Samurai 8: Hachimaruden

what did you guys think of the first chapter? will it stay in narutos shadow?

Attached: protags.jpg (300x357, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/188020868/#q188023897
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the protag has changed quite a bit since the early art we've seen of him, or perhaps this design is an entirely different character?

Attached: concept.jpg (320x270, 19K)

To be honest, it's soulless.

articulate or go back

Thats a manga called Levius retard

建议情报翻译: 第二话“从天而降的访问者” 八丸早餐吃了八个八抓鱼的章鱼烧,第一次病号流动食物以外的东西,第一次外出散步、第一次“飞了起来”,第一次交到了朋友、游戏里认识的玩家现实也称为了朋友。 会飞的早太郎被三头猪龙套的流弹打中、跌落了女主(男二?)的家里。 女主(男二?)不明白自己的性别、没有名字、唯二的朋友是自己的左右手,八年未出家门、蹲在家里玩游戏,这个星球游戏排名第二。 对于没有勇气走出家门的女主(男二?) 八丸发出游戏挑战:“你赢了就老实点想出门就出去,我赢了我就带你出去!!!” 女主(男二?):“这比试没有意义吧。” 八丸:“不试试怎么知道,虽然试了结果肯定也一样、肯定是我赢。” 八丸获胜、原来他是这个星球的排名第一,和第二名的女主(男二?)在游戏中对战了至少一亿次以上。 第一次走出家门的女主(男二?),然而暴虐的三猪兄弟开着坦克正在逼近,目标是杀光女主(男二?)所在的夜叉流道场的所有人,目的是踢馆!? 下周第三话大增23P。

the fuck is this?

If you have read Naruto, you would know what I mean by "soulless"
>MC boring as fuck
>said the manga will foucus on father-son relationship but the relationship is boring as fuck
>nothing impressive

chapter 2

naruto wasnt the most interesting mc alot of the time either, kishimotos strengths lie elsewhere. and im going to have to disagree with the other two, the worldbuilding so far has me interested and the dad/son relationship was mostly implied rather than stated

Is it true we’re getting a transgender character?

Samurai 8? More like sjwmurai 8

they are unsure of their gender, so gender dysphoria
it'd be a tranny if they were one gender and tried to sell themselves as another

well the cat samurai said he had multiple bodies before this one, so probably not a tranny but a bodyhopper

Based Kishi triggering /pol/cucks

>Gender dysphoria (GD) is the distress a person feels due to their birth-assigned sex and gender not matching their gender identity. People who experience gender dysphoria are typically transgender.

>typically
meaning mostly but not always
its more likely that this character doesn't identify as anything

Ah shit ! here we go again...

>armchair psychologist anons applying real world genetics and psychology to a manga where people can hop from one robot to another and physically open their bellies to see their own souls
you guys really need to ease the fuck up with the projection

MC looks söy

We’ll see I guess, it would be pretty cool to have a positive portrayal of a transgender person by such a popular mangaka.

A bit too much exposition. I need 2 more chapters to be sure but it didn't really 'catch me on the hook' for now

>its mostly likely that this character doesn't identify as anything
that's also a type of transgender

>positive portrayal of a transgender person by such a popular mangaka.
It would cause more shitposting than the black female samurai in chapter 1

i didnt any shitposting about her. pretty sure she was just part of hachimarus game actually, not an actual character

Weren’t their black people in Naruto? Not even the ambiguous kind like Yoruichi, why were surprised?

lol the /pol/cucks projecting so hard,

go back to worshipping your manlet lord shapiro

boards.fireden.net/a/thread/188020868/#q188023897

>pretty sure she was just part of hachimarus game actually, not an actual character
She is an actual character. She assigned Daruma to find the keys after he got transformed into a cat. In the game Hachi played, Daruma was still in his human form. Not to mention Daruma calls her master at the beginning then mentions a "master" when he's internally monologuing at the end.

oh, well then. still a pretty forced thing to shitpost about

>still a pretty forced thing to shitpost about
?

>NOOOOOO HOW CAN THERE BE BLACK PEOPLE IN MY MANGA AAAAAAAAH KISHIIIIII

you said people shitposted about her alot, is that a lie?

Will she be better written than the females in Naruto?

So what the fuck happened to Hashimaru?

He just got stabbed then deus ex machina'd or something?

Someone please explain this.

Read the chapter again but much slower, with the official translations, and carefully analyze each panel

And I mean this completely unironically

the blade from the locker ball can turn certain people into samurai, stop speedreading

From mangahelpers

Samurai basically consist of 3 aspects; the mind, body, and soul.

The Mind, or the Key, is basically the spine thing that's basically last organic piece of the samurai and house their memories. 7 of these keys/spines are needed to open Pandora's Box. I'm not particularly sure on how CatDog determined Hachiboy to be one of the 7 keys, but he's one of the 7 keys.

CatDog's key, seemingly, appears to be stuck in that particular body, so he's missing his true body and, given he doesn't have a sword, his soul.

The body, or the Threefold/Three Chakra body, is what the Key is housed in. We got the general explanation of what it can do in the chapter itself. That being said, when it's not housing a key, it takes the form of what's called a Locker Ball. Stab yourself with the blade given by the LB, your body turns into the Key, which then unlocks and transfers everything to the LB, giving you a body. The LB also provides you with a Holder/Pet thing which provides armor.

Apparently when one is defeated, they revert back into one. Given that they can regenerate, it appears the only way to actually defeat a Samurai currently is to get them to admit defeat.

Finally, we have the soul which doubles as the sword of the Samurai. Hachi had a Samurai soul already housed in his body, which confused me a bit, but I get it was a different soul now. So he is in the possession of two souls now, his own and the blood sucker sword. Souls can obviously be taken and used by other Samurai. I'm assuming the quality of the soul improves alongside the Samurai.

>kishimoto
>writing females well
nah, but she will make good doujins i guarantee it

might as well post this too

Attached: yvy3izsvbdy21.jpg (803x1199, 265K)

>it appears the only way to actually defeat a Samurai currently is to get them to admit defeat.
Is that really how Hachi defeated the Ronin?

The shitty powers of Google Translate:

The second words "visitors descending from the sky" Eight pills breakfast ate eight fish caught in eight fish, the first disease other than the flow of food, the first time out for a walk, the first "fly" Get up, the first time I made a friend, the player I know in the game is also called a friend. The early flying Taro was hit by the stray bullets of the three pigs and fell to the home of the female owner (male two?). The female master (male two?) does not understand her gender, has no name, only two friends are their own left and right hands, eight years without going out of the house, playing at home to play games, this planet game ranked second. For the female master who has no courage to leave the house (male two?) Eight pills issued a game challenge: "If you win, you will go out and go out. If I win, I will take you out!!!" Female host (male two?) "This is meaningless than the test." Eight pills: "Do not try to know, although the results are definitely the same, I am sure that I won." Eight pills won, he is the first in the world, and second The famous female lord (male two?) has fought at least 100 million times in the game. The first time the female owner (male two?), who was out of the house, but the tyrannical three-piggy brothers are approaching the tank, the goal is to kill everyone who is the female lord (male er?) where the purpose of the hall is to kick the pavilion. ! ? Next week, the third word will increase by 23P.

I doubt it. You probably have to strike at their samurai soul or their key spine.

thats just some random guys interpretation, we dont have an actual way of knowing how samurais work at this point

so basically
>Hachi eats fish for the first time
>Hachi takes a walk for the first time
>Hayataro can fly
>they get shot down and land and tranny house
>tranny is a pathetic shut in, akin to most people on Yea Forums
>Hachi see's his past pathetic self in tranny and decides to make a bet to help them. Hachi will force tranny to get life in order if he wins.
>they play some a game (VR perhaps?)
>Hachi wins, as expected of MC-kun and autistic losers in general
>fodder pig enemies
>tranny is first party member probably

talk no jutsu is now 1v1 me quickscope only no jutsu
i dig it

>>tranny is first party member probably
Doesn't make much sense to have party members that aren't the other 6 keys. They'll most likely be around just to help out for this arc, and maybe get slight development.

Attached: edcaz4esf8y21.png (576x768, 334K)

>Doesn't make much sense to have party members that aren't the other 6 keys
because narutos party members were the other jinchurikis right? stop thinking in formulas

>stop thinking in formulas
>this entire manga is your standard shonen formula
it would've been interesting 20 years ago but we've been through this. It's clear that he has no new ideas and Naruto was his magnum opus.

Leave the threads then

youve only read one chapter so you dont know the formula, even if it is formulaic in some ways that doesnt bar it from being unique in others. go ahead and be a cynicfag stuck in the past though

nah, I enjoy shitting on underagefags fun

>"Boring" and "not impressive"

How to convince someone who isn't you by spouting subjective shit.

>implying the hook isn't important
>implying that it wasn't both formulaic and inferior to other shounens' first chapters

He's a shitposter, just stop responding

Attached: c1xu1poqf8y21.jpg (543x768, 70K)

Alluka was a transgender.

Attached: amatranny.jpg (1280x720, 77K)

its okay when togashi does it

but what's the true gender?

all the zoldyck kids are male

a male that was trannied to female.

Watch , "HxH's brilliant portrayal of gender identity bu ember reviews"

what time for spoiler images?

I can never convince a fanboy, of course I just expressed my subjective feelings, so what?

Because Yea Forums is well known for articulating their points, right?

>its more likely that this character doesn't identify as anything
That's not being transgender.
>that's also a type of transgender
No it's not. You fuckers need to learn the meanings of the words you're using. You can't be a transgender to a gender that doesn't fucking exist.

But my post was explaining how they aren't necessarily transgender

user, the correct term would be non-binary or agender but these people still would see/call themselves in the transgender group. it's likely referring yourself as gay when your sexuality could be more complex than that.

I wonder if there is any chance this will handle it's female characters a little better.