Do you think anime would become better if piracy got killed for good and only paying customers could consume it?

Do you think anime would become better if piracy got killed for good and only paying customers could consume it?

Attached: 1557931100825.gif (500x281, 1021K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amiami.com/eng/search/list/?s_maker_id=5484
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It would be worse than now because aside from mandatory premium access, they can still milk people in many other ways.

See NHK that go house to house and force you to sign up if you have a tv.

People in Japan already have access to anime for free from their TV, the only people who would be hurt by killing piracy would be foreigners.

People pirating aren't likely to pay if pirating was shut down anyway

Wouldn't know as I wouldn't be watching it anymore.

> got killed for good
Not possible. If you can watch it, you can copy it.

I myself don't pay for anime, but I would if there was something like steam for anime. Pirate stuff -> enjoy stuff -> buy stuff, just like I do with games.

It would be better if every western anime fan was a pirate.

Just sign up for a Crunchyroll subscription. You want to support anime don't you?

Steam already sells anime
Bought gabriel dropout for like 5 bucks last sale, shame its sponsored by CR, i'd like to see more companies use digital platforms for worldwide distribution

Yeah it sure would be great if the only anime you'd be able to watch or manga you'd be able to read is what's licensed to air on Crunchyroll/Netflix/Funi's thing or licensed by Viz/Seven Seas/etc. There's so much fucking manga I read that they refuse to license. It's infuriating. And even if something is licensed, chances are if I'm going to pay money for it it's something I've already been reading with scans for a while. I don't just go to bookstores and pick out manga that look cool anymore.

Japan just needs to launch streaming services to foreign markets and stop using middle men.

Manga and Anime producers are notoriouslylow paid. Nothing makes any money unless insanely popular. Still needs to have robust bludisc and merch sales in Japan to he considered a successful property. Yet they cut themselves out of so much revenue, by using foreign middle men and pretending foreign markets don't matter.

A lot of anime is not on crunchy and some more are not available in my country, you can't use 3rd party subs, you still pay even if you didn't watch anything new this month (or so I heard). Come back when crunchy is at least as good as pirating (there's a reason I mentioned steam specifically).

Crunchy/Funi split really hurt. I'm still subbed to CR because fuck Funi and Sony, but I do revert to pirating when I need to.

Cool, hope its range of anime grows.

>streaming
Lurk more.

You want to suck dicks, don't you?

Also forgot to mention. Money from cr sub goes where exactly? I'd like to support studios that I watch, not everyone.

If you really want to support the show, buy official merchandise & BDs from Japan.

Are you retarded? Do you think they take into account the pirating consumers?

Some studios sell stuff
amiami.com/eng/search/list/?s_maker_id=5484
There's also the kyoani shop

Attached: 1494763472022.gif (500x650, 840K)

To the producers you retard.
>studios get hired to make the anime so now they own the IP

t. Crunchyshill
Nips make jackshit from Crunchyroll

I think Chihaya stinks

Attached: 1557471953367.jpg (921x640, 100K)

Crunchyroll has like 2 shows in my country

>would anime be better if we encouraged shameless broadest-possible-audience-money-grubbing?

Let me answer your question with another, OP - setting aside XIV, when was the last time you played a legitimately good Final Fantasy game? If your answer is anything more recent than 2001, you're either underage or lying.

I would love to pay to watch anime without any hassle. Unfortunately outside of the US all those streaming services are heavily limited, based on some licensing issues. Netflix for example can't even show their own show Lillihammer, because they sold it to some random distributor before they accessed my market. I tried crunchy and netflix and canceled both after the free month. I will always pick the most comfy comfy option and currently it's still pirating by far. I would be willing to pay up to 200$ a month to have a comparable experience.