Dr. Stone is basically an Isekai series. Think about it...

Dr. Stone is basically an Isekai series. Think about it, MC(s) gets turned to stone and wakes up 3000 years later yet it's like he got isekaid into a stone world. Making him the smartest guy in town and almost everyone else practically braindead in front of his greatness. Every time he uses his "modern (= the world he isekaid from)" shit to solve whateber stupid problem and becomes the fucking chief of the village and shit. I don't hate the series, it's better than a lot of jump series, but its dumb af.

Attached: DFp7ziTUQAASZ3D.jpg (876x1200, 213K)

Did they leave Earth though?

>series is dumb
>series that focuses on both educating the readers through an interesting plot and using that knowledge to progress the story
>dumb

So, Planet of the apes is a Isekai?

OP, your final conclusion is a non-sequitur. Whether you can put the isekai-label on Dr Stone or not has nothing to do with whether you think the series is "dumb af". Quality of writing and classification of the genre are separate issues.

hot take. I agree. "I wuvs da sciunce" does not impress me.

YES

Attached: giphy.gif (200x200, 494K)

I'm not even up to date with it right now, but the series, but it's hardly dumb.
The main aspect of the series is doing cool science shit, everything else is subservient to that purpose, setting is the way it is because it was easy to work with for the purposes of the science shit.
Yeah, I agree, it is technically isekai but I think it's completely justified and lumping it up with all the low effort wish fulfillment isekai shit we're bombarded with nowadays is just unfair.

What difference does it make?

I like the premise of Dr. Stone but every time I read it it just makes me want to play Factorio instead

It’s a native Isekai

all isekai are dumb af every single one

>X is basically Y
>Think about it!
No good argument has ever started like this. What's is exactly your point? What statement are you making about the manga that is in any case an interesting commentary on it?
Honest question. I don't even read Dr. Stone, but these hyper-reductive arguments are just silly.

everyone agreeing with any of the OP's points needs to drink the finest Bleach from their cleanest sippy cup

Quite the hot take you got there.

This was a fun manga but now every one's becoming too Gary Stu-ish. It's too boring now with everyone being a fucking genius.

Have you even caught up with the translations? Almost everybody important is fucking dead.

Escaflowne and Digimon Adventure aren't dumb

Getting put into a world not your own is one of the 5 types of plots every story is made from

Dragon Ball is also Isekai
>saiyan baby transport to earth and becoming god in it with his cheated skill
see, Isekai as fuck

Every high school anime where a student is transfered to a new school is isekai and therefore bad.

It is a time isekai.

>Dr Stone is an Isekai!!!!
>no it's a native isekai!!!!

>one of the main plot lines is the passing of vital information over generations from people in the 21st century (our world) to the Stone World, creating a clear connection between them

It's a post-apocalypse series, that's the best I can offer, isekai-fags.

>native isekai
That's a fucking oxymoron.

they are especially dumb

That people from his world have made a crucial impact on the stone world as it is during the story
That the scientific methods he uses (apart from depetrification) also work in our world
That people who are depetrified all come form the same world at the same time, and their statues exist
That the one (person? company? aliens?) who petrified the world in the first place might even still be around

I actually enjoy Dr. Stone a lot. It's one of my most anticipated mangas very week, because it can do some crazy shit. Besides current Shounen Jump is mostly shit, so it's refreshingly good

>temporarily petrified
>dead

Attached: zSXePmY.jpg (483x340, 51K)

OP is an isekai cock lover

Escaflowne is super stupid. Probable the worst one. Sao looks like a máster piece next to it

It is isekai and it is the dumbest shit of a manga in decades. It's rare to find a manga these days that can compare to this level of stupidity and lack of practical logic.
Even more so, it's entire reality flow is way too easy going and has too much convenience for it to be anything else but either a coma induced dream or an isekai. Senku just pulls solutions out of his asshole and all of his projects are met with enthusiasm and flawless success. Literally most of the problems Senku tries to solve with "science" could have been solved through more practical and straightforward means, the dude is nothing more than a tripping autist in his own little fantasy world. No one really dies because "stone magic" and "science", fuck off. And less said about the astronuts and coming back to earth filled with technology and the whole arsenal of modernity on their disposal, but fuck no we live in the wild because we're too lazy to walk, make boats and go to the cities. And what in the fuck was with the astroniggers actually making a village that was in walking distance from where Senku and co from the city we're located? I don't think Inagaki is all there at the moment, probably abusing god knows what substance to miss such crucial plot points to appease his randomness.

I gave it a fair shot and I was patient, but boy did this disappoint to no measure.

I don't think you can possibly call Escaflowne stupid in a thread about Dr. Stone. Escaflowne at least plays it's logic straight and what does not follow it is left alone or mystified, as should be the case with every story with fantasy elements not just isekai.

Isekai means another world, Dr. stone never changes worlds. Dr. Stone is an Ijikan.

It isn't though. Native Isekai means native to another world. As long as the manga/anime is set in a different world than earth then it is a native isekai.

Neanderthal ignoramus.

No. Science is cool.

It's fucking stupid, hurrdurr we hit two rocks together and made sparks so now we have nuclear power durrhurr

All this NaCl

>this much CO (C2H4)n

whats with his hair?

>Change in the setting is the definition of isekai
Why am I responding to bait

Kill yourself

The state of this board. All went to shit when it became 4channel. Soon they will add profanity filter probably

Okay this fucking thread made me spent 4 hours of my life reading this damn manga. Fuck you guys.

How does any of that relate to it being an isekai or not?

>Yea Forumsutists don't understand the meaning of the word "basically"

Attached: g8kuC0N.jpg (590x720, 89K)