Be honest Yea Forums what country would you live in it?

Be honest Yea Forums what country would you live in it?

Hardmode: No traveling with Kino

Attached: 14415l.jpg (638x900, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/08XLlMmx-Y4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The giant roving tank country that destroys everything in it's path

I'd travel alone.

Chaldea. Because I get to interact with various historical figures and maybe travel in different time periods. I'm fine with dying due to said activities.

Attached: 1556894824553.jpg (727x960, 77K)

Which servant would you make your wife?

Yeah, this probably.

I hope there's a new Kino anime soon. I'm reading the LNs but it's cool seeing stuff animated. Shame some of the stories wouldn't translate well to anime. The Land of Free Press and Homecoming were both great stories but I don't see how they could be done in an anime.

Nobu of course. We can totally bond over our love of guns and warfare.

Attached: 1551451192873.jpg (1302x1842, 312K)

What were those? I don't remember

>Land of Free Press
Most of the chapter is made up of newspaper articles and opinion pieces on a traveler having come to their town and killing someone who the traveler says tried to steal his motorrad. Some people defend the traveler, saying the person who was shot was a notorious drunk and the traveler was acting in self defense, and some people say the traveler should have been prosecuted. At the end of the chapter Kino is the one reading all these articles and Hermes says that the traveler is described as really similar to Kino, but Kino says she probably wouldn't have killed the guy.

>Homecoming
Told from the perspective of some random citizen that left his country when he was young but decided he wanted to go back and live there and see everyone he knew again. He had a young female friend that he would play with a lot and when he gets near his town again he sees who he thinks is her bathing in the river. As he goes up to try and surprise her it's actually Kino, who shoots and kills him. Kino and Hermes wonder who it was but decide it was a bandit or something. They then talk about the town they're next to, that was ravaged by a plague shortly after the man in the story left it and everyone has been dead for years.

I also like the chapters where Kino visits some place and then Shizu visits the same place later and it's different.

Wasn't Homecoming done in some ova or something? That could be done pretty easily in an anime format though. It's just be from a different perspective, kinda like how Kino shows up in the Ship Country.

Yeah Free Press probably can't be done in anime format though. Maybe if you change the reader? It'd be hard to do it so that that auidence doesnt realize something important is being hidden right away.

>Wasn't Homecoming done in some ova or something?
If it was, I don't know which one. I'm pretty sure I've watched every Kino anime. The original had an OVA and short movie, plus the Shaft short movie, and none of them were of that story. And yeah, when I was typing that out I remembered some of the episodes in the 2017 version told from different perspectives so maybe Homecoming could work.

The problem with Land of Free Press is that you can either actually show the events happening or just have the newspapers on screen the entire time. The former method would quickly show that Kino isn't the traveler they're talking about unless you portray it all in maybe silhouettes. The latter method would be pretty shit in an anime since it would be nothing but words. Looking it back over though it could maybe be done with TV news reports and interviews rather than with newspapers and that might work better in an anime.

The cunt with the guns. It's an ancap paradise

Attached: 1399660667402.gif (285x171, 982K)

The Land Of Permitted Murder

Attached: 1495120912780.jpg (1280x1540, 550K)

I want to live with Photo!

Attached: [Erai-raws] Kino no Tabi The Beautiful World - The Animated Series - 06 [720p][Multiple Subtitle].mk (1280x720, 359K)

>Kino wouldn't kill for stealing but kills for peeking
What the fuck.

She killed him because he aimed a gun at her. It was unloaded because he thought it was his friend who he had played similarly with as a kid but all Kino saw was someone pointing a gun at her. She even says she thought he was just a peeping tom and was surprised when he pointed a gun at her.

Kino wants to get married she has to keep her body pure from male eyes above all else.
If you see, you must not live to tell the tale.
Hermes doesnt count though

The one that let's me keep Kino as my personal onahole.

My nigga

Also she destroyed his heart and brain.

>The bullet did not miss its aim. It pierced the man’s chest, destroying his heart. Another bullet quickly followed and entered through the man’s mouth, penetrating his upper jaw and reaching the brain. The two shots thundered in the forest, making the birds leave their nests. The dead man, still aiming at Kino, splashed up water ostentatiously as he fell into the river.

Oh so the country where they wipe the memories of every traveller that passes though
You'd have to share though

The best country to live was that one where you have the best time of your life but won't remember anything if you leave.

Why does Kino hate sheep so much?

Attached: KinoSheepMassacre.webm (710x400, 2.99M)

They tried to fuck with her. You don't fuck with Kino.

I thought the Land of Fireworks seemed like a really comfy place. If we had a longer Kino show I'd like to see that one adapted as just a comfy slice of life episode, since I think it's the closest Kino ever gets to just getting a vacation without some terrible tragedy occurring.

I'd rather live in Majo no Tabitabi world.

Attached: 6b04772bc8bc308d1f2a79886a75ac35.jpg (1200x1705, 261K)

I read the first chapter and didnt care for it all that much. Translation might have just been really shit though and it was only the first chapter. I'll get back to it sometime.

Dumb witch

Extremely smart and beautiful witch.

Attached: 6fff0b61b3efae271630bf184fea4cfd.png (1500x1372, 1.96M)

>Country is literally fully automated
>People have to do completely worthless chores anyways just to have a vector of productivity to fairly distribute wealth with

Attached: 1538128250310.png (451x537, 104K)

First volume translation is pretty mediocre but it still keeps getting better and better with new chapters and some stories are great. I liked volumes 2-3 better than Kino. Shame translations are dead for half a year.

She doesn't even kill anyone like wtf

What about the country that has Kino make a signature dish for them?

Attached: KinoCook.webm (852x480, 387K)

Well, people around her are doing a pretty good job killing themselves.

That one where they wipe your memory once you left

Is the new Kino worth a watch?

Attached: 1510609157203.png (853x480, 356K)

Only if you hate sheeps

This chapter was kinda wierd, but I liked it.

Attached: 1528921703165.jpg (1280x1822, 712K)

Ok, granted nothing bad happened to Kino but something terrible did happen to the country. Overall I consider that story a tragedy.

I think it's really good. It's not as good as the 2003 adaptation but they only have 3 stories in common and the new stories are all cool and don't have really major problems with them. If you want the best version of it though you have to read the LN. It's too short though for how many non-Kino stories there are. And it doesn't seem to be put together in any coherent way. The three day rule is broken quite a bit in the series but then Hermes freaks out when she wants to stay more than three days in a country later on (the Kind Country episode).

brainlet fatefag

Kino never just straight up decides to break the rule because she wants to, she just plays a little loose with the rule when necessary. Her desire to stay in the kind country was significant because it was the only time she ever disregarded the spirit of the rule, not breaking it technically.

The Country of Majority, obviously. Fuck kings.

Attached: 05. Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World [Hi10p AAC][kuchikirukia].mkv_snapshot_16.03.429.jpg (710x478, 47K)

I call a vote that you have to sodomize yourself with a fire hydrant.

And I vote not to do that.
See the system works.

I too vote for user to sodomize himself with the hydrant

I vote yes, now spread that asshole.

The country where you can kill people. It seemed peaceful enough and they had great crepes!

The country where everybody is a liar also seemed pretty fun.

That's fine and all but I just think the 2017 anime doesn't give enough context for why Kino wanting to stay longer than 3 days shocks Hermes. I think it's mentioned once in like episode 1 and then you have several episodes of Kino staying somewhere for 5+ days. They also somehow thought it was a good idea to have Kind Country before Kino's backstory. I did like the flashback with the master though and it answered the questions I had about the weaponsmith in Kind Country when I was watching the original. I'm pretty sure the guy with the master in the flashback is the weaponsmith, or at least that's the vibe I got when watching the 2017 version.

The fact that Kino gets Woodsman from that guy but was using it throughout the series also confused me but I guess it's just that the stories weren't being told in chronological order.

hermes doesn't have eyes of course he doesn't count

Hermes seems to be able to see to some extent. He's more like an animal though than another person and people generally don't care about being seen naked by a pet for instance. Hermes probably isn't into human chicks anyway.

Sheep genocide best day of my life

I vote yes also, also report to the execution grounds later for not wanting to sodomize yourself traitor

This is a classic attempt at voter fraud. I vote that this individual gets their voting right removed.

This.

Attached: 1556800008635.jpg (1013x1013, 68K)

The country where residents throw parties for travellers with weird traditions, e.g. wearing cat ears.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Kino no Tabi (2017) - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_07.32.jpg (1920x1080, 115K)

loli kino a cute

youtu.be/08XLlMmx-Y4

This series is wonderful. A worthy successor to Kino. After reading all translated volumes I probably like it a bit more than Kino.

Attached: c21e42d9b8d1fb8c0bbb4f0f236afb2b.jpg (1000x1422, 373K)

quick rundown

That one with an active volcano so It would kill me

Eh, it's like Kino but with witches in XVIII century fantasy world. Less philosophy but better characters and some really great stories.

It's also ranking really well in last two years so it's probably getting anime soon.

Why are you guys posting nu-Kino?

Attached: kino-no-tabi-1.jpg (500x333, 47K)

post proto-nu-kino

Attached: Movie 2 - Kino no Tabi - Country of Illness -For You- (2007) [Hi10p 5.1 AC3][kuchikirukia]-0004.png (853x480, 1.89M)

Nu-Kino looks more like Kino in the LNs after the first few volumes and I like the design more than potato Kino.

Personally I think this Kino was the cutest but I might be biased because it's also the only one that keeps the earflaps down.

This is cutest Kino

Attached: 02. Kino no Tabi - the Beautiful World [Hi10p AAC][kuchikirukia]-0001.png (839x478, 2.01M)

Is Kino for lewd?

Attached: 1545843074947.gif (500x341, 221K)

Old-LN Kino > New-LN Kino.

Attached: 220px-Kino_no_Tabi_volume_1_cover.jpg (220x310, 28K)

Still doesn't look like 2003 anime Kino.

That episode is such a telescope to the future that it's terrifying.

My mind can't still digest Kino being a girl, not even with lewds, and I love tomboys
Some user wants to change my mind?

Nah, Kino is perfect as Kino. No need to change that perception. Nor to lewd her.

Post cute Kino then

Attached: 5bd.jpg (400x300, 19K)

Attached: [KAA] Kino no Tabi _ the Beautiful World - 05-00_05_07-00001.png (261x424, 170K)

>My mind can't still digest Kino being a girl
for what reason, I never had this problem since I always thought she was a girl but this could be because my first exposure to the series was pic related

Attached: 18ac177f234c7fb1d6bfd6c31bd543d5.png (726x1204, 741K)

She's not really a tomboy.
She's just androgynous by necessity.

Attached: 1508511329088.jpg (2080x720, 351K)

Sakura

2010 a best

It's either that or Poppy.
Maybe Lily.

Attached: 1513970933879.jpg (1920x1080, 242K)

Damn, in 2007 she was STACKED

00 > 03 > 05 > 07 > 17 Kuroboshi > 17 Amisaki> 10 > 17 Gou > 17 Shiomiya

It was revealed in one of the chapters that she was named after the fields of red flowers outside of her country, presumably the same ones she falls down in after escaping with Hermes. I'm no expert on flowers but poppies are red so I guess it could be that. The question then is whether the Japanese name for poppy can be turned into an insult.

You just have to save up enough good boy points to get away with it.

>amazing marksman and outdoorsman
>not a tomboy

I think I'd seen lots of threads about Kino no Tabi before I started watching/reading it and they all always talked about her being a girl so I went into it knowing about that.

I brought this up in some other thread and after reading what someone said it makes more sense that her name is Poppy. Though I imagine it's some Japanese name that comes from the word for that plant. I haven't been able to find what that might be. If it is just Poppy then what's the insults from that name? Poopy?

Attached: 69773667_p4_master1200.jpg (244x703, 163K)

That's another country. The one he's talking about it's legal to kill people but if you try the entire town is going to kill you and so the town is really safe and peaceful.

Imagine.

Attached: kino derriere.jpg (595x842, 159K)

Kino is a skeleton.

It's true that I don't think we know for sure what language people are supposed to be speaking in-setting so it's entirely possible Kino's native language is English and her name was originally just Poppy. Poopy sounds about right for a childish insult based on her name. And if that were the case I would understand why she didn't like her name.

Will Kino ever settle down with Shizu and his adopted psycho child?

Attached: 66226850_p0.jpg (500x375, 94K)

Hate how green they made her, want to find out how to repaint my pic related

Attached: FIGURE-035762_01.jpg (550x800, 101K)

The road is no place to start and raise a family.

Where did you get this?

There are so few lewds of OG Kino, but there is a lot of the new one

the one where the volcano killed everyone

I'd live anywhere I could be with kino and make babies with her

Where's the country where rape is legal but if you try and rape someone you're raped by the whole town? Actually, that guy with the good boy points saved up could have raped Kino with no repercussions.

>could have raped Kino with no repercussions
>could have tried to rape Kino and received a .44 caliber bullet in his head as a repercussion*

still worth it

He wouldn't even get his pants off before Kino kills him.

Kino itself isn't a Japanese name, (nor Hermes) we really don't have much reason to believe her original name had to be Japanese. It could have easily been Poppy.

I'm just still attached to how similar the series wanted to portray Sakura.

Attached: KinoHermesJojo.jpg (659x2048, 283K)