V.70: 3,039,487
V.71 : 2,890,263
DROP
V.85: 2,400,524
V.84: 2,393,553
V.83: 2,435,076
DROP
V.92: 1,776,868

In less than 20 volumes this series has lost between 700,000 to 800,000 readers.

One can notice a steady drop over the years, as the interest in One Piece fades for each new arc.

One Piece sales per year:
>2010
>2011

>2017
>2018

Between 2011 and 2018, One Piece has lost 29,000,000 yearly sales. This is the biggest flop in the history of manga. No other manga has lost this many sales in such a short amount of time.

Now, let us compare the other series with One Piece and they are doing over a prolonged period of time.

This was calculated over a few years.
>One Piece - 5,969,851 ---> 3,110,049
>Haikyu!! - 3,086,097 ---> 2,523,071
>My Hero Academia - 2,097,088 ---> 2,516,768
>Black Clover - 790,032 ---> 2,033,277

OP lost nearly 3M sales, while BC and MHA sold more and HQ lost 400k. With this we can conclude that One Piece is dying and nobody likes Wano.

Attached: 1437281214998.jpg (236x243, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_comic_series
boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/In less than 20 volumes this series has lost between 700,000 to 800,000 readers./
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Manga about pirates
>OP does not think about piracy being the explanation for the decrease in sales and instead blames it on Wano while the decrease started way earlier than that arc

>Dying
>Still outselling everything else by a huge margin
also this is why you should use percentages instead of the raw numbers as yeah no other manga has lost that many sales as no other manga has sold as much. It's better to compare the ratio of loss sales to other manga than just the numbers to get the full picture.

Otherwise you'll run into problems where say there is a huge drop in sales of say computers while mac is seeing an increases in sales, though macs only make up about 9% of the market and PC is the other 90%. But this is a hyperbolic troll thread so you know exactly what you're doing

Third for cold untouched steaks.

>20 year old series dying

Who would have thought

IT'S ALL OVER BROS
OUR 450M+ OVERALL SALES WILL BE BEATEN

is it still the top seller?

>reading manga online for free doesn’t exist

Too good to be true.

Yep.

Oh no, they have already passed the 100M line, so many of these newcomers are so close, and tehy are so many like

*crickets chirping*

Wait, where are they?

>Between 2011 and 2018, One Piece has lost 29,000,000 yearly sales. This is the biggest flop in the history of manga. No other manga has lost this many sales in such a short amount of time.
7 years is probably the average of the "life-span" of a regular manga. Don't know where are you getting your "facts".

maybe the industry's cooling. also when something goes on for 100 volumes, you're only going to lose readers because it's too daunting for new fans and some people will lose interest.

i'm pretty casual about one piece but wano doesn't seem that bad or out of place to me.

good

shit comic for babies

Keep seething user

Attached: Cart.gif (500x275, 230K)

>Scans were invented in 2018

YES

I haven't read it either bro but I agree, all that popped up on google images when I searched One Piece was a goofy rubber man.

No, hasn't been for years.

Oh I must've missed what's beating it in volume sales then

You know, people would actually read your post if you stopped spamming it weekly and stopped making it look like it's just a attention seeking shitpost.
And the Reddit spacing is just awful. Kill yourself.

>2010-2011 was the peak of one piece sales wise and is a complete outlier compared to every other year
>hurr durr why isn't it selling as much as it did in 2011
come back when it drops from #1.

Why are you lying? Are you THIS scared?

Attached: Franky.gif (498x278, 1.17M)

One Piece has already engraved itself into Japan culture's history. Decades later its name will still be known by everyone in Japan as something that had the largest influence on their literary world since Journey to the West.

rip one piss

>best selling manga of all time
>best long ongoing manga of all time

SEETHING

>>best long ongoing manga of all time

Attached: 1553805393446.png (262x239, 88K)

That's a big kek for me

>posts discontinued garbage outsold by SNK

I'm sorry I hurt your feels bruv

Who cares other than seething faggots? I’m still going to read and enjoy One Piece until it’s over, I don’t give a fuck if some nips don’t buy it, how does that effect me? God this is so pethetic.

Attached: 3F492F0E-8EA3-4276-8555-4BDA5216A8EF.jpg (545x400, 115K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_comic_series

Bros shitpost faster it's gonna surpass batman noooooo

>the volumes that have been around longer have sold more than the newer ones

Attached: disgust.png (364x873, 129K)

Don’t hurt the Hunterfag’s feelings! If One Piece is “dying” and still outselling Hunter by bounds than his manga is dying as well, he just doesn’t want to admit it, stop bulling him!

Well yeah, you don’t get into a series with the newest volume. You dolt

>ongoing
>hiatus x hiatus

Wano is boring as shit.

I love Hunter.

Togashi is just a pussy.

One Piece is the box jellyfish of manga. Think about it.

>based Asterix has 3/4 of the sales in half the volumes

and has been going for 40 years more kek

oda truly lost his touch

>kid I've lost more sales than you ever had

Attached: large.jpg (661x960, 72K)

>Cover of One Piece Vol. 1 (1997). One Piece is the best-selling comic by a single author and the best-selling manga of all time,[1][2] having sold the most collected comic book volumes.

Attached: Trollhat_luffy.jpg (480x480, 77K)

show me on the doll where oda touched you

Please no, not the sales. What argument will I have left? it's not quality, for sure.

Attached: JlFulRl.jpg (2448x2448, 366K)

Ranking?

Brainlet much? The reason it's a big deal, is that it shows a trend.

One Piss sales have steadily dropped since 2011, and they will only drop more and more. I'm guessing it will stabilize at some point, but the question is how low it will be then. 3 million? maybe less? Who knows.

It's the same with Windows, really. There is an obvious trend of people moving away from desktop computers, and getting laptops (macs), or ditching the platform altogether and just using tablet computers or smartphones.
Windows is mostly used in work enviornments, or for gaymen at home. Then there's people that still have a desktop because they already had one. in 2050 nobody will have a windows PC at home anymore.

Demographics is another example. The "56%" meme referring to white Americans is actually bullshit. There's some statistic that showed that in recent years, only about 50% of babies born in the US are white. Which doesn't mean much for *now* but it again it sets a trend that will have huge effects on the future demographics.

boards.fireden.net/a/search/text/In less than 20 volumes this series has lost between 700,000 to 800,000 readers./

OP is a faggot

Attached: 1540817338635.png (975x847, 532K)

literal retard or 14 years old

Internet and tech has changed a lot since 2011, for sure younger people are able to easily access manga now than they could have in 2011

hell I didn’t have a cell phone till 2011 and it for sure wasn’t an iphone, nowawdays most manga i read is on my phone

not denying one piece isn’t declining in popularity, but its still number 1 and if bnha or bc have been running for the last decade im sure you'd see them drop due to piracy the same way

OP based af

Holy shit, I thought you'd have given up after getting completely BTFO last time you tried to post this.

But apparently not
Why are you so pathetic OP? Do you really have nothing better in your life?

Attached: 1556717933338.png (1216x793, 47K)

It's fine the more he shitposts the more obvious it becomes. Less and less people are baited by his crappy pasta.

>I didn’t have a cell phone till 2011
Uff, I think I got my first cell phone in 2001, in 3rd grade. Though my first smartphone wasn't until 2012 or 2013. I was a bit of an edgelord and insisted that smartphones are just spying devices by the government, but eventually i caved in when i saw that sluts all use snapchat.

Ah well that just means Oda will have to make the chapters better this week or next week.

>Journey to the West
That's Chinese you moron.
Dragon Ball might be what you meant.

>That's Chinese you moron.
>Dragon Ball might be what you meant.
journey to the west had a literary impact on japan too.
you might recognize it if you read dragon ball.

Chinese, Japanese, same thing retard

Hey, OP. How are those numbers calculated? Are those just printed volumes? How about digital sales? Or are there online subscription models that include access to One Piece that need to be factored in? Are those kinds of revenue taken into account in the numbers you posted?

What next, are you going to claim that Fateshit is a nip invention that has nothing to do with the Arthurian Legend too?

I misread, I thought you meant a Japanese literature which had an impact internationally. Journey to the West certainly had a lot of impact on Japan.

>posts a clear downward trend
>hur dur you're wrong
lol

Can't lose sales if you've never had them in the first place

Congrats OP, you got people to reply to you’re shitty thread. You won, you’re finally a successful man. You’re family is no longer ashamed to be associated with you.

Obviously they are spying devices but who would ever want to look at your ugly face anyways

Is it any surprise with how boring the current arc is?

STOP IT, OP. PLEASE STOP IT.

Attached: hangerey.png (550x400, 183K)

Can't you see the massive drop, you mongoloid? Everyone in Japan is dropping One Piece. They made a poll asking which series they stopped reading recently and OP came on top.

>OP lost over 1 million sales.
>not declining.

Attached: one pice sales chart.png (1270x579, 75K)

Good.

OP is failing on digital sales. SnK and Vagabond sell more.

Attached: 1556200648181.jpg (640x296, 50K)

Looks more alive than hxh to me

I don’t understand, what do you people gain if One Piece fails? You think one day the people at Shuashia are just going to be like

>Ok guys One Piece is done, instead like Hunter x Hunter! Congratulations to the winning manga! You guys won and are special!

What do you care what nips buy? Why should anyone care?! If you like One Piece than read it if not fuck off. I’m so confused, is this really how you people spend your lives? Looking at sales trends of a manga you don’t even like. Oh my god you guys are pethetic. Go out! See the world! Sleep with people for god sakes! At the very least talk about manga you do like instead of shutting on ones you don’t for the hope of making people as bitter as you.

I'm loving all the SEETHING Juanpissfags in this saltmine. Good thread,

Attached: 1460370970679.jpg (525x297, 25K)

The massive drop is only for old volume sales. But it was like 35 million in 2011? I mean, there's only like 120 million Japanese people, right? At some point, every Japanese citizen (who has a vague interest in anime) will have all of the old volumes. It makes perfect sense

Well I'm liking Wano.

Fun fact, Dressrosa is the arc with the biggest chapter count. Oda intends on making Wano bigger than that.
The difference is that in Dressrosa nothing fucking happens and the pacing is horribly slow, while in Wano shit is happening in the country at all times and Oda is taking his time to set up plot points carefully.

If japs don't like Wano, maybe it's because it's not exotic enough for them, but it's not due to a dive in quality.

Nice try faggot. The new volume sales is pretty steady, and without any additional information it's impossible to say whether those trends meet, exceed or fall short of the market as a whole.

The pasta used by OP is stale. It tries to show yearly volume sales but it doesn't break it down any further, so it misses the huge jump in old volume sales around 2010. They also skip whole volumes and don't show the market trend at the same time.

OP's pasta isn't a sincere sales analysis. It's a shitpost designed to get (you)s.

Attached: (you).jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

>Go out! See the world! Sleep with people for god sakes!

Literally "Have sex", the argument.

>massive drop
Where?

Volume 65 to 75 sold 3M on average. Volume 75 to 80s sold 2.5M on average. Last 2 volumes barely reached 2M. Vol 92 is still at 1.8M. That's clearly a down trend and its not stopping.

One Piece is so popular. What if they just released a chapter, and after 10 pages or so, there is a big picture of Shinzo Abe saying "Have sex"

I’m offened, not because someone insulted a Chinese comic book, that doesn’t effect me or anyone with even the slightest bit of self awareness. I’m offended that I’m called stupid by people that spend their lives doing THIS.

>Your face while writing that post

Attached: file.jpg (700x383, 68K)

Literally nothing happens in Wano but Dressrosa had plenty of plot twists and happenings in every chapter, alongside fun characters.

Bartolomeo >>>> entire cast of Wano

Yes, correct. Jesus you people need to go to school or something. Here's a tip: you can lose sales and not be in a decline, it entirely depends on the market trends. If you make pizza and the market for pizza is down an average 10% but you're down 5% you actually doing pretty good.

New volumes sell onloy 2M when OP used to sell 3.5M per volume. Amazon ratings are low. Digital sales are lower than SnK and Vagabond. Poll show that readers are dropping it and the feedback from the online community is negative. One Piece is on its way to get the Bleach treatment. Why do you think Jump is so desperate to find a replacement?

>literally nothing happens in Wano
Where do you people crawl out of?

I’m not mad I’m just confused. Why do Hunterfags do this? What do they have to gain? Who cares if people aren’t buying One Piece. It doesn’t make sense to me that people as high and mighty as you guys resort to trying to tear others down, that seems like a brainlet thing to do.

The delusion is real.

Wano is shit. I don't think I can follow YET ANOTHER crew and allies vs evil king and his allies. So sad Zoo was just a set up arc it was much more interesting despite the furryshit.

>One Piece is on its way to get the Bleach treatment.
Keep telling yourself this, I'm sure it'' come true someday.

Imagine thinking Jump would ax its best seller and most recognizable series. how retarded do you have to be to actually believe that? Applesauce on the bib tier? Parents having to wipe your ass tier?

>S-STOP IT !!

Attached: luf-104.png (375x409, 140K)

I don’t get it, why do you care!!! Can someone who’s not an ass clown answer me why these people care so much about a manga they don’t even like?

It isn't healthy to spend your whole life inside user. Getting (you)s doesn't better yourself in the slightest.

Honestly, timeskip brought one piece from being far above and beyond the competition to having an uncomfortable lead. None of the new designs are as memorable or popular as the originals, and there's so little effect of the passing years on the surrounding cast or the plot itself.

Literally rent free

Bleach sold 150M and it was way more popular in the west than Wan Piss. Yet they axed it. If OP keeps losing sales like its happening right now, they will force Oda to do something drastic to get more readers and if that fails, they will force him to end it. That's how it works.

same

Based. The memes were true afterall, Oda is a hack.

Because Yea Forums is filled with people who have nothing going on in their lives. Whether they be NEETs, low skilled workers in dead end jobs, or antisocial outcast students, they don't have a constructive way to use their time so they waste it here.

Wow, thanks. Now that an anonymous guy on the internet told me to go outside, I will definitely turn my life around and become successful and popular

>I’m offened
Bravo!

Keep believing that man, I'm sure it will happen eventually.
>was way more popular in the west than Wan Piss
Japs don't give a shit about the west because the west doesn't buy manga at anywhere near the rate of other japs.

How can something that never is die?

Attached: Charlotte Brownie describes One Piece.png (228x245, 75K)

The only one who can make it happen is you. Feel free to choose to keep wallowing in your own depression, no one in the world is going to be able to help you if you have already given up.

>One Piece gets axed
>Shueisha forces Togashi to write on a regular schedule with no breaks because HxH is their only other top seller
>dies from back pain and overwork
Best timeline

Attached: dZnxRl5.png (499x333, 274K)

You know when you think about it this way you start to get less angry and more sad that both myself and others are wasting our lives here

Based

There is moments of good to be found here, and as sad as it is to say there aren't really any better places to discuss hobbies that you're a fan of, but the sheer number of antisocial misanthropes who call this place a second home buries all of the good under mountains of shit.

Thank you OP. This thread of complete waste of space, losers that spend their lives talking about the sales of Japanese children’s comic books that they don’t even like has opened my eyes. This website is truly for losers, I thought that was just what liberals say To make themselves feel better, but it’s true. I’m out. Thank you for opening my eyes

Cope OPtard.

>Based
Why do only shitposters say this? Do they even mean it?

Based retard.

They're phoneposters, so it's difficult for them to actually contribute to discussion. So they limit themselves to a couple words a post. That gives rise to their own memes, so things like based and cope let them shitpost without having to put any actual effort in.

So do you hate my post, or like it? Why do you call me based, but then retard?

>one piece gets axed
>capeshit academia and poor man mx0 but in fantasy setting get the scraps and become even more popular

>OPfags literally crying and having an existential crisis right now
OH NONONONONO

Attached: 1447579055124.jpg (680x441, 79K)

>discussion
Cope. You already got BTFO ITT.

Based redditor

Based
Am I doing this right?

based trips of autism

>what’s the deal with armpits anyway
JoeyJoestorm and the Savage Dragon of Shangri la