Are anime characters based off of westerners or asians?

are anime characters based off of westerners or asians?

i saw this argument on /pol/ last night w/ good evidence on both sides

i was wondering what the anons on Yea Forums think

Attached: both sides.jpg (3855x4386, 2.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white-5627268
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i think that they are based off of asians

Attached: 1557798803424.jpg (600x308, 27K)

I'd say neither

>going on /pol/ ever
>believing anything /pol/ says

its important to see every side

You have to go back

where?

>/pol/
oh no, he's retarded

i cant lurk?

>/pol/
They've been shit for years, why would you still touch that board? At least it was fun a while back

I remember this board having this thread almost daily a few years ago, and it was always a total shitfest.
Anyway I don't think this board ever reached a general consensus on this.

They're based on neither. They just look like people, and people naturally want to project themselves onto what they see.

If you draw a smiley face, that looks fucking nothing like a human, but I guarantee you project yourself onto it.

perspective of a drawfag here

asians have flat cheeks if you look at anime
the shading for the face is usually flat this is why when they cosplay they pull it off better
because how lighting works they get that "anime" feel to them

westerners usually have plump cheeks take a look at disney princess films

you can also compare characters from videogames a good example of this would be

mercy from overwatch and d.va
focus on the structure around the eyes

square jaws occur more in western woman but can also occur in asians

the same goes for noses

so i dont usually use those as an indicator for race

i usually look at the cheeks
go to /ic and look at the 3d reference they use when they draw anime to better understand what i mean

Only a butthurt chink, white beta "male" with yellow fever or hapa would say that anime
characters look like Asians. If anime characters looked like Asians, they'd look like pic related.

There is no debate over this.
Anime characters look like white people because anime is wish fulfillment and if you know one or two things about Asians, it is that they are extremely obsessed with making themselves look like white people.

Attached: 1549747848718.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

the nips were influenced by western animation such as Fleischer and Disney
Hence the white look

Animu characters usually have very little detail for noses and facial structure, which are how one differentiates between whites and asians. So you end up with human-shaped chatacters that have light skin, which could be either. Then they add on different hair/eye colors to make characters easier to identify, which can make them look white, but that isn't the intent. All in all, they're very abstracted humans with an asian base. It's kind of like asking whether emojis are white or asian.
If you want to tell whether a specific character is asian or western, you just assume the character is asian until told otherwise. Manga artists live in Asia surrounded by Asians, so it's a fair assumption to say thwy're deawing asians. Some notable exceptions are FMA and SnK, which explicitly feature asian characters that are different from the main cast.

kotaku.com/why-do-japanese-characters-look-white-5627268
And before anyone says it:
>Kotaku

>i saw this argument on /pol/ last night

Attached: 1557871458270.webm (960x540, 2.32M)

what is that ugly ass red spot on his face

Anime characters resemble nothing of any race, they’re not even fucking human only retards argue about this

They eyes don't even fit the chink on the right, wtf.

Carole from Carole & Tuesday is black

stop trying to bring realism into anime
Your killing endangered cat girls

Depends on the style of the artist. Most of them are too abstract to look like either race. Notable examples of more racial variability include the characters from mob psycho, black lagoon, attack on titan, fullmetal alchemist, parasyte, sword of the stranger, darker than black, and blue exorcist.

haha holy shit, i need a source on the crying man

>the eyes don't even fit anyone
Ftfy.

nevermind i found it

that's gonna be a yikes from me, chief

By that logic, whites are obsessed with making themselves look like furries, since majority of western cartoons are animal people

Attached: looney-tunes-760x600.jpg (760x600, 94K)