Space Dandy

Holy shit this is great. Why does no one ever talk about it here?

Attached: f0ea1d074ec8a11f15bf2ab4f18bd813.jpg (2048x1025, 907K)

it's been out for a while and there's threads every now and then, and yeah, it's great

Attached: finishing.png (1920x1080, 1.39M)

It was alright. I liked the rock and roll episode.

>missing the threads while it was airing

because the presentation of the show doesn't lend it very well to lorefaggotry and its pretty episodic with 0 plot and while there is every color of waifu there wasn't any waifu fags to post about them.

I loved it and will rewatch in a year or two, but not too soon otherwise I'll ruin it formyself.

Pretty great
Gets named dropped from time to time
Should get more love 100%
It got a few people talking about it on the AOTD thread recently.

I really liked the fishing episode. The world design of some of those things are great.

yeah they really nailed the outlandish aesthetic on that one

Attached: ff.png (1920x1080, 2.48M)

Yea Forums doesn't talk about good manga and anime.

Aired on Toonami before Japan thus it was constantly shat post about being Yea Forums

Not even meme'ing that's all it was when it was airing

To be fair it's a series that doesn't really reveal what exactly it is until like episode 5. People just watching the first few episodes assume that lowbrow jokes and throwaway premises and plots are all the show has.

Shiet, I remember watching the release on adult swim at like 11pm. Who else was there?

it started really slow and didnt have a properly good episode until the loli by which time most people had given up.

newfag

one of my favourite anime the memes make it all the better, theres a manga out there i think but it's behind the anime. wish there was season

You'll learn that a lot of good shows get zero to no threads after they finish airing/if they never get more content. Or if it wasn't a hugely polarizing show. The only people who watched the whole thing are the people that really loved it. Everyone else got pleb filtered out because it's honestly a little odd.

Look at its popularity as an industry Jam Session in contrast to the First Season of One Punch Man. Which was less impressive than Space Dandy overall IMO, but being "capeshit" it was way more accessible and polarizing. FLCL is also extremely polarizing according to the shitflinging thread that just made it to bump limit. Space Dandy is not like that.

>sage
Oops. Ignore that.

Space dandy was polarizing as hell when it aired, not so much anymore

because the show was already discussed about and ended years ago.

Don't listen to these retards

Because Yea Forums doesn't talk about good shows. This place only wants to spam shitpost shonen and waifu shitposts.

Its good for face value entertaiment and nothing more.
A companion is a merry wagon in space baby was a great episode

>because the show was already discussed about and ended years ago
It looks like EVA needs to have a word with you.

There was so much Eva discussion in the past and in the last 5 years it's died down a LOT. 3.0 general was the last time Eva was big on this board.

>EVA
The brand is alive and well. Some people are still "excited" for a new film. Some other "people" can't wait for new Netflix's dub.

It's shit. Just like your taste.

Some idiots praise the dub while it butchered even the first joke in the show lol

>last time
from what I checked there's constant 2/47 threads on eva
at least 2 at almost all times
once or twice a week eva threads hit bump

That's pretty big for a show that's not releasing either manga or films at the very moment.

What episode are you on OP?

If you're just starting know that s2 is better than s2. You're in for a blast.

>know that s2 is better than s2.
Fuck me.
It should be s2 is better than s1.

>there will never be a S3

Attached: saddandy.gif (500x720, 1.91M)

Eva has much more going for itself.
First of all it has become one essential anime, consistently ending up in top 10 lists of "most popular" "most influential" or "best anime ever". Every now and then a newfriend will watch it and come here to make a thread calling it pretentious or overrated and igniting discussion.
It is also a very polarizing anime as already mentioned, with a fanbase that doesn't even agree on what finale is better, not to mention the whole best girl thing.
What is there even to talk about space dandy?
"I liked it"
"Yup, it was good"
"I liked this episode best"
"This episode was pretty neat too"
/thread

I loved Space Dandy but now I barely remember any episode from it.

there was nothing quite like it

Attached: 1528410242414.png (324x972, 478K)

That doesn't stop other shows.

watch robihachi this season, its like a budget dandy

endless eight episode was ultimate kino, down to the air date

S1 is pure fucking Kino. The story jumps around but it's pretty coherent for the most part even with weird space stuff in it. S2 went off the deep and comes across as the ramblings of a dude that took too much psychedelics and permanently fried his brain.

Still, S1 is amazing. Has a great style with pretty decent storytelling. Just be prepared to not have much continuation as almost every episode is a new story with no regard to past events. I kinda like it that way though.

Literally look at the catalog, at the kinds of threads we normally have here, then you will have your answer.

it's not circlejerk friendly show
simple

>S2 went off the deep and comes across as the ramblings of a dude that took too much psychedelics and permanently fried his brain.
do more drugs

Attached: 7635356767.jpg (1075x720, 108K)

It didn't clicked for me.
The atmosphere was kinda too Saturday morning cartoony - at no point I felt like anything was at a stake.
The world was too surreal to really comprehend as well.

>this kills the flatearthers

waiting for bd on nyaa, only shit dub

Attached: tenor.gif (220x220, 103K)

>shit dub
Get out.

eva is straight up some corny 2deep4u 90s garbage though