How old were you when Haruhi aired?

>How old were you when Haruhi aired?

Attached: 1557473680812.png (960x720, 666K)

I come from the future so I wasn't born yet. From what I hear, the show was pretty repetitive.

Who's the chick on the right

2006 right?
I was 9 back then.

I think I was graduating high school, so 17 as well

I was born in april 2001, so I guess 5 years old.

I never even seen haruhi so I don't remember.

Cake Haruhi is so hot.

It's been such a long time, I've lost count. When did Pangaea form?

>Who's the chick on the right
Cake Haruhi aka adult Haruhi

18 for season 1, 21-22 for season 2.

Looks like she goes barhopping and picking up strangers a lot.

I almost had an aneurysm yesterday because Girls Und Panzer AMV showed up on my youtube feed and noticed the upload date

Attached: 1476495146107.png (556x594, 180K)

wtf

College Haruhi when?

Attached: College Haruhi.jpg (788x828, 246K)

das Finale part 6 will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the franchise

I was about 16, but I watched it about a year after it aired, all at once (in broadcast order) so I was 17 when I saw it. I remember starting to read the LNs on Baka-Tsuki during AP Chemistry on the school computers since we were left to our own devices a lot. I failed that AP test but I don't blame Haruhi for that.
Only S2.

Disgusting

Based boomer.

I wasn't born yet

Could I get a rundown about LN's Haruhi? Whan happened after anime? Is the LN ending?

based zoomer

Haruhi looks like THAT? Maybe she isn't so bad after all.

16. I didn't watch anime back then so I caught up to it much later.

i was six

>Cake
Surely Kyon is tapping that

kyon got cucked

>Tanigawa
>finishing a series
Good luck with that.

>How old were you when Haruhi aired?
It didn't finish airing yet, so how should I know how old I will be by then?

I want haruhi to bully, humiliate and beat me up in front of the girl i like!

16 and was about to graduate junior high school.

Attached: 1385847532130.jpg (450x557, 62K)

I was a college student.

>that college Haruhi
I think I'm gonna explode

Like 10 or so
damn i'm old

Twelve when season one came out.
Didn't start watching it until season two was airing

Attached: 1446973089893.jpg (1600x1200, 177K)

Attached: 1458603749831.png (382x395, 62K)

Ah I want to eat cake

Attached: 1522395635293.jpg (884x1268, 278K)

it aired in 2006, so 6 years old

my brothers

22. WTF at the responses in this thread.

>Haruhi was 16 back in 2003 when the first novel was published
>She would be 32 by now

2006? I was 13 in 2006. Damn.

You're like 23. Try again in a decade or so.

I was 16. I'm not in the U.S., and back then people here didn't use to download as much anime, everybody was still only watching what we had on TV. I remember Haruhi and Death Note changed that, people were really getting into anime cause of those two.

2006? God dangit I'm still 2 years old back then~ :Oo

where are you from?

>All these "young" responses
So the underage Yea Forums thing was fucking real wtf

Attached: 1558008781435.gif (320x300, 285K)

Mootxico, before that our shitty excuses for anime cons you wouldn't really hear people talk about currently airing shows. But then right after Haruhi came out, woo brother, everybody was downloading the newest episodes week after week.

This is what we have to share the board with. Embarassing

I didn't know there were 12 volumes, I thought there were only 10? Or is this the manga or something?

did you expect the original crowd to stay here till they're 80 and die or something?

Pretty similar here in the US, too. I remember my first con I went to, AX 2006, there were a lot of cosplayers of older popular shows like Hellsing, Pokemon, Excel Saga, etc, but not that much currently airing stuff. Lots of MMO cosplay too, like RO. After that, though, it seemed like there was more awareness of the latest shows that were airing.

That cake Haruhi, Jesus.

I remember when this was all Yea Forums would talk about, and then Kyo Ani and the author shit the bed separately. Fucking endless eight and LN in limbo...

Wasn't moot 16 back in 2006?

>Cake
If you don't think God isn't marrying his mortal consort, you have another thing coming.

Why the fuck is nobody translating this?

Disappearance was kino, at least

Is this the pic on the right from the LN or manga? I need a scan of this.

Oh nice, I wish I'd been going to Anime Expo since so long, only been 3 times myself, 2015, 2017, and 2018.
I recall not having watched the first episode since people here were all weirded out about it and had to wait until a friend watched the 2nd one and told me it was a real anime and not just some weird parody. There were folks here that had read the books already and told everybody to just keep watching, Yea Forums has always been a pretty high level place, huh.

You guys said that about Oreki, so I don't believe you.

13 years old. What's the OP pic about?

Why are her tits so big?

I was 20 when it aired, and I had already been on Yea Forums for two years by then, so I also took part in the hype leading up to the series airing.
It’s still one of my favorite anime, and I have rewatched it several times, and have consumed every conceivable form of haruhi media, from character songs to audio books etc.

As much as I want the series to continue, after seeing full metal panic sigma, I think it’s for the best that it just remains as is.
airing order is still the best way to watch season 1

15. Still haven't watched it.

She's a mother of 5 children.

14 when it started airing and 15 when it finished (season 1).

I didn't watch it until I was 18.

Oh, man those character songs. Yuki's are the best overall, and the Kyon ones always crack me up. Cool Edition (Ryoko's) is one of my favorite songs from the series.

Because Kyon likes 'em big, duh.

Attached: 1275850194153.jpg (618x782, 256K)

Apparently Haruhi chan is ended? And theres another new short story included in the final volume?

Sad to think that Haruhi on Yea Forums is so dead that I didnt hear about this despite that guy spamming that "is it still good" thread the past couple of weeks. If s3 came out now Yea Forums probably wouldn't even care

Same Oh didn’t read the latest posts when posting my reply. Yeah I can confirm that haruhi was a game changer (I’m from Europe), it singlehandedly made a huge push to make anime more mainstream, and suddenly it was more hip and cool to keep tabs on the latest and greatest anime series instead of the classics. It was also at the time that people began to notice the whole web culture and that akihabara was a thing etc.
A perfect storm actually.
Oh yeah don’t forget that haruhi had a lot of viral marketing beforehand both up to airing and leading up to the English dub release.

>adult Haruhi
Wait. Does it mean we are getting these comics adapted?

Attached: 409a2ff0d8ca4190c30ce496080351cf.jpg (423x1231, 144K)

Yeah Yuki’s is definitely the best, but then we have stuff like kyon and even his little sister... we didn’t need that.

Same again >web culture
I meant weeb culture

>trying to find my oldest image related
>predates the anime by an entire year

Attached: 1252298571612.jpg (1600x1200, 481K)

and mostly posting on Yea Forums at the time

I miss when you could start 300-reply flame wars by posting an image of the PS3 and nothing else as your thread back then. Now all you need to do is be a woman or black and the entire board turns into /pol/2.

Yeah I miss being able to take the piss in general. Everything's either super serious or a seven layer been dip of irony. That tone is gone.

Is that from animewallpapers? Minitokyo.net?

Man I'm old

He was born sometime in '88 which would have made him 17 or 18.
He founded Yea Forums when he was 15.

Attached: 1554197591668.jpg (332x299, 28K)

I was literally the 12 year old on Yea Forums in 2007 bro.

Haruhi is a lesbian.

I JUST WANT A GIRL TO LOOK AT ME LIKE THIS FUCK

Attached: source.gif (556x312, 2.79M)

probably animewallpapers originally, that seems to be where a lot of the stuff posted here came from, but that filename is the one I saved it from here with.

Attached: 1251851671026.png (3000x2125, 2.6M)

I was 3 I think

>currently 16

Attached: 5 year ban.jpg (557x724, 65K)

That's right user. You've been hanging out with a bunch of children this whole time and unwittingly watched them grow up.

that means there are people born in 2007 lurking itt right now

Attached: 1558076818615.png (596x646, 128K)

I was 8. It would be another 8 years until I got an interest in anime and another 11 until I actually watched her show

The Haruhi-chan spinoff manga. It ended in December.

>mfw been here since 16

Attached: 1557192286168.jpg (480x439, 27K)

I've been here since I was 13, and moot was 15.

any public scans?

>my nephew could be that 10yo headset screamer talking about how epic fortnite is
>I could call him a faggot and never know

Attached: eyes bleed.jpg (180x157, 10K)

Attached: kimonos_005b.jpg (1902x1208, 538K)

We just had a e-celeb thread in Yea Forums a while ago with people seriously having a discussion in it so yes.

TANIGAWA YOU LAZY SHIT FINISH THE LAST NOVEL

Why am I still here?

8. Had no idea what Haruhi or anime was back then. Thought Beyblade and Yugioh were just regular cartoons.

I was 13 and thought it looked like gay, unfunny shit. I then watched it and found out I was entirely correct in that assessment.

I think starting high school, I bought the first North American DVD volume with the big box that had the Hare Hare Yukai CD and all the extra shit probably for like $60-70. Because of all the hype I heard from anime magazines and websites. Was disappointed in everything but episode 0 but still completed the box hoping it’d get better...and now at least a decade later I’m selling the whole thing for $25. Sad.

Attached: 74FEFCB3-65AD-40FC-A487-65FBFE8D78FA.jpg (3634x2783, 2.45M)

Each volume had a big expensive aniplex-tier box like this, I’m pretty sure. So some poor sobs have four of this bricks on their shelf.

Also holy shit, I literally just fapped to Shunjou Shuusuke's Nagato and Ishikei's doujins before seeing this thread.

I was celebrating my 20th year of life with Yea Forums.

Attached: 1144343359147.gif (223x180, 933K)

Imagine being older than moot and still posting here. How embarrassing.

You'll be here too.
Unless you an hero or something. Which is cool, too.

Attached: 1541389792555.jpg (210x240, 13K)

I was 21 when it aired in Japan
About 29 when I finally watched it

Not likely. When 2020 rolls around, I'm getting a lucrative career, moving out of my dad's house, losing my virginity and getting married. Yea Forums will be but a distant memory.

>when next year rolls around...Yea Forums will be but a distant memory
Really, user?
Also, I didn't need to mention it before, but I too have had one of those lucrative careers for a while now as well. But fun things somehow remain to be fun.

>Also, I didn't need to mention it before, but I too have had one of those lucrative careers for a while now as well. But fun things somehow remain to be fun.
Yes, but does your lucrative career involve being a superstar pitcher in the MLB with a sub-2.00 ERA? Bet not.

Interdusting.

Attached: 1539917382705.jpg (480x436, 27K)

Imagine actually being an oldfag and posting on Yea Forums

Attached: laughing chinese lady.jpg (487x510, 120K)

If you manage all those things in the next 1.5 years I'll be very impressed. But chances are however, time will go faster than you expect and you won't have achieved half of what you hoped to. Best of luck though.

I used to laugh at oldfags too but now I'm coming up 22 and becoming ever more jaded and disillusioned with the younger posters it's becoming ever more apparent that I'll be here well into my 30s. That is assuming this place still exists by then.

10-13. Didn't watch it until a few years later after the movie had been out for like a year or two when I was in highschool.

oldfag thread now
kids better be going back to sleep, to school or to your fortnite lobby.

Attached: 1315717031018.jpg (547x333, 27K)

it's not just an image? there's a whole chapter based off cake Haruhi

>filename starting with 13
>oldfag
Nice try.

I was 14 so at the prime of my week and didn't know how to hide my powerlevel

Not that guy but I used to religiously maintain my Yea Forums folder. I don't have a single unix timestamp filename from before I got lazy around 2011.

You are fucking lucky we are on Yea Forums, if this was any other board there would be a 99% underageb& density.

How old were you when you discovered this shithole? I was 15 back in 2009.

>mfw no cake Haruhi wife

Attached: 1357023020905.jpg (848x900, 107K)

Yes but it's untranslated

Attached: 1522395724807.jpg (884x1268, 260K)

got a link?

First year of uni, so 19? It's all a mess anyway.
I could probably remember most of the Hare Hare Yukai moves though. I'm not going to read this thread in fear of discovering how I'm surrounded by fucking babies

Attached: Haruhi is serious business.jpg (1033x4327, 621K)

too old

I used to do the same.
Thank god I didn't rename everything and took considerably less time to get lazy.

Attached: 1093360741998.jpg (814x516, 34K)

What a fucking travesty that nobody's translating this.

>still needing translations

Attached: 1191543906198.jpg (1282x880, 242K)

I can only do so much between learning how to program , working , studying, re-reading new novels , shitposting and finishing my backlog , although I learned how to read katakana and hiragana I'm sure as fuck that I won't be studying kanji over learning how to make more money.

imgur.com/a/tMtdZRN
I have these four images that's all

wait so she is a genuine cake? aka not married or having a bf?

she smug

Attached: IWIseGi[1].jpg (884x1268, 210K)

Seems like she's waiting for Kyon at the cafe, and gets jealous when she sees him talking to someone else outside

I don't understand a single thing in this one...What's the context?

The oldest filename I have is
Which is almost certainly a truncated:
1281175744743X
How many seconds exactly after 1969 it was uploaded to Yea Forums is lost to time.

I just imagine a cynical, basement bound 36 year old whenever I see Yea Forums complain about people being fucking 18 on an 18+ board.
OT: I was 8 when first season came out, didn't watch anime till I was like 17 though

The alternatives are even worse.

>No more hairband and ribbons
Disgusting

I was 11 or 12
I watched a poorly translated 240p version on youtube because a qt french girl I went to school with said she enjoyed it.
And that was my intro to anime.

Attached: nDTNWW1AGrgH4Dk_W6JwuyE0KkaDoBpaKiCY26l6GOo.jpg (560x767, 47K)

>We just had a e-celeb thread in Yea Forums a while ago
Fucking when?

Bro... you know the last 3 digits are randomized right?
Otherwise there'd be a bunch of images with the same filename all the time. Well not all the time, but way more often.

Not tapping it is even more enjoyable.

Attached: haruhi bullied.jpg (418x2662, 339K)

embarassing? this is a zoomer site
the only thing that's embarassing and pathetic is that old fucks like you still don't have a life and take up space on sites geared towards young people

Haha no

Just to suffer.

This nigga getting aids in 2 years from a prostitute.

No but really, who is an artist for right pic? This smug smile will haunt me otherwise.

Puyo

that's a nice story

Thanks user.

Watched with Yea Forums with I was 12

Wait? Is that Haruhi?

Would I kill for a cake Haruhi anime.

>tfw watched this on youtube

I was born in 2000 and first came here in 2016 but I took the "lurk for two years before posting" thing seriously.

Cake Haruhi is making my dick rock hard. Look at how fertile she is

And it should still be taken seriously.
No one seems to give a shit about lurking moar anymore

Is this what boomers feels towards millennials? I feels people born in year 2000s are young but they're actually young adult now.

No, because there's a generation in between boomers and millennials and there's not a generation between us and the zoomers. And there's not a technological gap between us, because both our generations grew up with the internet and computers, while most boomers didn't.

16. I miss haruhiism and the retarded old Yea Forums.

15/16

>Kyon can fuck this
what a lucky guy

Attached: Haruhi bunny angry drink tea.gif (500x625, 1.78M)

when the fuck is issue 12 being printed

Attached: b65de039-7a15-4357-b82b-2a0563e051f2..jpg (359x362, 61K)

>And there's not a technological gap between us
Kids now all grew up with smartphones.

Never.

Sould have been around 21-22 i think

Absolutely divine taste.

Wait is Haruhi still ongoing? Has the author just not published the final novel?

I'd have done that but I hate a fair chunk of the posters in Haruhi threads.

What's the watch order for Haruhi? Since I was 6 when it came out, it honestly didn't interest me that much at the time

she looks more like 20-25

Are you inept with smartphones? Because that's the difference between a boomer and even about half of Gen X.

2000's eternal newfag here. I think I lurked for about one year and read up on the site history before I made my first post.

Broadcast order. After you're done, read the summary of the episodes in chronological order just to get an idea of when it all takes place, but the real experience is broadcast order.

Adult Haruhi is absurdly hot, wow.

What happened to character songs? Most popular anime used to have them.

It's not about competence with the technology. People who have had 24/7 mobile internet access and modern social media all their lives grew up in an entirely different world compared to anyone who was older by the time smartphones were widely available.

It's been awhile since I've read them, but here's the highlights I can remember. Asahina get's her own arc in book 7, In book 8 the characters all write their own short stories and you get to read some of them. And the last 3 volumes are a long arc involving a new character. I can't remember enough of what happened to really describe any of the arc, but I thought it was pretty good back then.

It's a really strange situation to be in. I've had to explain the concept of renting movies physically and that the memory card sticking out of my PS2 only stores saves, not the entire game, to a pretty sharp kid I know who's around 14 these days. There's always going to be differences between age groups but the gap between today's 15 year olds and today's 20 year olds is probably one of the most pronounced in history.

I think it was autumn of 2007 and I was 22 then.

Show him this and say you'll give him 20 bucks if he can figure it out without looking it up on the internet.

Attached: age test.jpg (400x290, 21K)

Everyone who's born after 9/11 is just a fucking beast, I've got enough of these kids, they drive me crazy with their shit
Can't we go back to just being between us? it truly was better before...

Attached: Honoka suspicious sip.jpg (552x1080, 65K)

Some still do but I don't feel any real compulsion to grab most of them.

I wanna snug her smug mug

Attached: 62772118_p6.jpg (994x1099, 144K)

>I share this board with 2000+ fags

Time to kill myself.

life is already depressing enough, why do 2000+ have to exist and come even here?

Adult Haruhi looks like she's from Tejina-senpai or something. Way different style than the original.

God I want to marry Haruhi so badly.

I was born in 96 so I was 10 when it came out. Though I didn't watch it till the movie was already out, so I first saw it when I 14~15

Attached: here forever.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

5, I watched it with my mom

Attached: 1235842281416.jpg (125x123, 4K)

Me too
1989 rocks

She should use a ponytail 24/7

13, I don't think I watched it the year it aired though.

Most pens aren't big enough to engage properly. I just stuck my pinky in the spool and spun the cassette around.

Dissociation Haruhi is the best. Really impressive how much she's grown.

I love her so much

Attached: Haruhi swimsuit pool.jpg (946x1080, 84K)

ive been browsing Yea Forums since 2007.
i was 7 years old in 2007.

Never ever.

Attached: 1557662005429.jpg (1200x1277, 553K)

pachinko

>I've had to explain the concept of renting movies physically
what the fuck, renting can't be that much an outdated concept, even at 18 i remember renting a shit ton of my anime, movies, and games at blockbuster, local shops, and hollywood video and renting manga from my local library.
has physical media died that much?

six
mercy kill me please

this hurts more than Columbia ever did

check this out

i miss when people said funny things in these flame wars.

I was like 17 or 18
This board is a cesspool now it's all children, majority of the of the ones who were really young and have no idea what Haruhi is (probably weren't even into anime yet) are not even replying to this thread so what's the point.

>it's now their daughter bursting into the bedroom

Attached: KYON KUN.jpg (872x1072, 227K)

where the fuck is the fighting

Attached: 67495832.jpg (1000x562, 135K)

If she was there fucking him then who was phone?

How did this series end up ending? I remember reading what I thought was the final volume where Haruhi made the Deus ex machina girl so Kyon would stop hanging out with Sasaki or some shit and then it just randomly ended. Where there more? Did Kyon and Haruhi actually end up together?

Attached: A30730CD-4873-45AB-8A41-8CB1C3CA730C.jpg (364x240, 15K)

I tounged it who knew I would be gaining skills that would last me a lifetime

Attached: 1375932047744.jpg (500x375, 28K)

can you use your influence to get someone to make a not-shit baseball manga or anime?

Attached: Raph.png (2160x1652, 2.32M)

Endless Eight happened and Yea Forums collectively killed themselves

Mikuru

13 or 14

Attached: 1552948930094.jpg (254x445, 40K)

>Today on May 2, KADOKAWA released the final 12th tankobon volume of Puyo's The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan, an official comedy spin-off manga to Nagaru Tanigawa's Haruhi Suzumiya light novel series. As special bonus items, the volume comes with a newly-written short story by Tanigawa, as well as illustrations by the novel illustrator Noizi Ito and the manga illustrator Gaku Tsugano.

>The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi-chan was serialized in KADOKAWA's Monthly Shonen Ace from July 2007 to December 2018. It was also adapted into a 25-episode short net animation on YouTube by Kyoto Animation, the company worked on the main Haruhi anime series, in 2009.

>While its main novel series in Kadokawa Sneaker Bunko has been on hiatus for eight years since 2011, most recently, a 120-page short story "Nanafushigi Overtime" (Seven Wonders Overtime) written by Tanigawa was published in the 30th anniversary special issue of KADOKAWA's light novel magazine The Sneaker released in October 2018.

The Haruhi Light Novel is still on Hiatus since 2011.

Only the Haruhi spin-off manga is ending at Volume 12.

OP made his thread title too ambiguous which caused people to think the actual main story light novel series was ending

Attached: ConsidertheFollowing.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>cake
>wife

Attached: What the fuck am I reading.jpg (736x1080, 75K)

Animated Sasaki arc fucking when. Fuck you Aya for ruining this series.

? I know that
And Tanigawa wrote a short comment to recommend this

Attached: D6xVuMQUwAA2txo.jpg (960x623, 136K)

Jesus, I was 20.

Attached: 1264210071886.jpg (325x681, 64K)

I think at this point I've accept that Haruhi will never be finished.

I was 5 haha.

Damn user I didn't think people my age use this website.

anyone read the japanese ln version? i want to expand my vocab is this a good way of doing so?

Fuck, we're old.

>doesn't think 18 year olds use Yea Forums

what

Pathetic. Leave my board you baby faced faggot

i've been here since ~2006, you've been sharing it with me for a while.