Is there a single proper horror anime?

Is there a single proper horror anime?

Attached: 5f81b7a35819cc5880c390af4b3b54b1.png (600x400, 365K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP2MFmkdNY
youtu.be/xsSEhqAtrE8?t=6
youtube.com/watch?v=kYcXBIuo4Mg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>he thinks horror is a genre and not a theme for atmosphere

fine. any recs?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZmP2MFmkdNY requiem from the darkness

Attached: cov-4331-requiem-from-the-darkness-complete-english.jpg (3268x2173, 1.2M)

Higurashi. Check em

No and stop making these shitty request threads.

youtu.be/xsSEhqAtrE8?t=6

Is this from the manga where the fish got cyborg legs?

Why do like 95% of longer form horror manga either get super rushed towards the end or turn into battle shonen?

That shot of her yelling literally looped the same animation for 12 seconds

That's pretty bad

If you want horror go play a video game. Books/movies/anime aren't "scary". Junji Ito is the most unsettling thing you'll get in storytelling.
But for anime, Shiki actually uses animation timing and gore imagery to some good effect, and scares you in an unsettling way as well.

Attached: elysiumshiki-ep03bd-720p-hi10p-aace6a3a994-mkv_snapshot_21-10_2014-05-25_15-14-44.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

What the fuck are you talking about? There are plenty of scary movies and books. They are where horror thrives.

I've yet to see a scary anime though

I think something about the overall style of most anime makes it really hard to actually get immersed in horror for me. It can be entertaining in some way or another, but it's never actually scary. I'm not sure if even jump scares work well

Boogiepop Phantom is a pretty okay thriller

If your horror relies on gore and and scary jumpscares it's extremely hard to make it scary if its an anime. Scary gore requires grotesque details and the vast majority of anime has a simplistic art style to the animators don't have to kill themselves.

I'm waiting for someone to get off their ass and adapt 6000.

Attached: 6000 vol 2 cover.jpg (2338x1000, 979K)

HIgurashi sucks

Ghost Stories.
Pretty spoopy.

No, but you can read Song of Saya.
There's a handful of VNs with horror elements overall.

:(

6000 was good until it was clear the author knew it was gonna get axed. Then it started zooming along at like x3 pace to reach the conclusion before it got cancelled.

Yeah, but some of those panels still hit like a motherfucker.

shiki’s animation was the only thing it had going for it. the plot was mediocre, the characters were awful, and the setting was tiresome. 4/10 shitty trope series.

Ghost Hound up until the ending when they threw every single build-up under the bus

>books and movies aren't scary
>horror only exists in video games
It's like I'm reading pure, distilled retardation.

Yamishibai (specifically the first season) is pretty scary. Mostly due to the unsettling mix-media and how it builds up tension.

Attached: Yamishibai.gif (500x250, 974K)

VR horror is pretty top notch though.
In fact it could be what VR is most suited to.

Mononoke and Bakeneko

It's a shame the other seasons of Yamishibai sucked ass

retarded opinion, clearly you've never read a book in your entire life.
manga doesn't count.

>Deal with all mediums of horror just fine
>VR horror nearly makes me shit my pants

Attached: 1556034427852.jpg (847x572, 50K)

If by proper you mean actually scary then no. They are just unsettling at best. Go read a book

I'd pay a shitton of money for a Junji Ito drawn Warhammer 40k manga.

Attached: 600px-Plague_Marine_Face.jpg (600x600, 61K)

'Full Metal Alchemist' there is some seriously twisted stuff in that.

Is okay at the first episode, after that it turn into shit and each episode is worse than the previous one

I still haven't foung a manga, whoose author understands horror more than this guy.

Attached: 1.jpg (1456x955, 438K)

>intentionally puts lewd covers to honeypot people to buying it
>50/50 of someone avoiding it like a plague or ends up awakening some kind of hidden fetish inside them

Titties are an important part of horror flicks. It really suits this manga to be so casual with the nudity. Also you'll get another cover under the first one that might clue you in on an actual contents.

Attached: 2.jpg (728x1059, 226K)

Shiki is the one I enjoyed the most because the few actual horror scenes were done well and overall atmosphere was really nice thanks to the god tier OST and unique artstyle.

To me Yamishibai was the worst kind of horror with intentionally poor visuals, shitty acting, and ear-raping audio levels. Kagewani was from the same director, but was thousand times more watchable since it was closer to traditional anime in production (way better visuals with more movement and color + using Sugita and other big names instead of non-seiyuu amateurs), the monsters were designed well, and the horror was created through mystery, drama, and action instead of going "oooh, look at these shitty figures, so creepy oooh BOOM jump scare, the end".
Also, ARRIVAL OF FEEEAAAAR

Attached: bopping loli.gif (500x492, 208K)

This but unironically

>Shiki
>Good horror
LMAO
Shiki is entertaining in a certain way but god damn how am I supposed to be scared by it when all the characters have a more flamboyant hair style than a new age punk group ?

youtube.com/watch?v=kYcXBIuo4Mg
Best scene.

Magnetic Rose.

Betterman

ayo this is pretty good user thanks.
>dat second chapter ending
wtf is she doing? laying eggs inside him or something? god i wish that were me (i want to be her not the dude lol)

what chapter is that pic from?

please recommend me some more good transformation chapters from this manga or I'll just go ahead and read them all.

Attached: 1557869743537.jpg (318x299, 21K)

Man fuck you guys, I just wasted the last 3 hours reading that shit. Wish I had my 3 hours back, what a fucking joke. Half the thing was just black pages, ghost zombies, and the worst fucking dialog I have ever read. Really tough to get scared when the characters are talking like british country bumpkins "oi". A giant skull monster bursts through a wall, eats some machinery, than there are zombies all over everyone and the next panel they are all just gone again. Absolute garbage from page 1, jabaited again by Yea Forums.

That's literally the cover of the last volume.

Just read Sister of Nurgle, you'll get the same vibes.

>mecha horror

Attached: confused looking anime girls with interrogation marks on their heads.jpg (239x268, 26K)

in chapter 8 who is the girl that the painter meets after he gets his new eyes? i dont get it.

Ghost Hound was the only one so far that was genuinely unsettling to me, both in themes and visuals. The way it portrayed childhood trauma was both realistic and frightening.

Shiki is a bit eerie, i suppose

>Ghost Hound
user, people on Yea Forums don't watch stuff like that.