Tfw you realize Gundam SEED is actually good

>tfw you realize Gundam SEED is actually good
Why was I lied to?

Attached: [TenB] Gundam Seed - 40 [1280x720 Hi10P BD FLAC][79664435][00:23:03]001.png (1280x720, 1.38M)

better than 00 and iron blood at least

>KIRA
>ASSRAM
Every fucking time

00 is several times better tham seed or seed destiny

and? it's kino every time.

Attached: [TenB] Gundam Seed - 39 [1280x720 Hi10P BD FLAC][C8CFE7D6][00:14:24]001.png (1280x720, 793K)

no way fag

Destiny is the bad one

shut up

It's great fun. I'd kill for more

seed resurrected gundam from near extinction, of course it’s good

Because destiny WAS bad

Seed is passable. Destiny is the one that's just outright awful.

Thanks to the previous thread 2~3 weeks ago I'd marathon both seed and destiny and made me remember who was my childhood waifu

Attached: Flay Allster.gif (320x180, 494K)

still have her figure and of the destiny sisters too

you’re welcome

00 sucks

Never watch Destiny. It stains Seed pretty badly with its bullshit.

strike freedom its a pretty cool gundam

>the series that gave us based Strike Gundam
Story may be shit, but it gave us a suit so damn good it was chosen as protag for the 2 build fighters series

Attached: N2486322001001_001[1].jpg (1200x1200, 342K)

i just got a boner

The Strike Gundam is hands down the best Spiritual Successor to the RX-78. A clean, balanced and non-special snowflake design that doesn't just ooze beam spam.

it can’t be THAT bad

SEED and SEED Destiny was always good, they are the best Gundam shows for a reason.

Never watch the remasters though, they're utter trash.

the remasters are literally the only thing making them watchable in 2019
are you retarded?

lol, you're one of this fags who likes to watch upscaled 720p with shitton of garbage smoothing graphic filters that fuck up every detail and line?

NICOL WAS 15!

Exia > Strike

00 1st season, yes.
00 2nd season, HELL NO. It fell apart completely.

Same with IBO.
Great 1st season, 2nd season was good until MA, then went downhill.

Where the fuck can I find the dvd version though? I started a rewatch recently and all I could find was remastered. And as you said the 4:3 stuff from the original cropped down to 16:9 looking like blurry shit. Having a small mix newly animated scenes in there as well next to the old shit is jarring as hell.

Attached: [SanKyuu] Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - 01 (BD 720p HEVC 2OPUS) [C709E180].mkv_snapshot_05.39_[2019.05.1 (1280x720, 421K)

The Strike is such a boring by-the-numbers design. Duel was a cleaner more elegant design.

Attached: 18163-5.jpg (750x1000, 117K)

Gundam SEED is good. It's Destiny that is pants-on-head retarded. I mean it has a vegetable Kira who only gets life in his eyes and normal human phrases when he gets to pilot a Gundam. And it has Shin or whatshisface. It also has Kagalli or whatshername being forced to marry a clown with funny screams. And continuing the list is too long but well, it IS retarded.

Attached: Brita happy.png (683x384, 234K)

So many shit opinions

It’s not cropped retard, they completely reanimated the fucking show.

Are you retarded? SEED’s BD is essentially entirely reanimated. It’s very rarely an upscale, 95% of it is totally new animation.

>it was chosen as protag for the 2 build fighters series

Build burning was an original design based on what Sei learned from making the systems for the star build strike, it wasn't made from a strike itself. Hell, its prototype the Star Burning is even made from a shining gundam instead of a strike.

Compare the fidelity between this and the other screenshot I posted. You wanna tell me they reanimated the entire thing but left half of it looking like blurry upscaled shit from 2003 for some arbitrary reason?

Forgot my shit.

Attached: [SanKyuu] Mobile Suit Gundam SEED - 01 (BD 720p HEVC 2OPUS) [C709E180].mkv_snapshot_05.59_[2019.05.1 (1280x720, 354K)

In Gundam 00 season 1, they clearly kill Hallelujah's split personality but in season 2 it just comes back because fuck you, split personalities usually stay dead when shot dead. Season 2 also starts with the French girl getting a sudden and abrupt shift in personality just so SHE CAN PILOT A ROBOT FUCK YEAH LET'S EAT THOSE DRUG PILLS! And with the bad guys who have guard robots forcing an engineer and other guys into a manual slave labor. Season 2 IS retarded and worse than 1 from what little I've seen.

Goddamn did we seriously pass enough time where SEED is considered good? Jesus fucking christ

im just saying 00 sucks, it had cool ms but that's about it, mc was retarded main love interest too
> t. retard

Go fuck yourself

The MC was a sometimes funny autist with his I am Gundam (way worse than the MC in Wing though) and his "love interest" was pretty much a minor character, yeah. I really liked season 1 mainly because it made me want the nations to destroy the heroes and it actually delivered. Also the Russian bear and his super soldier loli were the best pair.

>half
You’re exaggerating but whatever

It unironically is a great show, the last entertaining/interesting Gundam show.

UGLY

Maybe 80/20 split of new to old then. But if you're gonna do it do it all the way, don't leave some old shit in there and have it jump back and forth, sometimes even within the same scene. Its really jarring. Honestly I would have preferred if they just remastered it like most older anime, keep the aspect ratio intact and just rescan the cells.

Serious question OP, is it your first Gundam?

No, I watched 79, Zeta and 0080 before this. This is my first AU show though, and I think it’s pretty good.

00 and Build Fighters exist

ATHRUN, YOU FUCK, WHERE ARE FREEDOM AND JUSTICE?

why it is that all morons that call seed bad think that its their first gundam? watched zeta, wing, unicorn, 00, ibo, the one with the racists gundams, and the only one that i find superior to seed is gundam thunderbolt.

Probably because at one point seed was babby’s first anime. but it’s not the early 2000s anymore, and I really don’t see any reason a person would watch seed today unless they’re already into the franchise.

aren't zeta and unicorn the same thing?
>the one with the racists gundams,
G gundam? how was it racist none of the characters were caricatures of their race

Just fags upset that Jesus Yamato is still the most popular anime character ever.

its a joke, but the gundams were fucking hilariously cliched

pretty sure it’s Kirito now, grandpa

well they do the same thing with street fighter. but to be fair I think the boxing gundam is a bit more true, at least it wasn't a gun gundam

If by cliche you mean totally awesome.

Attached: GF13-049NM_Tequila_Gundam_Front.png (278x482, 170K)

that series was unexpectedly hilarious

Strike freedom was the only good thing that came out of Destiny.

No 0079? What the hell user

is that the og gundam? if so that one as well

Ug, Thunderbolt's soundtrack makes me sick.

I assume the lacus fags are death by now right

so im trying to download origins should I go for a mix or erairaws, horriblesubs and oone more for the last episode or should I go for the juggaz batch?

>origins
GO AWAY

She was the better girl by miles
Lacus a shit

Incurable shit taste

Why did they spend so much time lost at sea or stranded in the desert? Did they need to copy the original that much?

The hell are you talking about? Turn A finished airing like a year earlier.

They do this with every reboot, make a good RX-78 clone, rape it with backpacks, shoulderpads, and codpieces.

Attached: 1301227124008.jpg (700x975, 440K)

We need more SEED and especially more Kira.

Has any gundam series even come close to it's sales?

> rape it with backpacks, shoulderpads, and codpieces
I'm a sucker for modular mecha, like Liger Zero and such, so I don't see the packs as an issue. Having various equipment fit for a certain situation ups the aesthetic aspect in my opinion.

I'd have to agree that Perfect Strike Gundam is a bit too much though, same goes for the IWSP. They look better when worn one at a time.

Attached: mg_strike_hd_striker_pack_4[1].jpg (800x403, 236K)

valvrave the liberator

No it’s just that much shit has been made since that, by comparison, Seed is great.

>valvrave
>gundam
???

Because people thought you were an intelligent human being. No one's going to be making that mistake again.

I got her figure last year. Pure satisfaction.

It's Destiny that's bad. SEED is just fun with reused animation

Gundam Unicorn OVAs dethroned it in terms of BD sales. It also had staggeringly good gunpla and merch sales to the point where a bandai rep essentially joked that its sales were making up for the difference in AGE's at an expo.

shut up bitch

Why is Shinn still alive?
Why did everything turn out so well for Lacus?
And did the bridge bunny win the Athrunbowl?

Seed > 00 > Seed + Destiny

based and seedpilled

>Seed > 00
I didn't know there were so many women into mecha space operas

that's an ugly robot

I couldn't finish 00 in the end - the second season jut got worse and worse, holy shit - but I got a damn lot farther than the like five episodes it took for SEED to bore me to death. IBO was a first-episode drop for me, so I'll give you that one.

>seed
>boring
???

The two hours or so I watched were just sort of inconsequential pew pew stuff and really basic / dragged-out points about "Wow we have to do unpleasant things to protect people" and "dumb kids don't get war".

If you've seen 0079/Zeta than SEED seems very by the numbers.You can practically predict most of the plot points from the first episode.

It's the worst Gundam show I've seen. I want my time back

how does anyone sit through such ugly character designs

Gundam's characters are usually so beautiful or charming. Seed is fucking disgusting visually.

Cringing at these weaklings

never listen to /m/

Tbh not really though the whole coordinator element made things more exciting imo. I feel like seed did a great job at blurring the lines between good and evil with pretty interesting political divides.

Yzak is my husbando.

Attached: 4FADEDEB-F5EB-4852-8F29-C8533DA0D0E4.jpg (1243x1800, 389K)

waifu*

You will love F90 Premium Bandai version which has A to Z pack.

I had like, this tiny chibi version of this and a few other gundams as toys but I totally forget where they came from. you could take their arms and heads off but that was it I think. I think there was a chibi gundam kids show too but the gundams were their own entities instead of being piloted

Early 2000s was a weird time

>Early 2000s was a weird time

Those were great times indeed

Attached: mai_hime.jpg (724x1000, 170K)

>the first time (or every time really, it never gets old) Kira pulls up the targeting array or whatever in the freedom to systematically disarm a hundred mooks at once
That was the shit

Attached: 1532016491890.jpg (750x737, 65K)

New Mai Hime series when?

Based

I don’t know

Agree

Its shit, you just have terrible taste

>the worst Hiraiface mecha show is the most well-known

Destiny was fucking awful, though.