Peak Dragonball

Peak Dragonball.

Try to name a more bad ass moment.

Attached: [a-s]_dragon_ball_-_122_-_final_showdown__rs2_[E2F53206].mkv_snapshot_11.34_[2019.05.14_20.41.45].jp (576x432, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOCknnrfLxA
youtube.com/watch?v=jHPZn-OE1s0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who’s Whis talking with in HFIL in DB/Heroes/S?

I see he have back pain.
He needs THE DOSE

Attached: donovan_250.jpg (250x250, 75K)

>peak dragon ball
>not saiyan arc
?

His son became a doctor too late to save him

Based Doctor

Attached: Doctor Donovan.jpg (740x1100, 268K)

That's pretty brutal for a kids show.

>That's pretty comfy for a CHAD show.
ftfy

This segment in the manga was peak

The other one is when freeza reminds goku he killed kururin and he goes nuts

Attached: 56627392_2288724531149625_4622110370244044406_n.jpg (1080x996, 96K)

i mean, the kids who watch it are used to seeing their neighbors decapitated by the cartel.

Honestly, despite the fact that we're not really rooting for them, The androids beating down the characters always sticks in my head as just...cool. The way they don't flinch when they're hit and don't seem to take anyone seriously. How the second Trunks steps in 17 just fucks everyone up. How effortlessly 18 takes out the strongest guy on the heroes team at the time. It's a fight I can always come back to and enjoy.

Attached: Krillin's Wallpaper.jpg (1280x720, 114K)

When ChiChi told Gohan to do his homework.

Attached: 1549086530220.jpg (1024x478, 72K)

MOVE BITCH GET OUT DA WAY

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 29K)

I will say punching a hole clear through piccolo is probably one of the coolest things he's ever done. Having said that I'd say all of Goku's fight against Vegeta trumps the Piccolo fight as whole. Although I don't know if there's any moment in the saiyan saga is AS badass as that moment.

Attached: 1553488027298.webm (640x480, 1.2M)

the first wish

Attached: the first wish.png (2880x1800, 2.54M)

That fight was a masterpiece. Nothing in tops it.

I do really strongly remember enjoying this fight when I was a kid. Maybe that's why I stuck with dbz for so long, I just couldn't see how flawed it was over the hype from good stuff like this.

EZ

Attached: CompetentColorfulIberianmidwifetoad-size_restricted.gif (435x250, 2.94M)

what about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=pOCknnrfLxA

Enter YamCHAD

Attached: y.gif (381x289, 1.03M)

Yeah it's actually one of the best.

I know it's not made to be that scary, but as I child it was one of the first times I was really afraid for the heroes. Krilin dying, nobody able to stand up to Piccolo...
After that, it's always like there's some sort of safety net behind humanity.
I can't explain why exacty but I remember that the intensity kind of went downhill after that. Even if other arcs were far from being boring or anything.

I wanna seea doujin of them with Middle aged chi-chi getting her revenge.

And then they
KNUCKLES

True, nothing really beats that feeling of Goku, basically crippled on the ground unable to move most of his body.
Or shit that moment when you see Piccolo kill shenron. There goes your reset button. He's gone. It all felt super bleak.

That battle was shit, and that arc was shit.

Buu Saga > Freeza Saga > Saiyan Saga > 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai > Cell Saga (minus Cell Games) > 21st Tenkaichi Budokai > 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai > Red Ribbon Army Saga > Demon Lord Piccolo Saga > Pilaf Saga >> shit >> Cell Games

>BUT MUH MAGIC WATER THAT MAKES PEOPLE STRONGER
>BUT MUH MAFUBA THAT NEVER ACTUALLY DOES ANYTHING

>>BUT MUH MAGIC WATER THAT MAKES PEOPLE STRONGER
You have to risk death to drink it tho

>BUT MUH MAFUBA THAT NEVER ACTUALLY DOES ANYTHING
Nigg what? It clearly does something, it's just unlucky it didn't complete. Reality no-rules fights have a lot of luck and other factors a good technique doesn't guarantee you'll win

You fags only care about the Siayain Saga and Vegeta fight because Toonami showed it to you like 100 times

Dragon Ball isn't "reality." Introducing a master technique that has a 0% success rate is shit writing.

It's not about being 100% realistic, it's about injecting elements of incertainty so the story is more interesting.
People risk their life to learn mafuba and use all their energy to do it and...they still fail! That's good drama.
If it was just "yo take this secret technique it's guaranteed win", then it would have been boring.

That's a retarded rule that you invented for no reason other than autism. Might as well goku stepping on grass is shit writing for something that's how fucking dumb it is.
Also it doesn't even have a 0% success rate, how do you think King Piccolo got there in the first place?

That's not actually true. I used to think the fight sucked when I was a kid. I only fell in love with it when I reread the manga. Just the way Toriyama lays it out, it's got such a good sense of motion, especially Goku's Kaioken x 3 section. It's honestly just really solid. Honestly i used to think all of DBZ was overrated until I reread the manga. It's really the best way to experience DB

>they still fail! That's good drama.
No it isn't, you stupid faggot. It's completely obvious, because the audience thinks to himself "it's not gonna be that easy." A bigger subversion would have been the Mafuba actually defeating a villain.

>Also it doesn't even have a 0% success rate, how do you think King Piccolo got there in the first place?
Holy fucking shit, exposition of the past is not actually part of the narrative. We didn't see it happen or experience it at all.

>That's a retarded rule that you invented for no reason other than autism.

It's an established rule of writing that exists in every culture and every era. Nobody likes pointless shit being introduced only to serve no purpose.

>pointless
It’s a method of defeating Piccolo
It's the entire backdrop of Piccolo's awakening
It gets Roshi killed
It is what allows the dragonballs to enter Piccolo's posession
It gets Chaotzu killed
Almost gets Tien killed

It's not pointless and it doesn't serve no purpose, it's a technique that drives pretty much a lot of the entire arc. You have no clue what good writing is, under your idea of good writing, a character or element should only be included in the story if it wins.

I prefer the mafuba scene with Roshi.

It was cooler when Gohan did it.
OH NOES Krillian is getting horn raped by Frieza and killed
Going to rape you with punches then my hair is going to stick up glow gold and I'm going to fucking WHALE on Frieza while Vegeta looks on and wonders THE FUCK IS THIS LITTLE NIGGA GETTING ALL OF THIS POWER FROM!?

This part in the manga is so good; I just like how Goku made Nappa look like a fucking joke

Attached: goku nappa.jpg (640x515, 111K)

If 100% of the audience can predict with 100% accuracy that something is not going to work, it's unarguably shit writing. It's the same garbage as the thousand times villains came out of smoke unscathed.

The first emergence of the Super Saiyajin
The death of krillian forced the saiyajin earthling into a fury where he turned gold and unleashed his power on frieza.
youtube.com/watch?v=jHPZn-OE1s0

Then you don't really care about the characters or story.
You just want a simple a-b plot that you can mindlessly breeze through without a single care.

Saiyan Saga Goku vs Vegeta is and will remain the best fight in DB

>Introducing a master technique that has a 0% success rate

>literally worked every single time it was used except when roshi did it, and that was from sheer luck

I want writing that at least makes an attempt to subvert expectations.

This hit was brutal, all the attacks he took and a well-placed kick to his arm is what does him in.

I was 13 when I saw Nappa vs. Goku and for some reason Nappa scared the shit out of me. I don't know why, but he did.

Wrong.

>I don't know why, but he did.
Very huge, sadistic, and absolutely slaughtered a lot of characters that people got attached to for years

Good points. The violence wasn't the issue, it was the characters. I was legit scared of characters like Raditz and Nappa coming to Earth and vaporizing everyone in one blast.

The more CHAD version, duh.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Super was a mistake

>If 100% of the audience can predict with 100% accuracy that something is not going to work, it's unarguably shit writing.
No, that comes down entirely to howork it's executed. A simple story with a predictable plot can still be good, while subverting shit for the sake of it without any consideration for how it affects the plot is shit.

The fight with Piccolo jr was better

the entire Saiyan Saga is kino, the Great Ape came back after countless chapters, there were emaningful deaths and actual tactics and teamwork, without Goku winning on his own

>Name arc
>Cell arc
>Not peak Dragonball
You know you just fucked up, right?

There was a thread yesterday that hit bump limit but didn't break 90 posters. I thought it incalcuably bizarre.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Why you posting Tracetaro?

the vegeta - goku fight felt far more tense since you could tell goku alone didn't have the steam to keep up with Vegeta
with frieza - Goku you could definitely feel that Goku was the stronger one which is why frieza had to resort to such trickery

Names arc handled the first part way better with Vegeta, Gohan, Krillin desperately trying to stay alive together until Goku showed up.

This is why DBZ took off.
It was a story about the heroes of the dragon ball universe.
Not goku wakku wakku'ing it up while veryone else is on the sidelines
With vegeta coming in later to act as the foil because everyone is fuckign sick of goku and want to see someone else do something.

early part when they try to gather the Namekian dragonballs is peak dragonball

Yeah it was great.
But Piccolo VS 17 was pure action kino.
The last time in DB where pure martial prowess and awesome choreography was pushed over flashy lights.
Goku vs Kid Buu was up there too as well.

Piccolo Jr > 22nd Tenkaichi > King Piccolo > 21st Tenkaichi > Saiyan > Namek > Pilaf > Red Ribbon

Attached: ed8f1bfef0a408e90ba213f12db1d15c.jpg (1280x854, 324K)

I would say SS2 Gohan vs Cell in the anime was peak Dragonball but the entirety of the Namek arc was absolutely amazing from Vegeta running the Frieza Force gauntlet to Goku going Super Saiyan for the first time.

Their fight in the Buu arc with both their characters and rivalry entirely fleshed out was even better.

This is pretty badass

Attached: daily dose.gif (329x302, 25K)

Thanks, doc

Crawling in my skin
These wounds they will not heal
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming
Confusing
This lack of self-control I fear is never-ending
Controlling
I can't seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
Without a sense of confidence
I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take
I've felt this way before

So insecure

Crawling in my skin

Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

Discomfort endlessly has pulled itself upon me
Distracting
Reacting
Against my will I stand beside my own reflection
It's haunting
How I can't seem
To find myself again
My walls are closing in
Without a sense of confidence

I'm convinced that there's just too much pressure to take
I've felt this way before
So insecure

Crawling in my skin
Fear is how I fall
Confusing what is real

Crawling in my skin
Fear is how I fall
Confusing, confusing what is real
There's something inside me that pulls beneath the surface
Consuming
Confusing what is real
This lack of self-control I fear is never-ending
Controlling
Confusing what is real

Read more: Linkin Park - Crawling Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Thanks doc.

Hilarious enough this page by itself, in the Berser Deluxe Edition is the finest printed page in the book. Since the color covers start after that, this page has a glossy finish.