Doctors conducting horrible experiments on you to and literally trying to inflict as much pain on you as possible

>Doctors conducting horrible experiments on you to and literally trying to inflict as much pain on you as possible
>O my best friend Kai

7 chapters in and the MC is the worst character so far, does the rest of the cast make up for this piece of shit ?

Attached: if you kill your enemies they win.png (594x925, 511K)

Other urls found in this thread:

swankyrambling.wordpress.com/2015/04/30/how-gamon-sakurai-saved-ajin/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what manga

Ajin

I liked him basically throughout the manga, but I do disagree with Nagai siding with the government. Plus a schizoid (Kei isn't fully one) MC is pretty rare

Guess i got my answer

Attached: Capture.png (950x873, 1.17M)

Make up your fucking mind for yourself.

How is he being a piece of shit here exactly? He's upset that his friend risked his only life for him when he probably wouldn't do the same if the roles were reversed. It's a very humanizing scene.

Piece of shit insofar as he's being the typical awful shonen protagonist by equating self-defense with senseless slaughter, it would've been a good scene if he had chosen to go from killing all of the "scientists" currently experimenting on him and torturing him to incapacitating them by knocking them out but instead it was just your typical drivel.

Who should he side with then? Satou? The nutbag who even admits he doesn't give a shit about Ajin and just wants to have fun. Nagai wants a quiet life, Satou is just making it worse for him.

Nagai's not one to hold grudges and he doesn't really care about the scientists' lives either.

Go read some gay shit like narutard or Gay piece.

I'm not even talking about holding a grudge but erasing the imminent threat to you that's constantly probing your reactions to see which blade they stick in you causes the most pain, i understand that he didn't really control the black ghost's movements beyond vague commands like "kill" but he could've at least pushed them away with it.

wait, I must be having terrible reading comprehension today, but is your complaint that he retaliated against his captors?

I think he's complaining about letting them experiment on him without resisting because of the old 'If you kill him you'll be like him' drivel.

in most situations thats dumb, but even more so in this situation its retarded .blows my mind

Keep reading. He becomes one of the best MCs in any manga

>He becomes one of the best MCs in any manga
no. he becomes better but no

Nagai understood that they were just doing their jobs, they weren't torturing him because they get off on pain. That's also the reason he saves one of the scientists when he could simply walk away. Because of his own ambition of becoming a doctor, he understands the importance of keeping someone who studies Ajin alive, as they could help with the condition later on.
>if you kill him, you'll be like him
I don't think it was ever about that. If he kills them in retaliation, he proves to society that he (and Ajin by association) are dangerous and need to be neutralized. Yes, it's a shitty leap of logic, but you have to understand the fear of someone who's literally unkillable. Looking at it logically, if he kills them and escapes, then what? He'd be on the run for the rest of his life and he doesn't want that; he wants to reintegrate into society and live a normal life. Nagai simply isn't emotion-driven and is willing to undergo some torture, if it benefits him in the long run. I think his reasoning makes sense.

Attached: kei.jpg (250x322, 17K)

>he proves to society that he (and Ajin by association) are dangerous and need to be neutralized
the fear alone of them not dying would have kept them in cages and torture forever had he not be rescued nagai would have snapped(if he didnt already)

Maybe he anticipated that Satou would come rescue him? Yeah, in hindsight, it's pretty stupid that he would allow others to experiment on him.

>Maybe he anticipated that Satou would come rescue him?
no he didn't nor should he have because he outright rejected satou's offer for a revolution. which makes sense which makes satou next move to show that he doesn't have a choice its either with satou or with the government and you see how they're treating them.
satou's partner betrayal makes more sense than nagai just accepting the torture.
and the only reason he didnt go right back is because of satou and they needed help catching him so anyone willing they would take, the only value ajins would have is either military or medical(on the receiving end which they showed.

If an immoral act becomes a job it stays immoral whether or not someone is doing it because they were hired to do so, whether or not they were doing their jobs is irrelevant, it's not like they're poor mercenaries who all have tragic backstories like trying to pay for their mother's medical fees. Some of them probably justify what they do with some utilitarian thinking such as "a few people going through this to potentially help all of humanity in the future is a low price to pay". We can assume by the nature of their work that they're all extremely qualified people who could easily have found work somewhere else, probably. But i don't think Nagai even views it in terms of ethics and i don't think anyone in his situation would have either, indescribable pain is being inflicted on you and the only reasoning he can give is that his best friend would've hated him for it. He could've knocked them out, pushed them away or incapacitated them in other ways.

>he understands the importance of keeping someone who studies Ajin alive, as they could help with the condition later on.
Yeah again we're not talking about him killing the scientists after his escape but during the experiments.

>If he kills them in retaliation, he proves to society that he (and Ajin by association) are dangerous and need to be neutralized.
I think it's been fairly well established that Nagai is way too smart to end up with this conclusion, even if he did manage to escape the facility without killing anyone he probably should've been thinking "it would all either covered up or faked by saying i killed everyone but if i don't do anything i'm going to be stuck here forever".

Attached: 1557844159328.png (281x281, 123K)

OP's critics are legit. Nagai's character was handled really bad. First we are shown that he would not hesitate a moment to abandon his mother and sister or that he didn't care when some doctor got shot while saving him. But then he start moralfagging Satou after getting brutally tortured for days. Satou was the one to risk his "life" and save Nagai. It doesnt make sense that Satou would suddenly change his mind and be grateful to Satou just because he shot a few doctors who were conducting human experiments. Nagai is really badly written and all of his plans are only plot convenient. Everyone, all the smart dudes in the room, turn to super genius Nagai for help because he's the only one who can figure out how to defeat Satou since he's a super mega genius.
Honestly if it wasn't for Satou, I'd have dropped this manga a long time ago. Althrough, Satou is starting to get boring too because the author is over-using him and his character is going to get dull.

Attached: 1436848181924.jpg (1001x564, 56K)

>Nagai's character was handled really bad. First
that's why there was a change in authors or something so I think it's pointless to argue about a character change since we know why he changed. everything you said is right though

I really hate this boring faggot, manga should be just about Sato having fun imo. Without the template boy wasting time between each fun part.

>that's why there was a change in authors or something
Any source on this ? It seems like the cheesy Shonen moral compass for Nagai was abandoned half way through and i'm glad for that.

>It seems like the cheesy Shonen moral compass for Nagai was abandoned half way through
he gained it though, in the beginning when his friend sacrificed himself to run away he didn't feel anything
>Any source on this ?
swankyrambling.wordpress.com/2015/04/30/how-gamon-sakurai-saved-ajin/

Okay so, originally author and illustrator were two different people. There's a certain point where the artist and author had a split in opinion over the direction of the manga and the artist took over while the author went off to write Tenkuu Shinpan.

I don't remember when the split happened but it was around the time the video game references became more common and Nagai went from generic moralfag MC to someone a lot more sociopathic and practical. Ironically enough Tenkuu Shinpan is pretty generic and artist, Sakurai Gamon, is a far better writer than Tsuina Miura.

Read it literally just for sato. He's so great you won't be disappointed.

A shame Kai got jailed and we haven't heard of him in ages.

Attached: 1478287237324.png (542x464, 111K)

You got it wrong. Nagai started as a sociopathic and practical character. See how he didn't care about his family, how he stopped playing with his friend just because his mom told him so, how he didnt enjoy spending time with his high school friends etc. Then he got turned into a moralfag who has to save the word even though he doesnt want it because its such a drag, but he will do it anyway, because he has a heart of gold

even his sister stopped hanging around him because she thought he was cold for dumping kai just because his mom told him so

>how he stopped playing with his friend just because his mom told him so
He stopped because he wanted to be a doctor and his mom told him that hanging around "people like Kai" would be bad for his future career, but he never stopped thinking of Kai as a friend.

No he started off as a moralfag.

The sociopath tendencies got retconned in after the author left. He goes through character development because like his mom said, he's not really a sociopath, just someone who's ruthlessly practical. His emotions are all still there but he's just been suppressing them and trying to ignore the fact that he actually cares. Like that time he goes back to kill that guy who outed him as a Demi Human to save the granny who helped him.

The reason why he's going back isn't because he wants to "save the world" or anything, it's because he knows letting Sato run free is going to be worse for him and everyone else. Plus there's that sort of revenge aspect in there because he befriended the mercenary guy who Sato killed at the top of the tower. He goes through this whole mini arc when he just ditches his group and considers jumping in the ocean so that he doesn't have to deal with this shit anymore and calls his mom so that he can reassure her about how he's doing. He has that whole thing where he turns back because he realizes that he actually does give a shit about stopping Sato since he didn't want all the deaths he caused through the tower plan to just have been for nothing.

>The sociopath tendencies got retconned in after the author left.
then he started as a sociopath so other user was right, but the author did do his best working back the angle