Is all anime going to be isekais in the future?

Is all anime going to be isekais in the future?

Attached: 1AE3261F-A823-4F0A-A7A4-9859EE14A806.png (608x673, 354K)

I hope so

There aren't that many.

I hope so, makes faggots mad.

>Konosuba and Re:Zero attempt to deconstruct isekai when it’s only an early growingly popular trend
>Isekai has only gotten more popular since

It’s time to admit that isekai will never be defeated and will eventually come to consume all media. Wish fulliment can’t be stopped.

let's hope for the best

Attached: free-party-tricks-for-everyone.gif (790x444, 899K)

Can't we just have isekai without the isekai where the MC wakes up in a fantasy world with no context and has to learn about it?
Isekai is a symptom of modern society lacking meaning and people like it because it puts the average wageslave everyman into a world where they get to do cool shit

Attached: escapism.png (500x229, 115K)

fpbp

isekai is just a plot device to get the story rolling, it can't be a genre
why do people not like it?

>Isekai is a symptom of modern society lacking meaning and people like it because it puts the average wageslave everyman into a world where they get to do cool shit

Literally just stop being a faggot and go outside to make friends. I'm tired of brainlets complaining that their life doesn't have any meaning.

Attached: 1536573327519.jpg (723x720, 56K)

Literally the capeshit of anime, anyone who likes this trash(Konosuba aside) is a subhuman

Yes, future looks bright my power-fantasy ecchi harem isekai bros

You'd best believe in isekais
you're in one

alice in wonderland and superman are isekai

Came here to post this

Technically all anime is set in another world that differ from ours, so all anime is isekai.

the matrix is an isekai

Attached: p22804_v_v8_as.jpg (960x1440, 358K)

>making friends will give meaning to your life
LMAOOOOOO what a faggot. Friends are a distraction, just like everything else in the samsara realm.

Where do you think you are?

Can you fuck off? normalfag

>Is all anime going to be isekais in the future?
Remember when we thought the same about battle school harems

>re:zero
>deconstruction

Not saying life doesn't have meaning (it does), but that modern life makes it hard for many to find a higher purpose to their weekly/monthly routine.
You might be surprised how many just work on the week and party on the weekend, with no greater context, simply because that's what they've been told life is, and then subconsciously realize the shallowness to some degree.

Thus isekai is fantasy theme but with the connection to our world to be relatable escapism to said wageslave normalfags. It's kind of cool to imagine yourself in the MC's shoes, whether or not you're a loser in this world, with a fresh start fighting monsters and doing heroic shit instead of working for a faceless corporation or studying in Uni for a job that you're not guaranteed to get, while your chances of having and providing for a family dwindle as the postwar economic boom ends

yeah just like how there are so many battle harems still around

Are you implying escapism is bad? fuck off back to reality normalfag

there's like a handful of isekais per year and these people are up in arms about it. Is it because they only watch shonenshit

underrated

if you take the isekai out of a lot of isekai harems, it's pretty much a fantasy battle harem.

I almost miss school battle harems
RIP in peace MxO

Can we go back to urban fantasy please?
We need the next Fate or Shakugan no Shana

>if you change the fundamental premise of show it becomes the same thing
you do know what isekai means right?

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF 12 KINGDOMS YOU NEWFAG

It'll go the way of battle harems.
Trust me, people will eventually get bored as writers continue to not advance the concept beyond what the originator of the trend does.

I think his point was that battle harems didn't disappear, but rather transformed into isekai battle harems.
Maybe a new trend will appear, and isekai batle harems will fuse into it too.

>Konosuba
>deconstruction

>Can't we just have isekai without the isekai where the MC wakes up in a fantasy world with no context and has to learn about it?
Technically speaking Grimgar, the isekai is never mentioned and is only relevant to stablish the RPG like setting.

I agree in that the need for something new and exciting to escape to will never go away

not everyone is a low iq nigger like you user

Are you implying escapism is bad? fuck off back to reality normalfag

No
It's just a fad like battle harems

I've heard about this before, but I'll check it out. Arigato fampai

it's alright, it does the "gritty realistic" junk like where the party fumbles badly trying to kill a single goblin who struggles and panics and they all feel nauseous afterword. That and random deaths because "dark and gritty"

Oversaturated aqua is my favorite meme of all time

love how every isekai "hate" thread is secretly a recommendation thread

I definitely hope so. There is literally no reason for other anime to exist unironically like Isekai WN/LNs/Manga are the only thing that sustain me now. Anime is like a cherry on top.

die

This but also reincarnation

>isekais by shaft
HAHAHA

The latest monogatari was about being in a mirror world, witch makes it an isekai.

This is abhorrent

Attached: 1421583826366.jpg (284x281, 32K)

Attached: cant-stop-me-now.gif (660x659, 512K)

I love Overlord, despite its many flaws, and the main character's situation is the ultimate wish fulfillment scenario for me (down to becoming a lich), but I do think the series would be even better if Ainz were just a real lich in the new world from the beginning. I don't really get anything out of the MMO elements, but it is admittedly interesting to see the game world and its logistics as a parasitic and unnatural influence that was forcibly grafted onto the new world and altered how it functioned.

Attached: 1520118699407.png (576x627, 638K)