Detective Conan

Fujos blown the fuck out

Attached: 6F8E7939-C3E0-44A5-ADD6-8EE3E1BC07EB.jpg (1536x2048, 822K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E-QGttgNdzk
detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Season_1
2erehwon.web.fc2.com/conan/data/anime_1.html
ongakutoyou.com/blog/miyakawa-kun-teams-up-with-takuto-once-again-to-form-a-powerful-unit
twitter.com/tmsanime/status/1128071032588230656
alexshay.tripod.com/Mlistt.txt
xerblade.com/p/detective-conan-important-episode-list.html
a.uguu.se/wPqROuFRAEWX.xhtml
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Mystery nigga in number 7
>Fucking Conan in 8

I have no sides anymore

Attached: 1528773854415.jpg (500x375, 18K)

Silhouette is the main villain after all. I would vote for him too.

>absolutely none of the female characters
>not even boys (female) like Sera
It really is just fujos that read this series at this point isn't it?

Now post the real one.

Attached: reality.jpg (1536x2048, 601K)

Why is conan so low?
I mean, it's clearly a guys poll.

big if hontou

Attached: sugay.png (800x450, 101K)

>I mean, it's clearly a guys poll.
Well you gotta appeal to your audience after all.

>Why is conan so low?

IT's been like twenty years and he still has closed the case, who would vote for a schmuck like that?

>Why is conan so low?
You get your lady boner up for Conan?

KEK

>I mean, it's clearly a guys poll.
The poll says nothing about only polling for male characters, it's just a general character popularity poll. From the context on Twitter it came from the Lashinbang in Ikebukuro, which means the location on Otome Road which caters to female otaku. So a majority or large proportion of those who voted would have been fujos, which explains why no female characters ranked. But it seems like most of the customers treated it like a gag poll anyway.

>But it seems like most of the customers treated it like a gag poll anyway.
Hehe, never mind this line, I finally noticed the real one. The rest of my comment stands. Kid-sama is back in fashion with fujos and BTFO'd Amuro and Akai.

KOI WA ______, _____, ________!

>Mah main man Kid blowing the fuck out of ganguro Gundam pilot
Get fucked. Based phantom thief.

>actual conan thread
nice

>kid beat amuro and akai
thank god, shame conan himself is so low but it depends where the poll was, one had him win iirc

It's only because of the recent movie.

The Gundam pilot nigger also became popular thanks to the movie.

Thrill
Shock
Suspense!

Isn't he a PSB agent or something? What if we had Amuro vs Kid in movie 25?

Now that we actually have a Conan thread, I was wondering if anyone recognizes this art. I don't remember him looking like this in any episodes, but its possible.

Attached: conan label.jpg (269x569, 42K)

I think one of the early ovas/specials most likely.

Could it be from the episode on that tape? It seems to be episode 219.

youtu.be/E-QGttgNdzk

Get away from him, Ran!

Attached: 1557140023156.jpg (960x720, 85K)

Damn, it is 219, I skimmed the entire thing before finding it at the very end when the old woman jumped out of the helicopter. The background is oddly different though. Thanks user, while skimming I realized I managed to forget how weird this episode looked, even though its this one I think of most of the time when recalling the early digital art.

The episode on the tape is 15.

Good guesses, I was thinking OVA because they had a unique style in some back then but I never checked.

Attached: conan 219.png (640x480, 450K)

Here's what the labels look like, taken from the poshmark listing I bought it from a couple weeks ago since their camera is better and I never took full pictures. I have yet to play them, I just finally got home to them Sunday and my friend took them inside while I was away.

Attached: listing crop.png (258x534, 215K)

The reason I guessed 219 is because the description on the label is of that episode. The "15" may refer to the volume number of the tape in that season or in the TV specials. Note the airing date of 8 Jan 2001.

Oh dang, the listing said 15 so I guess they assumed the same about the 15. I thought maybe it just reran at some point but I guess that's kind of a rare thing. Guess I'll have to look up the other 2 as well.

Is there a guide to watching Conan anywhere?

Don't worry, she was just enjoying Kid while she had an excuse.

detectiveconanworld.com/wiki/Season_1
Someone made an essential guide thing but I forgot what it was, this tells you if its a filler or canon though. It's a good wiki, I use it often.

Attached: movies.jpg (640x480, 51K)

Speaking of 219, its getting a fitting remaster aired soon right before the boss reveal case starts.

Attached: episodes.png (1334x614, 71K)

Ran x Kid x Conan is OT3

Attached: super lewd.png (850x1230, 382K)

Middle one is 194-197. Left one is 135-138.
Interestingly, the left one includes the blurb for episode 135 that was printed in the Yomiuri Shimbun ("The mysterious blind spots of the big city") according to 2erehwon.web.fc2.com/conan/data/anime_1.html .
Right one says, "The first special of the 21st century is of (his) destined rival! The deduction battle between Kaito Kid and Conan"

I like how Conan has memorized every inch of Ran's thighs. He must get a good look from his vantage point.

New OP starting with the Maria-chan case. It'll be the whopping 50th opening.

ongakutoyou.com/blog/miyakawa-kun-teams-up-with-takuto-once-again-to-form-a-powerful-unit
>Popular YouTuber Miyakawa Kun announced that he will be teaming up with vocalist Takuto once again—becoming a brand new vocal unit called Only this time—and will release a brand new single titled “ANSWER”. Dropping July 3, “ANSWER” is set to become the new opening theme for the long-running detective anime Detective Conan which will begin airing Jun 1.

>This is not the first time the pair is teaming up with each other; the first was for their hit song “Kamikaze Express”, which was the ending theme for the same anime early last year. “ANSWER” will be written and composed by Miyakawa himself and produced by Nob, the bassist for the band MY FIRST STORY.

>“ANSWER” will be released with four different editions: a standard only CD-only edition, a Detective Conan CD-only edition which will include a TV edited version of “ANSWER”, a CD + DVD limited edition which will include both the music video for “ANSWER” along with a making-of for said video, and a fan club edition for hardcore fans.

Sounds fitting. We've finally made it.

Attached: conan sip.jpg (640x480, 56K)

Cool, thanks user. I know more japanese audibly than written so I wasn't sure what the descriptions were. Those are good episodes. It makes sense that it wasn't just one episode per VHS, I was wondering about that. There were really shitty tapes at my blockbuster a long time ago I believe that did 1 30 minute episode per tape though. I remember when I found tapes with multiple episodes on it I was surprised, but then DVDs took off soon after, then I got internet, etc.

Attached: ai and ayumi castle investigation case II.jpg (640x480, 33K)

1 episode per tape was not uncommon in the early days, but I think that was more typical for for 1-2 cours TV series or OVAs. That would never have worked for a long series like DC because no one has that kind of room in their video store or home, especially not Japanese with their cramped living quarters. Japanese video stores in California would normally fit 4 episodes to a tape for rental and put them up for sale after accumulating a couple of seasons on the shelf.
Recently my mom called me because she found some of my old VHS tapes and floppy disks from my early anime fandom years. It would be nice if some of them contain Conan-related contents, but I won't be able to go visit and check for another few months.

Neat, and even if neither of them have Conan on them they'd still be interesting. I wish I had my old stuff like that. Let us know later on if you happen to be in a Conan thread after the fact. These tapes are the first Conan things I've ever owned, an user mentioned the California store tapes in a thread and I looked them up and found these pretty much instantly, they may or may not be the same but he said the labels were like what they sold. These are the only ones I've found though. The seller was in the US.

Attached: girls.png (640x480, 556K)

God this makes me happy.
twitter.com/tmsanime/status/1128071032588230656

Japan is like the only place I've heard Endgame being beaten, and it was by Conan. It's weird but their major love of DC is so nice. I'd like to see Conan Town once before I die but that's wishful thinking since I'm never getting on an airplane.

I'm that user. I used to have a bunch of Conan stuff back then, the manga, a doujinshi collection, Shounen Sunday issues. Donated all of it to local libraries when I drifted away from anime fandom. I wish I hadn't done that, but I didn't know I would fall back in love with Conan. Anyway, that's in the past now.
I wish it were possible to find more of those tapes for sale online but since they're so old most of them are probably in landfills or forgotten in boxes in people's closets. Also, the Conan VHS fansubs from that era seem to have disappeared into thin air. I mentioned them in previous threads, and wasn't sure if my memory was correct, but I've found proof online that they were real and my vague memories of watching them are real. But it seems like none of them were ever uploaded online, and later generations of fansub groups don't even acknowledge that they ever existed.

Lmao Kid cucked Conan

Oh, I thought so but wasn't sure.
>most of them are probably in landfills or forgotten in boxes in people's closets
This really is such a disappointing thing to realize, I check Ebay pretty often now for specific Conan things but I know it'll probably never show results because of stuff like this. One of the things being these tapes. I didn't even know poshmark was a thing but I google image searched the tapes and found them in the gallery and they happened to be for sale.
>I've found proof online that they were real
What proved it? I believed you though because it's not that far fetched of an idea, and the reasons they weren't saved were likely, such as Conan's presence in the west being very minor back then, and still fairly irrelevant now. There were episodes in my downloads from the old fansubs that say during the eyecatch that they were free releases and people shouldn't buy them but back then it was understandable, now its more of a novelty or for nostalgic purposes.
>none of them were ever uploaded online, and later generations of fansub groups don't even acknowledge that they ever existed.
It really sucks. You'd think there'd be some people who'd want to preserve artifacts of the time like that. I guess since its just the fansubs on a tape rather than exclusive content there's less interest in it. Even still I think unless they're incredibly expensive, they'd be worth grabbing. The internet becoming so heavy over time really helped people make the decision of tossing fansub tapes away too. Or tossing them in a donation bin.

Depending what they were like there's a chance some did end up in the landfill even unintentionally. Goodwill, or the one someone I know works at, wont take certain tapes if there arent identifying labels. They debated on recorded stuff that had hand written names on the tape but decided against it. If they get tapes like that they throw it away. I got that guy bringing me recorded tapes that come in.

Attached: one truth.png (1296x864, 1.71M)

He's gonna get #1 soon, you guys!

Attached: just a prank.jpg (640x480, 57K)

Do you think Japan would be interested in a movie from his perspective? Like that spinoff manga but as a film and probably less goofy. They already seem to want focus to be on other people than Conan in his own films now.

Can they get sued for this?

Attached: EP928_Windows10.png (994x558, 802K)

>What proved it?
I found my old college anime club's website in the Wayback Machine and in their library listings I saw the DC video copies that I remember donating to them in exchange for some old mahou shoujo, heh. Also while poking around online I found this alexshay.tripod.com/Mlistt.txt , the oldest reference I could find to fansubs of Conan existing as early as 1997. I also found a few other old fansub distro websites listing Conan tapes but I'd have to hunt around again for the links.
Now I'm pretty sure I watched VHS fansubs up to at least the Kiritengu case, and the first few movies.
>They debated on recorded stuff that had hand written names on the tape but decided against it.
Mom and pop Japanese video stores often had handwritten labels on all of their tapes, I imagine their old tapes would have gotten thrown away if they ever made it to a secondhand store. Most fansub tapes had handwritten labels too, except some really professional distro outfits like Kodocha.

Cool, I guess all we can do is keep looking. I'll be sure to mention if I find anything.

Attached: sherlock.png (640x480, 338K)

Those DC novels that were never translated are up on ebay.

Attached: dcn.jpg (1600x1070, 334K)

Attached: dcn 2.jpg (1600x1070, 372K)

STOP.RUINING.MY.CHILDHOOD.
conan is NOT a fujo shitshow

Amuro was a mistake.

is #7 wearing black face?

#7 is just black

All the crime in the Conan universe is committed by blacks

Attached: my dad says it a lot.jpg (724x1678, 210K)

No, that person's supposed to be a mystery.

Fujos have kind of ruined Kid for me. Ever since I heard that drama CD of him kissing Conan, I can't help seeing some homo undertones to his interaction with him now. I think his characterization has been undergoing fujo-pandering influence in the past few movies too.

>that drama CD of him kissing Conan
Is that the source of that weird youtube movie 23 trailer line from kid?

No, I went back and checked that track but that's from something else. So there are at least two different audio sources of Kid saying something gay to Conan.

I'm addicted to this OP. Conan is such a handsome boy.

Attached: 1533281246664.webm (640x480, 793K)

Awful, and yet the only dialogue tease for Conan x Ran I can think of is the english dub VA for her saying she'd keep Conan company at night in a sultry voice. I hope that isn't actually the only time.

Attached: Detective Conan - 001 [v2][Remastered][960x720].jpg (960x720, 128K)

man, what happened

Attached: conan.jpg (914x514, 285K)

only if they were as autistic as the inazuma eleven

Attached: file.png (591x519, 788K)

We definitely need more Conan x Ran fanservice in general, when there's so much potential for it. Fujos shouldn't have all the fun. And unlike fujoshit, it would make Conan happy too.

Attached: 1532103371050.png (934x1067, 337K)

You'd think the fujos would have moved to something else since gay characters of any kind haven't been featured and they haven't been pandered to until Amuro started being so-so. All the people we've met per episode on cases and they're all straight. Eisuke even saw that buff woman with a guy and freaked out thinking it was gay.

It's a little strange how fervent and aggressive the fujo fanbase for DC has become. It wasn't always like this. The fact that the series is now so long may work against it because it seems like a lot of those people don't bother to read/watch much of it, instead just sticking to the movies and fanworks. They'll openly say things like how it doesn't make sense that Shinichi and the other male characters have female love interests. They pretty much live in their own world. There's really no need to pander to them because they'll make up their own headcanons anyway.

Attached: 1533152637506.jpg (1764x1796, 309K)

Jesus

>Both Kid and Bourbon/Amuro/Furuya have all their votes in one basket
>Shuichi and Shinichi have theirs split between different identities.
That ain't fair.

Attached: jesus.png (1032x642, 886K)

Most Amuro fans just want to fuck him themselves. only hardcore fujos want him to fuck Akai/Conan etc. Fujos are minority but a louder bunch.

KidXRan also has potential

Advertisements for the Conan movie were literally everywhere

Endgame was too.

Attached: iron man conan.jpg (3241x2046, 1.76M)

Getting vibes Sapphire isn't going to beat Zero.

Seeing Conan threads remind me of my childhood, thanks anons.

Attached: conan thumbs up.png (592x446, 317K)

Attached: ayumi NO.png (1314x361, 585K)

Probably the manga finest moment right there

So this is a series is for women and panders to them? Nice. And boys do look cute. Should I read Manga or watch the anime?

there's a lot wrong with your post

Attached: conan movies.jpg (1500x1000, 371K)

>first conan movie dubbed for america in nearly 10 years
>its the amuro movie
>next choice is kid cucking conan

Attached: suffering.jpg (832x624, 59K)

Attached: snowy mountain lodge conans.jpg (1920x1440, 639K)

Someone kill Bourbon
Worst character of the fucking manga

Attached: 0XA.jpg (1040x1747, 155K)

Ai should just give up while she's ahead. She's never gonna get that Shinicherry. Better just get with Mitsuhiko in the future.

>movie doing good on japan

Feels nice to be a Conan fan. Any news on the next movie after this?

Akai shoots off a tv tower during the Olympics.

It feels good to hear Japan's huge love for it so often but it doing good in Japan for the movies has been ramping up more. The first movie was humble, I believe the lowest selling one. Then around like Movie 13 iirc everything started getting over the top and being an action film and that along with "fan" favorites showing up was why everyone started going to see them.

cute girl

Attached: ai kick.gif (498x280, 1.21M)

KID got away again because they went full retard and huddled him.

Doesn't explain the arm thing, when Ran grabbed Shinichi in that one case he was turning back to Conan they bothered to explain it and rationalize it with knocking her out and cutting a hole and stitching Conan's outfit on before she woke up.

Poor Tequila

That opening is from ages ago.
Don't ask me from when exactly, but more than 10 years ago.

Looked it up 2003.

here senpai

Attached: 13.webm (640x480, 1.12M)

You don't understand fujos if you think they care about canon. Only rabid western fujos want their ships to be canon and the characters they like to be gay. Nip fujos know it's delusions and enjoy it that way, it's not strange for fujos to like female characters and canon het ships too. Although there's always a couple of crazies in every fanbase.

>hasn't been mentioned in like a decade and a half

Is it really doing well? Anyone see it?

>Is it really doing well?
every year

Attached: mitsuhiko and haibara.webm (640x480, 2.99M)

Attached: conan2019_avengers.jpg (782x1200, 155K)

Name 3 bad things about Amuro.

ア, ム and ロ.

Overrated smelly boy

Anime or manga?

Did they change something in the remaster?

Manga > anime
Characters are more consistent, overarching plot more coherent, and there aren't hundreds of shitty filler episodes that the anime has especially in later seasons.

xerblade.com/p/detective-conan-important-episode-list.html
Every episode that's enlisted here is either the main plot or something you might not want to miss (new inventions of Agasa, character developments, Kaito Kid, Metropolitan Police Love Story, etc.)

Just tossing this one out there
a.uguu.se/wPqROuFRAEWX.xhtml