R.O.D. Read or Die

Why no one talks about this? Great OST and action scenes and THE PAPER is a absolute cute MC.
Is the TV series as good?

Attached: 09890.png (964x705, 1.36M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FunmGQGKnm0&list=PL90570804ED263E5B&index=1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the IP is already dead. Great adaptation. Seen it all in the forbidden board, eien yuri.

Aniplex being jews and charging $300+ for their bluray set that they poorly encoded and made.

Series is good but lots of /u/ pandering.

Didn't this used to be pretty popular? I never got the appeal myself, felt like a generic cheesy spy movie except with superpower stuff.

Compared to what is adapted nowadays, R.O.D. was pretty great and could have been a great franchise.

I remember watching this when it aired on tv in my country, I thought it was kinda dumb, but I really liked the design of the main girl so I kept watching.
I guess it was my first approach to watching anime I didn't really like for the cute girls.

>Compared to what is adapted nowadays
I never said anything about that, and I don't want to get into that "well it's better than X" shit. I just think in its own right, ROD isn't good.

Because it's like a million years old, what's left to talk about?

Though, as someone who first saw the movie on adult swim when I was 12. I was oddly surprised at how yuri the TV series was when i watched it years later when I got more into anime.

Kinda came out of no where and wasn't expecting it.

I really enjoyed ROD the TV when it aired on TechTV

This is my favourite franchise, and the only one I actually bothered saving up money to buy on DVD, plus both manga series. Maggie is mai waifu.

>tfw we will never see the anime adaptation of the early novels

ROD TV is the anime that really made me notice Chiwa Saito as an actress. I'd heard her in a few other shows before, like Last Exile for example, but with this I became a lifelong fan.

Attached: tkmiz-rod.jpg (1200x1200, 277K)

Dead as in the TV series doesn't conclude in a way that feels complete, or dead in the sense that the manga has stopped early, or both?

This franchise is actually an adaptation from LN. The guy finished all the LNs so there is nothing but to read these.

this is unrelated but tkmz really has great taste.

One of these days, Rehabilitation will get translated.

Attached: yomiko.jpg (3342x2487, 2.34M)

ROD taught me about a lot of things I loved. Ara ara onee-sans. Chiwa Saito. That fucking slick ass soundtrack holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=FunmGQGKnm0&list=PL90570804ED263E5B&index=1

I remember watching this on TV

>Is the TV series as good?
It's okay. We don't talk about it because it's been out forever and there's not much more to say. It doesn't get new content and the world isn't explored any more.

I enjoyed the show, right up until they fucked it all up. For whatever reason the show decides to go from light and cute story of paper wizards into psychological horror right in the last 3 or so episodes. Fuck if I know why.

>tfw writer of the novels now just works doing adaptations
Truly suffering.

the opening really was hot for that show.

Yomiko is my wife.

Attached: yomiko2.jpg (1024x768, 677K)

Yeah but then Michelle /ss/'d Junior so it was worth it

>Chiwa Saito
Based!

Attached: 1475366453555.jpg (1000x1485, 762K)

Attached: 1475360872938.webm (720x540, 2.75M)

The idea of the Paper Masters is so fucking cool. I've used it in some table top RPGs before

This is one series I wouldn't mind a live-action adaptation for. Hollywood or otherwise.

Put this shit on netflix and people will love it.

Animax in mid 2000.

The people involved in this at the time were illiterate, unable to read the work they all died. No one left. Leave it. Please.

Attached: 1553006526509.jpg (734x950, 196K)

Yea Forums doesn't talk about good anime.

The manga are pretty good too.

Attached: rod-books.jpg (1600x1200, 894K)

Blonde was best girl
loli was good also.

It was okay

hot animu girl

Too true.

The first 13 episodes are.
Watch that and pretend the second half of the series doesn't exist.

Attached: 1311231340631.jpg (345x542, 30K)

Never heard about this show before but god damn that's some nice style

>HUR DURR WHY DOES NOBUDY TALK ABOUT THIS 20 YEAR OLD SHOW ????
sick of these fucking retard threads

>That long wait between the penultimate and final light novel

At least we're getting a conclusion to the story and I heard there was some possible talks of an adaptation of the light novel series. I'd love to see more Yomiko.

good taste

The peeps at Studio 3Hz should revive this

Imagine R.O.D handled by Kyoani

>Aniplex being jews and charging $300+ for their bluray set that they poorly encoded and made.

Aniplex tends to be very terrible reselling legacy titles

Hell, I'm more shocked this hasn't appeared on Crunchyroll nor Netflix like a lot of their catalog titles

it was massive but fell short because it was only a 3 episode OVA, had bosses/bigbadevilguys that were just random people who suddenly showed up and had no real over-arcing story.
about 80% of the love for this show was people who wanted to bang Miss Deep because the "walk through walls" power is incredibly sexy to a lot of fetishists.

Attached: 1475303250670.webm (720x540, 2.77M)

Hopefully.

I don't remember that series having much else to offer besides bouncy anime titties.

Read the manga. It's fucking excellent.

R.O.D was on the same levels of popularity as Haruhi at one point

What went wrong?

The tv series has /ss/.

Nothing, the story just ended and it's hard to maintain the same level of popularity when you are no longer being serialized and receiving adaptations and the like.

There was a new manga released I think five years ago but from what I heard it wasn't well received at all and a more edgy version of the story.

The OVA is excellent, the follow-up series never figures out what it wants to do, and suffers.

At one point there's dinosaurs in London, and it's unrelated to the plot entirely.

Or perhaps the anime adapted things quickly.

Madhouse doing an adaptation of the entire light novel series now that it is over would be pretty nice.

>madhouse

>and it's unrelated to the plot entirely
Except it's not. And that wasn't even the weirdest thing. There were aliens and shit, too.

Magical stuff was happening because of the big bad guy, and novels were being projecting into reality. It makes total sense in the context of the story.

Is it too different from the anime? I liked the original anime, sure I think it was my first exposure to the "live forever" concept but I remember blowing my mind back then and I loved it.

Bouncy tits!

Attached: 7c0.gif (500x375, 1.96M)

There's a reading contest if I'm not mistaken in one of the chapters.

Kino.