isn't trying to globalize their media. Even most Japanese music videos on Youtube are like 1-minute previews and the only way you can watch the entire thing is by buying CDs. Most J-pop isn't also available on streaming sites. South Korean modeling has always been about exporting.

this picture never fails to make me laugh, it's also such a good explanation why manhua is the superior wish fulfillment genre

You forgot that they're fucking amazing when it comes to movies. I still don't understand how they can make so many great movies but suck at making video games

Gookshit and bugshit is still trash, user.

This manhwa is just OK. Nice action scenes, but it's not that great overall. This is just a shitpost thread though.

Any good korean/japanese isekais manwuahs? i saw one chinese one that i liked but i forgot what it was about, i think its chinese empire fantasy.

Doesn't change the fact that manwha is allowed. Fuck off if it bothers you that much faggot

I liked this take on Isekai.

Attached: 3546457567.jpg (500x707, 76K)

I'll let you fuck me off for 23,895 won, pretty boy.

It's alright on its own. Certainly not the gookshit that put gookshit into history books though.

Attached: breaker2.jpg (564x710, 94K)

but I hate side characters dialogue dumping to explain shit

>read the chinese novels
>can't keep up with the names all starting with the same letter

Attached: 1491961614038.png (513x484, 196K)

Based nip-hating turdshit

Fucking get this GOOK TRASH OFF OF Yea Forums

cringe and gookpilled

Who?

>korean shit
doesn't belong here

>2012

Bitch all you want trannies.
Personally, I find the whole shadow-army summoner/assasin general thingamajig really satisfying.

Unironically never even checked a chapter out because there's no Romance tag

Where are all my HCLW Chads at?

Attached: HCLW21.jpg (666x952, 210K)

stop bumping your cringe gookshit

Certified BASED

You're charging a lot more than you're worth

gook shit belongs on Yea Forums

>no Romance tag
But that's the best part?

Attached: 1523839553462.png (374x347, 189K)

Newfags like you don't belong here

No, but they do all have smell fetishes.

That's rich coming from a redditor

This is what delusional gookshills actually beleive

Let's touch upon the problem with the protagonist, his stats, and title of the novel. Jin-Woo is the one character leveling up. No one else can, and as a one-man army, he faces enemies alone. That's splendid until this sacrifices development of side characters. Our protagonist doesn't need anyone and the story doesn't need them. You'll find characters you love vanish because they have no role. S-rankers are irrelevant as Jin-Woo levels. The author bandages this massive bleed by introducing further categories for S-rankers, keeping readers amazed at the protagonist's progress, but then he runs circles round them, too. The best of the best twiddle their thumbs waiting for their hero to save the day, and that's a pathetic look for the strongest rankers. Why exist if they're going to roll over and play E-rank? Literal NPCs. Captain America doesn't throw in the shield because Iron Man shoots lasers out of his palms. They're equals. Spider-Man keeps swinging through his Queens neighborhood despite Thor, a literal god, walking the earth. They have their strengths and niches, and they all shine. Jin-Woo is different; he's all strength and no weakness when even Superman has his kryptonite, and his power casts a shadow over everyone. They're all superhuman, yet he renders them obsolete. It's like Super Saiyan-tier strength becoming a joke because two, three, four, mystic, fusion, and instinct are introduced. That had years to build, at least, while this novel is compact in chapters. I neither have time to appreciate how far he comes nor enjoy the supporting cast. He's playing modern day World of Warcraft, which reeks of unearned progress due to the sheer speed he climbs (alone, no less). The author should've slowed experience gain to Lineage levels or vanilla WoW, forcing him to party up and provide more time per rank.
There's a saying about enjoying the journey, not the destination, and I'll spoil you now and say the journey is skipped to a terrible destination.

If this were a game, the community would mock Jin-Woo as a boosted stat monkey, relying solely on gear and levels to dumpster newbies. This revolves back to my dislike of his progression system. He's not smarter or more skilled than his opponents. He overpowers through sheer numbers in more ways than one. He wins because his dagger mastery raises his DPS. And the fact that his ability to level is his only defining trait makes him incredibly one-dimensional. If other characters leveled, you'd realize how stale of a character our protagonist is. There's no good way to describe his personality because he's nice and hollow for the self-insert. He grows a few inches, sculpts a nice jawline, and picks up hot nurses never mentioned again. You could say he cares about his friend and mom and sister, but that's 99% of good people. But I digress, as my point was about his strength. Powerful characters are actually fine. I don't hate them. But they require equally powerful adversaries to warrant it, or else they're just bullying children. Once again, he's an empty shell, and this leads me to the next issue.
Jin-Woo is the director, producer, actor, make-up artist, and so on scrolling down at a movie's conclusion. Some may like this, but I find it a shame to take all the credit. Hopefully few wanted substantial, lasting relationships in the novel, whether it be friendship or romance. No one is worth his time, and whatever connection he has with someone is weak and a passing paragraph. Even if he cares a lot about a character, should we, the reader, care? He can't let another star shine in the spotlight, and as such, the supporting cast have personalities and relevance made of cardboard because author-kun lets Jin-Woo steal the show. He is the protagonist, yes, but he holds too many cards for me to be concerned about his wellbeing, and those cards are as flat as he is.

He is not a rounded character whatsoever.
This novel attempted to be more than it was. If it stuck to its basic premise, it's a serviceable tale. You could turn off your brain and enjoy the blood and guts and terror of 0 IQ mobs. The moment it goes beyond that, the plot and characters become alien. The introduction looks nothing like the conclusion, and what sold me at the start is demoted to the backseat. Take pumpkin pie and chicken noodle soup. I enjoy both, but what I don't like is dunking pie into soup. This story should've picked a side.

>overtaking manga
What are you talking about?

To make a Chinese manhwa you need some key elements. They are:
>Cultivation
>sect/clan
>teleportation/ isekaid by death in the 1st page
>trash guy who becomes a genius after being possessed by the teleported guy
>became offended at everything and kill on spot
>add new characters with out background/context in every new chapter
>add "TAKE THIS" before every attack
And now you can make a manhwa

Attached: 694e86b278c4a3ff1c37a144c33d8db5.png (1046x1330, 1.69M)

Oh yeah, how could we forget the remarkable totally originality "Gunwa"
youtube.com/watch?v=1fFrm9E2nTM

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 13K)

is the author secretely chinese? I thought koreans were more about the master ruse psychopath mc that controls everyone from the shadows

>master ruse
>when everyone is dumber than the average dragon quest NPC
lol

>*destroys manga*
What with the inferiority complex kek

Could you tone down the bigotry please

Based Scaruffiposter

China: superior anime
Korea: superior manga
How can japan even compete

>Bitch all you want trannies
Oh you mahwa faggots are from Yea Forums that explains everything

La respuesta estar en el mas allá

>China: superior anime
>Korea: superior manga
If by superior you mean "generic and heavily derivative of if not flat out ripped off of Japanese fiction", which it it's self is an incestuous Oruboros. Think about that an entire industry based on a rip off, of a rip off, of a rip off

Just because translators are picking them up (due to them being free, having less words, and having to redraw less stuff) does not mean they’re over taking anything.

Translators are only picking them up because it’s easier ad revenue.

>Mo Dao Zu Shi is derivative of Japanese fiction

This is literally a reddit comment.

>GOOKSHIT
fuck off, you're wasting space in my Yea Forums, shit thread

The revenue is because of the popularity, though. Obviously not every manhwa is going to be amazing, but it seems to have a crowd that picks up almost everything that is thrown at them.

Problem is the crowd has a very loud, shitty minority that harass the scanlators. "A Returner's Should Be Special," one of the more popular manhwa series, was recently dropped by the group scanlating it because they were being constantly harassed by people who thought they were taking too long.

Discord was a mistake

That's all women.

t. fat tumblrina

>knows what a reddit comment looks like
Go back to plebbit.

>japanese male lead
>clueless good boi
>korean male lead
>psychopatic manlet
>chinese male lead
>power tripping harem god
This says a lot about each country's own culture.

You have forgotten the idioms. Nobody can make a cultivation story without seeing Mt. Tai.

part 3 when?

It's more like they aren't deluding themselves about what they want.

A man's worth is measured in what he has accomplished. In human society, we measure accomplishment in fame, status and money.

Well, on the positive side, it does technically mean that they love you for what you are rather than for your pretty face. That's sort of nice isn't it? She's with you because she thinks you are awesome and because she feels she can rely on your ability. Personally I think that sort of honesty is sort of refreshing.

Attached: 1468740994664.jpg (600x620, 214K)

Attached: 1501304442206.png (968x75, 32K)

But what if you lose your job...

>no Romance tag
It's funny how every girl that starts showing interest in MC just disappears from the story and gets replaced with a new chick.

Tough shit. Settle for a woman with low market value.

Is this a joke?

Fuck off dog eaters your delusions will never be true.

Attached: 1507130175771.gif (480x270, 1.59M)

All chinese attempts at anime were a fucking joke so far and few popular fotm manhwa mean shit. Manga industry is literally 100x bigger than manhwa.

>Anpanman
What the fuck is this?

Crappy translators are also picking them up because korean is easier than japanese and plenty of retards learned korean because of k-pop.

Korean media are a fucking joke. Only rip offs everywhere. Pretending that your media are relevant because retarded teenage girls are crazy about some plastic fags and housewives like your terrible soap operas is the next level of pathetic.

Yeah, gooks are animals.

>001 Anpanman-------7.82%-------119,959,000,000
>003 Pokemon-------6.00%-------92,040,000,000
>005 One Piece-------4.23%-------64,888,200,000
>006 PreCure series-------4.14%-------63,507,600,000
>011 Gundam series-------2.19%-------33,594,600,000
>019 Doraemon-------1.24%-------19,021,600,000
>021 Jewelpet-------1.21%-------18,561,400,000
>025 Miku Hatsune-------0.73%-------11,198,200,000
>029 Neon Genesis Evangelion-------0.61%-------9,357,400,000
>035 Dragon Ball series-------0.50%-------7,670,000,000
>037 Totoro-------0.44%-------6,749,600,000
>039 Madoka Magica-------0.43%-------6,596,200,000
>041 Naruto-------0.40%-------6,136,000,000
>051 Natsume Yuujinchou-------0.34%-------5,215,600,000
>052 Tiger and Bunny-------0.33%-------5,062,200,000
>054 Vocaloid-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000
>056 Fate series-------0.30%-------4,602,000,000
>060 Yu-Gi-Oh-------0.28%-------4,295,200,000
>062 Gintama-------0.26%-------3,988,400,000
>067 Kuroko's Basketball-------0.23%-------3,528,200,000
>069 UtaPrince-------0.21%-------3,221,400,000
>074 Detective Conan-------0.19%-------2,914,600,000
>075 Bakemonogatari-------0.18%-------2,761,200,000
>078 Macross-------0.16%-------2,454,400,000
>080 Prince of Tennis-------0.15%-------2,301,000,000
>081 Shin-chan-------0.15%-------2,301,000,000
>083 Persona series-------0.15%-------2,301,000,000
>086 Toriko-------0.13%-------1,994,200,000
>087 Strike Witches-------0.13%-------1,994,200,000
>089 Jojo's Bizarre Adventure-------0.12%-------1,840,800,000
>100 Nanoha series-------0.10%-------1,534,000,000

This was from few years back.

Attached: boys precure en.png (745x653, 45K)

100% agreed. The character retention is awful. Anybody that seems important is gone and never heard from again in a few chapters. As far as manhua go, it's probably the best, but it's still at about the quality of an above-average Japanese manga.

Blame the translator for not using diacritic marks

Attached: ZNMakIR_d.jpg (640x360, 23K)

is this the only good manhwa every single other one ive read is shit

Reminder that Korea drones are raised on a culture of hatred. The Japanese raped your women, Japan bad, they are demons - the average Korean are slammed with this kind of propaganda daily in a constant rhythm.

Do you know that in many Korean hotels they play live footage of a fucking rock Korea claims over Japan (Dokdo)? That is just one of many 'us vs them' items they are conditioned to believe. That is how petty their hate is, but this petty hatred is instilled and nurtured to their populace by the government.

I feel nothing but pity for the plastic gooks, even the Chinese, while repressed by their government, are not trained to hate.

Tower of God?

Fuck korea btw

you really like it? i dont see how its good

>Do you know that in many Korean hotels they play live footage of a fucking rock Korea claims over Japan (Dokdo)?
nobody cares about the rock, it's about the gas-deposits in that area.

Attached: uBjBBr4_d.jpg (640x360, 30K)

As someone who reads multiple xianxia every day, this is amazing.

even looking at the cesspool that are korean creative bankrupt web comics things like Red Storm and Witch Hunter are way better than the garbage OP is shilling for

Going from being a Chad to a God is only wish fulfillment for Chads, and Chads don't read wish fulfillment.

I read all of the manhua that's out over a week, pretty fun for a power fantasy. I thought he was actually going to be stuck as a necromancer so seeing it roll over to shadow lord was great, and much cooler.

Veritas is good but will never be finished, you can read part 1 of The Breaker and stop after as well.

I'm fucking ready for the tournament arc to end and for the merging of the two worlds to begin. I want pic related to pull through with her promise and win.

Attached: b99a301a4bcc4893dbdc8184edec1a70.jpg (700x1090, 96K)

Oh thanks for reminding

It's fundamentally japanese manga. Usually obsession with getting stronger and protecting nakama is only ever encountered in jap things of lower quality.

It doesn't mean shit. Korea is currently more popular. There are 90 million hallyu fans.

you made me order a bimbimbap

korean isn't easier than japanese unless you're chinese

desuarchive.org/_/search/image/7j09G222Hd_lqXCLmns1vA/

Yeah, gook shills are in denial their country is shit.

Original president was part of some insane feminist cult whose leader was also a female.

Then, there is that Burning Sun Scandal in South Korean entertainment.

Not manga, retard.

By that logic, Japanese media is irrelevant too. It's only liked by creepy otaku.

>Japanese media is irrelevant too
The fuck are you on about? Didn't know mario and doraemon count as creepy otaku shit in your irrelevant shithole country you fucking creepy ass muslim nigger, go raped your brother or something dumbass

lel this gook is getting salty as fuck

>Korea is currently more popular.

Holy fuck this guy. Anime industry is worth more than half of Hollywood now and growing 12% per year. Manga is even bigger. Japanese games are doing great. Console market is completely dominated by Japan. FGO makes more money than Star Wars.

Korea has what? Soap operas for bored housewives and dancing pretty boys only 16y old girls care about.

Attached: [DeadFish] Aria the Origination - 13 [DVD][480p][AAC].mp4_snapshot_23.53_[2016.01.15_03.13.16].png (848x480, 824K)

>destroy manga
>when even in Korea manga is loterally hundred times more popular than webtoon and this one solo leveling is just below average at best
>b-b-but muh kpop
Not anime and manga fucking retard

He's leveling alone. The chad.

>FGO makes more money than Star Wars

Attached: file.png (246x177, 51K)

Half of the planet grew up watching Pokemon, Dragon Ball or Sailor Moon. Almost everybody played japanese games at some point. Half of the biggest media franchises on the planet are Japanese. You are retarded.

Japan and USA are the lords of soft power. Korea is known for cheap electronics and dancing plastic surgeries.

I'm not a muslim and Doraemon and Mario are for kids.
Revenue doesn't mean popularity. Read this
quora.com/Which-Asian-country-has-the-biggest-entertainment-industry

Could you tone down the faggotry please

>Sean Lee, A Korean guy

Totally unbiased opinion of one idiot. Meanwhile in real life

Attached: 1472913333934.gif (480x270, 414K)

LMAO look at these triggered weebtards

Attached: 1463752348974.jpg (255x251, 9K)

>Koreans say it's Korea
>Indians say it's India

Are you fucking serious dog eater? What next? Links to reddit K-pop fags?

Thanks to pachinko.

Shit you are the same sand nigger in every gook threads, what wrong with you? Also at least find some better source, dumb nigger

Stop embarrassing yourself.

>188389745
>this retarded think someone will be so mad gay about his baitting skill
lol

I pachinko your mom yesterday, shit is gacha as fuck

>get completely destroyed with facts
>LOL u guys mad!

hollywoodreporter.com/news/2017-anime-industry-revenue-hits-a-record-19-billion-1167382

Yes? You mean Anpanman is only a bit less popular than Star Wars?

Thanks to toy sales and China.

>quora
imagine being this much of a faggot.

>I'm not a muslim
doubt.jpeg

What you on about?

What?

anyone who read the wn, can u tell me when exactly did this shit go into the toilet of Korea>JP circlejerk?

I live in a secular country. We don't have to.

>doraemon and mario is for kid
This retard pigfucker lmao. Gook pop and soap drama are literal for braindead assperger underaged

Pachinko what?

Yeah you gonna bring your pigshit cowshitter muslim turd something country again? Scan your fucking ID if you dare you pig cunt muslim

Japanese franchises are huge because they make crazy amounts of money thanks to pachinko and toy sales.
>Scan your fucking ID if you dare you pig cunt muslim
You okay?

>Japanese franchises are huge because they make crazy amounts of money thanks to pachinko and toy sales
Source

You can see it here. It doesn't make any sense anyway. Do you think HnK is more popular than lotr?

>Japanese franchises are huge because they make crazy amounts of money thanks to pachinko and toy sales
Boo fucking hoo we got a Japan expert right here. Like seriously, you posting the same shit in every gook threads, always the same Quora and pachinko crap, halgook kpop bullshit, what is your problem? Did the jap beheaded your muslim mother or something?

I asked you give me your source, goddamn wapanese

Peerless Dad is better, when the fuck is Jaimini gonna be finished?

So you are an muslim investor too, princess Muhammad?

And K-pop makes money through astrophysics professors or something?

It's average, but I would like it even more if the gook-names were easier to remember.

Korea is less able to enforce copyrights, due to their constant fear of death.

Just read revenue breakdown. It's not that hard.
?????

Sorry, I just can't get over the names. They sound like frogs trying to have a giggle.

Where is you goddamn source?

On that fucking wikipedia page. Just read it or fuck off.

The fuck with this nigger keep sperging about kpop and gook lover popularity some shit? Is this Yea Forums or Yea Forums?

Where is pokemon pachinko? Where is mario pachinko? Where is hello kitty pachinko?

I asked you where is your source about the pachinko shit?