Do I need to read other Jojos before Jojolion?

Do I need to read other Jojos before Jojolion?
Or can I skip to it for now?

I don't feel like slogging through Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency, and Stardust Crusaders yet.

Attached: Volume_112.jpg (1329x2080, 318K)

Why are you in such a rush to read Jojolion it's the worst one by wide margin?

/thread

The art looks more interesting and Phantom Blood feels like reading some 30s comic with how clunky and shallow it is.
What about SBR? All I know is that these two are somehow separate but also not or something.

I'd also read Diamond+ but all of those seem to have interrelating casts so I'd need to read all of them in order.

you'll be fine with SBR, part 8 makes a lot of throwbacks at part 4 so you may want to get into that first

Part 9 is going to be alt dimension Vento Aureo right?

Do you think SBR was supposed to be independent and he added Jojo title due to lower than expected sales?

Part 7 was alt 1 - 3, with the Hamon / Spin and the throwbacks to the Stardust Crusader characters
Part 8 is already base alt 4, but with the gangs and mafia affiliation and interferance with the Rokakaka trade, it's already pretty Vento Auero. Why do you think we haven't seen the main villain yet? 5 kept its big boss man shadowy for the longest time
Not to mention the theories on King Crimson being among the other King stands in part 8
Part 9 is likely to have more to do with 6, if it'll exist at all.

He won't be as cool as base universe Diavolo if the Jojolion trend is anything to go by.

Okay retard

Redpill me on part 8 user and maybe I'll change my tune

Attached: 19799777855.jpg (288x402, 76K)

Watch the anime for parts 1,2.
Then read the rest of the manga in color.
Not joking. Don't skip parts.

Attached: 1532684349890.png (610x950, 1.32M)

jojo never gets deeper.

I don't watch anime so I'll just power through reading 1-2 then.

just don't read any of it if you don't want to lol.
read a synopsis on the wiki and skip the fucking part you want to read and then be disappointed because jojo doesn't get much better. It's just decent throughout the entire 8 parts.

Yasuho is...
CUTE!
Stylish!
Smart!
Dependable!
Yasuho!

Attached: __hirose_yasuho_jojo_no_kimyou_na_bouken_and_etc_drawn_by_buririantsaitou__281cd28dad907dca840b86746 (400x414, 181K)

Why does everybody spell boy with an I now? off topic but jojo characters are called bois among the fandom for some reason.

Reddit

Read SBR before Jojolion.

If you skip parts you wont be able to fully enjoy whatever you are reading since they all connect either directly or indirectly.
dont skip parts.

Don't fall for the meme. You don't need to read a thousand chapters of unrelated stories just so that you can recognize the design of a hat in the background of Jojolion.

did you just say that it would be a slog to get through stardust crusaders? What is wrong with you?

you're dumb, stop you gay

yes i agree

In the volume notes he always intended SBR to be Part 7 despite also intending it to be a new series. He felt like he peaked with Part 6 and he didn’t like feeling like the best was behind him so he changed format and started over, but considered it a thematic continuation hence why he said it was Part 7 in substance. The editorial department thought marketing it as a new series would attract more readers, but by the time his transfer to Ultra Jump was complete Araki was given the opportunity to rebrand it as Part 7 officially which he took.

It’s boring at times to read monthly but rereading it all at once it’s actually very well (albeit slow) paced, and is clearly building up to something big. Apparently Araki started taking notes for a JoJolion back in 2007 so it’s had by far the most amount of thought put into it out of all his series, the questions do actually have answers he’s just edging the readers and slowly unveiling everything.

>spoiler
A real shame we will never witness Killer Queen vs. him even if the theories were true.
Imagine an ending where Josuke undoes the rokakaka fusion (with earthquakes & shiet) and the final fight is Soft & Wet + Killer Queen vs. King Crimson.

New chapter when

incorrect, you can not tell me Jonathan and Johnny are comparable

nice quints to bless the chapter
it's either tomorrow or in 2 days

Attached: _H_E2AP8Jkmx.jpg (1000x500, 88K)

Attached: 15540975963.jpg (938x944, 94K)

this is wrong on so many levels. Not only is part 8 a direct sequel to part 7. It references the previous parts so much that its a crime to say you dont have to read the rest. You wont feel involved at all in the mystery if you cant understand the people involved.
I'd say this is about the best series to make you wonder the reality of what is going on having the knowledge of the previous parts. Otherwise, itd likely be a bit boring.
Also this series pretty much doesnt even explain what stands are because they expect you to be familiar with the subject (and the way they are made) by this time.

Read every part in chronological order and if you get bored just move on to the next one. That's how it was always meant to be read

>Do I need to read other Jojos before Jojolion?
No. But you should.
At least read SBR before, because it influences the story and is set ~100 years after.
At least read Diamond is Unbreakable because it's an alternate version of that part, and has lots of references and reinterpretations of characters.
At least read Stardust Crusaders because it introduces Stands.
And Part 1 because it introduces Dio, which will be important for part 3. And Part 2 because it introduces Joseph which will be important in part 3... and the Zepellis.

Parts 5 and 6 are kind of unrelated to everything else. But you might as well read them if you already read everything else before.

Read at least SBR but you'll miss a lot of things if you haven't read the first four parts, nothing major though.

>jojo doesn't get much better
Biggest lie itt.

>New chapter will be one everyone will have to WITNESS

Attached: 1537245380478.png (843x642, 662K)

89 years old

Attached: do.png (314x297, 49K)

Surely not 89?

Every important detail from Part 7 is repeated in 8 during an info dump.