Why was he so weak?

why was he so weak?

Attached: Raditz_Image.png (720x540, 332K)

>What is a Stater Villain?

Because Dragonball Z had the worst case of power creep in history of fiction.

he was a coward and didn't take tough missions like Vegeta and Nappa

Someone had to be the jobber

so weak that he manage to get his brother killed so his master plan to make him a strong warrior and defeat vegeta and nappa to grow more strong and kill frieza, and after he could see his raditz true intendions and revive him, the only problem that raditz did not know that goku hit his head and now is a retarded

I felt like he was the best antagonist in the entire series. I would have liked to see him take Gohan and make a bloodthirsty tyrant out of him.

>Better than Vegeta, Freeza or Cell.
Nah.

Raditz could solo every other mangas universe. he's just weak by dragon ball standards

Attached: 15542620245.gif (200x200, 594K)

An insult to the best antagonist in the ENTIRE series.

Attached: Kingpiccoloonthrone2.jpg (640x480, 32K)

Either that or he relied on Great Ape.

He wasnt Goku

Did raditz have the same potential as goku since they're brothers and all?

He probably lacked work ethic so he wasn't driven like goku was

he refused Nappas "special training"

Cosmic Armored Superman says otherwise.
I love me some Superman but did Grant Morrision really need to make a Superman who exists above the concept of Dimensions?
Even Heroes in it's full nonsense is only 6th Dimensional

idk about you shlomos but Dragon Ball Super is literally the worst shit ever. the story is so stupid.

DBZ never had smart stories to begin with but this is beyond stupid. Luckily, it isn't canon.

I want raditz to come back just to see his reactions to the present DBS timeline.

toriyama is bad at writing

Raditz was content with his lot in life as a foot soldier in Frieza's army, making an honest life killing aliens and selling empty real estate.

He was the strongest when he appeared, then Toriyama created characters stronger than him, then characters stronger than those characters, and so on.

It made sense since Frieza at the time ran a massive empire and nothing short of a Super Saiyan, a Supreme Kai, or God could stop him.

He wasn't. Toriyama estimated him to be around or somewhere in the Top 12 Saiyans.
>1/2

Attached: 1550871709123.png (798x296, 40K)

You don't know what power creep means..

>2/2

Attached: 1556477325101.png (784x307, 47K)

He was rather cowardly by saiyan standards, taking hostages and begging for mercy when his tail is grabbed. He likely didn’t fight as much or get as many zenkais as his contemporaries.

He arrived at the store too early to catch the super saiyan bargain sale. Store wasn't open and by the time it did, he had already left.

why are you listing b tier villains. Monster Carrot is the best villain in the whole universe.

He was an average saiyan male. Someone like Nappa was an elite saiyan and was much stronger then him but still had a battle power below 5000.

Goku didn't have potential, he had raw drive. You'll notice that a lot of villains seem to be content to rely entirely on their innate talent and don't put much effort into becoming stronger. The moment Vegeta saw an easy way to obtain superiority via the Dragon Balls, he dove face first at them. Even on Namek, Vegeta kept abusing his species trait of getting stronger after near-death experiences to get ahead.

The fundamental reason Goku becomes so strong is because he tries harder than anyone else. He dedicates most of his free time to training. Whenever he sees someone stronger than himself, he dedicates himself to reaching or even surpassing them. Raditz didn't have that drive. Nappa didn't have that drive. Vegeta didn't have that drive until he saw Goku become a Super Saiyan and realized that what he'd been doing up to then wouldn't cut it anymore.

>starter villain
>in volume 17 of a 42 volume manga
Nigga what? Yamcha was the starter villain.

I have to disagree user, Saitama would one hit him.

so bardock was weaker than raditz

This probably isn't completely true.

He actually was really good. He was just a straight up villain, a bad guy in a bad galaxy doing what the evil around him bred him to behave like. All the other villains have some ulterior purpose or sad backstory, or are masterminds or their creations. Radditz is literally the only villain in Z I can think of who was just a straight up normal guy.

>Introduce an El Hermano character
>Gets killed and forgotten for the rest of the series

No user, Saitama is weak as shit.

Saitama could beat SSB Goku, and arguably, ultra instinct

He wasn't, Goku had to sacrifice himself in order to take him down.

I have faith he'll be brought back into the canon eventually, he's such wasted potential.

Attached: 72383905_p1.jpg (2048x1536, 2.27M)

>Tfw no movie where it turns out Raditz has been training in hell ever since his death
>Tfw no half saiyan, half snake son of Raditz
>Tfw no Super Saiyan Devil Super Saiyan form Raditz
The real double sunday was the friends we made along the way...

Attached: D4oqibWVUAAmgNp.jpg (1024x768, 92K)

Yeah. This is why it was shocking that goku could get above mid class
Radditz was barely into the mid class, so bardock was probably about as strong as goku was when radditz arrived on earth.
Though it's important to note, except for ginyu, carbon, and frieza, and saiyans going Oozaru, no one really charges up during battle.
So radditz maintaining 1500+ the whole time means he's tougher than piccolo, who managed a single blast higher than that.
So while he may have been goku's level, that doesn't mean equal in all stats

Weak or not, that's one of my favorite fights in the series.

>Saint Seiya

>I have faith he'll be brought back into the canon eventually, he's such wasted potential.
>having faith
>in Toriyama

why? its so lame compared to Vegeta-Nappa-Goku-Zfighter standoff, or prior fights with Piccolo/P.Jr

The Saiyans were all killed when he was still a child, so he missed out on the opportunity of growing up in a Saiyan society (or at least, a Post-Frieza Saiyan society). Few to spar with and being sent on missions against weaklings means fewer opportunities for Saiyan hacks to kick in. Nappa and Vegeta were elites, but Nappa was raised and molded by a life of strife while Vegeta was similar, but had royal bloodline hacks working in his favor.

Isn't it weird how Goku's brother was never redeemed but Vegeta, Frieza, and the Androids were?

because he was a loser and everyone knew it

raditz not weak , he is the only one that get goku kill .

Attached: aa a a.jpg (480x330, 34K)

Cell

Cell cheated

Scoreboard, baby.

Roshi could blow up the moon with a power level of 150, Raditz is around 1,000.
Boros' Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon made his ship a little crispy so that's gonna be a "no" from me dog.

Sorry, replied to the wrong person. RIP me

Why do people still use powerlevels for any argument when the whole point of them is that they don't mean shit?

>Androids
>Had a wild streak but ultimately proved to have agreeable personalities
>The only wildcard in this scenario, 17, was revived after everyone was strong enough to blow him to smithereens. 18 is also canonically weaker than him, but she was tamed by cock, so it doesn't matter.

>Frieza
>Spared solely due to Goku's fight autism
>Gets his shit kicked in shortly afterwards
>Brought back as a cool Cyborg
>Ruthlessly murdered shortly afterwards
>Revived about ~15 years later
>Goku and Vegeta are strong enough to treat fighting him as sport, but ultimately gets ruthlessly murdered shortly after
>Only brought back by sheer necessity

>Vegeta
>Spared solely due to Goku's fight autism
>Shared a common goal with him in the following arc, leading to an impromptu team-up
>Piccolo at this point was strong enough to defeat him, but he fucked off to become a Super Saiyan, so it wasn't an issue
>Chilled out after being tamed by pussy

>Raditz
>Is from a point in the series when nobody in the main cast could even put a dent in him until Piccolo did the equivalent of charging his meter from 0 to 5 to hit him with a super

The common factor is that the protagonists had the luxury of strength when the others were redeemed, and the characters were moreover still relevant when they got redeemed. Reviving Raditz this late in the game would just be weird, though meeting up with his ghost wouldn't.

>Kills the MC five episodes in
>weak

Attached: 005-2.jpg (960x540, 104K)

Piccolo killed Goku, Raditz stood there and got full nelson'd like a dumbass

I understand the use of power levels as a narrative device.
The point I'm making is one of objective strength and power.
Considering that they're saying that skill matters more than power by using the plot device of power levels I'd like to point out that Raditz is both a more skilled fighter from a lifetime of being a warrior and objectively stronger.
I'm mostly pointing out technique, if old man Roshi's beam attack can destroy the moon imagine what the attack of somebody more than six times stronger can do.

Even the weakest Saiyans have power on the scale of planetary destruction and Saitama hasn't faced anything on that level, so while it can't be said with absolute certainty, all the evidence points to him being seriously outclassed.

Base Superman would wreck his shit.

Saitama is literally at Calvo level. Vegeta is the only one that stands a chance to beat him at this point.

Attached: 7f9ULZd.jpg (540x719, 142K)

>why was he so weak?

They needed two people to take him down, and then it was the only DBZ fight that was a 2v1.

If only he would just train a little harder

Attached: 6urt.jpg (320x240, 19K)

Leave Saitama to me guys.

Attached: ef32f6e307aabf49b312d96273572b39.jpg (753x1440, 117K)

Saibaman would rape bitchtama.

Why not

Gohan and Krillin vs Guldo
Goku and vegeta vs majin buu
Jeice and Burter vs Goku
Cell jr.s vs Gohan
Z fighters vs Nappa
Gohan, Krillin AND Vegeta vs Recoome

There were plenty of group fights in Z. Like I get what you're saying. It's always really one sided and usually only serves to show how strong the single person is for taking down all the others at the same time.

You could also call SS2 Gohan vs SS2 Perfect Cell a 2v1 since Vegeta contributes at the end, though I'd call that a stretch

he forced Goku to sacrifice himself and Piccolo to use his most powerful attack at full strength to take him out, he was not weak for that point in the story

No, Goku (ignoring his saiyan heritage) was only stronger compared to his enemies and allies because he had access to better teachers/training equipments.
Even back during the Dragon Ball days, he was stronger than his rivals/enemies thanks to Karin and Kami's training.
He only gained enough strength thanks to fight the Saiyans thanks to King Kai's training while Piccolo (his previous rival in power) only trained with kid Gohan.
Piccolo could probably keep up with Goku if King Kai actually taught him Kaio Ken, but Toriyama just has to wank the saiyans and make them do all the important fights after the Frieza saga.
Every training method that Goku used are only used by his allies 1 arc after it was relevant, so they'll always be 1 arc behind in power level compared to Goku (i.e. Krillin and friends only started training with Kami during the saiyan saga, Piccolo and the other dead warriors only started training with King Kai during the Frieza saga, Vegeta only started gravity training during the Cell saga etc,)

cringe

perfect and based

>(raditz) is the only one that get goku kill .
>Posts a picture that clearly has Piccolo killing Goku