Why does she make this board seethe so much?

Why does she make this board seethe so much?

Attached: 776b2e7ff0aee79f0117b9fe587fb242.jpg (400x596, 33K)

I'm interested in watching monogatari but first I have to know: Is crab a virgin?

It's the closest thing to actual female behavior depicted in the series and that terrifies otaku virgins.

Her name is way too long.
Also this. She's a roastie.

Pretty much this.

She doesn't make me seethe.

I think she's lovely and a well-rounded character.

Attached: 1360458269190.png (1930x2884, 804K)

Redditgahari.

Not for long.

>She's a roastie.
I'm tempted to refute this, but for some reason I don't want to.

kill yourself

Because she has personality beyond craving the MCs dick which ruins anons self insert because he knows he’s actually got nothing to offer

>roastie

Literally used goods. Canonically got raped by a priest, and was in love with a 40 year old man before she Araragi

Lies.

Because she won, and therefore prevents user's preferred girl from winning. Also, crabfags are insufferable.

She's frequently given roles of importance that she doesn't measure up to in terms of emotional weight. All emotional connection to her is sucking off the buildup from Bake and that can't sustain the value she's meant to have. Her gimmicks have also grown stale and while she delivers witty dialogue it's often witty independently of the conversation, rather than a part of the banter that makes this show what it is. In short she lacks chemistry with Araragi which only furthers the first problem, making their romance lose cohesion over time. Additionally she isn't a very complex of compelling character, and what little development she has - generally regarding her temprament - is not only off-screened, but ultimately makes her duller (even if it is realistically positive). Once again this hollowness to her character correlates to weakening emotional impact - a major trend in her arc.

The conclusion is that she's outclassed in most ways by essentially every character on the cast, which makes her enforced narrative relevance all the more infuriating. It's easy to be agitated that she takes up big climactic moments of resolution and meaning in place of characters with whom you've developed a strong emotional connection. This compounds with the fact that because she delivers lines that are "savage" or singularly entertaining she retains widespread popularity, hence "redditgahara" - though I hate that name. Thus her weaknesses feel more pronounced, as there is a strong awareness that people are favoring by far one of the weakest characters.

And, honestly, despite all that I don't outright hate her. She is entertaining and although she isn't very complex or dynamic she retains enough individuality to be a strong character - it's simply a matter of her being weaker than her peers, rather than weak overall. I do, however, feel momentary pangs of hatred when I think about alternative routes we could have pursued - or when thinking about the Math debacle.

Because.

Attached: 1536369315967.gif (608x606, 116K)

Shes one of best characters in anime
Her background is interesting, her relationships are interesting, her role is the story is great since it enables Araragi to be more interesting.

I don't mind her as a character, just prefer a lot of the others. I do think she's used annoyingly though, usually just popping up at the end to close off the narrative, her being the one to do it all the time hardly ever feels "deserved" because she does so little else.

Setting aside the character, the insane Crabfags and insane Batfags who argue every thread about the exact same shit are the ones that cause people to seethe moreso than the character itself does I feel.

Sums it up pretty well. She's not bad, she's just worse than everyone else. Just ends up being kinda boring past Bake.

She fucked Cat so no

like, whatever

Attached: 1544339474344.gif (500x333, 1.62M)

she's like a fat chick that won't eat her sandwich but spits on it so other girls won't eat it either.

>Canonically got raped by a priest
Nice head canon
she fought off the cultist that was trying to molest her which got her mom in trouble. That mad her mom angry at crab which is why she locked away her feelings

>roastie.
Literally something that doesn't exist.

thats a lot more accurate but even still a half assed summary. Just watch the show OP.

Is gahara that big?

Senjougahara is the ultimate pleb filter in an anime that is itself a pleb filter. Since Yea Forums is filled with plebs from Yea Forums, Yea Forums, Yea Forums and Reddit, she makes them seethe.

Because she won instead of their favorite characters. Yea Forums is literally no better than a teenage girl obsessing over Avatar ships.

for you

Attached: 1550915541770.jpg (827x983, 153K)

This is one of the reasons why I have started to loathe this board. Everyone talks big as if they have a galaxy sized brain in their posts but when you get right down to it their discussions are nothing but the neckbeard counterpart to housewives gossiping about Eastenders.

Gorespammer?
She's still my favorite girl followed by Shinobu, Hanekawa, and Hachikuji.

Eh I don't really care that she got with Araragi. It's really as simple as preferring pretty much every single character and their interactions with Araragi. I suppose the one thing that annoys me is how she's so universally loved but that's a personal problem since I don't see why everyone's so fascinated by her.

I'm just jealous. She's a great woman.

She is inferior to Sodachi and she knows it. Redditgahara is the only one seething here.

Attached: killthecrab.jpg (800x450, 65K)

Got damn. I'd still want to bang her. I want to see her completely loose her composure and moan incessantly with pleasure. I wouldn't do it tho. I don't want to get stabbed or stapled.

>the ultimate pleb filter

Attached: 1778574563566712.gif (436x500, 2.32M)

Why do you seethe so much just because Yea Forums doesn't like your plebbit waifu?

Attached: 1553721173839.jpg (625x625, 46K)

live yourself

She's a bait for psuedos.

Attached: IMG_20190323_235357.jpg (1067x800, 98K)

Based mathfag posting the better tsundere.

Love yourself

It's the same everywhere, we're pigs in human clothing.

Pretty much.
I could post my AOTYs for the past decade and people would still fling shit at me even if I put runner ups. It's OK, there are still good people in here.

join nuudist beach now before it's too late

Attached: 345345234.gif (500x281, 825K)

>Side french braid/ponytail
Very cute, I love this hairstyle

Sodachi isn't your cheap everyday Tsundere. She hates Araragi for a legitimate reason.

Attached: sodachi.png (900x732, 453K)

Still lifting and cutting user.
In a few months I'm going to be part of nudist beach.

She's just like my wife and I love them both dearly. Such capacity for both cruelty and compassion.

Because Yea Forums is full of betas who cant handle an alpha female. I certainly won't let senjou shittalk me the way she does araragi.

Senjougahara's highlight were the episodes with Kaiki as the main girl.

You're right, that she's not cheap, but nonetheless she is a variety of tsundere, so my point stands.

What's her name again?

>waifu for cucks
OP never go full retard

She reeks off Kaiki's semen

This.

Attached: 1546531750104.jpg (1876x4104, 2.08M)

Does she though? Just because people shit on her doesn’t mean they actually care

Attached: D3E8EE94-765E-4B1B-8CF5-99BF1A93D000.jpg (920x887, 130K)

calling what you don't like plebbit is literally the epitome of seething. It's the old marxist tactics of associating what you don't like with something that is already established to be shit. It's getting old too.

>crabfags
pseud redditors who think monogatari is "problematic" for having incest and lolicon
>catfags
have an infantile obsession with breasts and nekomimi, would unironically visit a maid cafe
>batfags
entry-level lolicons who will insist they prefer her adult form
>monkeyfags
wish monogatari had more yuri, otherwise cool dudes
>snailfags
are banned from going within 1,000 feet of schools and playgrounds
>snakefags
highly educated, have stable careers and social lives, able to appreciate nuanced characterization and realistic flaws, 6+feet tall

Attached: 1536353427381.gif (500x281, 233K)

>snakefags
>not on probation for entering young girl's home and pretending to "save" her from her problems

Attached: 1272782538944.jpg (512x1284, 201K)

crabfag here, enjoying the incest and loliaction. Where is your spaghetti monster now, asshat?

Attached: 10514056415101.gif (720x411, 475K)

>calling what you don't like plebbit is literally the epitome of seething
Pretty sure this is revisionism, from what I understand is that she’s a reddit girl because plebbit loves her. Regardless there are countless other reasons to not like her, stop being asshurt when people don’t like you’re waifu

her legs are always way too skinny for my taste in official art

don't be ridiculous

Attached: 17765742621241.gif (746x420, 495K)

Yea Forums plebs are notorious for shit taste so anything or anyone "good" makes them seething hard.

Senjougahara is so perfect I don't know how Yea Forums can hate her she's the best.

Right there with this guy.

She makes my dick seethe

Attached: 58095571_p0.jpg (2890x1624, 2.03M)

I'll never forgive Nisio for cutting her hair.

Attached: 1527646514678.jpg (531x471, 59K)

If its true that they've already had sex then how come it took them this long to call eachother by their first name?

what do you have to say about beefags?

Attached: CUTE.png (1914x1076, 2.24M)

Nisio did nothing wrong.

Attached: 1546750734099.jpg (1280x1780, 731K)

2D is dumb. A couple could be blushing and getting shy for the stupidest of reasons, but somehow they can have sex without any spaghetti.

Based and JCpilled

Attached: 1557846651075.jpg (1017x1385, 590K)

O-one sentence user?

I'll be frank, I posted that but I have no idea what you're referring to.

Cause she forced math to be homeless.

>monkeyfags
>wish monogatari had more yuri
The general lack of yuri the show has is just fine with me. I love monkey because of how much fun she is.

Attached: monkey_wanna_get_funky_with_vamp_lolis_and_spunky.gif (410x568, 1.28M)

Used to.

Large flappy labia are more common than innies. Although they technically feel slightly better because the skin sticks to the dick while thrusting, it is quite ugly to look at. Especially if eating it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190403-233348.png (1920x1080, 1.27M)

>batfags
>will insist they prefer her adult form
I'm deeply offended by this

Attached: 1556653371129.jpg (512x411, 135K)

>who will insist they prefer her adult form
I will find and cut you.

This list is wrong on everything after catfags, but I have a more important issue: What about that one guy who's a snailfag specifically for Mayoi-oneesan?

>What about that one guy who's a snailfag specifically for Mayoi-oneesan?
What about me?

the snakefag part is also accurate

please don't ruin my fantasy image of women. just hearing about how common roasties are makes me want to throw up.

Absolutely based.

>also, those trips

Attached: 1557849533901.gif (500x281, 346K)

Well, what are you banned from if not schools and playgrounds? Or are you also banned from those, but due to oneesan hunting instead?

Not strictly. Some snakefags are pretty great, but others are jackasses. Others still are dumb as bricks. That said, people who think snake is a bad/the worst gatari are strictly dumbasses.

Cuz she's a cunt

Imagine being this much of a brainlet

This is a monogatari thread. Go shitpost about Eva, brainlet

Which Monogatari girls need anal the most?

Attached: Untitled.png (310x598, 162K)

thank god someone else said it before me

I feel Yotsugi would be into it for some reason

This literally does not happen, you imbecile. Stop pretending you know anything about Vaginias when the last time you saw one was when you came out of your mothers.

Yep. She's pretty good in Bake, but any scenes/relevance past that point makes it feel like she's just in the way.

>character written for some short story doesn't hold up when stretched out for countless sequels
who knows why she makes people so mad though she's hardly relevant beyond the occasional check-in every two or three years.

crusty crabs best crabs

Attached: 12343544344121.gif (501x520, 394K)

Manga > anime.

Attached: ca2300dce0eafe628a65154ff9a5b39f0046.jpg (1140x1618, 333K)

But I do prefer her adult form.

>Well yes, I'm a mathfag, how did you know?

Attached: gigachad.jpg (640x640, 53K)

Math is BY FAR worst girl.

Like she would make whoever second worst girl is look like best girl by the relative gap.

The internet exists I've seen plenty.

She's a whore.

this shit makes me want to be a lesbian and im a dude..

>t. math
Shouldn't you be hating araragi instead of yourself?

Attached: garbage.png (489x108, 10K)

>Math is BY FAR worst girl.
>Like she would make whoever second worst girl is look like best girl by the relative gap.
nice reddit spacing btw, redditgaharafag

Attached: gigavirging.jpg (680x760, 22K)

>fell for the Reddit spacing meme

There's no reason for it
None at all
See?

That's not the same thing as seeing them in real life. I know that, because if you had seen them in real life you wouldn't be saying stupid nonsense.

How many novels until she do a lovers suicide with koyomi?

She’s so much better than the other girls that Yea Forums feels like they need to knock her down a peg

she's nothing but a roadblock in the beautiful love story of araragi and kiss shot

Attached: monogatari_series___kiss_shot_and_araragi_by_incognito44_dcz4hv4-pre.jpg (1238x645, 78K)

Ok virgin.

appropriate considering that she is dating a cheater

>seethe

Attached: 1539888265160.jpg (1578x1080, 650K)

>infantile obsession with breasts
you sound pretty gay

She's fucking gorgeous in the manga

Attached: 1544354589871.jpg (2256x4857, 3.36M)

can't wait for the manga to catch up in 20 years

Attached: linuxfag waiting for Vulkan.jpg (298x403, 57K)

> or when thinking about the Math debacle.
What?

this

Sasuga Gigachad-dono!
Only he can handle those pure tsundere outbursts.

Attached: grin of the madman.jpg (197x179, 13K)

Attached: PSX_20190510_004022.jpg (2400x1599, 1.01M)

I don't get it, is it to show the manga is also pretty fucking good? I thought everyone kinda agrred on that already.

>that pic name

Attached: philandjoaquinlaghing.gif (427x327, 1.81M)

She only got walked home gently

Spotted the virgin or cuck.
Have moar sex.

What does it feel like to have such shit taste?

In short Senjougahara gets pissed that Araragi was secretly living with Math so Math has to leave in order to not hurt Crab's delicate feelings. By all rights it's actually understandable to be a little upset but the moment that goes from "understandably peeved" to "willing to let a depressed, mentally unstable friend become homeless over my insecurities" is also the exact moment I lose my last iota of respect for Crab.

And from the perspective of pieces in a narrative the situation is basically exchanging Math for Crab, once again affirming her importance despite me caring multitudes more for Sodachi.

Everyone is fucking gorgeous in the manga. She's still easily beaten by Monkey in terms of manga upgrades - an impressive feat considering Monkey was already so great.

Probably just comparison for comparison's sake, not meant to rustle jimmies.

Ougi Formula/Sodachi Riddle/Sodachi Lost honestly is my favorite part of Monogatari (even despite some key bits of info here and there from the LNs didn't make it into the anime) and I wish more of the series was like it in tone and style.

>getting pissed that your boyfriend SECRETLY lived with another girl makes you a bad person
That seems like a pretty meek reaction to me.
>become homeless
99,99% sure that not true.
>willing to let a depressed, mentally unstable friend
Then why didn't Sodachi talk to Senjougahara? Why didn't they all talk about how to help Sodachi and letting her live with Araragi for a time? You can't abuse somone's trust and act shady and expect them to roll voer and accept it.

Not that user and for the record I think it's a shared blame type deal, people here over-exaggerate Hitagi's part in it imo but
>99,99% sure that not true.
The whole point was that she had nowhere else to go.

>Then why didn't Sodachi talk to Senjougahara? Why didn't they all talk about how to help Sodachi and letting her live with Araragi for a time?
Both Araragi and Sodachi felt that she would've rejected the idea (whether they're right or not is up to the audience to decide I guess), that's the whole reason why they kept it a secret from her in the first place.

>Both Araragi and Sodachi felt that she would've rejected the idea
Well then that's their fault, for thinking that and not bringing it up to her anyway.
>The whole point was that she had nowhere else to go.
Well then that's quite cold and mean of Senjougahara, but it's reaaaaally hypocrytical that people on fucking Yea Forums judge her for that when they would lose their shit and wouldn't care about anyone but themselves if they learned their boyfriend/girlfriend secretly lived with someone else.
Had the roles be reversed and Hitagi lived with some dude then thay would all be going on nonstop about "kek le cuck lmao Araracuck, sorry I sucked his dick tehe~".

Because she did nothing wrong.

It's some masterful multi-arc storytelling and it feels refreshingly unique against the backdrop of the other arcs around it. I don't know if I'm sure any of them is my absolute favorite in terms of individual arcs, but in terms of successive groups of arcs it's definitely at the top.

>Had the roles be reversed and Hitagi lived with some dude then thay would all be going on nonstop about "kek le cuck lmao Araracuck, sorry I sucked his dick tehe~".
people here already do this with Kaiki
which Gahara is also hiding from Araragi
and Araragi knows that Gahara went to Kaiki to help and knows that Gahara fell for him previously but doesn't know the specifics of what happened in Hitagi End

> Hates being called plebbit, likely as a result of being called that so often
> muh marxism
Oh no no no

Attached: neo_pol_reddit_colony.jpg (3000x4200, 3.31M)

>snakefag has shit taste
What a surprise

> entry-level lolicons who will insist they prefer her adult form
Fuck no. I like her child form the best.

>they would lose their shit and wouldn't care about anyone but themselves if they learned their boyfriend/girlfriend secretly lived with someone else
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I would only be upset if I had reason to suspect it was more than just being roommates - of course, knowing Araragi that's not exactly reassuring, but the point is that the living arrangements themselves shouldn't be an issue. Crab should have taken the proactive approach and confronted Araragi about whether anything untoward had happened and, upon confirming that it hadn't tried to find solution that would make her more comfortable for the future - perhaps setting ground rules. Of course, the issue other than her insecurities is the lack of trust - the fact that they had actively kept it secret form her. For that she has every right to be angry. Although I can understand prioritizing allowing Sodachi to stay secretly over risking that chance by informing Crab, it's still ultimately unfair to her and casts suspicion on the whole affair.

In the end my main problem is that regardless of how justified they are she still ends up placing her feelings on a higher level than Math's well being. And I'm not just angry with Crab over this - Araragi also bears the responsibility for letting it happen. This goes back into what I was saying about established importance, but the fact that Araragi, and thus the narrative, chooses Crab over Math here is inherently upsetting. I don't even mean that romantically - just that he should have put his foot down and prioritized Math's life over Crab's comfort. Maybe that's just cold considering how much he ostensibly loves her - after all I'm basically saying he should risk his relationship over this - but that love feels hollow. Between the two his relationship doesn't matter more to me than Math's life - and the story didn't do a good job of selling to me that it matters more to him either.

she's based as fuck for destroying and making that faggot hungrybox cry a few weeks ago

Math is end game, she is going to be together with araragi as a cake in her 30s
Lol

I wholeheartdly agree, it was a complicated situation and everyone made erroneous judgements, what ticks me is people putting it all on Crab like she is the big bad who has no feelings and only care about her little world.
> I don't even mean that romantically - just that he should have put his foot down and prioritized Math's life over Crab's comfort. Maybe that's just cold considering how much he ostensibly loves her - after all I'm basically saying he should risk his relationship over this - but that love feels hollow. Between the two his relationship doesn't matter more to me than Math's life - and the story didn't do a good job of selling to me that it matters more to him either.
That's another issue and I can't see I'm with you on this but I really understand where you coming from, in the end it's all about how well the author sold you the different aspects the characters as you said.

nice memes
also to completely different situations

r/a's mascot duh

God I wish that were true.

Attached: 1553048855772.jpg (820x512, 108K)

>nice memes
People say exactly what I was talking about all the time, that's all my point was

I mean, Gahara thought she was cucking Hanekawa at the time way back in Bakemono
pretty poetic that it swung the way it did with Sodachi (also unfortunate for her but whatever, Sodachi exists to suffer anyway)

>Sodachi exists to suffer anyway
You shut your whore mouth! I'm sure she'll find happiness eventually.

Attached: 1552748796783.jpg (900x1200, 163K)

Only on the actual suicide arc

It'd be a pretty kino end to everything at least

Attached: Sonatine.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

Solo or Sodachi-Koyomi Suicide Pact?

Who says the line?

What line?

the only one in your image

No one, it's just this piece of fanart as far as I'm aware. Or I guess you could say "whoever you want" or "you" in that case. I grabbed this from a thread months ago - I don't even know who the artist is.

In the overall context of the story kiss shot is assured to win anyways. More like a roadblock I would say is a happy detour.

>In the overall context of the story kiss shot is assured to win anyways
Araragi's never going to go full vampire
Shinobu's whole existence as a weird non-vampire causes issues too but admittedly I can't even remember what those issues are, can someone remind me
Technically that needs to get resolved somehow eventually, though Nisio most likely never will so that the series can just continue endlessly (which I'm fine with since personally I prefer the SoL and episodic mystery solving to the larger 'narrative' anyway)
for what it's worth Nisio loves his twist endings so some sort of theoretical ending would probably would not be conventional in the slightest (maybe he really would just go for the double suicide gag, I don't know)

Literally watch the first 3 episodes and you will get your answer.

Why yes, I am a zombiefag, how could you tell?

Attached: 9b7bc80097179ffac4f41230785550d7.jpg (1080x1331, 91K)

>Is crab a virgin?

Attached: 1542398380963.jpg (1920x1080, 80K)

As far as things works with the current relationship between Araragi and kiss shot they will both live forever unless something breaks that dynamic. Yes, he's not full vampire, but he has enough vampire in him to do that as long as kiss shot is alive.

Because Monogatari has a bunch of top-tier girls with very human flaws. And that provides equal amounts of 'My waifu a best' and 'Your waifu a shit' posting. Funny thing is, every girl is best girl.
Except Shinobu. Shinobu is best best girl.

Holy shit user I love you.

I don't care about crab, I only care about Bird
I don't care about Koyomi either, I only care about Bird.

Attached: B715236F-DA79-40D7-8C3B-A22981503468.png (576x1024, 280K)

> they will both live forever
This was never confirmed, the one time it was mentioned it was the character wondering whether it'd be the case or not
I'm not sure if there are different subs that say otherwise or something because people constantly misquote it I've noticed

wtc araragi shirt

But Bird cares about Koyomi. Your move Birdfag.

does she though?
She seems relatively indifferent to his wellbeing, and only ever contacts him for selfish reasons

>typical woman who thinks they have more to offer than they actually do
Sounds pretty accurate to me

>mods removed my mathfag chad
>this one is still up
fucking janitors I swear

Shinobu asked him something along the lines of "How long do you suppose you'll live?" - and then went on to say that she estimates he might have enough to live forever. The thing is people have been wrong about that before,and even if she wasn't the balance in their relationship has shifted in many ways over time. I'd say most likely he'll live an extended life but not an eternal one. He'll live long enough to spend time alone with Shinobu after his human life ends, and long enough to have one hell of a life's story as a supernatural detective, but he will die after an extra few decades.

mods are probably based dollfags

she mainly just wants to chill with him, she spends a lot of time just lazing around the house waiting for him to return
she's more like a cat than the cat we have really

she doesn't wait for him, she primarily waits for Karen to do Justice(read:mischief) and hijack the baths someone else prepared.

She likes spending time with him at the very least. She also enjoys cuddling with him, hugging him, playing with him, etc. I'm pretty sure that would translate into caring about him and his well being.

got nearly raped by a priest, showered with a girl ,and got walked home gently

Attached: rpowwbg.jpg (1875x4103, 835K)

I was mainly referring to what she was doing in Hitagi Rendezvous (I think the anime cut her bit out though, can't remember)

>scratches his eye and tells him it's his own fault
>almost impales him with a crowbar because he didn't get out of bed
>doesn't ask where he's been when he is missing for days but texts him to say Karen is in trouble

Sodachi was the one who fixed the situation, stop falseflagging.

I mean it isn't brought up as often later on (maybe the books mention it more?) but she has a heavily implied electra complex
maybe she's fucking her dad while Koyomi's fucking his sister

>Koyomi's fucking his sister
Never knew what that one came from

I didn't say Crab ordered it, just that she was willing to let it happen. In a later post I clarified that I'm angry at Araragi for the same reason, it's just that for Crab my feelings are already low enough to be pushed ove rthe edge by this.

Also from a narrative perspective it doesn't matter who made the decision or who's right regarding the result - I like Math, thus having her forced out of a role I enjoyed seeing her in is annoying. So whether Crab was in the right or not is irrelevant because in the end she is the impetus for Math being ejected .

>Never knew what that one came from
How? Karen and Koyomi have possibly the most physically intimate relationship in the cast. Even as an anime-only the toothbrush scene - and subsequent "extra innings" - are a huge showcase of their incestuous leanings.

no reason not for it either, but nice gaslighting

This.

Dunno, just thought that something that came out of later novels given the ususal context of the quote.

Right back at ya, virgin boy. I hope you die alone, realizing that shitty red pill terms are the reason why.

Well yeah, it's even more pronounced later on, but it's always been there.

This thread is dead so I'll post some Math.

Attached: 1554771344997.png (1920x1200, 1.9M)

Attached: 1450758737157.jpg (3000x3507, 1.23M)

I love math's OP so much.
Marina is such a goddess.

Attached: 1557861644560.png (1000x1820, 354K)

She's extremely talented. Her performance as Sodachi is stunning and her singing is great too. I like the Blu-ray exclusive OP as well, but Mathemagics is simply top tier. It's one of the best both emotionally and as something to jam out to.

Attached: 1467344943729.png (1080x1500, 489K)

Why do people like Bat so much? There's literally nothing to her character other than punished vampire and donuts.

I don't dislike her but I don't really care about her much either, Kizu was when she was at her most interesting in my opinion but she was practically a different character entirely back then.

She's a bit more than you're suggesting but complexity definitely isn't the main appeal for her character. It simply comes down to her being entertaining and engaging - as well as the fact that a lot of effort is put into endearing her to the audience over time. Her relationship with Araragi is also very compelling.