I don't like One Piece. There, I said it

I don't like One Piece. There, I said it.

Attached: 3017667-sample_9f7c2c725527e0f2c4a915a901d4d6a8.png (584x640, 433K)

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-04-03/one-piece-tops-list-of-manga-fans-dropped-due-to-length/.114096
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no one cares

Well, you must be around 12yo to actually like it. Normally.

honestly I was a huge fan of the show, but god his "bouncy" form really just ruined the show for me. 2nd gear was bad ass when it came in and I was super hyped when haki was introduced. All to just make this nigga look like a fucking idiot with tribal tattoo haki who fucking joots around making fart noises is supposed to be my luffy!?

Wish Mingo ended that niggas life after making that retarded form that didn't even fucking work all that good.

Chopper has and will always be a trash character, fucking crybaby useless ass kung fu fucking racoon isn't even funny.

I can understand niggers and spics loving dbz because they can relate to it irl because all they do is yell and fight irl as for hxh they like to pretend to be intellectuals.as for bnha it's a shitshow with the only redeeming quality being the art.nobody fucking cares about. BC is irrelevant. But the only thing I genuinely don't understand is one piece fans what do they find so good in that series. The story keeps repeating itself every arc. The mangaka gets lazier by the day and can't draw for shit.the main characters are one dimensional and unlikable.really what's the appeal of this series. Any other shounen has what wan piss has but better.

It happens.

>the story keeps repeating itself every arc
This has been a lie for a literal decade.

>no one cares
>literally posting on something that he doesn't care
the absolute state of the pissfag

user I can feel your high blood pressure from over here, calm down, this shit isn't worth a heart attack.

>our """special""" captain has to rescue/impress damsel in distress or liberate city governed by tyrant(s).so we have to put up with his shit
Whatever gives you piece of mind bro.

It helps no one to be reductive.
Least of all yourself, seeing how you struggle to comprehend a simple concept.

So you don't actually read/watch it, got it.
These arcs don't follow your formula:
>Sabaody
>Impel Down
>Jaya
>Marineford
>Zou
>Whole Cake Island
>Reverie

That's perfectly fine and you're entitled to your opinion....faggot

Attached: akhtchually.jpg (125x125, 3K)

OP here, exactly right, the arcs are repetitious and the characters seemingly have only 1 personality trait.

>had to ignore this post:

What do you think about the world building at large? Honest question.

"Seemingly" saved you, but one example of a multi-dimensional character is Bellamy. Starts out mocking and a douchebag, but ends up dropping the mocking trait after encountering Luffy and begins becoming more empathetic.

personally i don't like worldbuilding, i need people being punched to be interested

>Whole cake
Let's save sanji
>marineford
Let's save ace
>cp9 arc
Let's save robin
>they save fishmenisland just to save crossroad after that
Here is a basic idea that keeps repeating itself every arc now hopefully you will stfu.
>inb4 "u got the arc names wronghurr durr u dont wqtch the show"
I don't fucking cares I lost interest halfway this "One big snorefest"

Attached: Lookatthisdude.png (400x400, 234K)

Dressrosa*

>Let's save Ace
And look what happened there.

The arcs you listed (except Marineford) follow the formula, however you pretended like the ones that contradict you don't exist. And WCI subverts the formula in other ways. No need for me to stfu just so that you can have your way.

>Look what happened there
And ? What I'm supposed to look at ? The huge twist of aces death that u are trying to push here doesnt refute my argument.it still stands
>however you pretended like the ones that contradict you don't exist
Bro I could probably give u a ton more examples. Just on top of my head Arlong arc being one on top of my head(saving nami) Arabasta(defeating crocodile) its a huge show and I'm not a fan and I can't be bothered because I lost interest after Rob lucci fight .matter of fact it's u who needs to name the few unique arcs that don't follow thisnformula to make your shit and pathetic show look appealing

Attached: b992273c10d754b003a67249f5deae4f.png (500x736, 218K)

>It still stands
Generally a rescue arc is supposed to end with the person being rescued. You're allowed to your opinion about the series man, just don't think it's fact.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-16-03-55-44-1.png (720x1025, 322K)

It's cool that OP's rating's only been raising after we got done with the first 3 boring post-timeskip arcs.

user please reply to my post Thank you.

actually I'm laughing my ass off

>Arlong Park is about saving Nami
Did you even read that arc? Why are you so reductive?

Don't try to go damage control mode on me now.the idea for rescuing him was there his death as a huge "oh noes what a twist" doesn't make it any more special.and just posting high rating on mal doesnt make your show good it only means that it catered to a lot of people that refuse to believe their show is flawed in any shape or form

Congratulations.

Attached: e26.jpg (500x628, 102K)

Why is a formula a bad thing? Isn't execution much more important than premise? Also, what are your thoughts on the world building?

But we do believe it's flawed. Most fans will criticize FI, PH, Dressrosa and Davy Back. The death of the protagonist's brother leading to a 2 year timeskip and the protagonist legitimately questioning his endgame goal does indeed set it apart. And the way you type is not doing you any favors, this is an 18+ website.

Im not reductive u fucking turd .stop lying she litteraly asks luffy for help so he proceeds to beat arlong and zoro beats his henchmen bla bla bla

Yeah, but that is not what the arc is about. Nami asking for help in her most dire hour is just an aspect of the arc. Remember that the arc started with the crew entering the village because Nami betrayed them and stole their boat. A considerable chunk of the arc is Nami's backstory, for example, which is different from Chopper's or Sanji's backstory - all stories of conviction, of course, but still very much different stories.

And that is why you are reductive. You break an arc down to the bare minimum of its content, and then pretend that this single aspect of it is representative of how the arc palys out. Again, you are ignoring that execution is much more important than premise, and just look for similarities for the sake of pattern recognition. Seeing a pattern, however, is not criticism. It is just stating a fact.

Also, why do you keep ignoring the question about world building?

what do you think he's going to say about the worldbuilding lol. look at his agenda. it's not hard to imagine what he'll say.

The setting and theme remains the same for each arc, there really is no "world-building" unless you consider painting a turd a different color contrasting from the other turds. I have no idea why people fixate on pretentious writing contrivances anyway.

Lol you mean "two" personality traits? Wow, Oda is a freaking genius, now.

This is a complete lie though, Marie Geoise being explored with no involvement from the main characters is literally worldbuilding.

timeskip was a mistake

Those are just the ones I mentioned for that one character. He's also loyal and stubborn to a fault. If you need a more complex character, there's Kuma.

Was indeed. Thank god it corrected itself from Zou on.

Congrutalions

>setting remains the same for each arc
?????

Yeah, but that theme continues with Robin doing the same thing during her little arc, and Luffy coming to save the day. It's just so predictable and repetitious.

Just gaging if he actually reads the manga.

Ah, apparently he doesn't.
>there really is no "world-building"
How are the ancient weapons, the 22 kingdoms, the ancient kingdom, the void century, Elbaf, Joyboy, Reverie, CP-0, and all that other stuff that is not directly relevant to the Strawhats not world building?

THIS. Then Sabaody happened.

And how does your buzzword make that an entertaining and non repetitive experience?

...what kingdom is being saved during that?
What damsel in distress is there?

>theme
What theme? What do you think is the theme here? What do you even think a theme is?
And why do you keep ignoring execution for premise? Why are you so reductive? Do you really see no difference between Enies Lobby and Arlong Park?

Reductive or not As I said I'm not a fan of the series .but the premise doesn't matter namis backstory doesnt matter at ALL if it all boils down to the one single conclusion that in the end that you must help damsel in distress and defeat the big bad villain and that is cool for what it is matter of fact I think that's what gripped many people in.but this is what ticks me off you wanpiss fags try to make your shit kiddy show way more interesting than it really is .

What is repetitive about Mariejois?

Yeah and all that shit that dont matter after they move to the next arc. Fuck off

It's way more interesting than your reductionism, yes. Otherwise the threads wouldn't reach 500+ replies every time. We barely discuss people or kingdoms being rescued in our main threads.

At least try dude. You need to bow out at this point, you're just going to get destroyed if you haven't read the series.

Because each island feels exactly the same with the inhabitants being oppressed or something, and needing Luffy to come save the day. How generic is that? I mean, if you're using the term "world building" as just visiting different places, there's a zillion different stories out there from all sorts of different mediums that have just that. But how does that make it good and entertaining? Certainly not recycling the same damn formula for each arc.

That's fine. You don't have to like One Piece. I personally don't like Boku no Hero. But it's still a big series anyway. People are free to like whatever they want.

Good on you. I'm not out for people telling them not to have fun. I'm just saying that you are simply delusional

>but the premise doesn't matter namis backstory doesnt matter at ALL
What? Why? Because the climax is similar? Are you just reading stories for the conclusion? Manga are entertainment, not riddles to be figured out. Do you also not listen to music because you already know how it ends?

>but this is what ticks me off you wanpiss fags try to make your shit kiddy show way more interesting than it really is .
But I never even said any of this is interesting. As a matter of fact, I don't really like Arlong Park all that much. I was just trying to explain to you that not everyone is reading One Piece for the premise, but rather for the execution. You seem to have a rather narrow viewpoint on narrative media as a whole, and it would probably be to your own benefit to try and widen that a bit. If you dislike One Piece that is totally fine. But don't take it for something that it isn't trying to be, and then complain about that.

Whole Cake Island had 0 oppressed inhabitants, neither did Zou. All are quite comfy and happy there.

I'm not delusional, and neither are you. Have a nice day.

Execution? You mean the uninteresting, predictable fights and ending buffet scene? Great execution, definitely not formulaic.

>random chapter review on youtube gets 100k views in under a day.
>BC is irrelevant
Pick one

Attached: 1557751064672.png (226x214, 66K)

Sabaody's fight scene sure was predictable. I loved the feast at the end of that arc.

>if you're using the term "world building" as just visiting different places
That's not what I use the term world building as. I mean world building as painting a big coherent and interesting world that isn't just there for the sake of the protagonists. As I listed above, there are tons of aspects of the One Piece world that the protagonists have never even interacted with, that people are still excited about. The world feels like a believable place that actually moves and acts and does stuff behind the scenes. Even when we aren't looking, things are constantly moving forward everywhere, and when the camera swings left of the island we are currently on, we usually get a big reveal that no one saw coming. Why do you think so many people were excited for the Reverie arc? That's what good world building is, and I struggle to come up with a manga that does a better job at that.

>Manga are entertainment, not riddles to be figured out.
What a dumb thing to say. It's you who needs to broaden his horizons buddy. Mystery and keeping you guessing is one of many strong points of any good manga/anime /story
>Do you also not listen to music because you already know how it ends?
No but if I keep listening to the same track over and over again I sure as he'll get bored of it

Somebody should make a list of the repetitive formula Oda does for each arc. The Wan Pissers are grasping at straws when their only excuse is, "sometimes that doesn't happen".

I never said it isn't formulaic. I precisely said that a formula is not the be-all-end-all of a work of fiction. Or do you refuse to read any literature after having heard of Joseph Campbell? Do you think that Superman and Star Wars are the same story because Luke and Superman both wack a bad guy at the end?

Reverie's not done by the way, fellow OPchad. Oda confirmed we're going back this year. Our worldbuilding twistdropping arc is coming back.

k

Attached: smell this.jpg (425x407, 14K)

We're quite aware there's a formula. Luckily it isn't always followed.

>Mystery and keeping you guessing is one of many strong points of any good manga/anime /story
Then I don't get why you are so apathetic towards One Piece' world building, to the point you don't even recognize it is there?

Based. They need to name the few cases where it doesn't happen rather than the opposite

Attached: 1557393173064.gif (332x215, 1.99M)

Dude, all the inhabitants act the same, as oppressed peasants or something who need Luffy's help. That's nothing like how you're describing. I've seen more interesting, fictional characters without them even leaving their house.

I don't know if you realized but you just helped us out bigtime with your post. OP's a giant riddle, the other user wasn't thinking broad enough. What One Piece is, what/where Raftel is, the events of the Void Century, Vegapunk, Uranus, the Gorosei, etc. all have to be figured out.

A burger place is allowed to have mostly burgers. I expect the salads at a burger joint to be the exception, not the norm.
>food analogy

>Mystery and keeping you guessing is one of many strong points of any good manga/anime /story
Why are you using manga/anime and "story" as a synonyme? Grappler Baki sure as hell isn't a good story, but it is a fantastic manga. That's what I meant when I said you need widen your viewpoint a bit. Not all works of fiction have the same endgoal.

see

>baki
>good manga
Good one user

see

Okay, what are your thoughts on the abolishment of the shichibukai system? What do you think ouranos will turn out to be? Do you think all blue is real?

All of these are world building questions. None of these have anything to do with Luffy punching someone or peasants being oppressed.

>best selling manga
>thinking some literal who disliking it will have even a remote effect

Attached: tenor.gif (498x294, 1.88M)

You only misdirected because you can't debate it. My point still remains untouched. When there are arcs that deviate and you say "all arcs are the same!", we're going to naturally point out when you're lying.

>muh world building.
What world building nigger. What I mean is by mystery and keeping you guessing are the actions of characters that move the story forward. If the conclusion/climax is already set in stone why bother ?

>if i can't debate their point, i'll just say they're grasping at straws!

If the characters are one dimensional on top of the repetitive storyline, why should one care about those extra things? It's just like my earlier post about how stories from all mediums have the gimmick you're trying to promote, but how does that make it interesting?

K. Tell us the conclusion of One Piece. You specifically. What leads to One Piece being found, what is One Piece, what happens after?

>If the conclusion/climax is already set in stone why bother ?
Because the way there is fun and exciting.

>what world building
What are your thoughts on the abolishment of the shichibukai system?

The conclusion is literally not set in stone because nobody knows what the fuck One Piece is or how it will affect the world.

>one dimensional
Aokiji, Sengoku, Kuma aren't, and that's just a few.

Debate that Oda 1 out of 30 times will modify his formula slightly by changing the island setting?

>those extra things
Those aren't extra things, man. Those are THE things.

Also, you are being reductive again. You reduce a storyline to its conclusion.

Since 2010 it's been 50% of the time. And not just the island setting, he'll change up whether the Big Bad is defeated, whether there even is a villain, etc.

Luffy will beat the big bad guy, happy ending, and then some feast scene, just like every other arc. I think we can guarantee Oda isn't going to pull some End of Evangelion finale.

Stop misdirecting.the conclusion I meant that in every encounter luffy will kill the big boss and zoro will kill the 2nd in command and each nakama will kill a general. Rince and repeat. As for the one piece, really ?, does anybody fucking cares at this point.

That's actually the ending that's guaranteed, if Oda lives long enough. The EoE one.

Based

Attached: Kazukek.jpg (349x349, 59K)

Get real, we know it's going to be just like the ending to every other arc.

Yes, the hero in a hero's journey tends to win.
However, multiple times it has been not because of luffy but because of others.
He has also lost.
When you have a main character face conflict and the show aims to continue, they will often win said conflict.
I don't know what you fucking want if you can't look past "does guy win?"

>every arc has a happy feast scene
You've been told what arcs don't, so saying "every arc" will get you contradicted repeatedly.

>does anybody fucking cares at this point.
Yes.

Also, when was the last time Zoro killed "the 2nd in command"? Wasn't that in Alabasta?

>does anybody fucking cares at this point
Do you even read this series or you just retarded?
>luffy will kill the big boss
So you don't, he's specifically anti killing. So THESE are the people criticizing One Piece, I didn't expect anything much honestly.

Attached: 1547775025910.gif (294x238, 3.01M)

Think you goofed there bud. Check your middle quote again.

If only Oda wasn't such a formulated brainlet to pull something like that.

I didn't know someone could be so unwoke. You have no idea.

Zoro vs Vergo is my favorite One Piece fight

I'm sorry you can't understand sarcasm.

I love how defensive and they get.they cant accept their show being bad and oda is making shit up ont the fly as he goes.they go to these lengths just to prove that their show isn't for literal children. It's really cute

Attached: 1557858214668.png (192x193, 25K)

Ahahahaha.

Attached: 0764-016.jpg (760x1200, 227K)

>EVERY arc is SAME!!! look!! x happens here!
>But user, x didn't happen here, here and also here. Directly contradicting "every arc", unless you don't speak basic English.
>S-Shut up!!
Yawn. Anti One Piece babies crying again? One Piece keeps maintaining the #1 best selling position and you all keep crying. It's embarrassing you know? Stop already.

Attached: 1528901014365.jpg (1280x960, 219K)

>it's a "Strawhats go to some Island where some Evil Pirate/Marine is oppressing normies, some underling of the evil pirate picks a fight with a Strawhat for no reason and gets beaten, this makes the Evil Pirate/Marine go after the Strawhats and showcase his powers beating them easily but letting them run away, then Luffy talks with some rebel that tells him a story so sad that Luffy makes some retarded crying face, then Luffy comes up with a plan to beat the Evil Pirate/Marine and every Strawhat finds some underling to fight, eventually the Strawhats beat the bad guys so bad they run away, but don't kill anybody because the bad guys will totally not just return later and murder everyone who helped the Strawhats once the Strawhats are away" Arc

Attached: 1498695785760.png (400x400, 166K)

Who in this thread said One Piece isn't for children? It's a shounen manga, man.

>92 vols
>22 years
Don't be so mean.

It'd be some long wielded struggle arc, just like before the time skip, with many fights. But the result is predictable.

>show
>oda making shit up
He makes some minor things up sure, but he's had the major stuff mapped out for a long time. There's no need for us to accept your opinion of it being bad when it's highly critically acclaimed.

>I like this thing
NO ITS BAD HERES WHY
>I disagree heres why
HAHA YOU'RE SOOOO FUCKING DEFENSE WOW, JUST ACCEPT ITS BAD
>I like it though

Whom is she quoting?
Also, what's with you trying to force a divide between HxH and One Piece? Most people enjoy both.

The result of most arcs in any series are predictable. What matters is how you get there.

>then luffy comes up with a plan
>luffy
>coming up with a fucking plan
>one of the few things he's bad at
You just know they don't even read One Piece when they come up with this. Hunter babies, your baits are getting weaker.
How about just posting that copypasta with Reddit spacing and replying based to yourself? Sounds like a better plan.

Attached: 1557626380242.png (528x606, 391K)

Can somebody count the amount times this happens? I swear it occurs 75% or more of the series. And yes, Wan Pissers, I know Oda sometimes he'll modify it, but only very slightly.

>very slightly
Wrongo.

This is pretty much what happens in every single arc in One Piece:

now we're gonna explore island
now we're gonna eat muchies, play dumby while nami says mony zoro says swordy and sleepy sanji says cute grilly chopper be obnoxious reindeer epicstyle the other nakama are fodder
oopsie now we in danger cause luffy is goody got us in danger very funzies
now ecah one separates in groupsies, do a lot of milking until comes the villains and fight each of the nakama.
now it's time for punchies luffy getting angry dont say mean things about nakama no i'm gonna be pirate king *fast forward some nakams having an outburst of tears here and there cheap emotion for the viewer meanies being very badsies those crazy sick evill villains now more milking
now it's time for punching harder and transformation there's not much to go strategically speaking you see oda very dumby no know how to make it interesting so now for the nakamas and for piracy i'll punch you biggest biggie hardy that i ever punched sombedy
YAAAAAAY we saved island have food and festivities some silly moment where luffy shows he's goofy yet has a big heart and the newly introduced nakama says "hahahaha you guys are so fun there's not a dull moment when luffy-kun is around" can't wait for next adventure that's gonna start next week

Attached: 8c31cddb63d304a231c78821dce758a3b5dd17eb_hq.jpg (1019x750, 171K)

Fucking based

Attached: faceapp-Tekken-Kazuya-Mishima.jpg (480x480, 124K)

This is funny but mostly innaccurate. Did you only get to Baratie?

there's like only one or two arcs that completely apply to that post there, what are you even on about?

People who read OP are mentally undeveloped, so its impossible for them to enjoy HxH.

>12:28:29
>12:29:31
It does make one think.

>There's no need for us to accept your opinion of it being bad when it's highly critically acclaimed.

Attached: tumblr_okotbqBmxK1vijdn6o5_250.jpg (250x250, 15K)

And it still sells the most, while maintaining it's reputation, the record and the continuous publishes. You disliking it changes nothing.

What are you gonna do about it? Cry? Or reply "based" or "top kek" to upvote yourself? It's getting unoriginal you know.

Attached: isekai_aqua_half_closed_eyes.jpg (925x1079, 134K)

name 1 (one) arc where this happens

>It's getting unoriginal you know.
Like how oda makes his arcs

Attached: J74m4ak_d.jpg (640x640, 28K)

HxH is easy to understand. Enjoying the combo of OP, HxH, Jojo, and Berserk has been a longstanding tradition on Yea Forums. It's okay to not like them, but it's like not enjoying Loveless or something, it does need a good explanation.

Its basically what happens in every arc of Wan Piss:
>SH come to island
>get separated whether consciously or unconsciously
>come across the special qualities of the island whether it's the culture or the surroundings
>find through that arc's specific characters about the big bad and the operation he's running
>crew comes back together after gathering intel and preparing in their own ways
>fight starts after an unavoidable situation where the villain strikes first happens
>Chekov's gun starts to rear its ugly head giving the SH and their friends a time limit (Noah, Smiley, Birdcage, Big Mom)
>Luffy and co defeat the boss of that arc (or in WCI's case, strongest miniboss)
>when departing, there's "foreshadowing" of Luffy pissing off another regional power in the next sea

Attached: 1529883748293.jpg (271x275, 14K)

OP keeps dropping sales. Its the only manga in Jump that keeps losing so much readership:
>One Piece - 5,969,851 ---> 3,110,049
>Haikyu!! - 3,086,097 ---> 2,523,071
>My Hero Academia - 2,097,088 ---> 2,516,768
>Black Clover - 790,032 ---> 2,033,277

>basically what happens in every arc
Then why don't you name at least one arc where it follows your copypasta?

This is a much better one. You still made the mistake of saying "every" though. And your post is still proven wrong as early as Zou.

It doesn't matter much when no manga can ever approach its total sales.

OP used to get sagebombed with "set fail for wan piss" because its generic shounenshit.

You know, some stuff is just fun. And there's nothing wrong with that. If your taste is so much better, what do you think is a good manga?

But it sells the most though? Is that supposed to contradict me?
>keeps dropping sales
Sorry sweetie, but you're wrong. It gained Post WCI Volume. And it dropped like this prior to MF too.

HxH

I've been around for a decade, that was pretty rare, and was the same culprits doing it today. Yea Forums had a One Piece banner as one of its main ones and still has it.

I'm too lazy to count them all, but I know most of the series its just islands or places with an oppressive dictatorship that Luffy comes to save. I know you Wan Pissers are super picky about how people describe in long detail these arcs that may slightly variate, but the theme and setting always remain the same, that's the problem. It's all a formula.

>just fun
Like MHA. If OP was just mindless fun I would've dropped it long ago.

>V.83: 2,435,076
>V.88: 2,137,419
>V.92: 1,776,868
It keeps dropping. What makes you think it will stop? Specially with how boring Wano is.

>setting
You're using this word wrong. Maybe you mean inhabitants?

>keep watching one piece just to see how it ends
>it never ends
Kill me.

>im too lazy to count them all
If you're too lazy to back your argument, then I suppose we can just conclude this off with you being a incompetent shitposter. Come up witu better excuses.
Why did you ignore 91 and 90? Too scared to prove yourself wrong?

>watching
Don't do that. Read the manga.

The majority of the arcs have the same structure where Luffy goes to a new town or island, beats up the local villain and moves on. A couple of arcs did this differently and were the better ones but it just wasn't enough, repetitive stop-starts kept killing momentum before it could build up. It's been the same repetitive formula ever since, except Zou.

What went wrong?

Attached: 156245846854.png (1345x550, 74K)

I had a feeling you were just an edgelord. Never mind.

True. I don't really have any more arguments to add to contrarian, spiteful anons though. Though its clear at this point with the dodging and reaction images that it's mostly trolling.

Marineford had hella hype, Onigashima's where the hype's at and what everyone wanted Wano to be. Volume sales will undoubtedly pick up there. To compare to another OP arc, we're still exploring the desert in Alabasta if you compare to where we are in Wano. Only in the latest chapter did things pick up.

>What makes you think it will stop?
>It keeps dropping
Volume 90 stopped this.
Pretty sure most are because of the bad pages in the manga. The pages were badly inserted, making half the page appear inside the binding or something.

Just the whole situation in general. Evil dictator, oppressed people and The Strawhats saving the day.

That's the one where he made that offensive comment to Japs about that veteran. That volume's one of the best in ages.

Its a down trend ever since Marineford.
>V.91: 2,051,518
>V.90: 1,950,386
OP is losing 2M to 3M yearly sales ever since.

Um. I don't think you wanted to post that, since those numbers are an upward trend.

The Japs don't like Wano, they are all dropping Wan Piss:
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-04-03/one-piece-tops-list-of-manga-fans-dropped-due-to-length/.114096

>Pretty sure most are because of the bad pages in the manga.
>most
only one or two

>if I put 91 above 90 it'll look like it's going down!!!
What a fucking retard KEK

That article was written before Wano started.

Me either, yet I keep up with it.

Arlong Park, Alabasta, Skypiea, Thriller Bark, Fishman Island. There's more, but those are just off the top of my head.

This gets a big shrug from me. One of the biggest reasons people don't get into OP is because it's hella long.

Don't get me wrong I'm not swinging my dick here.its just one piece faggots think that oda planned all this shit when it's just them being delusional.i dont remember much but on top of my head my last 3 memorable good reads are
ad Astra(this one especially),Alice in borderland,holyland

Attached: KazuyaMishima.png (652x1224, 488K)

>proves himself wrong
>doesn't know 91 comes after 90
OH NO NO NO NO HUNTER BABIES

This isn't groundbreaking info, that OP had similar arcs (like most shounen) has been known for ages.

>That's the one where he made that offensive comment to Japs about that veteran.
cant find this in the negative reviews
>That volume's one of the best in ages.
uh...

Not really since it barely sells 2M now, when just 10 volumes ago it was:
>V.85: 2,400,524
>V.84: 2,393,553
>V.83: 2,435,076
They clearly surpassed the 2M.
And before that it was:
vol 63: 3,073,175
vol 64: 3,069,252
vol 65: 3,336,992

One Piece keeps dropping sales.

Great deflection.

Oda planned one of the current plots about 300 chapters ago and there's undeniable proof for it. It involves Kin'emon. His desks has arcs ahead of where we're at (when the photo was taken).

It includes 921-925, and 929 & 930. All were highly praised when they happened.

We've been over this ad nauseum for many years, I'm curious what you think you're bringing to the table.

The thread until it 404's:
>all arcs in op are the same!
>except these
>you're just DEFENDING
>muh sales drop
>OP's still top-selling overall anyway

funny that Japs dont like japland arc

>All were highly praised when they happened.
look at this thread, you defensive fanboys would eat angthing that Oda sensei shit out

>Arlong Park
Arlong Pirates were caught and didn't rin away. Luffy didn't listen to any story, he specifically turned it down. Luffy didn't cry. Strawhats engaged all of them at the same time. You're wrong here.
>Alabasta
Again, Crocodile didn't run away. Neither did his goons. Luffy never cried here as well if I recall. And Crocodile was praised here when the SH went here. Wrong.
>Thriller Bark
Literally no civilian population here. It's a pirate ship. It's a Pirate crew. Moria wasn't oppressing anyone on the ship, brainlet. He's the captain. This removes your "rebel flashback, etc".Wrong here too. Every Strawhat didn't find some underling to fight either.
>Fishman Island
The kingdom was prospering with Neptune's rule. He's the good guy, he isn't oppressing anyone, what? Disregards the rebel flashback bit, Luffy doesn't cry here.

And the biggest thing, Luffy doesn't make plans you moron. He goes along without much thinking. He literally doesn't think.

Im starting to think you're an actual brainlet who skips through arcs and calls them all the same.

maybe he should plan the end plot too of these days

Not true. Most fans have been bored since then. Only on 942 did things pick up again. Those were just great chapters, the fandom went nuts on them. Compare to say 934 where people just snoozed.

That's the one he's had planned the longest, if you pay attention.

Why are you deflecting? It doesn't change the fact the continuous drop came to a halt and disproved you at volume 90. It gained sales at 90, contradictory to "keeps dropping".

I disagree with some people here. OP is long but it's not boring to really watch it. There's also a lot of twists that you wanna discover yourself once Oda has decided to get into that time. I've seen PC OP games and they look fun. Another thing, the worlds biggest media and entertainment brands are getting into crypto and Ecomi being one of them which has one of the Pokemon founders in. I wish they can have Zoro as one of their collectibles tho!

One Piece is the greatest manga in the history.

This. More definitively so when Onigashima's done.

Considering the massive amount of sales and that guinness record, this is probably the truth.

Its not coming to an halt, retard.

One Piece sales per year:
>2010
>2011

>2017
>2018

OP lost 30M, that's the biggest drop in manga history.

That doesn't make it "great". It means it caters to the most amount of people.

I never said "runs away", just defeats the main villain and stops them from ruling over the helpless entities of whoever occupies the area. I never said he made plans, you like to argue with someone else and project it onto me. You also reminded me, each character has some long contrived "sad" backstory.

That's back when OP's length was still somewhat reasonable. The biggest barrier now is latecomers have a giant mountain of chapters to climb. And again, the volumes have a very high chance of increasing again when the war against Kaido starts.

Avengers Endgamae is the second most selling movie of all time. Does that mean anything? In a few months it will be forgotten. The same thing will happen to Wan Piss, because it didn't bring anything new on the table.

OP will not get new readers. We both agree on that. It can only rely on the fandom, and as showed by the sales and the poll, a lot of fans are starting to drop it, that's why the sales are going down and OP can barely sell 2M now.

Not true. OP's like the first 3 Star Wars during the 70's in Japan. There are entire museums and amusement parks of OP there.

>it's not coming to an halt, retard
Do they not teach you past tense english in spic land? Came to an halt means it did once. In other words, your "constantly dropping" statement was turned down since volume 90.
>biggest drop in manga history
Biggest seller has big drops. Though small sale fags like you won't understand. Keep seething though, it'll keep being the best seller and you'll keep crying about it.

Oh it does get new readers, many are just too intimidated by the length. And I agree, the sales won't go up 'til Kaido's fought.

>you like to argue with someone else
>"i never said"
Are you fucking retarded or do you not understand what "completely apply to THAT post" means? Jesus Christ what a fucking moron I'm arguing with.

OP is irrelevant when compared to real big IPs like Dragon Ball and Gundam

Attached: 1528043063091.png (931x401, 64K)

holy shit, is one piece actually going to get axed?

i picked it up last month so you're pretty much wrong.

Do you think "new readers" buy the volume rather than pirating? Kek.

>irrelevant
Not in the land of manga, Japan.

>it'll keep being the best seller
Wrong as proven by the fact that its always in the 3rd or 4th position when it comes to digital sales.

Attached: 1556200648181.jpg (640x296, 50K)

It didn't influence a single manga during its 20 years of run. That's how garbage and generic it is.

It's total manga sales will still never be beaten, talk to us when that happens. Sales is the wrong road to go down when trying to raid against OP.

Yeah, I realize you're grasping at straws and don't want to make Wan Piss seem unoriginal, boring and repetitive.

Except Toriko, HxH, and MHA.

tick tock wan piss fags

How am I grasping at straws when I specifically proved each and every single point of yours wrong?

And you're just literally repeating yourself.

>digital sales
cute how this retard doesn't know overall sales is what matters

Basically this, I'm out.

Hopefully from life faggot bitch

>being this angry about pirates

>being this mad one piece is the best selling manga
lmao literally seething

>total manga sales
Irrelevant. Bleach had 150M in total sales and it still got axed. What matters are the yearly sales and OP started from 30M and dropped to a pitiful 8M

>irrelevant
Yeah, manga sales are truly irrelevant when it comes to a manga and a manga industrial company. Are you retarded?

I'm saying total manga sales are irrelevant if OP keeps dropping sales and readership for each volume. Jump is already looking for a replacement for that reason, because OP is doomed to keep losing sales unless Oda does something drastic.

It still remains the best seller of jump. Regardless of how much it has dropped. So there's other series to "axe" other than One Piece. Only a retard would axe his best employee with no downsides.
>OP is doomed to keep losing sales unless Oda does something drastic
I don't expect a non reading shitposter to understand, but the entirety of timeskip has been building up to the Wano War. Which is gonna happen soon.

And jump makes money from One Piece other than the volume sales, moron. Including magazine, databooks, figures, games, etc. But really, since it'll just disprove your own argument. I assume you'll be too scared to look at that information.

Reminder that between 2011 and 2018, One Piece has lost 29,000,000 yearly sales. Their manga is dying and OPfags can't accept this simple truth.

Attached: 1532279144768.png (268x237, 36K)

But Nami is so hot

>OP ever getting axed
kek
let me know when that happens
you'll sure show us

>I assume you'll be too scared to look at that information.
OP sales when it comes to anime, figures, merch etc is pathetic and outside of Japan the manga has only 70M in total sales. If we compare it to other IPs, its more irrelevant than Barbie and Cars. The only thing keeping OP alive are Jap sales and they are clearly dropping as proved by the numbers and poll.

Attached: 1549379835824.jpg (944x1784, 613K)

>>I assume you'll be too scared to look at that information.
>OP sales when it comes to anime, figures, merch etc is pathetic
>5billion merchandise
Elaborate? Remember we're comparing with other manga's here.

>Still the best selling manga.

Attached: monoma_2.jpg (560x560, 296K)

Concede now.

Attached: 1517159487619.jpg (721x861, 182K)

>Only jump series there are Naruto and Db
Doesn't really seem "pathetic" like you were making it up either. Let me guess, others aren't on the list because they're inferior in the sales? Kek.

The art is so wonky, The is an absurd amount of characters constantly introduced, They keep making so many subplots, Half the cast doesn't actually do anything and at times it reads more like a book.
There is so much dialogue, What's the point of making a manga if every panel needs a million different lines of dialogue?
It makes everything look so messy.

The second stats are the ones you should focus on because we were talking about merch and the second chart is about "Toys and Hobby" sales and OP is at the very bottom.

>Picture showing One Piece ranks second best shonen in japan after Dragonball in banpresto sales and third after Naruto and Dragonball worldwide
You just knocked yourself down, moron.

Seems you don't understand how it works, like an idiot, obviously. It only lists the top 8-9. Why else do you think Naruto and others aren't in the japanese sales section? Because they didn't sell enough to be displayed there.

Also just to clarify, don't think these are overall merchandises. This is just Banpresto's sheet.

Don't move the goalpost. OP's merch dont sell as proven by the stats showing that its at the bottom and the world wide sales list it below Toy Story. As I said the only thing keeping OP alive are manga sales and those are clearly dropping.

>OP's merch don't sell
How am I moving the goalpost? According to your picture, One Piece sells more than any other jump series worldwide except for Naruto and DB. You yourself proved this with that account.

>OP is at the bottom
Can you not read a basic accounting balance sheet? It's listing the TOP SELLERS. One Piece is one of banpresto's best asset from jump.

If you don't understand this, look at the worldwide sales. Naruto is there, look at nippon sales, it isn't there. Why? Not because Naruto isn't sold in japan, but because it didn't make the cut for top 8.

All this means is that One Piece is amongst the top 7 in Japan by Banpresto. Banpresto probably owns most figures of jump, if not all.

(Yes, this means you proved yourself wrong. Great job).

Attached: 32273.jpg (785x589, 91K)

Honestly the anti optards in this thread are actual fucking jokers I swear, these are toddler level stupidities. It's not even funny.

Attached: 018.jpg (560x510, 106K)

>first it was about all comics published world wide
>GETS BTFO
>then its about manga published in Japan
>GETS BTFO
>then its about merch
>GETS BTFO
>now its about only Jump manga
Big cope.

What are you even on about? The worldwide and japan bits are examples taken in case of Naruto. I've only talked about merch. Nothing in specific of jump manga or what not.

Attached: wJ3airV.png (708x540, 412K)

>now it's about only jump manga
Hello? We're talking about jump since the start? You think shitposting will hide the fact you embarrassed yourself big time? Sorry jumbo.

>GETS BTFO
lol it's just been you moving the argument
The ironic part is, you did it again by making a "HAHA BTFO" rather than making a sensible counter.

Attached: hisone.png (764x720, 384K)

it's just sad at this point

I like one piece and I also like this post.

My favorite scene was when Ussopp apologizes to Luffy and crew as they leave him behind on Water 7. That and Robin crying out to Luffy at Enie's lobby are the most memorable parts of one piece. Everything else is kind of a blur for me with a few minor details
>Nami getting her fishman tattoo replaced
>Sanji fighting with his feet because he needs his hands safe and clean to cook - Diable Jambe Flambe will always be a funny name to me.
>Zoro getting btfo Mihawk when Luffy needed him on the Baratie.
>Zoro forcing Luffy to discipline Ussop showed that he has expectations of Luffy as captain.
>SSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUPERRRRRRRRR
>Even though she was a dumb feminist trope when she first started. Tashigi did a lot of growing up during the timeskip and has cut the bullshi. Punk Hazard was really her defining moment.

Attached: 1556300776859.gif (80x92, 27K)

I only got to the end of Dressrosa, but I think it's a good series. I think the "lol same formula" meme comes from the fact that Luffy and friends never seem to learn to watch their backs.
>Innocent girl is attacked by the Buggy pirates
>lol it's Nami and she stole their ship and treasure
>Innocent Butler that has watched over Katya that seems to shoo everyone away
>lol it's Captain Kuro and he nearly gets away with his plan
>Some innocent guy nearly dies on the Baratie's doorstep - Okay, Sanji feeds him because of his trauma
>lol it's Don Kreig and he straight up blows up the Baratie
>Nice girl shops for swords with Zoro and hot lady shops with Sanji in Loguetown
>lol Turns out one's a Marine hunting for the strawhats and the other is a pirate on the hunt for Luffy
And so on and so forth.
The show starts to get its act together during the Sabaody Archipelago even though Kuma turns out to be a good guy and would you look at that. Roger's first mate is here too. It was a breath of fresh air to see that Luffy and crew met an obstacle they couldn't pass with slow-motion Gum-Gum Bazooka. Then the time skip.
His alliance with Law is really what marks a change in style for OP, I think. He serves as a straight man for Luffy's headstrong nature and serves as a guiding system to Luffy's propulsion. Giving the show some sort of overarching plan, rather than it being just Luffy and friends wandering to random islands and barely making it out. Kinda like a Vivi 2.0
Just some user's opinion.

Attached: 1554089448262.gif (360x238, 1.52M)

>read shit level scans
>wtf why Oda arts suck
another example that only absolute brainlets One Piece

Comedy and mysteries.
Also it seems to combine a lot of aspects other shonens only have parts of or do worse because otherwise it wouldn't be as popular.

on point

Nakama and infinite asspulls save them everytime.
Explain how usopp won against sugar.

Terrified someone into unconsciousness? It happens in the real world too for people with fragile bodies, like Sugar. Usopp making that face out of surprise isn't new either, we've seen it countless times in the past. For example, when he ate the Tobasco sauce.

I'm talking about how usopp breath fire.

Not that user, but I own the series and the art is shit even when printed, at least in the later volumes, OP art peaked between Skypeia and Water 7

Skypeia is an arc that you can completely skip and nothing would have missed except minor worldbuilding.

Yeah, that was in the tobasco scene too.

Not that user, but I own the series and the art is better even when printed, at least in the later volumes, OP art is at it's best.

the eyes are just so BEADY

Keep lying to yourself

No one does OP. We only watch it because it's been around so long that it feels like watching a childhood friend in the terminal cancer ward. It's get worse as time goes on but you don't want to abandon it and want to see it through to the end

Attached: stickeroid_5bf57b235a459.png (360x360, 93K)

Reading your post I have concluded that you might very likely be an idiot.

Right back at you, faggot.

Everything is repetitive if you over simplify it
>Characters do stuff
>Holy shit, again?! What a repetitive hack.

>A manga about pirates, adventure, kingdoms and fight has a lot of fighting to defeat enemies and saving friends
Whoah, you cracked the code user, bravo.

>bait thread
>256 posts
>51 IPs
Seems about right.

>Syrup village
>Baratie
>Loguetown
>Whisky Peak
>Little Garden
>Jaya
>Long ring long island
>Water 7
>Enies Lobby
>Sabaody
>Punk Hazard
>Zou
>Evil dictatorships
There are more examples but I'll ley you hace the ones with good monarchs getting cuped as well.

He isn't anti killing per se, he just doesn't go for the kill after winning the figh, do you really think he cared if Lucci lived after fucking him up that bad un the middle of an island that was getting bombed? Or croco after punching him through meters of hard stone and blasting him to the sky?