Paprika

How was Konakawa talking with Paprika and not Dr. Chiba in his apartment after waking up from his dream in the beginning of the movie? That seems to be the person he literally saw in his apartment and not just a way of depicting how Dr. Chiba was operating as Paprika in her own mind since later on in the movie he feels the need to ask Dr. Shima if Chiba is Paprika.

Attached: Paprikaa.jpg (1080x1080, 74K)

early hint that the DC mini is infecting the real world

Paprika is not Chiba. She's a distinct person born from Chiba's heavy use of the DC mini.

Could it be that Kanakawa is still dreaming?

No, that interpretation fails to address the opening sequence.

In which way?

anyone?

Is it good?

nope
it doesnt make any sense

lmao like basically any Satochi Kon shit

It's heavily implied that the origin of the Paprika persona was Dr. Chiba using the DC mini to protect her identity while acting as an amateur therapist. She wants to test and use the DC Mini to help people well before such a device would be approved.

Could you elaborate on your statement on Paprika being a separate persona? I was always under the assumption it was Dr. Chiba's uninhibited self.

Yes, it does. She's not Paprika for Konakawa just in his dreams: She's always Paprika on these calls. She uses the DC mini to adjust his perception, cognition or memory so he only ever recalls meeting Paprika. Since this is an edge case and unintended use for the DC Mini, I think Dr. Chiba tries to keep her "awake" time for her visits as low as possible.

I think this is why Dr. Chiba is ready to handle the chaos wrought by the system: She's done the parlor trick equivalent on a regular basis in a closed environment.

Also why the bartenders can enter the dream-world? I mean, Paprika says internet and dreams are alike, but still they cannot merge together, logically

Is there a re-release coming or something? Why so many threads?

>She uses the DC mini to adjust his perception, cognition or memory so he only ever recalls meeting Paprika.
What? That's not what DC Mini can do

Did we watch the same film?

Humor aside, the ability to read and modify someone's dreamscape is inherently the ability to alter their mind. That's a lot of the point.

Wow, this makes the movie even more dull.

worst Kon movie

Paprika's shit. Paranoia Agent and Perfect Blue are Kon's only good works.

Can't agree with that because Millennium Actress made me cry my eyes out

Millenium Actress is the third best but the end is pretty heavy-handed.

agreed, even if i dont believe to much in that theory that Tadokoro is Me-Mania
what do you think?

But the entire movie was pointless

I never heard of that theory before, but even though it's been over 2 years since I watched it I'm pretty confident in calling it bullshit.

>expecting "logic" from a movie about dreams and surrealism

Attached: 1488972748224.jpg (898x886, 69K)

Paprika is overrated desu

so is millennium actress

Probably some YouTuber made video on it.

Could it be that Paprika and most of Satoshi Koons movies are incomprehensible pseudo intellectual garbage?

No that can't be it.
>dude shrooms lol

Attached: u7h8x4aosmu21.jpg (640x631, 30K)