OP 5 is actually really good

youtube.com/watch?v=0dK7JgKivQM

It took me a while to enjoy this OP. When I first heard it I thought it was shit, but I love it now. When you watch it with the lyrics, it works a lot more. The way it uses lyrics from all the previous OPs timed with visuals as well as it framing this arc as a last-ditch battle is just pure kino. I think I was distracted from all the slo-mo in the visuals.

Redoing the iconic "Sied iher das Essen" but using the "On that day humanity received a grim reminder" instead is genius

Attached: Shingeki no Kyojin - OP5 - Large 05.jpg (1280x720, 176K)

Song is god-tier, it uses leitmotifs of previous OPs while still being its own composition, which conveys the nature of this being the ending of the story (well, not really, but this part at least)
The animation is meh though, only the last third is actually good - and you can see how stingy they were with its budget (LMAO that CGI CT, even S2's model looked better if they couldn't be assed to draw it in those few frames)

>The animation is meh though
I would argue that while that's true, it's supposed to be in slow and little to build hype for the upcoming arc. Just little teases and the like before exploding in the last third as you say.

>yumiya line as Op1 animation goes
>Tsubasa line as op2 animation goes
>Shinzou line as op3 animation goes
>Requiem line as op4 animation goes

Kino

Attached: 1557021851397.png (420x448, 296K)

Actually technically it's
>Requiem line as ED 4 animation goes
I'm assuming since Linked Horizon didn't do OP 4

Mistyped you are correct

good thing because op 4 was shit

All other OPs are better.
Is the song at least good? Who knows, full version when?

I think OP 4 was a good song on it's own but it just wasn't really the best song for the show, even if the arc was slower than the other ones.

I liked it the first time I watched it. I don’t get why people complained so much about it.

It's shit

I also start to like it

It's shit, forced, and too fast, worst op

That's fair but still don't like it

Red Swan > Tsubasa >Sasageyo > Yumiya > op5

Attached: 1557123676603.jpg (291x291, 17K)

>Red Swan first
Come on son

Mostly because it reuses stuff from the previous OPs/EDs and then there's the couple seconds of ridiculously bad CG. Still, RtS has a lot parallels and callbacks to the previous arcs, especially Trost, so I guess the part about reusing stuff fits in that way.

OP 2 > OP 3 > OP 5 > OP 1 > OP 4

>it's bad because it's not hype

Attached: 1556636150610.gif (384x372, 2.48M)

dude only has one song (half a song)

Other half is a Frankenstein mix of 4 other songs

I don't think it's bad, I just don't put it first

The parts where they reuse stuff in the last part of the song is supposed to be mimicking shots in the previous OPs when those lyrics come up. Admittedly, it's still pretty cheap but it is cool