Good morning Yea Forums

Good morning Yea Forums

Attached: IMG_20190514_081421.jpg (907x724, 105K)

what animay ?

Good morning time traveler

Nice chinkbox. Why not a real nipponese TV folded over 1000x?

>all that cancer in one image
nice image OP

Hey guys. There are plenty of animes about pathetic losers getting transformed into Chads, but are there any about Chads who get transformed into ugly losers and then struggle the entire season?

Someone I don't even feel like making fun of OP

You want something else instead? I've got a big selection, I'll let you browse while I go to work.

Attached: IMG_20190514_090540.jpg (992x744, 134K)

I can't tell you, it's against the rules.

Based and crt-pilled OP

Attached: suteki.png (633x689, 847K)

Otaku no video.

Why so rude?

I'm actually considering get a CTR TV to watch old anime and movies. Is it worth it? I heard you can get headaches from watching 1080p in them.

It is worth it if you just look for simple and small time pleasure from reviving old vibes.

If you're into it because you're retro fanatical nostalgiafag that genuinely believes they were better, then no, but that just my opinion.

You need to know what kind of conversion and input/output method you will use as well as downsampling from 1080p.

Look for the crt thread on/VR/

And no, you won't get headache, cancer or hurt your eyes...

It's purely for the scanlines effect.

good morning

You can do this on your pc loading pixel shaders on your video player, VLC or MPC.
Look it up.

Not all CRT will display noticeable scanlines btw, it's a hipster meme.

holy shit i never knew

thank god crts are dead

Tried just now using shaders on X-files in 1080p and it's not the same. I don't know if it's because I'm looking at it too close from my 14" laptop screen tho.

scanlines would be visible in 240p (resolution which basically only game consoles or osd on vcr's used) on big tv or proffesional video monitor (or any crt tv with high tv lines count). CRT's displayed television/vhs/dvd in 480i, this resolution is interlaced so you won't see any 'constant' scanlines.
But it's still worth getting crt for watching old shows coz dvd or vhs looks great on them.

Chink, poorfag or spic?

What's the deal with the CRT movement? Modern TVs have much better clarity and I don't have to slap repeatedly them to make them function.

What a weird world we live in where people old enough to be on the internet think crt tvs had scanlines.
Only broken ones did.

oh shit not you again you old ass nigga
get a real tv please

Good morning, 1994

Its noon. Just woke up and made a cup of coffee. Now im going to watch devil hunter yohko

People who know nothing about how technology getting into retro games (because the current gaming landscape is a fucking wasteland for gameplay) are told to get a CRT to reduce lag and soften up those hard pixels, and all of a sudden they think CRTs are magical lost technology that can improve anything.

>ywn happily live as an otaku in the 90s watching Natsuki Crisis and driving around the countryside in your Toyota

How, exactly was I rude?

ohaiyo

Chink?

>So why do you watch you channels on crt?
>It makes it all real shitty and aesthetic and dislocates the channels.

Ah, the pixellation thing makes sense. Probably its only use.

What kind of ancient technology is this?

good morning

Nice, wish I hadn't sold mine for pennies, it was a great tv.

ohaiyo anonimasu

Attached: 1557060671204.png (315x439, 171K)

Smash Bros melee players

god, how did i mange to watch hours of tv on a CRT? just looking at the picture makes my eyes hurt.

Every console basically from 1 generation to 7 was made in mind to use with CRT tv. 240p looks just better on them, and modern tvs can't properly show that resolution, they upscale it and make it look like shit with a lot of artifacts, that takes a lot of time that causes input lag. So to comfortably play on modern tv you have to buy expensive upscaller. Also LCD can't display 480i (modern tv has to deinterlace it and that makes it look like shit on full HD) which was main resolution of television broadcast/vhs/dvd or every medium displayed on TV till half of the 10's.

Attached: turtlesCRT.jpg (3226x2420, 3.86M)

>Smash Bros melee players
they are even bigger virgins than any mlp fan couldve ever been

nice screen door effect

I know you are talking about Yea Forums but
>using virgin as an insult on Yea Forums

Nice try, that's not a CRT, that's CRT-Royale shaders on an LCD monitor.

>If you're into it because you're retro fanatical nostalgiafag that genuinely believes they were better, then no, but that just my opinion.
The best high-end CRT's still remain unsurpassed as of 2019.

Regular consumer shit?
You're better off with an LCD unless it's a good trinitron...and that's only for SD stuff.

You don't know what you're talking about.
Scanlines only were noticeable with old 240p games...and that's only on good CRT's now low-end shit.

I like this thread

if you guys want simple CRT render and don't want to deal with complications, my advice is to just get a 14'' or bigger Trinitrion, they all have component RCA in/out and you find them literally everywhere.
They will all give you nice scanlines effects and visible color pixels.

PVM are expensive but they allow you to do everything in one go.

It's nostalgia at it's peak, it's pretty autistic.
There are also good reasons to play on CRT, if you're looking into playing older games the way they were meant, but for the most part it's nostalgia.

pic related is just meme tier.

Attached: DZOm6sMUMAAJ4-9.jpg (720x404, 29K)