Can we all agree anime should NOT be influenced by Westshit cartoons?

Can we all agree anime should NOT be influenced by Westshit cartoons?

Attached: 230px-FLCL_image.jpg (230x321, 31K)

Fuck realism
anime should be more cartoony

But FLCL2 and 3 were based more on anime culture than the original FLCL, and look how that turned out.

No. All the great authors have been influenced by western cartoons.
What should not happen is Americans getting involved in the anime industry in any way.

Don't respond to this faggot.

We just had this thread yesterday. Was all that bullshit trolling still not enough to stroke your fragile ego? We all destroyed every single one of your arguments yesterday. You're not even worth arguing with anymore, this qualifies as spamming now. Just fuck off already.

Can we all agree OP is a faggot?

Attached: the-mask-.jpg (555x821, 75K)

Other than having a hodgepodge of homages and references to western media, FLCL is still in every sense of the term a Japanese invention. Particularly when you consider the era in which it was made.

I get that now it’s considered trendy and acceptable in the West (or America in particular) to flaunt being a fan FLCL, but back when it first came out, that shit was very much incredibly peverted and weird by the standards of every other anime that had ever previously been shown on cable television. You could say you like Sailor Moon and you would get less odd looks than if you said you like FLCL.

I feel bad for you Americans if FLCL was considered the most racy thing to have been shown on television for anime fans at the time.

We still can't show Ranma on cable tv.

you're at least 60 years too late

We had Ranma on public TV but they cut out all the instances of tits, still had plenty of shower scenes and lewd shit. But then we also had Dr. Slump and that one they showed 100% uncut... on public TV as well.
I was well-versed in anime already when FLCL came out, and it still blew me away.

I think it’s funny that we got Tenchi Muyō and a bunch of it’s spinoffs before a lot of other arguably less stranger things, and not only just on cable television, but on primetime kids network TV, and that shit is basically a harem series.

I think the issue is not that we can’t, but rather at this point it’s so dated that it probably wouldn’t have much appeal. It definitely wasn’t allowed to appear on cable tv back when it first came out, but there has since been way way more controversial and racy shit than Ranma to have appeared on [as] and CC and the like.

The only nudity I seem to recall in [as] or CC is always male nudity, and is always censored.

Didn't [as] air Kill la Kill a few years ago?

There's not one single female nipple in Kek la Kek.

Still basically nudity. Also, cable TV wouldn't allow uncensored female nipples either way.

Anime's existence comes from copying Western cartoons though

Specifically copying Disney and Fleischer cartoons.

if it makes a better product, why not?