Jeez what a jerk. This guy sure is rude

Jeez what a jerk. This guy sure is rude.

Attached: chocolate man and his dog.png (849x477, 642K)

It was just a prank bro

A character written to be super evil on purpose just so he can catch a beat down, their backstories meant absolutely nothing to the main story whatsoever, just another jobber villain of the week character.

Part 5 is shit.

Has there ever been a Jojo character (or hell, any anime/manga character) whose backstory actually mattered and wasn't just there to provoke certain emotions?

Of course there are, how is this even a question?

Fiction is completely arbitrary and nothing that is ever written or portrayed in a work of fiction couldn't be just as easily changed to something else and still have the same impact or meaning.

Probably Vegeta he was villain at one point

idk, fucking DIO maybe?
never go full retard

What are you even talking about? What does that have to do with the fact that backstories can be well integrated with plot points, world building, themes and meaning behind it all?

Cioccolatta was a doctor, which allows him to do the dissection shit he does to himself near the end of the fight. But I know you're just going to dismiss this as not mattering still. Hell, this user thinks Dio isn't some shitty evil for the sake of evil character too somehow. But Dio is a major character that's in almost all the parts to some degree as opposed to a character that'll only be in a couple of episodes.

This episode. This season is a masterpiece.

Part 5 is flashback: the anime. I swear it was never this bad in the previous parts.

How DARE they try to provide any context for who the characters you're watching are or why you should care about anything they do, am I right?

Pleb = Filtered.

Even the epilogue is a flashback.

>Dio
>evil for the sake of evil with his backstory
I don't know why speedreaders like you bother to post in these threads
you speedread even your own posts

>literally shows up at Jonathon's doorstep wanting to take everything from him for no reason other than that he's a prick
Or are you blaming Dio's actions on Dario being a shitty father? Retroactively giving Dio character in subsequent parts is just as bad as emotionally manipulative backstories. Probably worse actually.

Part 7 has 3x the amount and length of flashbacks.

S

THIS.

Didn’t you already see Episode 10?

Cioccolatta is now a representation of all fictional backstory quality and relevance?

Attached: D6lehfcU0AYoW4G.jpg (1920x1080, 160K)

SBR has:
Johnny, Gyro, Steven Steel, Hot Pants, Diego, Wekapipo, Axl Ro, Valentine

VA has:
Giorno, Bruno, Abbacchio, Narancia, Mista, Fugo, Solido Naso, Assassin team (x2), Diavolo, Polnareff vs Diavolo, Origin of stands, Cioccolato and Secco, Rolling Stones

AND VA IS OVER A THOUSAND PAGES SHORTER

Except it's partly shown to explain their mentalities and abilities that they display during the fights they have.

Cioccolata uses his prior knowledge of the human body to fake his death by using his Stand to stop bleeding whilst he tears his own body to pieces to get an advantage over Giorno for a while.

>the for part 1 is Dio's severe inferiority complex that was partly caused by having to put up with a drunkard of a father who also worked his mother to death
>part 3 wouldn't happen if Dio hadn't overtaken the body of the only man he considered his equal
>part 6 wouldn't happen if Dio didn't trip balls in his coffin and remember his late mother's nursery rhymes that led Pucci to green baby and subsequently Made in Heaven
>all of this has been shown in the respective parts rather than novels and other works so your non-argument falls flat on its face
if you unironically think that Dio is evil for the lulz and could be replaced by another monster of the week then you've been reading a different manga the whole time

you forgot jesus, lucy, ringo and sandman

Sandman's story wasn't really a flashback, it's the first scene in the story.

Why don't you just fuck off to open yet another thread about how all backstories are freudian excuses and therefore bad writing? The adults are talking here.

All the flashbacks in part 5 are pretty brief. Part 7's are longer and some character get multiple flashbacks, Gyro in particular has a fuckton

Ok, I'd rather Gyro get a fleshed out flashback than some literal who. The flashbacks in Part 5 is the equivalent of giving Mrs Robinson, Mountain Tim or Boom Boom Family their own flashbacks. Who cares about Ciaccolato, Fugo, or whatever Rolling Stones was for.

I guess the main issue is that Part 5 has too many characters for its own good.

I liked that DP showed that Chocolate Man chopped up Sorbet. It also makes sense, given the brutal nature of his death. Cioccolata was the only one who could’ve done it. Seeing as he was a doctor, he would have no trouble with chopping someone up into 28 pieces, and he’d be able to make sure he’d suffer throughout the entire ordeal.

*sigh*
I guess everyone is a jobber in jojo...

cause it's fun

part 5 is the best of the first 5 parts

Attached: jojo va 005.jpg (580x833, 122K)

t.either only read the shitty scans back then or just has shit opinion.

Agreed but part 4 comes close

>but he loved his mother

That was funny. Sorbet and Gelato should not have been allowed to live as long as Diavolo let them. He was probably itching to make that call for a while, he just needed a reason. If he was really pissed, he could have had somebody more important killed by the chocolate boogie man.

This.

jojo is really reliant on monster of the week characters, but I think that's based on how araki designs stands. Most of the enemy stands can't really be used for multiple fights without becoming boring.

Try again user, that's not what he meant.

Attached: laughing_oberstein.jpg (376x419, 52K)

But I thought that The Boss didn’t like having to call, Mr. Chocolate.

Yea it actually prevents ppl to go
>MUH ASSPULL

Then what other redeeming characteristic would he have? He was sent to the joestars in order to rob them of their fortune in the first place.

>O MY FROG
>O MY TREE
>O MY STAND
>O MY DREAM
>O MY KOICHI
>O MY BANANA
>O MY POLPO'S TREASURE
>O MY JELLYFISH
>O MY SECOND BOAT
>O MY FISH
>O MY SPLITTING BULLET
>O MY TOILET
>O MY BREATHING DETECTOR
>O MY MIRROR
>O MY SNAKE
>O MY ICE
>O MY TRAIN
>O MY HEALING ABILITIES
>O MY SNAKE AGAIN
>O MY SKATE
>O MY GENTLY WEEPS
>O MY GIORNO
>O MY LIVING BROOCH
>O MY COCO JUMBO
>O MY NEW TONGUE
>O MY NEW STAND
>O MY DOUBLE PERSONALITY
>O MY AEROSMITH
>O MY REQUIEM ARROW

Attached: abbachio MOODY JAZZ.png (789x724, 759K)

Do you even know what an asspull is, shitposter-chan?

O MY GOD

>O MY KOICHI

Attached: 15539837195.png (2048x2048, 976K)

bump

i fucking hate that face. whoever made it should never be allowed to draw again

Attached: 155464567.jpg (349x349, 29K)

stop taking the bait you retard

Still not as bad as Angelo.

Why does he look so feminine sometimes?

>only read the shitty scans back then
What's the "good" scans? Because I can only find absolutely dogshit scans on madokami.

Now I'm reading Stone Ocean and the translators keep using the non existing word "pre-mediated" instead of premeditated. And I ain't even a burger for fuck's sake.

Why are there never good scans of classic manga in English?

Attached: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - c545-553 (v59) [JJCAT & TMNBE]_img000017.png (998x1500, 242K)

The good scans are the Jojo's Colored Adventure scans. Part 5 is available in B&W but part 6 is only in color for the good version.

Part 5 is great, the fuck are you niggers talking about. It has one of the best villains for sure, I'd put Diavolo only behind Kira.

I'm not reading colored manga lol. Just scanlate the real manga already. How is it possible that there still is not a good scan of Jojo in motherfucking 2020? At this point I might as well fucking buy the manga or look for scans in Italian, I'm confident they'll be of much higher quality than this shit for ants.

Attached: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6 - Stone Ocean - c018-027 (v03) [LQ]_StoneOcean v03 c018 p012-01 (1368x1050, 252K)

>I'm not reading colored manga lol
Like I said, part 6 can only really be read in color if you want a decent version. Part 5 was rescanned in B&W and I didn't run into any issues with SBR's B&W version when I read it. If you buy the manga (at least in English) you have to deal with the name changes, and part 6 isn't officially released in English. If you can read Italian I'm sure there are Italian scans or like you said you could buy it.

I don't like it either but I wanted to read the part without trash scans.

But part 5 also had shit scans. And part 4 too. Don't try to make it seem like part 6 having shit scans is the exception.
I just don't get it. There's countless retards willing to translate nipponese comics craving for attention and no one picks up Jojo or many other manga with garbage scans. Like, there isn't even an English release of the manga.

I'm still waiting for the day some holy man rescans and translates Ai-Ren.

>O MY AUTISM

Parts 4 (at least to some extent, looking through the stuff I have there's still some scans that are under 1000 vertical pixels) and 5 (by the color team, for some reason they only bothered releasing part 5 in B&W) were rescanned. Part 3 wasn't rescanned to my knowledge. You only have the color scans (same with part 6). For some reason parts 1 and 2 didn't have trash scans even when I read them years ago though. No idea how that happened.

You just got JOJOKd