ITT: Your first anime

Name 'em, how long it's been since you first watched it and whether you still enjoy. Blogposting is fine, just keep it brief
>Bleach
>5 years
>Abso-fucking-lutely

Attached: 52edb7a843abacb4ff0f642c8eda14401325114125_full.jpg (640x960, 230K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Q4_mrdCI6Rw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Technically, my first anime was the english dub of Devilman The Birth and The Demon Bird OVA. It’s still my favorite to this day.

Astro Boy

>shingeki no kijoyin
>3 years
Well im still watching it, will eventually read the manga, some day

I think I tried to watch sailor moon last year. I dropped it.

Attached: 1553380265410.jpg (1280x2130, 703K)

I feel like there's a difference between watching dubbed toonami shit as a kiddo without even knowing it's from Japan and the first time you sit down and try to watch anime as a hobby.

OP here, should have made that clearer. No 4Kids shit like YuGiOh or Pokémon, no dubs, this thread is for your first genuine anime experience

I didn't realise until recently it was an anime but this 14 years ago and its still enjoyable

Attached: WickiUndDieStarkenMaenner_FS.jpg (640x477, 156K)

>Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken
>About 25 years
>Dunno. Haven't watched since.

Attached: dragon quest.jpg (1280x720, 207K)

I presume you mean, discounting specifically childrens anime?
in my case it was the Ah my Goddess ovas or the Bubblegum crisis ovas back in 1999 or 2000 I think?
Maybe a ranma or cardcaptor Sakura bootleg too?

It aged like raw milk, not surprising

youtu.be/Q4_mrdCI6Rw

11 eyes
What a fucking shitshow that was

First anime, as in 'not bastardized version localized and without anything tracing it to the original'?
>Tenchi Muyo!
>oh gods, about twenty years or somewhere around that.
>Obviously. Still waiting for novels to end.
Well, I lied, my absolutely first was Macross Plus but that one took some time to track down in the wild times of VHS

I'm pretty depressed that I can't remember. I wanna say Zatch Bell, but I honestly thought it was a cartoon back then, like Pokemon. It was most likely
>Ichigo Mashimaro or Toradora
>8 or 7 years ago, watched it on YouTube in 360p before it went to shit with copyright laws.
>Toradora? It's alright. Surprisingly, I like how comfy Ichigo Mashimaro is despite CGDCT not being my cup of tea.

Death note like every other American who was at one point a pretentious 12 year old faggot

Project A-Ko in 1993

I was a pretentious 12 year old faggot WAY before Death Note came out. 1994 to be precise.

Fruits Basket, I heard people talking about it online and got interested. It's gotta be more than 10 years ago now. Crazy

Sup, gramps

>36 is grandparent level now.

Are we going back in time? I know that would've been normal in 1980s/90s eith all the teen pregnancies, but kids these days arent having kids as young as they used too

Dub : pokemon like every other north american person my age.
Sub: HxH 1999 version.

Cowboy bebop
Still my favorite

Attached: Spike_bang.png (473x360, 144K)

One piece it has been a week since the last episode

Without knowing what "anime" is: Maple Town Story or Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics on Nick. I should note that they weren't really fucked with (unless you count the live host on Maple Town) so they weren't exactly bastardized, just dubbed.
Actually understanding what anime is: One of the movies shown during the old Sci Fi channel anime runs, so likely Roujin Z, Project A-Ko, or Fatal Fury TMP.

First anime watched: Princess Knight at age 6, I didn't know it was an anime
First anime I watched and followed: Sailor Moon from ages 8 -10, I knew what anime was then
Can watch neither today. Princess Knight is a classic and has a lot of good storytelling qualities to it, but it's just too old and boring for me now. Except Tezuka's Rock being the love interest, I like that but he doesn't do much.
Sailor Moon is something I watched every day, even recorded every episode on vhs back in the day and jet, I can't remember a damn thing and it makes me wanna puke from 1 minute of attempting to give it a shot. It does have quality in animation and certain goofy humor, but that doesn't make it pass and it's still utterly insufferable.
Oldest anime I watched and genuinely loved is Dragon Ball, go figure. It's perfect for every age group and never loses it's appeal no matter how old you are.

Attached: 802664.png (597x430, 421K)