Death Note

I just fucking finishes watching Death Note, and I'm confused as to why it has such a big following.
Yeah, the first episodes were good, but as soon as L comes in contact with Light at their University, it all starts going downhill. The Yotsuba arc was pretty shit, the way L died was anticlimactic, I don't understand why Rem didn't kill him prior to his attempt to kill Misa, I don't understand why the Shinigami fell in love with Misa, an earnest but rather dumb woman, I don't know why the show dumbed her down and then just treated her as a gag character, I don't know why Near was suddenly this big fucking threat that Light didn't know how to tackle, especially given his age. The whole Wammy House thing was bullshit.
The show is like a 6-7/10

Attached: fags.jpg (1920x1080, 412K)

>Yeah, the first episodes were good, but as soon as L comes in contact with Light at their University, it all starts going downhill.

Attached: 1533346081876.jpg (570x558, 87K)

Nothing was as tenseful as the first episode where neither person knew the other, or where they were located. All of that went nowhere because of: "Hey, I'm L. Let's work together, Kira. Btw, I know you're Kira because no other suspects come to mind, but I'm only 5% sure lmao. I'm so smart."

>especially given his age
Near was the same age as Light at the start of the series

Attached: 0AD3.jpg (1944x4138, 646K)

bump

Where does Yang Wenli and Oberstein fit on this list?
Also what did Johan do? I didn't finish Monster.

LOGH kind of has shitty strategies and Yang sometimes goes against retards but they're pretty intelligent
Just read Monster

>Expecting a newfag whose never watched Death Notes opinion before 2019 to be taken seriously

True, as much as I like the story, it accelerates too quickly at some points. Such as L confronting Light at school, but for me the major misstep was Misa. She spoils the cat & mouse dynamic.

>I'm confused as to why it has such a big following

because everyone that watched anime in the mid 2000s watched it. It's basically a classic now even if it gets worse as it goes

Shit taste, stop commenting on anime because you're not mentally equipped to do so.

I new it existed, I just never watched it because all the fucking Hot Topic scene kids would sperg out over it.
And way to show your mental capacity to argue, you sure convinced me that I'm wrong by not addressing anything I said and whining like faggots.

The first 10 episodes are perfect and better than any other first 10 episodes in any tv show. That is enough to get anyone whose watched it hooked so they feel obligated to finish it even if it turns mediocre. Also, I think it finished strong.

>I just fucking finishes watching Death Note, and I'm confused as to why it has such a big following.

Same reason why Monster, Ergo Proxy, Code Geass and FMA has such big following - people think it's smart

Attached: 1557515885273.png (674x666, 362K)

Are you autistic because when L comes in contact with Light that’s when the show is at it’s strongest. as the battle of wits between Light and L is easily the best part of death note. weak bait

I think the Yotsuba arc is pretty bad but until they get most of the focus for a few episodes I think it's pretty good. Last 3 episodes are kino as well. It's not a masterpiece but the first 10 episodes or so are still one of the best shows

>I don't understand why Rem didn't kill him prior to his attempt to kill Misa
Because, brainlet, L going to meet Light IRL was a power move.
By revealing himself to Light, he became invincible. If Light had Rem kill L so briefly after meeting him, everyone would know it was him.
Eventually though, L and the investigation team found out about the existence of Shinigami, and at that point it didn't really matter anymore. He could just pin it on "those crazy murderous shinigami" which he couldn't do before.

>I don't understand why the Shinigami fell in love with Misa, an earnest but rather dumb woman
There is no reason why Rem couldn't or shouldn't fall in love with Misa. Misa is a young attractive woman.

>I don't know why the show dumbed her down and then just treated her as a gag character
I don't have an answer to this.

>I don't know why Near was suddenly this big fucking threat that Light didn't know how to tackle
It's not Near alone. Near and Mellow combined took down Light. If it was only Near, Light would have won.

>especially given his age
Age doesn't matter that much. L is actually several years older than Light. You probably couldn't tell because they look similar in age. L is a world renowned detective in his twenties with years of experience working with international police, while Light literally just graduated from high school and has done nothing in his life.

The first few episodes of Death Note were the only good thing ever to come out of anime

>Also what did Johan do?
Johan did nothing. Literally nothing happens in Monster after the first few episodes. Tenma just follows Johan from point A to point B and in the end he still doesn't get catch him.

Any one who recommends Monster like this faggot should be killed on sight or at least have a lawsuit filed against him. It should be illegal to waste someone else's time like this.

Here is the retarded manchild who kept spamming hate threads against Monster for weeks.

>bait
Is this how you rationalize all opinions that differ from your own, you benighted cock-sucker? I emphatically disagree; watching the two of them play cat and mouse, fucking with each other from long distances, and trying to out do each other just by predicting how the other will act is far, far more interesting than them speaking with each other and over-analyzing every single word they say like neurotic fucks.
>Because, brainlet, L going to meet Light IRL was a power move.
I know that you stupid faggot, I obviously meant after L confronted Light in person. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to imagine Rem killing L after the Yotsuba faggot begins killing, and Light solving the case being backed by his dad and the rest of the team.
Rem's love for Misa feels unsubstantiated, and kinda forced. I know that Ryuk says something to the effect that all Shinigami are different, but what's the justification for falling in love with Misa? Oh, she's cute? Fuck off.
Light considered Near a much bigger threat than Mello, to the point where his plan only focused on how to bring Near down. Sure, Near mentions that he couldn't have cracked the case without Mello (despite apparently being cognizant of what Mello would do, so that he can catch Kira), but honestly, Mikami's fuck ups seem to be much more incriminating than Mello's wildcard antics.
And there's still so much more shit that feels rushed and confusing. I was about ready for the show to end shortly after Light's dad died; that whole thing with the Kira spokeswoman and Mikami felt rushed as hell.
Why did Light retain his memories as Kira despite his notebook being used by Mikami, and despite Risa disowning her notebook, or pages of the notebook, and despite that other ugly Shinigami taking the one Ryuk stole from him?
Matsuda becoming a fucking quick draw at the end felt forced, just like Aizawa being the one to begin questioning Light's innocence.

And what's worse, neither L or Near ever engaged with any seriousness the philosophical implications of Kira as an arbiter of justice. By the end of the series, the implication seemed to be that the world was objectively better off than it had been prior to Kira's involvement. I get that as detectives it was their jobs to divorce the consequences that occurred due to Kira, but as people, or as literal fucking geniuses, I expected them to have a good philosophical argument as to why Kira was wrong. The closest we to that is something I read off the wiki, a manga quote, where Near says that even if God laid his rules before him, he'd still read and question them, which is a fucking pointless statement to make because that's basically what the fucking series is about; question them all you want, but state your fucking reasons.
Light's character, in hindsight, really falls apart when the whole "God of new world" thing stops being metaphorical and he takes it literally. He would have been a much better villain or anti-hero had he put on a facade in front of his fanatics that he does think of himself as divine, while really just thinking of himself as a man with the opportunity to make the world a better place. His psycho laughs and ranting at the end bring his character down so much. If I'm willing to suspend my disbelief so that 500IQ teenage autists can capture criminal the fucking United States bowed down to, I don't think it's too much to ask for Light to be a more down-to-earth, Machiavellian character.

Attached: implying.jpg (502x461, 135K)