Is Kimetsu no Yaiba good?

Is Kimetsu no Yaiba good?

Attached: yaiba.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1128502808108457985?s=19
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes now go watch it and decide for yourself

its a well executed shonen with some nice animation, nothing special until now, but I heard that it gets better as it goes along

It's extremely standard shounen. In terms of writing there are fewer big hiccups than other popular shounen, but nothing to make it stand out either. Ufotable is doing a great job adapting it though, and it looks fantastic most of the time.

If you like anime where the MC cries and acts like a pathetic beta every other scene, sure.

Attached: Deku.jpg (848x477, 57K)

he nearly broke a dude's arm within a minute of meeting him. how is he at all deku

It's ok. This season is shit overall.

Attached: cryjiro.png (799x1142, 3.49M)

big time, really will start to shine in another ~ 3-4 episodes

You should just ignore HxH fags

>dude was voiced by Bakugou of all people
>Tanjirou still didn't give a fuck and nearly broke his arm

Attached: 1557464595168.jpg (847x579, 79K)

No. It's corny from top to bottom, and not in a good way like Code Geass.

not really.

Attached: ufotable direction.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

The female characters are not great. Some have good designs though

t. schizo

No, Mob >>> KnY

That... that means nothing to the question

Pretty average so far. Not getting my hopes up.

it's a stock standard but well executed battle shonen
if you like watching bad guys get killed by a slightly edgy but still good hearted teenage boy, you'll like KnY

Bullshit, Tanjiro just wants revenge its not like he is trying to be the numbed 1 sword wielding hokage king

Since this the only kny thread, here's an important info, we will be getting a databook on July 4th twitter.com/kimetsu_off/status/1128502808108457985?s=19

That's cool

nice.

>nearly broke
He actually broke it.

Attached: x12.png (959x1400, 897K)

>oni two times your size forcefully mounting you
How did they figure it out? My exact fetish

Attached: suck.webm (1920x1080, 832K)

Just got to Drum House. The last arc was pretty boring aside from Muzan, and I was only able to get through the intro and first mission by watching the anime, but this current arc is so entertaining. It has amazingly hype moments and Zenitsu is fucking hilarious.

Just wait for best boy Inosuke

Attached: IMG_20190506_093406.jpg (800x800, 128K)

No it’s extremely boring. Even BC is better.

If you think Drum House is amazing and like the 2 new characters, you'll have a fucking blast with the rest of the manga.

yes. the gagged sister makes it better.

PIG ASSAULT
PIG ASSAULT
PIG ASSAULT

>Don't be intimidated, Tanjiro, try to imagine him without the mask on
>OH NO HE'S HOT!

just because Kimetsu hasn't tried anything new doesn't make it bad, in my opinion. KnY reminds me a lot of Gash Bell because both doesn't bother adding anything new to the formula but rather completely embraces the tropes that makes up shounen

I want to marry Nezuko!

No.

tell me about grandpa, why does he wear the mask

that's a pretty common trope but I wouldn't say that's a necessary part of shonen writing

Imagine the hot oni sex

Attached: HorribleSubs_Happy_Sugar_Life_11_720p.mkv_snapshot_09.20.516.jpg (1280x720, 222K)

Can somone explain to me why the MC is just totally fine with the old dude brain washing his sister? That's more or less like killing her personality. She was clearly still in there even if she was a demon.

He mentions latter that he isnt totally fine with it, but its helpful and she has some control to do stuff anyway.

The old man just use what already there, he only subconsciously make her see any human as her family, using her family bond to make sure she not accidentally hurt human

>He mentions latter that he isnt totally fine with it
Makes more sense then. Because what he did was totally unethical. She was already in control on herself. He was trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

Deku broke some arms too so what’s the difference?

They are Demon Slayer, no matter how in control she is, they will still be skeptic about her.

Please learn English before posting on an English board.
Either way, that's still not an excuse.

>anime
wew what a fag, go read the manga

But Togashi likes KnY

>She was already in control on herself.
Not really, she's kind of in control, but she acts like she's half-asleep and could even attack people if situation gets really bad.

"Hunterchads" are just ironic shitposters that shit up HxH threads as well, they aren't fans at all.

They are newfag fans who have only seen the 2011 version and haven't read the manga

She controlled herself multiple times even when she was hungry.

A few things people need to consider:
1. She controlled herself in tempting situations twice so far. The first time she resisted eating her own brother. The second time she stopped to save him. Who can tell if she can keep the same degree of control for other people if put in similar situations?
2. She is not living in a peaceful secluded mountain with a former demon hunter anymore. Tanjirou will be sent to densely populated areas to deal with different kind bloodthirsty demons. This means Nezuko will run into scenes of blood and carnage very often, and the chance her demonic instinct is triggered will be much higher.
3. Tanjirou is not going on a picnic here. Between killing demons and protecting civilians, he has enough to worry about, without the possibility of his sister suddenly lose control and attack people he is supposed to save. Imagine he is busy dealing with demons while she is drooling at the sight of wounded people. Just the constant distraction is already enough to get him killed.
4. It will be extremely irresponsible of Urokodaki to let loose a demon into the world without any kind of precaution. Remember Tanjirou vowed to kill Nezuko and himself if she eats someone. If something unfortunate happens, it will be innocent people's blood on Urokodaki's hands, including that of his beloved student.
5. The human Nezuko would certainly agree to it, if it can keep her urge under the control and ease her pain. You don't want to see her suffering every time at the sight of blood, do you?
Really, the only downside of this suggestion method is that it kinda removes Nezuko's personal conflict, but that's from meta perspective. You can even argue that it makes her less of a Mary Sue who can resist the demonic curse at will while every single demon can't, and it's not like those demons didn't love their family back when they were humans. From the in-universe perspective, what Urokodaki did is necessary and makes perfect sense.

He quite possibly forgot an “s”
How about you be less of a faggot

Your English is as bad as "his". There are three typos in 20 words.

chad potato boy

I remember someone once said on here that Kimetsu initially starts as a sort of old Japanese folklore with a shonen battle aesthetic attached on it, to then devolve and improve into demon hunting three stooges. Which is unironically one of the best descriptions you could give for the series.

A few things for you to consider:
1.Read the manga.

With the main character constantly crying, I'd better off watch MHA.

>not crying after your family gets slaughtered
cringe

I still like the series but the first few chapters before Zenitsu and Inosuke come in to the picture lead me to believe it'd be darker in tone than what we got. It's basically a gag manga half the time.

I wouldn't mind that so much as long as it settles on a tone. As is, the thing goes back and forth between dark urban fantasy and typical shonen fare.

>crying all the time
>after his family got slaughtered and when Nezuko woke up

Hmm

Can I expect some kind of romance (not fucking incest) or Tanjirou has just his siscon boner for the whole series?

Meant for this faggot

Yes but in 100 chapters

Attached: x19 (2).png (959x1400, 969K)

if you read it in bulk yeah. But weekly it drags its fights

but now it's more of a one side though.

Attached: 1555931095947.png (910x879, 629K)

There is a girl designated for Tanjirou's peepee. She hasn't done much until very recently because she's higher ranked than the characters we follow, but not so high rank that it puts her a position of great authority. Now that she's finally doing something she actually just gave one of the best verbal smackdowns in the manga. Not best girl but pretty good. Best girl just died horrifically.

Thanks! Seems better than I thought.

>onisan finds her imouto a husband
Cute

I really like how often time passes in this manga.

Fair warning that the girl's interactions with Tanjirou barely fill 2 chapters (out of 157 chapters so far). No one reads Kimetsu for romance, or even for shipping purpose since your waifu can be offed with only a few chapters' notice

It's boku no hero academy in Samurai setting. MC just cries and cries for little things.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Hajimete no Gal - 05 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.58_[2018.07.19_13.11.43].png (464x674, 344K)

>Samurai setting

Please explain in detail how its similar to MHA in story, characters, powers, and setting without saying the word "cry"

Bait

I thought I will read the manga then I realise the manga art is pretty shitty. The anime is a lot better than the manga

Please don't reply to the cryanon. He's has been forcing this crying meme since the first episode.
But the series is pretty dark for a battle shounen. It features cannibalism, decapitation, body horror, prostitute and pimp, syphilis patient, suicide by splitting stomach, killing one's own parents, blowing up yourself and your family including kids, rapey villains, bloody massacres, half dead people made into grotesque work of art
Not to mention that the body count per battle ratio is really high. Named characters, regular soldiers, innocent passerby die every major battle. The series could have let the guy's fiancee from last episode live and it would't make any difference, but she got killed anyway.
The fact that the cast having fun interaction doesn't take away from the dark, cruel reality. The characters themselves are very aware of human's fragility. Even the MC admits that he could die without achieving anything.

Even as a bulk I thought the fight with UM6 dragged, same with UM4&5 but to a lesser extent.

Just another Demon series it lacks creativity.

Nezuko is cute

I completely agree, I just wasn't expecting something as wacky as Inosuke to exist at all. Still love the guy though.

>The series could have let the guy's fiancee from last episode live and it would't make any difference, but she got killed anyway.

Left alone with all the dead girls possessions and an unconscious girl.

Don't worry pretty sure he will be joining her shortly