What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Attached: download (13).jpg (275x183, 13K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPEcp2zla3o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZBt5h7nyI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KRDYVJOTJh4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-1EBo16URk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pretentious normalfag shit

It’s so good that anime fans actively reject it because it actually attempts to further the mediums artistic integrity.

One of the best anime ever made. Great characters and shots, beautiful scenery, cool story and lots of subtle hints. Though its not perfect, get ready for annoyingly long still shots. EoE is indisputably a masterpiece.

Attached: D4361DEA-ED6D-40E2-816E-E8272644222D.jpg (1113x1351, 1.08M)

There are two types of people

Good storytelling/direction.
Decent characters but they're almost all broken.

Attached: 1533667534599.jpg (1280x720, 150K)

The year is 2019 and to date NOTHING, neither western nor eastern, has come close to the perfection and utter brilliance that is The End of Evangelion.

An unnecesarily complex metaphor for depression, masked as a mecha anime with also unnecesary christian imagery and lore to make it look deep.

Pretentious garbage full of annoying characters and ass-pull metaphors thrown in there in an attempt to make this shit seem deeper than it actually is.

Aren't you over hyping just a bit?

Great and monumentally influential anime but not as timeless as people will tell you. Much of its appeal comes from coming out when Mecha was at the height of its popularity and here comes an anime which turns everything everyone has ever known about Mecha on its head and more or less destroys the genre in such a creative way that it inspires a different sort of cancer with tsunderes, harems, beta MCs, and a bunch of other stuff.

Basically, Anno and his buddies at Gainex were so on point with the public consciousness at the time that the studio ran circles around everybody for a brief time because the anime industry had become so uncreatively stagnant and filled with people who had no clue what the people actually wanted.

Slow start, excellent middle, weird ending.

Episode 14-24 are the absolute greatest

Friendly reminder that nobody including OP hasn’t watched Eva in this thread and that Madoka Magica surpassed it a LONG time ago.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iPEcp2zla3o

Attached: 5E48A092-914F-4227-AF73-2CCBA3CE2626.jpg (500x690, 87K)

Fucking trash made for the people Who thinks"WOAH,THAT' DEEEEP"

Hideaki Anno (see pic related):
This is really good, Kyubey. Be it getting rid of lip-synching, or working it as a character, doing it so thoroughly makes me feel great. And the symbolization of the witches is also skillfully done. The music is also good. My urge is to own the three BGM tracks like the "salesman's theme" which I love, got me to buy Vol. 2 of the Blu-Ray. Ep. 10 was good too. The way HomuHomu was depicted was good. I think in terms of the released form of anime works, going for a movie series instead of another TV series is a good way to establish it even further. I have high expectations of it.
>Mamoru Oshii (Japan Media Arts Festival judge):
Madoka is the first "god-tier" anime since Evangelion.
>Yutaka Yamamoto:
Stop Cancelling Our Anime! There’s no need for “self-estraint” with anime. There is no need to cancel Madoka. Now of all times, Madoka must keep crying out the truth of humanity.
>Kazuo Koike(Lone Wolf and Cub & Crying Freeman):
There were many times I felt my heart rending when I watched Madoka Magica. I think it is a great thing to create such touching work. Gen Urobuchi, I could not have such ideas. I admit defeat.
>Shunji Suzuki:
Madoka might beat Eva, if it hasn't yet. It's not good for relics of the past to stay at the top forever.
>Ryusuke Hikawa (Japan Media Arts Festival judge):
For the past decades I've wondered, "Why can't anybody make an anime with as much impact as Gundam using the power of the moe anime genre?" Madoka Magica made this wish come true.
>Hitoshi Sakoh:
The pairing of Madoka and Homura is just the best!
>Rena Matsui:
It was a most heartfelt joy to watch scenes like the ED of ep. 10 or when Kyubey gave a speech

Attached: A8357278-5393-4791-BA5D-CBA1193FDFFD.jpg (1505x753, 136K)

Friendly reminder that Re:Zero already did the same thing to Madoka and more impressively did it early in the evolution of Isekai causing it to become more popular over time while Madoka only came out when Mahou Shojo was already on its death bed.

Attached: EB96D3CB-2AE4-4CE5-84FC-926E809519A7.png (245x245, 67K)

You wrote this in one minute, how?

Music
Madoka > Re: Zero

Art
Madoka Inu Curry art > Re:zero

Story
Madoka > literally every anime in the wold

Best episode
Madoka 10 (youngest episode of anime on the god list in Japan) > Re:Zero 18

lore and symbolism
Madoka > most anime in the industry

Etc

Attached: 8D4A8872-DE85-4587-A6FB-7D1A128FC0CD.gif (480x270, 1.88M)

25 years of waifu wars.

pain!

Attached: y3OwHBj7.jpg (694x390, 26K)

Ultraman/Macross/Devilman/Gundam rip-off but more depressing and tons of autistic unnecessary biblical imagery wank
still good shit though, 9/10 anime

the last jedi of anime

>become more popular

The Madoka mobile game made and is still making more money than Re:Zero sold BD’s let alone the merch sales Madoka makes.

Elaborate

It was good as a kid but watching it now it’s really nothing special.

An overhyped by normies, yet still good, anime that copied a lot of different mecha and general sci-fi works. Anyone who tells you Evangelion pioneered or deconstructed anything is full of shit. Don't believe their lies.

Evangelion is a time flop. It sold well, but its fanbase is dead, and people don't even remember it anymore. It was generic, melodramatic, and boring. It was a corporate project (it was also shilled by its producers Tatsunoko and now Netflix) that represented how you can play it safe to make sure your show sells.

There are shows (such as Madoka Magica, Code Geass, etc.) that can be considered timeless successes because not only were they successful, but they still have a sizable fanbase, and people still remember them as one of the masterpieces of anime. Evangelion has none of these things.

People reference the number of threads it gets (which only started picking up in number after I called them out on their shilling), but that doesn't mean it's not a time flop. It's a very small number of people coordinating to artificially create an impression that the show still has a fanbase after it finished airing. Just look at the Unique Posters to Posts ratio in every thread. It will be wildly unbalanced, especially in comparison to shows with an actual legacy (Madoka, Code Geass, etc) which have a far more balanced ratio while also having a greater volume of posts.

The bottom line is that Evangelion has no cultural legacy whatsoever, even in comparison to other Gainax shows like Gurren Lagann and Dantalian no Shoka, and is sustained entirely by dishonest fan support.

Actually a lot of people don’t realize that the first 23 out of 26 episodes of Eva is inuyasha tier filler monster of the week bullshit with small good moments mixed in and bad animation with small fragments of good animation mixed in and the last three episodes being literally 95% of the focus in conversation about the series when waifu wars aren’t happening between Asuka, Rei and Misato who HARD carried this series.

It’s almost impossible to get new fans to get past episode three because a lot of us done remeber just how bad this series was until it hit late game. Everybody I’ve gotten to watch Eva (because believe it or not I am a fan) I’ve had to keep begging them to continue with promises that the last three out of twenty six episodes are good where as when I ask people to watch Madoka they’re literally hooked in like a starving dog who found a steak after episode three and they’ve usually finished the show in a day or two.

Attached: 48621318-E183-4CFC-8DEC-13A373CA4AA9.jpg (361x500, 46K)

>implying they can sit through eva
even Yea Forums can't

praised by critics but is actually garbage

>unnecesarily complex metaphor
please tell me you are only pretending to be retarded user

Actually believe it or not Eva gets more threads and posts but not for reasons of popularity. I know this sounds dumb but a LOT of Eva fans have stopped watching anime a LONG time ago and they only come here to talk about Eva and nothing else which results in a lot of Eva threads and posts because they literally only come here to discuss this series where as fans of masterpieces like Madoka still probably watch anime and are posting about other shows.

There wasn’t nearly as much anime back in the day as there is today so people who got into Eva don’t really have a lot of shows to talk about that they really loved before they grew up to the point where they started only watching a single anime maybe every few months to maybe even years.

Attached: 3C333415-8DCF-4AE5-9C0E-C1A8A10906DF.jpg (360x270, 13K)

You and your acquaintances are plebs and I loathe your kind.

>from Shinji's perspective
normie shit

>from Gendo's perspective
an okay desperation story

>as a regular mecha/anime consumer
pretty good

I promise you. Take the nostalgia goggles off and try rewatching Eva and you’ll see how boring it is until episode 23. It’s not as good as you remember.

>inb4 I did just a few weeks ago and I still love it
Lies aside ACTUALLY rewatch it and you’ll see. You don’t need to come back and lie again because I know deep down that you’ll try it and you’ll see for yourself that Eva really isn’t that good when you rewatch it in modern times.

Don't talk to me, scum.

I think he meant it's pretty simple, but presented in such a retarded way it makes it look "complex" for brainlets
either that or user does have brain damage

I had written up a response because it was such a weird fucking hot take that I didn't it could possibly be bait. You've given yourself away with that second post.
If somehow you're actually this retarded, I'll have you know that it took me until last year to watch Evangelion and I loved it and consider it in my Top 5.

Attached: Bait2.jpg (1920x1080, 879K)

Why is Gendo so based?

Realistically the characters which is the most highly praised part of Evangelion are memes themselves. They’re said to be complex and deep but it’s a false statement repeatedly said over the years that started by some guy who said it on a YouTube review until people have seen it as fact.

The truth is the characters in Eva are pretty simple which isn’t a bad thing but they say everything and I do mean every little feeling they’re feeling out loud, audibly to the audience during the show essentially holding the audience by the hand and making everything blatantly obvious with no tact. Yes, the characters feel a lot of emotions but that doesn’t necessarily mean or equal “deep” though.

Attached: DF0868BB-3936-45B5-904D-3736FA7E7779.jpg (479x282, 21K)

>bu.. but I JUST watched Eva

I’ve heard that one before.

Gendo is just a violent drunk forced into the role of responsible adult.

>presented in such a retarded way
now the real brainlets come out to play

I guarantee every Eva fanboy in this thread that if they start Madoka by episode 12 (last episode) Eva will no longer be your favorite series. I guarantee it.

Eva is just incoherent because Anno suffered from depression at the time. Made by a much more lucid Anno, it would've been more conventional in it's ending.

Evangelion is an upper mid tier anime and Madoka is fucking trash. I've been watching anime longer than you've been alive. You're scum.

I would hope most people have seen both.

I thought Rebuilds were made after his depression and they're just a total clusterfuck

Considering all of the urban myths surrounding this series who knows anymore

The Rebuilds are a clusterfuck because they're sleek remakes of the original series.

t. hasn’t watched Madoka but is offended at the though that any anime would have surpassed favorite anime so now I hate Madoka

>inb4 but.. but.. but I did watch Madoka
You didn’t.

I already forgot what happened in Madoka. Nothing about it is memorable. It's well paced and an entertaining thriller, but so are a lot of other shows.

>Madoka is trash

That’s like saying blowjobs and money are boring. The hell do you mean Madoka is trash? Did you watch the series?

How the absolute donkey fuck did you forget what happened in Madoka? Either you have brain damage or you haven’t watched it. I get not understanding the series but nobody could forget what happened in the series. I’ve never even heard of that.

>anyone who doesn't agree with my narrative is lying
You keep shitposting with this. Someone doesn't think Evangelion shit? They didn't watch it. Someone doesn't think Madoka is a masterpiece? They didn't watch it. As I've said before: You. Are. Scum. You are a plebeian. You are an imbecile. You are wrong. Your perceptions are trash, your mind is feeble and your opinions mean nothing to everyone who reads them.

I'm referring to the visuals and scenes that ultimately didn't have much impact. Therefore, forgettable.

t. Pissed Evangelion fanboy

There’s three kinds of people in this world.

Those who have watched Eva and like Eva more than Madoka

Those who have watched Madoka and like Madoka more than Eva

And those who have watched Madoka and Eva and like Madoka more

evangelion 4.4 when?

Ohh, you mean the absolutely insane iconic Inu Curry art in Madoka? The art from artists that are considered ACTUAL artists irl and have actual credentials? That visual art or the generic for its time character design in Eva?

Gendo did it all for Shinji.

Is Madoka your first SHAFT anime or something? They do the same shit in all of their shows. The directing is the same shit, the background/environment treatment is the same shit
>actual artist with ***credentials***
You probably has no appreciation for animation. Eva's visuals are much more interesting than some meme artist.

literally me and my redhead waifu

Go fuck yourself

>people still respond to this guy's bait
he has been around for at least two years just ignore him and he goes away. It's very likely he hasn't watched either show.

A masterpiece

>ohhhh I’m so mad
>Urobuchi is SHAFT!
>Uronuchi is SHAFT!

We were literally talking about the visuals and art, what does Urobochi have to do with it?

>Inu Curry is SHAFT!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MOZBt5h7nyI

Attached: E65DC761-643C-4538-88FD-3D7D11A27A40.jpg (1024x768, 53K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

Attached: C2BE6A2A-30EF-4173-AF36-D51190895637.gif (500x279, 1019K)

No, but their implementation of their artwork was very SHAFT-like. It was a good match, but the witch world/monster design is just part of the visuals, even if it's the most obvious one.

>eva isn't popular

There is a new movie coming out next year

Not even close bud. Inu Curry is purely themselves. They’re not like anybody.

dont watch it

The themes actually fit the opposite characters better.

I meant how SHAFT implemented Inu Curry's artwork. I guess you just care more about that aspect of the visuals.

>Music
>Madoka > Re: Zero
No

>Art
>Madoka Inu Curry art > Re:zero
Agree

>Story
>Madoka > literally every anime in the wold
This is such a ridiculous statement so I’ll just stick to comparing the 2 anime we’re talking about. Re:Zero episodes 1-15 > Madoka. Madoka >>> Re:Zero in its entirety. Madoka + Rebellion > Re:Zero in its entirety, but both were dragged down by their sequals/second halfs.

>Best episode
>Madoka 10 (youngest episode of anime on the god list in Japan) > Re:Zero 18
Re:Zero’s best episode is 15 and it’s better than Madoka’s best episode, but Madoka has 2 iconic episodes while Re:Zero only has 1.

lore and symbolism
Madoka > most anime in the industry
Re:Zero also has symbolism while not being a totally pretentious copy of Eva’s symbolism, most notable seeing Betelgeuse’s invisible hand becoming visible.

Madoka I would say is better at this point in time particularly because there are some very incredible and unique aspects to it which Re:Zero copied (Subaru is basically a character combination of Homura and Sayaka) but there is completely an opportunity for it to build on what it made and surpass Madoka with its 2nd season.

Attached: 72302FD4-2E9D-4932-865A-4608B5730A9A.png (883x500, 399K)

t. Doesn’t know about Madoka

There was arguments all the time behind scenes with Inu Curry and Akiyuki Shinbo and the Inu Curry duo threatened to quit multiple times if their work was messed with or altered in any way.

>The bottom line is that Evangelion has no cultural legacy whatsoever

Attached: 1451545731440.jpg (704x480, 29K)

I meant how they implemented it, not that they altered it. SHAFT likes doing highly graphic backgrounds/props almost like a graphic designer, so Inu Curry's art worked well for them.

>Music
>Madoka > Re: Zero
>no

Yea. The music from Re:zero sounds like Pokémon battle music half the time. When you actually sit and listen to the Madoka ost songs there’s not a single bad song and the best ones absolutely destory anything from Re:zero

>Re:Zero’s best episode is 15 and it’s better than Madoka’s best episode, but Madoka has 2 iconic episodes while Re:Zero only has 1.

What part of youngest episode of anime on the god list do you not understand? Episode ten of Madoka is probably the single best directed episode of anime in the world right now. Nothing in Re:zero stands any sort of chance. The last episode of Eva and Bebop don’t stand a chance. Episode 10 of Madoka is a destroyer of anime episodes. Type in episode ten in the archives.*

From what I can tell from this thread is that, people think this is the second coming of Christ, or shit from dog shit

>deal with annoying evafags for 20 years
>now we have to deal with annoying madokafags
I really hate casuals

Madoka is just a damn good anime.

Madoka’s music never actively enhances the show at any point, while timely music in Re:Zero does. Neither has an outstanding OST that I would ever care to listen too.

>What part of youngest episode of anime on the god list do you not understand? Episode ten of Madoka is probably the single best directed episode of anime in the world right now. Nothing in Re:zero stands any sort of chance. The last episode of Eva and Bebop don’t stand a chance. Episode 10 of Madoka is a destroyer of anime episodes. Type in episode ten in the archives.

Why are you pretending like I have never watched the series or wasn’t on Yea Forums when the episode happened? I know all about it, but it’s notable because it was a plot twist. Woopty doo. Yeah it caused a huge shitstorm when it happened, but it’s rarely ever referenced for any other reason because of that. Don’t pretend like it was some masterpiece in directing.

People who watch Madoka nowadays for the first time aren’t actually that surprised anymore, but people who watch Re:Zero and manage to get to the gauntlet that is episodes 12-15, STILL get so emotionally effected by it that they feel compelled to talk about it. Re:Zero is the first anime to truly capture the magic of cringe kino.

Attached: 439E8234-1DED-4AFC-B9E7-8E7A54CA7943.jpg (1920x1080, 142K)

For since they deleted their original post

>Madoka’s music never actively enhances the show at any point, while timely music in Re:Zero does. Neither has an outstanding OST that I would ever care to listen too.

Wrong. There’s foreshadowing and hints in the Madoka music that reward viewers who pay attention and the way the music is made in the series is that the scene is made first and it’s composed sometimes literally over hundreds of times until it’s just right. Even simple scenes like this. m.youtube.com/watch?v=KRDYVJOTJh4

You hear this? That’s perfectly executed music. No lyrics needed and you get a very good feel for the suffering of witch Elly here. You can play just about every ost from the Madoka series and it’s great. You can literally feel the how the supposed evil witch is actually suffering as the song plays out and how twisted and wrong what’s happening to her is all the way until the uplifting moment of the song at the end when Sayaka ends her life. Music like this and just the love and care that went into Madoka is miles better than anything out of Re:Zero.

Attached: 455634BF-F75A-42EB-ACB5-895926DA902B.jpg (1920x1080, 298K)

You get a sense of how she’s suffering but must keep fighting. It’s so much emotion out of a less than two minute simple ost on a part that’s very small and insignificant in the series. That’s the kind of care that was put into this series.

You seem to be stuck on the whole music thing, so at this point I’d be willing to concede that Madoka does better than Re:Zero with using music to invoke emotions since you’ve put so much time and effort in analyzing that aspect, but let me just say that Madoka is hardly at the top of the list of anime which uses music to significantly enhance the experience. There are shows that I will watch purely because of the audio, but Madoka is not one of them. It has a great story and great visuals, but it’s music is far from one of it’s best aspects. It sounds like you’ve fallen so far in love with the show that you’ve retroactively convinced yourself that every part of it is perfect and giving meaning in to things which are completely subjective.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-1EBo16URk

This song it titled take your hands. It happens right before THAT moment.

Attached: C3413095-4D99-48F9-99AB-53B8922CF748.png (899x605, 912K)

No. The facts are Madoka plays on its music to describe events, forshadow and essentially tell its story better than almost any other anime in the industry. No other anime uses music to enhance the experience and enhance the anime itself better than Madoka does. Anything from the intro ending switch in episode ten all the way to Colorful being a tale of Homura’s early emotions hidden behind what appears to be a silly moe song.

Madoka is like a puzzle. Every part and aspect of the series has a place and a meaning no matter how small or insignificant it may seem as you view the series and almost nothing is wasted. There’s so much buried within the show that I guarantee not even 20% of users on Yea Forums who have watched the thing ever even understood the half of it and die hard fans like I even still find new things every time I look.

Don't yo think that is a bit of an exaggeration?

No. Watch Madoka and read the behind the scenes stuff. You have absolutely no clue how much love and care went into this series.

I am SOOOO looking forward to when Eva is on Netflix and seeing the entire spectrum of emotions from everyone after watching it.

Attached: AGGGGGG19SANRIO_COMBO-AGGGjumbo-v2.gif (600x334, 1.86M)

I'll put it on my to do list

2/2
For people who don’t understand this song is playing during one of what should be the most happy and victorious moments of the series. The song is composed in a way that it may seem sort of happy but when you actually listen to the music you can feel the sadness in this song and what Homura is about to do and how she feels about it.

Attached: something wonderful.png (640x480, 192K)

>Re:Zero guy and Madoka guy were fighting for a little bit
Can someone get DitF guy and VEG guy too

hownu.ru

Evangelion was dark and edgy for it's time. It's outdated as fuck.

Evangelion was literally never that edgy. It was the fucking nineties. If anything it was considerably less edgy than its peers

The Shingeki no Kyojin of 90s.

FPBP

Madoka is a mediocre anime.

It’s unironically the greatest story ever told.

4chads

Mentally ill Redditcuck

Don't forget the madokatards

I used to think i was stupid. Its good to know im not rock bottom tho

Don’t worry. You are.

>The Shingeki no Kyojin of 90s.

Perfect comparison

How are they similar in literally any fashion

Defined a generation?

They’re both anime staring underage characters with two eyes and a nose and they both speak Japanese.

Pokémon, Dbz and Gundam did. Eva is kind of a no name anime as far as that goes. Almost anybody will know what those first three are where as most people realistically won’t have a clue what Eva is.

I meant a generation the anime community

Eva is more of a cult classic like Sharknado. It didn’t really define a generation or anything close to that but a few people worldwide like it a lot.

NGE is gigantic amongst otaku in Japan though

Not even 1/1000th as popular as the first three I mentioned. It’s more of a small cult classic.

NGE has the highest BD sales out of any anime, period.

First of all, as an organic example you get soibois like this
Second of all, they were both massively overrated by NPCs and are actually popular for reasons NPCs won't admit.

Third of all, both of then are the biggest Redditcuck series of their times.

>of their times
Reddit did not exist when Evangelion was popular.

That’s literally the least profit anime series make. All the money is merchandise.

Utter shit and meaningless symbolism.

You mean pachinko.
Seriously, its frightening how much it makes.

dumb discordfags everyone

BDs are frequently shown to illustrate the success of a show, and NGE has lots of them.

If you want to talk merchandising, Evangelion is infamous for being whored out to every other company and I'm pretty sure Asuka and Rei have more merchandise than a ton of other girls.

You can say it's not normalfag but it is absolutely popular amongst otaku.

Because they come out with a new edition every year and the same people keep buying them. It’s not a lot of people world wide but a few buying a lot.

Yeah. Only a few otaku buy Evangelion stuff. That's why it had an entire store dedicated to it.

Attached: eva-store-1.jpg (800x533, 486K)

>inb4 I did just a few weeks ago and I still love it
Months, user. The atmosphere of first couple episodes is kino.

>"Why can't anybody make an anime with as much impact as Gundam using the power of the moe anime genre?"
I'm so disgusted god damn

What even is this comparison

Not. Madoka is a non-character.

It's shitposting. Evangelion threads have been so consistent for so long the meta has evolved.

Madoka isn't really a non-character. Mami. Now THAT'S a non-character.

There’s nobody there..

I don’t think it’s shitposting. I actually agree with that user. I liked Madoka more than I did Eva but they’re both good.

user, that's a press photo.

I totally believe you.

Glad to hear it.

>evangelion isn't popular in Japan bro, that's why this exists

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

With Netflix, expect way more of these threads coming

It's sad to think that so much of this board would be effected by this.

>get ready for annoyingly long still shots

Seriously.
I still enjoyed the series but those still shots went on WAY too long - made me think they ran out of time/budget to animate or needed to extend the scene out to meet the 24min episode length.

To be honest I'm looking forward to it, it's better than most of the shit in Yea Forums today.

There were production issues although the extent of them are unknown.

You must be massively insecure about your masculinity.

NGE takes itself and its characters seriously, so expect a lot of insecure little fucks chimping out over it whenever you bring it up.

Nah, he's just new to this and trying way too hard.

If they were smart about it they would have shoe-horned something into the background which constantly moves, so at least it's still partially animated and you're not sitting there wondering wtf is going on.
An example would be a windmill spinning in the background - cheap and easy to animate and you can leave it in a loop for the whole minute or so and it keeps the scene alive.
(obviously it depends on the landscape of the scene, that's just an example)

Every time.

That would've looked even cheaper. But that comes from someone who is fond of the elevator scene.

4.0 when

Delayed to 2020.

Wtf did I just watch.....

Attached: lekino.jpg (1920x1080, 198K)

Redditcucks like you did tho

Nice :O face yo got there you SUBHUMAN bugman

it's so passé to hate on Eva that's its actually patrician to like it now

Attached: asuka2.jpg (157x166, 5K)

A movie you'll always remember but never understand.

Its nice to see something you like have so much staying power it can go through multi decade trends.

Kys normie cuck

Moot - literal beta numale soiboi - Eva is his favorite anime

he's right you know?

Based and redpilled

>Kys normie cuck

He probably stopped watching anime a long time ago. Eva used to be my favorite anime as well but there has been anime that have been a lot better since.

The message was the only good part of it, I didn't mind that and I also actually liked the original Ep 25-26 ending message - but what the fuck was the point of that movie?
The whole first hour the protagonist was just sooking and crying, and then there was a whole bunch of totally unexplained shit, before they finally get into the psychology stuff (the only part with any substance) at the end.

Like I understand you need to set the scene before you deliver your big finish but can't they at least make it slightly enjoyable to watch?

Madoka Rebellion?

It's where the two intersect I guess.

Its got some good visuals? it was also a great opportunity for Anno to shit all over people who get into waifu wars. Of course it went right over their heads as hey don't watch Eva for the message.

Me!Me!Me! Did a better job of portraying that message than Eva did. Eva as far as almost everybody else is concerned Eva is about the suffering girls and how to make them feel good.

>good visuals
That was the only other thing I could get out of it.

my favorite series and legit the only reason i started watching anime again after a solid decade away from it.

So basically, it's responsible for the fucking plague. Noice

Re:Zero is unbelievably boring.

>it was also a great opportunity for Anno to shit all over people who get into waifu wars
Odd then that nothing in EoE is about this.

why am i so fucked up

Best show ever made

>Evangelion has no cultural legacy whatsoever
I sometimes wonder what fucking planet some people on Yea Forums are from. Like, is this board interdimensional or something, and that's why there are so many contrarians that are basically objectively wrong in my timeline?

kabbalah

Attached: e7ce572d6fec7762f3008aac2ef54f83.jpg (664x997, 164K)

And currently has like 3 threads about it.

Attached: subtlety.gif (500x282, 75K)

unironically though

He's not.

No shit

What's subtle about that?